Why was Parineeti Chopra shamed over her weight when...

Floofy_Wolf thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

....there are other actresses who have found work and acceptance despite their weight, like Sonakshi and Vidya?

She got a lot of hate over it and then took a very long time off just to lose weight, and ruined her career.

Edited by Floofy_Wolf - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Just wasnt as headstrong as Vidya

Plus she fell into KJO / Dharma group and in the company of folks like Aditya Roy Kapoor - she claimed he was the one who called her fat and asked her to join a gym. And then it all went to shit from there

Same with Disha Patani. From a winning debut in the Dhoni movie, to getting in company of Tiger and ARK to be turned into a fitness freak. Completely got her career off track

Vidya must have had a better support system around her and better friends and family

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Plus she fell into KJO / Dharma group and in the company of folks like Aditya Roy Kapoor - she claimed he was the one who called her fat and asked her to join a gym. And then it all went to shit from there

Same with Disha Patani. From a winning debut in the Dhoni movie, to getting in company of Tiger and ARK to be turned into a fitness freak. Completely got her career off track

Vidya must have had a better support system around her and better friends and family

I agree with your post except aditya is vidya's relative 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

and now all the weight is back but acting is gone

problem was that she majorly lacked self awareness..she was weak and completely became obsessed with looking pretty and thin..but even with weight ..like success..you have to maintain it.which is the tough part..she lost it in 2016 and started putting it back on since..now 5 years later she is almost the same size but has lost so much more in the process

Edited by cougarTown - 2 years ago
TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Disha looks malnourished.  

w4always thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

I agree with your post except aditya is vidya's relative 

lol but dont think she takes any advice from him

Edited by w4always - 2 years ago
Justice4Samosa thumbnail

Was she? I don't remember anyone shaming her over her weight, atleast the audience and media didn't 😕 From whatever I saw it was her only who kept on talking about her weight to a point that her makeover also revolved around her weight. Plus when was she even fat to begin with?

Floofy_Wolf thumbnail

Originally posted by: MommaDarling

Was she? I don't remember anyone shaming her over her weight, atleast the audience and media didn't 😕 From whatever I saw it was her only who kept on talking about her weight to a point that her makeover also revolved around her weight. Plus when was she even fat to begin with?

Social media was full of messages about her being fat. She wasn't fat imo but it seems there's this expectation for actresses to be skinny.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

From what I remember everyone thought parineeti was refreshing in lvrb 

She got gr8 reviews for lvrb and ishaqzaade/ hasee toh phasee and no one even said anything abt her weight then …she wasn’t skinny or model like (like priyanka) but no one had a problem with that 

This whole weight nonsense started when she herself kept saying she was on a diet/ she was fat/ she needs to look better and frankly styled herself quite unflatteringly for her body type (like sonam said, super tight clothes ) 

Even now, no one gives a crap abt her weight ….they just want her to be authentic in her performances (something that was never an issue with vidya) 

She seems too busy wanting to be a “heroine” or mimic pcs career (glamorous and acting roles side by side) but she’s neither here nor there 

She also lacks originality and heavily tries to mimic rani or priyanka (imo, from what I’ve seen) 

Mediocre 

Edited by pathaka - 2 years ago
bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Parineeti herself bodyshamed her own friend 🤔

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zLSDOrEul0