How many people watched Zindegi Gulzar Hai?

Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

Why do Ekta's writers plagiarize from ZGH? They just picked the whole ZGH background of Kashaf and put it in this show. Do they really think the public is that clueless? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6

Nopes its something new for me as i did not watch the show so for me its a new track & interesting one

I don't watch pakistani shows thus tracks are new for me 

Edited by Mages - 2 years ago
Roroo thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Yes..that was my COVID watch 

hapc thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Yep. I too it annoying that they picked up that background. They could have shown that her dad cheated on her mom or he just left the family because he didn’t want to stay here either because he had a problem with her mom or because he never wanted to get married and feels like he wasted time in this marriage leading to resentment towards his daughters and ex wife. She could have still had bitterness towards men and although the story is common it wouldn’t feel plagiarized.

Edited by hapc - 2 years ago
Manasi_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Marybarton

Why do Ekta's writers plagiarize from ZGH? They just picked the whole ZGH background of Kashaf and put it in this show. Do they really think the public is that clueless? 

The problem is not only that they pick up tracks, but more that they destroy the essence of it.

In ZGH, Murtuza & Nigar were opportunistic, not evil and scheming, and Hammad toh was borderline cute- he only wanted good food😆

But here the father and his new family will be manipulative, horrible and downright evil.

Agar chori karni hi hai, toh dhang se karo na

Edited by Manasi_16 - 2 years ago
YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Yes I have watched it. 

But I don't mind balh2 copying a part of zgh.. although yes I would want things to be subtle instead of OTT even if they are copying, I am not really bothered by this angle. Just wish that the father is toned down a bit, that's all. 

Shlroy thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Yes, I did watch ZGH and yes this type of scenario was there in ZGH too but a more humane version here, it has already been established that her father and his family will be out an out villian and will keep on creating problems for Priya. That restaurant scene with father and step mom was totally unnecessary like they were lurking in the corner just to pop out and insult Priya. But I won't call this plagiarism yet as this track is not a new concept at all in ITV. I am pretty sure there are many shows where they must have shown lead's father having another family. 

Apart from being OTT, the main difference from this track from ZGH is that Kashaf used to be really pissed at her father more due to her mother's struggles which was resultant if her father not being around or supporting their family and then there was the anger of preferring a son over daughters. In BALH, we are yet to know about any struggles of the mother. Also in ZGH, the father used to directly insults his wife rather than badly insulting the daughter but the opposite is true here. 

For me the more problematic thing is the OTT screaming and also if you notice, the insults by the father is baseless. Saying that she is ugly or that she is so old now, won't be getting money from him. I mean none of these insults hold any value and it seems petty of teh father to insult his own daughter on this basis but sure they re hurting enough for anybody. 

Parakeet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I dont feel that they copied... Infact i think that having same BG is for anyone is not that surprising... many people and families go through samethings... its just that we dont know them...

Even if its inspired from it.. I dnt feel that it is disappointing... I would like to take it in a positive way.

radicalleftist thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I don't mind that it is an attempt to copy ZGH (emphasis on attempt because ZGH is a classic and no show of Ektas could ever get to that level) but I do think that that the least the show can do is say that it was inspired by it. But I know if they did that then a lot of people would be up in arms because it is a Pakistani show 🤔

Generally all creatives should openly credit the original pieces that they get inspiration from. That would give some amount of transparency. 

Tvfanatic85 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 3

Yup even I have watched the show and it is one of my favourites. But they have only copied the base that is the father left the mother since she has no sons. I have no issues because they have not copied everything in fact they have made it more OTT and plain simple bad. Murtaza was a more humane version but here it is plain simple villain type. Plus there is no way the makers will be able to show it the more mature way. They just want to show one more way that why does Priya hate men so much and why is she so angry with her life.