Will Deepika and Anushka ever work together?

Posted: 2 years ago

I have long read the media reports that these two are rivals and hate each other (or Anushka hates Deepika anyway for having a better debut and getting Ranveer) but the 2018 MeToo interview that featured these two actresses along with Rani, Tabu, Alia, and Taapsee showed the two to be comfortable with each other. I was not expecting that friendly dynamic but the camaraderie was there. 

Is it wishful thinking for them to star together?

I doubt it and I don’t think there is a need for that. I certainly don’t need to see this happening - both have talent but both are also highly insecure and seek validation from others so I can only imagine the type of drama that would take place. Only works when one of the ladies is much less successful (B list) or a lot more mature/self confident (e.g Priyanka and Katrina). 

Edited by Sorein - 2 years ago

I kind of fear that Virat and his family don't want Anushka to work as a mainstream actress. 

She hasn't signed a single movie since her marriage. She just wrapped up the ones she was already working on at that time. At most, she might agree to an occasional female-centric role where she doesn't have to romance anyone.

She's turned her attention only to producing. And even for that, I don't think she is ever physically there - her brother handles it. She just follows Virat around the world. 

not really interested to see them together and dont care if they do as well

Who cares if they do. Their time is up 😆

According to that old article on Deepikas website Anushka is busy being a wife and mom so probably not 😂🤣

Originally posted by hotchoco

I kind of fear that Virat and his family don't want Anushka to work as a mainstream actress. 

She hasn't signed a single movie since her marriage. She just wrapped up the ones she was already working on at that time. At most, she might agree to an occasional female-centric role where she doesn't have to romance anyone.

She's turned her attention only to producing. And even for that, I don't think she is ever physically there - her brother handles it. She just follows Virat around the world. 

If they have a problem with her romancing a man on screen maybe she could do a remake of that Isha Koppikar film with Deepika.  Girlfriend.  

Deepika with her rising international stardom can take it to Cannes or Sundance and Anushka can tag along in her bio bubble. 

They have always had a healthy professional rivalry but on personal terms they've always been supportive of each other.

Yes Anushka had a thing with Ranveer in the past but she's more than happily married with gorgeous Virat.

Deepika went on to become a much bigger star, whereas Anushka was considered the more talented one in their early days, and that must have influenced the dynamic somewhat, but I think they both love and respect each other now, and each has their own space.

I would LOVE to see them in a film together. I believe Deepika was in talks to do Zero at one point, that's the closest they've come to starring in the same film together, although DP had a cameo on the film but not sharing screen space with her.

Another film "connection" they have is Anushka rejected Tamasha which Deepika went on to do. I think for YJHD Ayaan was interested in signing Anushka, Katrina, Asin before finalising down DP.

❤️

Originally posted by Rangeelaa

According to that old article on Deepikas website Anushka is busy being a wife and mom so probably not 😂🤣

Is that another way of saying she has no work?

Originally posted by Floofy_Wolf

Is that another way of saying she has no work?

I think it was DPs way of saying Anuskha is not relevant