Frequent Posters

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Rocky was a Semi-Hit. 

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

My elder sister was a huge fan of Kumar Gaurav, I guess coz she was at that age when kids start having craze for stars, so guess it was Kumar Gaurav for her. So yes his craze was legit, though short lived.

As for Hrithik, his debut was sure a game changer for how debutants got presented after him. Before the star sons (there was hardly any launch of star daughters then), though launched with much fun fare were  never groomed as such. Before Hrithik was launched, he was groomed in all departments and it showed in his debut. Guess one could call it the first professionally done launch. After that, now all star kids are groomed before they r launched. Having said that, not many have the talent and star power that Hrithik has.

Edited by khamosshhh - 2 years ago
forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Floofy_Wolf

Wasn't his film Naam also a big hit? Although Sanjay was in the limelight for his role more than Kumar.

Sanjay owned Naam, It will always be remembered as Sanja's film

sharmajikaladka thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Softness

Love Story was not directed by Rajendra Kumar.

Rocky was a super hit. 

Jab pata na ho toh bona zaruri hai kya. 

Rocky was a debacle not Superhit. If you read those days trade magazines you will know it, 

Despite having good songs, the movie tanked at box office due to its feeble been there done that kind of story line. The movie tanked, but Sanju baba later proved himself with movies like Naam, Thanedaar, Sadak, etc.

Love Story was produced by Rajendra Kumar. 

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

With Hrithik it was a fluke.  It was  and still is all about his looks.  He can't really act , he's the same stiff ,awkward guy in every movie and the dancing is overrated.  He's the male Aishwarya Rai .   Think of him with smaller jaws , darker eyes and  as someone slightly  shorter and see if he  still stands a chance. 

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

Was Kumar Gaurav a Superstar?

No, Sridevi was the first superstar. 

Sridevi: Sridevi gif from Tumblr

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Rajendra Kumar is credited as the director of Love Story. Rahul Rawail left before completing the movie and Rajendra Kumar stepped in to complete the movie. Next time check the original source -the movie itself. And if you want to live in your bubble that Rocky was a super hit feel free. Dutt's biography by Yasser Usman acknowledges that Rocky didn't do well and got poor reviews. I'm giving you Sanjay Dutt's own words from an interview as quoted by the author.

"Unfortunately, the film did not work well, but at that time it was hardly a part of us, we were stunned by the shock of mom's death."

Quite amusing, labeling a hit film as a flop. I don't know why he is doing it, he might have his reasons but  Rocky was not a flop. It was a hit and was in the top 10 movies of the year. It also had great sound track. That song Aao Mere yaaro Aoo was quite a big hit. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS_CpZxizMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1LTeqA7ykg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRDIXzCsjEU

RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Well I don't know much as I hadn't arrived on Earth that time 🤗😆, so can't tell whether he was a craze or a sensation or not. But I can tell that he wasn't a superstar. Nobody becomes a superstar with just one hit. Perhaps a huge major star, but not a superstar. It takes years and success after success and high popularity to become a superstar. Even if you become a superstar with one huge megahit, u have to consolidate you position. Unfortunate for him that he somehow couldn't do that.

atominis thumbnail

Kumar Gaurav was a one film wonder. He had no solo hit except Love Story. Sanjay got all accolades for Naam.

First time I saw someone call Kumar Gaurav a superstar.

Rajesh Khanna got superstar title because he gave 15 super hits consecutively in a row in just 5 years without a single flop. A record which is still unmatched by any other actor before and after him.

He did not just get title for being on top for 6 years. 

Kumar Gaurav has no hit beyond Love Story. He is the reason why the word 'one film wonder' was coined.

And why Hrithik and Aamir also got compared to him after their few fims flopped post superhit debut.

Hrithik has way more hits than Kumar Gaurav ever had.

Nobody becomes superstar with just one hit.

Multiple hits and sustaining success gets that title. 

Kumar Gaurav did not even last a decade as an actor and in 90s he was totally out of the scene. He got no supporting roles either. 1 film hit does not make anyone a superstar. 

Edited by atominis - 2 years ago
capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Kumar Gaurav was a one film wonder. He had no solo hit except Love 86. Sanjay got all accolades for Naam.

First time I saw someone call Kumar Gaurav a superstar.

Rajesh Khanna got superstar title because he gave 15 super hits consecutively in a row in just 5 years without a single flop. A record which is still unmatched by any other actor before and after him.

He did not just get title for being on top for 6 years. 

Kumar Gaurav has no hit beyond Love 86. He is the reason why the word 'one film wonder' was coined.

And why Hrithik and Aamir also got compared to him after their few fims flopped post superhit debut.

Hrithik has way more hits than Kumar Gaurav ever had.

Nobody becomes superstar with just one hit.

Multiple hits and sustaining success gets that title. 

Kumar Gaurav did not even last a decade as an actor and in 90s he was totally out of the scene. He got no supporting roles either. 1 film hit does not make anyone a superstar. 

The Rajesh Khanna mania was repeated when Love Story was released. It is true KG couldn't sustain it. But that doesn't take away the fact that he became an overnight sensation adored and adulated. Just for a moment he was treated as the next superstar. The next time something  of this nature occurred was when Hrithik debuted.