Posted: 2 years ago

Vyjayanthimala is the only yesteryear actress that I found pretty below-average looking and am surprised that she became such a big star.

Her acting was fine but nothing extraordinary. She was a terrific dancer though.

How did she become such a big star?

My mum finds her prettier than Madhubala. I’m sure there were many such people…

I think she was really pretty, but I find all actresses from the Golden era pretty.

Ohh I think she was good looking, check out madhumati songs,  I’m not sure about acting but yeah her dancing was great in some of the old songs. 

Vyjayanthimala in Paigham (1959)

Vyjayanthimala in Paigham (1959)

me, a below average beauty?😲

my mirror disagrees with you : Vyjantimala😛

Originally posted by TheMinion

My mum finds her prettier than Madhubala. I’m sure there were many such people…

Same here. My mum says that she's the most prettiest actress ever. She finds her even more beautiful than Aishwarya and Madhubala..

No way. Beauty is subjective but I don't see how she can be called "below average" from any angle. She was a great dancer and a good actor from whatever I have seen of her onscreen. She had terrific screen presence and good chemistry with most of the leading actors she worked with. If you ask me, after Madhubala she was the most, as people may call it, "glamorous" actress of her era. No wonder she was a big star.⭐️

Edited by FilmiDhun - 2 years ago
Originally posted by tweetie19

Same here. My mum says that she's the most prettiest actress ever. She finds her even more beautiful than Aishwarya and Madhubala..

Aishwarya is NOT beautiful, period 😂

My mum being Vaijayantimala fan and dad Dev Anand, as a child I watched Jewel Thief so many times... what a movie! I can watch it again and again...

Originally posted by FilmiDhun

No way. Beauty is subjective but I don't see how she can be called "below average" from any angle. She was a great dancer and a good actor from whatever I have seen of her onscreen. She had terrific screen presence and good chemistry with most of the leading actors she worked with. If you ask me, after Madhubala she was the most, as people may call it, "glamorous" actress of her era. No wonder she was a big star.⭐️

She was such a great performer and an actress!! Love her!!

Wasn't sheen of the first great female superstar of her timeS?

Are you an Aish fan?!?! 😂