Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why didn’t Lara Dutta make it big?

MDNA thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

She was talented but chose the wrong movies.  

Why did she fail? 😒

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

She is a mediocre actress and all of her early movies were B-grade multistarrers .Really didn’t have any defining role that would make her stand out .

Edited by Daechwita - 2 years ago
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Daechwita

She is a mediocre actress and all of her early movies were B-grade multistarrers .Really didn’t have any defining role that would make her stand out .

Exactly.

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

She was sooo good in No Entry, I think comedy was her forte. She should have explored that more. 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Sharpener

She was sooo good in No Entry, I think comedy was her forte. She should have explored that more. 

She did, and she was quite horrible in "Do Knot disturb". But I agree, she was fairly decent in No Entry.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Though Lara is quite classy and interesting off-screen.🤗 She doesn't have that good screen-presence.

Given the right roles, she could've done but she had limited acting capabilities.🤔

Unlike PC who OVERSHADOWED Lara quite early with films like Aitraaz, Mujhse Shaadi Karoge, Waqt, Don, Krrish etc.

Unlike Lara, PC did unconventional roles and also managed to look good with BOTH senior actors (Salman, SRK, Akshay etc) as well as young actors (Ranbir, Shahid etc).

PC also changed her looks (grooming, surgeries, styling etc) every 2 years and adapted well with the changing narratives of the industry. 👍🏼

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think people confuse her intelligence and great off-screen personality with acting talent. Based on what I have seen of her, she was pretty mediocre in most of her movies. I love watching her interviews, feel she's extremely good looking, and admire her personality ... but don't remember any memorable role of hers.

She also lacked ambition. I think she said it on Simi's show that her ambitions are so much more varied and greater than just being a Bolly actress.

YourCat thumbnail
Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

I think people confuse her intelligence and great off-screen personality with acting talent. Based on what I have seen of her, she was pretty mediocre in most of her movies. I love watching her interviews, feel she's extremely good looking, and admire her personality ... but don't remember any memorable role of hers.

She also lacked ambition. I think she said it on Simi's show that her ambitions are so much more varied and greater than just being a Bolly actress.

Simi show, she asked the right question, not sure if she found the right answer

20:45 - 22:02

https://youtu.be/F8uDbI7zZ_w

Edited by Lalakhun1 - 2 years ago
TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Same reason why Sushmita couldn't make it big...

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

She is a shit actress, isn't exactly as adored by male contingent like her pageant compatriot Priyanka and was basically a B or C lister for her entire career.