Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Krit...a true blue outsider....imagine what she would have done or would do for her sister if she was as resourceful as a KJo or a Salman Khan.

Her sister has been making lame music videos since 2 years 😆 

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

I think nepotism was a 2 way street back in the day. While the nepotism beneficiary got a launch, it was also a business tactic for producers and film makers.  Back then, without social media, couldn't really promote movies the way we do today with trailers in YouTube, viral videos, interviews, promoting films and appearances in shows; and audiences weren't necessarily as open about novel scripts. Back then to make a film run you either needed hit songs, superstars/well known faces, OR someone related to a superstar you can market. In those days I remember there was hype that Amitabh's son and Karisma's little sister was being launched and Refugee actually look a big opening for two newcomers.

But times have changed, audiences have changed, and producers no longer need this nepotism angle to market a film. Thanks to social media, there are so many ways to market movies and get audiences to the theaters. I think the trends will change now.