Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

But then she still gets work in short stories. Perhaps more talented people might not even get that. But alas thats our world 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Ugh. Are they seriously this blinkered that they cannot see the diff between their difficulties and the struggles of outsiders.

Diff is she actually got the chance and still failed. Most outsiders don't get that first chance.

Diff is she still gets work albeit in smaller roles and can survive doing what she loves. The outsiders get to either spend their lives bussing tables and hoping for a break until they die or they return home to a 9 to 5 life. 

Nepotism will always be around to some extent. It actually should be around to some extent if only for some assurance of financial support for the industry from those who do have the cash to invest. But comments like Tanisha's really shows how insulated these people are from the rest of us. Equating herself to the likes of the average Bollywood hopeful!

Eta. Maroon, I don't know how I tagged you. IF won't let me undo it. Sorry

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

I feel honored to be tagged 🤗

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Not really. She got a YRF debut. For an outsider, getting a role in a movie itself is like winning the Powerball jackpot. It only happens if you're really really lucky, in the right place at the right time, a one in 50 million type of chance. 

The women at least have the pageant pipeline but I'm sure there are connections and politics within that structure too. In the US, pageant contestants have to work their way up from local pageants to state pageants to the national one. In India, it's straight to Miss India with no other prep required. There's gotta be a huge amount of shit happening in there too. For instance, Aishwarya was already considered to win even before she decided to enter because she was pretty. 😆

You have to be born for it either way - either by having the right parents or by having an immense amount of god-gifted luck. It has nothing to do with talent either because lots of talented people don't make it anywhere.  

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Ugh. Are they seriously this blinkered that they cannot see the diff between their difficulties and the struggles of outsiders.

Diff is she actually got the chance and still failed. Most outsiders don't get that first chance.

Diff is she still gets work albeit in smaller roles and can survive doing what she loves. The outsiders get to either spend their lives bussing tables and hoping for a break until they die or they return home to a 9 to 5 life. 

Nepotism will always be around to some extent. It actually should be around to some extent if only for some assurance of financial support for the industry from those who do have the cash to invest. But comments like Tanisha's really shows how insulated these people are from the rest of us. Equating herself to the likes of the average Bollywood hopeful!

You can't blame her....just like Ananya her Dad also never went to KWK...the struggle is real...😭

What do you expect when you try to make your "grand debut" with a sleazefest like Neal n Niki.😆 Did they really think people would enjoy a movie where girls walk around like strippers in broad daylight and boys are all just trying to get in your figurative pants?! 

What was YRF even trying to do? Redefine the definition of love with Uday Chopra making pathetic attempts to pull SRK and building bollywood romance around that hot mess that made no sense at all?!!

Not to forget that song "Hey i am the Neal, i am the man, rockstar superstar and then .... brace yourself, Nikki Bakshi, sweet and sexy, full on rocking, hot and happening."  🤪 Cuz they were the new generation kids, too cool for school.

I still feel sorry for Uday and Tanisha when I look back ...but with a mild amusement at those lofty goals gone so SOOO terribly wrong.😆

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

What do you expect when you try to make your "grand debut" with a sleazefest like Neal n Niki.😆 Did they really think people would enjoy a movie where girls walk around like strippers in broad daylight and boys are all just trying to get in your figurative pants?! 

What was YRF even trying to do? Redefine the definition of love with Uday Chopra making pathetic attempts to pull SRK and building bollywood romance around that hot mess that made no sense at all?!!

Not to forget that song "Hey i am the Neal, i am the man, rockstar superstar and then .... brace yourself, Nikki Bakshi, sweet and sexy, full on rocking, hot and happening."  🤪 Cuz they were the new generation kids, too cool for school.

I still feel sorry for Uday and Tanisha when I look back ...but with a mild amusement at those lofty goals gone so SOOO terribly wrong.😆

🤣

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEtHwzYtUIc&ab_channel=YRF

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I always knew she was stupid. After reading this I realized she is even dumber than I thought. Move aside Arjun, here comes the poster child of Nepotism. 

Girl, you are objectively unattractive. You objectively lack acting skills. Yet according to wiki you have appeared in 11 movies. HOW? WHY? Could it be because you knew people and people knew who you were? Couldn't be because of those acting skills

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Chalo she acknowledged she was a product of nepotism and yes u failed because u sucked but be thankful for what u got because u would have never  gotten that if u werent ur moms daughter and ur sisters sister.