Hasn't it gotten boring now?

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

I don't mean the contestants, the show's been stretched too far. Its been 8 months now and there are still 2 more eliminations before Top 5 and Grand Finale. They shot back to back and it affected every contestant's performance. Ran out of themes. Literally exhausted everyone. Judges got replaced.

What's the point? Is it even fair to anyone?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tambussam12345 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Indian public is tuning in and giving high trp to the show   Sony is in the limelight so it will continue longer. 

Don’t think the contestants knew what they were signing up for 😉

cosmos2024 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Who's complaining ? Definitely not the contestants they are the only singers in this country performing to a large audience, every musician and singer is badly hit, all theatres and places of entertainment are closed since more than a year and no chances of re opening in the near future.

It is for the audience to decide to watch or not.

I watched IPML and it is hopeless Kailash Kher is made to dress like a tapori. Mika has gone blind he wears goggles, Neha Bhasin is dressed to shame she looks like some pervert, Bhumi wears mini skirts she must be around 40 wants to look like some teenager..and the 3- 4 performances I saw were hopeless same old rubbish.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tambussam12345

Indian public is tuning in and giving high trp to the show   Sony is in the limelight so it will continue longer. 

Don’t think the contestants knew what they were signing up for 😉

Its sad. I generally never stop watching a show in between. Now I only read the forum comments.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: cosmos2021

Who's complaining ? Definitely not the contestants they are the only singers in this country performing to a large audience, every musician and singer is badly hit, all theatres and places of entertainment are closed since more than a year and no chances of re opening in the near future.

It is for the audience to decide to watch or not.

I watched IPML and it is hopeless Kailash Kher is made to dress like a tapori. Mika has gone blind he wears goggles, Neha Bhasin is dressed to shame she looks like some pervert, Bhumi wears mini skirts she must be around 40 wants to look like some teenager..and the 3- 4 performances I saw were hopeless same old rubbish.

The team has run out of ideas, they are making Arunita fry bhajiyas amongst other crazy stuff. The last time I checked, musicians and singers only require to record songs, shoot a video (optional and doesn't need a film size crew) and release it on social media platforms. Films have the worst hit, not music.

Do u not remember how weak PD's voice had become after his recovery? They were filming 4 episodes in 2 days which is overworking. Singing requires power and adequate rest for the vocal cords and lungs...COVID attacks the lungs...was it right to overwork the contestants and tire them out? The contestants are under contract, whether they agree or not doesn't matter. They have to do what is being asked of them.

And IPML is a major disappointment. Can't believe how the deseving teams aren't getting votea while the one with horrible performances has qualified.

PS: Neha and Bhumi can wear whatever they want. They don't look cheap.

Starttofinish thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Yes this season got stretched a bit too long due to the circumstances but NO, I don’t think I can get bored with it.

It’s  a good time pass for me. I do feel bad for the contestants that even though they have come to a point where their names are well recognized by people around the world, they can’t go out and try to establish themselves and look for opportunities. The grand finale is less than a month away and all good things will have to come to an end. 
Enjoy the show and the contestants while they are still coming on TV. We will soon miss them ! 

Edited by Starttofinish - 2 years ago
Piyaazzz thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I agree to both the points 

It has both pros n cons 

The team is getting work n everyone is making money and in these times work n source of income are very important! Especially in creative industries which are surrounded by uncertainty always, they are getting name n fame , the show is being telecasted in various countries and contributing to Thier professional careers (the times have changed now, the ones who are more popular are more successful , there are many examples of not very skilled people making it big due to their immense popularity) , moreover they are learning something new there everytime (PD in an interview said that II is college of music, there are coaches to teach them everything)  , 

Last season's contestants suffered a loss due to covid since they couldn't do Thier concerts ! (Told by Girish sir in an interview) so the contestants this season are lucky that the same thing isn't happening this time (as of now) 

Now let's flip the sides 

The singers are deffo tired n that's why they are repeating songs ! Coz to perform on a new song requires a lot of efforts n practice, the same songs are repeated coz the contestants are familiar with them n can perform with ease ! 

PD Ka case alag hi he me Kuch bhi bolungi to mujhe gussa aayega automatically😆 bohot Kuch jhela he 🤪

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Starttofinish

Yes this season got stretched a bit too long due to the circumstances but NO, I don’t think I can get bored with it.

It’s  a good time pass for me. I do feel bad for the contestants that even though they have come to a point where their names are well recognized by people around the world, they can’t go out and try to establish themselves and look for opportunities. The grand finale is less than a month away and all good things will have to come to an end. 
Enjoy the show and the contestants while they are still coming on TV. We will soon miss them ! 

One of the mentors..I think Neeraj sir mentioned something in one of his interviews.

Usually after the show ends these contestants do shows with the idol team..musicians and all..they travel to different places even outside India..this way they get enough money to establish themselves and also get exposure. It helps in their struggle in the industry.

Sadly this didn't happen with Indian idol 11 Contestants coz of covid. So they lost out on opportunities and didn't get as much recognition as earlier ones. Same would have happened with this season if it ended earlier. Out of sight is out of mind. Since show is still running we get to hear them ..they r all so popular n recognized..and with situation somewhat in control they can do shows too

cosmos2024 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

The team has run out of ideas, they are making Arunita fry bhajiyas amongst other crazy stuff. The last time I checked, musicians and singers only require to record songs, shoot a video (optional and doesn't need a film size crew) and release it on social media platforms. Films have the worst hit, not music.

Do u not remember how weak PD's voice had become after his recovery? They were filming 4 episodes in 2 days which is overworking. Singing requires power and adequate rest for the vocal cords and lungs...COVID attacks the lungs...was it right to overwork the contestants and tire them out? The contestants are under contract, whether they agree or not doesn't matter. They have to do what is being asked of them.

And IPML is a major disappointment. Can't believe how the deseving teams aren't getting votea while the one with horrible performances has qualified.

PS: Neha and Bhumi can wear whatever they want. They don't look cheap.

So it has now turned into a cookery show as well. That's all time pass even Renu and the others had made modaks.

I don't know which singers you are mentioning maybe the rich and famous.

There are people from the music profession whose livelihood depends upon stage shows, concerts, places of worship, tourist spots and marriages who are badly affected. Sawai and Sayli would have plunged into financial depression had it not been for II. Nachiket had also mentioned about depression before being selected. It is matter of pride for any musician to perform on the stage of Idol.

No contestant wants to be eliminated even if they are being side lined and not given enough footage.

PWD had asymptomatic covid had it affected the lungs he would have been hospitalized like Aditya.

If the contestants are bored and indifferent might as well terminate the contract and go home. The stage should give a chance to the eliminated contestants they would be more than willing.

I've very rarely spotted the koel but it enthralls every passer by with its calls.

Singers are better heard than seen. If they dress up like jokers it diverts attention from their vocals, they can be simply dressed ....JMO

Edited by cosmos2021 - 2 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Right..for us it is a reality show but for them it's their reality. We watch for entertainment and can stop watching when we r bored..but for the contestants it's their chance to gain foothold and start a mainstream career. 

And even for the crew it's their profession. 

It has clicked..still gets high TRPs..and the most important takeaway for them is that all top 12 r now  known faces and audience loves them..even top 15..they have their own fan base.