I dont want people to hate me- Nidhi aka Kinjal (new IF article)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fearless_Lover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

Nidhi Shah

Courtesy : Nidhi's Instagram

Star Plus show Anupamaa has been fairing extremely well on the BARC charts. The show has always maintained its position in TOP 2 most viewed shows across channel. It is produced by Rajan Shahi’s Directors’ Kut Production. The show has a stellar star cast including Rupali Ganguly, Sudhanshu Pandey, Alpana Buch, Arvind Vaidya, Madalsa Sharma, Paras Kalnawat, Ashish Mehrotra, Nidhi Shah, Anagha Bhosle, Muskaan Bamne among others. 

The current track of the show revolves around Kavya trying hard to create problems and taunt Anupamaa along with Baa and Bapuji.

The recent promo has gotten a great response. It has Kinjal getting manipulated by Kavya and going against Anupamaa. Anu tells Kinjal to make chapatis and that’s when Kavya manipulates Kinjal stating that she is turning out to be the second Anupamaa who’s confined to kitchen. Furthermore, Kinjal is seen disobeying Anupamaa by not cooking rotis. She further puts a firm stand forward for herself.

Have a look at the promo:

Fans went berserk over the promo. They completely adore Kinjal’s character and couldn’t see her being the negative link in the family. A lot of fans reacted stating that Kinjal shouldn’t turn grey or shouldn’t go against Anupamaa. India Forums got in touch with Nidhi Shah who plays the role of Kinjal in the show. In a brief chat she revealed, “I’m pleasantly surprised and shocked seeing the reaction on the promo. It made me realize that fans are really close to Kinjal’s character and love her a lot. However, I would like to state that my character wouldn’t turn entirely negative. Kinjal is a self-made working woman; she is also trying her best to be good at household chores. She has been quite mature and balancing but has always put a strong foot forward when it comes to her opinions about rights and wrongs. She doesn’t shy away in stating bitter truth even if it’s not comforting for others. Kinjal is today’s girl. She is out-spoken but she will never think ill about Anupamaa or other family members”.

When asked about her reaction on learning about her character graph, she said, “When I was told, I was like no, please don’t do this. Kinjal is such a sweetheart. Having said that, I have full faith in the writing department and the producer Rajan Shahi. I’m sure they’ll pan out the character pretty well for the viewers”.

She added, “Honestly, I’m very nervous about the upcoming track. I don’t want people to hate me. They’ve loved Kinjal so much. Even when I read the script today, I was a little nervous about how I’ll be able to carry out this shade of Kinjal’s character”.

Well, we hope people like the track and Nidhi’s performance.

Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Why would anyone hate her personally? It's her onscreen character not her directly. As far as Kinjal is concerned, I'd just be like "you should have listened to your mom"

NoraSM thumbnail

A sad state of Indian television where a woman is negative for not cooking after working all day long, Anupama is toxic assertion of patriarchal mindset in a glorified form

sweet_tania thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: NoraSM

A sad state of Indian television where a woman is negative for not cooking after working all day long, Anupama is toxic assertion of patriarchal mindset in a glorified form

I am so agree ,its sad state of indian television where woman is negative for not cooking after working all day long, all the expectations from daughter in law and no expectation from own daughter/sons. 

In india , whether you are working or housewife, in any case, cooking for N number of family members is mandatory for daughter in law. Other members can do side things but cooking is main job and it should be done by daughter in law only! And in cooking also, daughter in law should cook full meal as per each and every family member's food habit ,it doesn't matter she has time/mood or not.