Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Spark in our bonfire hearts by DelusionsofNeha

This was my first time reading anything by Neha, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how well the story was written, and how well the narrative flew. 

As the main protagonist, Amethys' sexuality is revealed (which is done very coolly and with no drama whatsoever), she goes on to explore a relationship with Cassie. Neha sets up the scenes so adeptly, using their conversations at the museum and later at the beach to explore their budding attraction, the eagerness at knowing more about each other and also to reveal each one's personality. 

The highlight for me was Amethys' group of friends that are thoroughly supportive and all so cool (What wouldn't I give for a group of friends like this!) 

The end is heart-warming with a beautiful nature metaphor paralleling the two's newly found relationship. Wonderful read!

Please go show this fic some love and also Neha's poems that are featured in the same collection!

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Crashlanding on you by Koeli

What can I say about Appy's writing that you don't already know? She's such a well-known and well-loved author on this forum that it's meaningless for me to attempt to say anything, but I'll give it a shot.

The first time I read Crashlanding on you, it was as a casual reader on the Shaurya and Anokhi forum, and I enjoyed it then and had the opportunity to enjoy it again when I beta-read it.

Appy sets up the story really well, with the simmering tension between Shaurya and Ahir as they meet up at Anokhi's Holi party. You can literally feel the sparks flying out of the screen as the two go hammer and tongs at each other - taunting and sneering and lashing out until the reader is simply dying for them to confess and get together! The build-up is just so delicious and evokes all the best emotions in the reader that a good romantic fiction should.

If you haven't read this already, you're missing something! Go. Read. Now!

Edited by LizzieBennett - 2 years ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennett

Spark in our bonfire hearts by DelusionsofNeha

This was my first time reading anything by Neha, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how well the story was written, and how well the narrative flew. OMG thank you so muchπŸ€—

As the main protagonist, Amethys' sexuality is revealed (which is done very coolly and with no drama whatsoever), she goes on to explore a relationship with Cassie. Neha sets up the scenes so adeptly, using their conversations at the museum and later at the beach to explore their budding attraction, the eagerness at knowing more about each other and also to reveal each one's personality. 

The highlight for me was Amethys' group of friends that are thoroughly supportive and all so cool (What wouldn't I give for a group of friends like this! Your sexuality, we gays are usually more kind n cool as we've seen all sorts of negativity and toxicity and we wanna keep away from it )πŸ€—

The end is heart-warming with a beautiful nature metaphor paralleling the two's newly found relationship. Wonderful read!

Please go show this fic some love and also Neha's poems that are featured in the same collection!

This really made my day, I'm not exaggerating! 

Nature is the most beautiful creation and there's nothing beyond it! I hope I find my love like that πŸ˜³

Thanku loads once againπŸ€—

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Okay now onto our most prolific author with all of a staggering 9 LGBTQ+ stories featured for Pride Month! Yep, it's none other than the supremely talented Shibani!

I'm reviewing 4 of her works that I've had the pleasure to read (and/or beta-read), but you should read them all! I'm sure they're all fabulous!

Meera and her A-Maze-ing tale of finding love by Shibani

Okay, first off, I loved the pun on the title and that is what hooked me in! I had watched 'Cocktail' ages ago and have never watched Lucifer, but these were not deterrents for me to enjoy this story about Mazekeen and Meera. 

Shibani begins by setting up Maze's background and her first meeting with Meera, then brings in Meera's background and follows up by exploring how their relationship evolves thereafter. It's sweet, it's saucy, it's funny. In short, this little OS has oodles of charm and you wish for more when you get to the ending. I have always loved unconventional pairings and I read this one between Maze and Meera with delighted surprise. In other words, it was a treat! Do write more, Shibz! 

Staircase by Shibani 

This one actually surprised me so much at how well Shibani was able to explore the character's gender identity (and the fears associated with change) in just a few words! Mind-boggling! 

You look at the length and you wish there was more, but once you read you realize it's just perfect the way it is! Brilliant piece set in the world of HP and Hogwarts! So all you HP fans (and non-HP ones too if they exist) go read this one immediately!

Soul Blow by Shibani

I did not beta-read this one, but did read it and found it rip-roaringly 'punny' as my review said! πŸ˜† I loved the concept of soul-mates and the mark that Shaurya and Ahir bear, and how amazingly well set-up their meeting is which leads to them saying those unlikely phrases out loud to each other! πŸ€£ The relationship moves ahead after that and ends in a totally 'awwww' moment that is sure to melt your heart! Such a fun read!

The married woman - You are my second chance

This fic explores the relationship between Peeplika and Astha, first setting up the present and then slowly revealing the past. The narrative flows engagingly, keeping the reader hooked as it flits between the past and the present. The main attraction for me was the way Peeplika's relationship with Astha's kids is portrayed. A maturely written fic that draws out the element of angst in the pain of separation very well. 

Go read these awesome stories and don't forget to tell Shibani how much you loved them!

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Meera and her A-Maze-ing tale of finding love by Shibani

Staircase by Shibani 

Soul Blow by Shibani

The married woman - You are my second chance

OH.MY.GOD! Imagine waking up to this! Why are you so awesome Lizzie😭 Your words mean the world to me honestly, rn😭 I am crying ugly😭 Never got this detailed review of my word and every word is just

I am speechless rn!You dazzled me!⭐️

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Friends by Begum

How did I miss reviewing this one? It was at the very top of the list! πŸ€”

Begum sets up the premise of three unlikely friends - Rahul, Alex and Lalita who are freshmen in college. Their first meeting is fraught with tension and extremely disturbing events occur. But there's nothing that draws you together like a shared crisis and the three become fast friends. The three then experience more unexpected events, that again draws them closer, but pushes two of them apart. There is fighting, silence, communication, revelations, understanding, intervention - in short, everything friendship is about. Things seem to be settling down when another unexpected event occurs leading to the final (shocking) revelation about one of the three that leaves the other two totally stunned. 

It's an interesting story revolving around the 3 main characters, and the events keep you guessing as to where this story is going and how it's going to end. Trust me, you will be as surprised at the end as I was!

Go read this novelette that not only explores alternate sexualities but also gender expression.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Breaking Free by Tiara

Again, it was my first time beta-reading anything written by Tiara and it was an absolute pleasure - there was nothing much for me to do, so I could actually take off my BR glasses and enjoy the stories! πŸ˜ƒ

Breaking free encompasses three stories each of which explores a different aspect of the LGBTQ+ spectrum. Tiara explores each story painstakingly, drawing out the protagonists' relationships in a detailed and thought-provoking manner. The second story - Blood that binds - especially hit me emotionally, and made me sit up in righteous anger at how unfairly trans people are treated by society. Even the simple act of giving that most of us take for granted is denied to them just because of who they are. It was eye-opening for me in more ways than one. Tiara brings out the protagonist, Vivenka's quandary beautifully and poignantly in just a few words! A must-read if you want to educate yourself on the discrimination faced by trans people!

The other two stories are also well-written, again exploring different sexualities. Especially interesting was the biromantic asexual. I confess I have never read a story about them before so this one was educational for me too!

Go read all of Tiara's featured works and show her some love!

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Forbidden desires by Shirisha

Another well-loved author on IF, and a prolific one too with so many of her works published on the FF section!

Shiri explores the unconventional relationship between Scarlett and Maya. Again, I confess I have no idea who these two are, but it did not matter. In this story, they are schoolmates who also end up as college mates and roommates and thoroughly detest each other! But how long can it take for hate to turn into love?

Shiri sets up the delicious bantering between the two who behave somewhat childishly until one incident that shakes them up and brings them to the realization that there could be something deeper between them.

A cute, engaging read that I totally enjoyed beta-ing.

Go read Shiri's other LGBTQ+ fics too and show her all the love she deserves! 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

And just because I didn’t review the other featured authors doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be reading the other fabulous LGBTQ+ stories  featured for Pride Month!

Please go read each one of them and show them a whole lotta love!

It’s a great way to show your support and solidarity for the LGBTQ+ community and encourage more authors to write on the subject, thereby increasing their representation in the media! Go forth and read, my friends! 

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

Forbidden desires by Shirisha

Another well-loved author on IF, and a prolific one too with so many of her works published on the FF section!

Shiri explores the unconventional relationship between Scarlett and Maya. Again, I confess I have no idea who these two are, but it did not matter. In this story, they are schoolmates who also end up as college mates and roommates and thoroughly detest each other! But how long can it take for hate to turn into love?

Shiri sets up the delicious bantering between the two who behave somewhat childishly until one incident that shakes them up and brings them to the realization that there could be something deeper between them.

A cute, engaging read that I totally enjoyed beta-ing.

Go read Shiri's other LGBTQ+ fics too and show her all the love she deserves! 

This made my day ❀

Thank you so much Lizzie for your kind words πŸ€—