Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

It’s not easy turning ideas into sentences and sentences into a beautiful piece of writing, so when it happens, it has the ability to affect everyone in an incredible way.⭐️

Our India Forums writers wrote such great stories using the LGBTQ+ subject as a central theme of their stories. Every book in the fan fiction section looks like a replica of an award that fits on this occasion.

During Pride month every June, a lot of attention turns to LGBTQ culture, including its artists, creators and authors. For 30 days, every product from T-shirts to bagels come in a rainbow motif to trumpet the LGBTQ community. But increased visibility during Pride month shouldn't serve as an annual check-in — it's a starting point to expand our understanding of the subject all year long.🤗

Those wonderful stories written by our IF authors are really the value of a piece of gold that I feel.⭐️⭐️⭐️

Viswasruti thumbnail

After reading our writers' LGBTQ stories, as well as books with queer characters show us that our literary worlds can (and should!) be as nicely diversified as the one we live in.  And just like the rest of the literary canon, LGBTQ books come in all genres. We have something for fans of thrillers and crime, romantic stories humor, favorite topics for everyone. Pick up one of these or add them all to your own must-read list  or pick up a few as a great gift for the book-lover  in your life. And once you're done here, head on over to the recommended books — and even more feel-good reads.smiley27

When you read something written by a good writer and when you feel the need to praise or appreciate the writer, it clearly indicates that you are impressed by the words of the writer and the way she has woven them together.

So, what you can do is just express your thoughts and your feelings the way you have felt them when reading her work. You don't even have to describe your opinions in the way the writer does, or you don't have to use widely unknown, seemingly impressive words.

Talk about your true feelings, and I am sure that your words will broaden the lips of the writer.

Please write a few lines  of appreciation in the special fanfiction section where the LGBTQ stories presented for your attention, to broaden our perspective on the LGBTQ themes. ⭐️

Viswasruti thumbnail

If you’re looking for the best LGBT books, you’ve come to the right place. Now that the literary world is more diverse and representative than ever, the world is teeming with wonderful books featuring queer characters. 

Here I am suggesting a few good books to read ....

Nonfiction 

1. Fairest: A Memoir by Meredith Talusan 

Meredith Talusan’s memoir traces her journey, as she puts it herself, from albino boy in the Philippines to immigrant, award-winning woman journalist in the United States. Eloquent and moving, this incisive memoir explores a space at the intersection of race, gender identity, immigrant status, and disability, thematizing as it does the author’s experience of reading ‘white’ as an Asian albino. An issue that orbits all of these themes is the persistent question of desirability, which Talusan increasingly holds up to the light as an entirely arbitrary label that holds different meanings in different parts of the world. Fairest is a brave look in the mirror and an honest tale of selfhood.

Untamed by Glennon Doyle

In this powerful memoir and self-help book, Glennon Doyle talks about letting go of your inhibitions, years of ingrained social conditioning, and the need to please others, in order to really come into your own. Doyle doesn’t flinch away from vulnerability, and shares her own story of questioning where she found herself in life, and realizing she needed to realign herself to her true queer identity. Untamed talks about falling in love, being a good partner, but also learning to fall in love with yourself by rediscovering the self you knew in childhood and truly living your life. It’s a celebration, and certainly worth your time.

3. The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson

This is Maggie Nelson’s unapologetically theoretical analysis of her own life and marriage to fluidly-gendered Harry Dodge. Nelson’s sharp eyes illuminate the making of queer relationships and queer families, always challenging, always questioning. Bodies and their tenderly chronicled changes are central in this narrative: Nelson’s body is changed by pregnancy while Dodge’s body is changed by surgery and testosterone. “On the surface it may have seemed as though your body was becoming more and more ‘male,’ mine more and more ‘female,’” writes Nelson in The Argonauts. But to confine bodies to these labels is reductive, she goes on to explain in this powerful book.

Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers: A History of Lesbian Life in Twentieth-Century America by Lillian Faderman

First published in 1991, this historical account of lesbianism throughout the twentieth century is, admittedly, a little dated. Still, for anyone interested in the shifting cultural attitudes surrounding female-centric romance across several tumultuous, wildly differing decades, the book is well worth your time. Faderman tracks America’s attitude toward women loving women from the time when “romantic friendship” was a normal, even admirable trait, through the experimental roaring twenties, to the terror-driven McCarthy years, and beyond. Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers is a fascinating look at not only the history of gay rights, but the intersection of how being a woman played into that journey — and a sobering reminder that the work still isn’t done.

Edited by Viswasruti - 2 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

LGBTQ+ Fiction

Star-Crossed by Barbara Dee

Children’s lit has become more inclusive in recent years, but one identity that still struggles for shelf space is bisexuality. Star-Crossed helps make up that deficit. Set against the dramatic backdrop of a middle school production of Romeo and Juliet, the story follows Mattie as she starts falling for her brilliant, pretty, and British co-star. Her feelings are complicated by a long-standing crush she’s had on a boy, though, as Mattie works to figure out what it means to like both boys and girls. It’s an affirming exploration of young romance, Shakespeare, and friendship that will stay with readers long after the curtain drops.⭐️

Drum Roll, Please by Lisa Jenn Bigelow

Lisa Jenn Bigelow introduces us to Melly: a girl who’s newly into drumming, and attending two weeks at Camp Rockaway. What she doesn’t know at the start of summer is just how much is about to change: her parents are getting a divorce, her best friend is ignoring her, and there’s a new girl at camp who’s giving Melly feelings she’s never experienced before. Drum Roll, Please will give you all the “feels,” as Melly swings between heartbreak and hope, ultimately learning the importance of expressing her true self — to a rocking beat, of course.

The Whispers by Greg Howard

The perfect blend of magical and spooky, The Whispers is a book you won’t forget! It’s centered around eleven-year-old Riley, a boy full of wishes. He wishes he could stop wetting the bed, he wishes the bullies would stop picking on him, he wishes that his crush would like him back… and he wishes that his mom would come home.here’s not much a boy his age can do about these things, at least under normal circumstances. But Riley believes in the whispers, fairy creatures in the woods who can grant wishes for the right price. So begins a magical journey that will shake the foundation of everything Riley believes.

Grey-licious thumbnail

Tagging the authors of our FF section

Grey-licious thumbnail

Will try to read all these books madzzzyy

Thank you so much for recommending

Amphitrite thumbnail

Madhuri!

Thank you so much for the book recommendations🤗

Will try to read all of them as soon as time permits

Savera84 thumbnail

Book recommendation, actually it is an FF.

If this doesn't fit in the set rules, let me know.  I will remove it.

This is an FF based on IPKKND characters, written on a different platform.

When The Curtain Falls by Palaayan.

This story is about 3 couples.  One couple is two girls who were in a relationship and get married.

I really loved the way the writer made her readers understand their relationship better. 

Cheers......

Edited by Savera84 - 2 years ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Ok, I've done a lot of beta-reading for Pride Month (as have my fellow BRs) and it has been overall a pleasure to read such varied, and imaginative works from our talented authors right here on IF. So I've decided I'll review the ones that I have read!

Nervous Attraction by Alexia (Amphitrite)

This was such a fun read! It explores the attraction between Shaurya and Ahir when they meet at a cafe with their common friend, Anokhi. Without giving away any spoilers, the two share some unexpected moments (and conversation) at an opportune time when Anokhi is out of the picture. First love and first confessions are always so sweet to read about, and Alexia does a great job enunciating the emotions that both Shaurya and Ahir feel, one a bit tentative and the other a little bolder and surer. The simmering attraction between the two is very well portrayed.

I recommend everyone read this cute little one shot and leave some positive reviews for our dear Lexi!