Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

Both have aged well. Jaya is ageing naturally like any woman of her age would. She does not go for plastic surgeries, liposuction or botox or even hair color. She is a grandmother of grown kids and looks like any woman of her age looks.

Amitabh never left her because she sacrificed everything  for him, took care of her family and his parents also loved her. She manages that entire household and tolerated Amitabh's whims and affairs. It is she who travelled barefoot to temples praying for him when he was almost dying after Coolie accident and took care of his parents and kids when he was bedridden. It is she whose production house made TV serials succeeded on TV and helped AB earn some money when ABCL failed and he was in debt in 90s. It is she who defended him when Rajesh Khanna mocked him, it is she who worked with him when no one else was working with him in early 70s. It is she who took him to meet producers and her contacts at FTII when he came to Bombay looking for work as an actor. 

Anyway Amitabh is into astrology and astrologers told him Jaya was far luckier for him and that his fatal accident on Coolie sets or financial crisis, films flopping  was due to Rekha's influence in his life as she had a bad horoscope and was unlucky for any men she associated with. His parents also never wanted him to leave Jaya for anyone else. So due to his parents and astrologers he stayed with Jaya.

A man needs much more than just looks or fancy saree clad woman in a wife. Jaya could have left Amitabh given how he treated her, cheated on her, took her for granted and did not honour her sacrifices and care for him, his family nor respected her as mother of their kids, but she stayed for sake of her kids and in laws. Helped Amitabh handle ABCL failure, maintain family man image and still keeps in politics to keep those well cultivated links of Bachchan family in politics. Jaya defended him when he was tainted post Bofors as well. 

Amitabh should be grateful he has a wife like Jaya. Otherwise he deserved to be dumped the way many other star wives left their abusive, drunkard, philandering, negligent spouses. 

If he has a so called family man or respectable traditional Indian family image today it is only due to sacrifices of Jaya Bachchan. Amitabh has no face to regret marrying or staying with Jaya given what all she did for him all life.  

oh wow....never knew abt the astrology part🤓

atominis thumbnail

Amitabh is neck deep into astrology after the Coolie incident and failure of ABCL, Bofors etc. He had swift, sudden downfall at every front and became insanely fatalistic by late 80s and early 90s. It was everywhere back then and is still discussed on old film fan clubs and blogs, how his astrologer told him Jaya's good horoscope saved his life and Rekha's bad horoscope could have threatened his life and reputation. Given how Vinod Mehra died, Rekha's husband died, most people began to believe she was indeed unlucky for any men she was in relationship with and had a bad horoscope. 

Amitabh chose to avoid Rekha and stick to Jaya for sake of his parents and due to belief in astrologers and pandits who told him Jaya was lucky and protective influence for him. 

Jaya is also religious and kinda superstitious. She used to walk barefoot to temples, hold pujas, fasts, lit candles at specific famous churches and diyas at dargahs to pray for Amitabh's survival when he was in hospital after Coolie accident. 

The astrology and puja stuff they made Ash do before wedding to Abhishek is nothing new. 

Amitabh also changed names of his houses or got his houses reconstructed and renovated as per Vastu, Feng Shui and has his personal astro architect who he consults for every office or personal home building he buys. Bollywood Hungama reported about that famous astro architect who has big Bollywood clients like Bachchans. Jalsa for eg was named and renovated after consultation from astro architect and numerologists. Name of ABCL was also changed to AB Corp on instruction of numerologists.

In a way pandits saved Amitabh and Jaya marriage. 

she really needs to maintain her dignity

Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

In all this i really feel bad for jaya, she was such a simple beautiful woman who has turned into grinch over years due to bachhan sr being a narcissistic a hole to her. I think Abhishek is more of a feminist after seeing his father's behaviour towards his mom. 

Moreover Jaya married AB when he wasn't a successful man, it must all hurt her!

atominis thumbnail

My parents say the same whenever they see Jaya onscreen either in present appearances or her old films - how vivacious she was and a bigger star than Amitabh in early 70s and what became of her after marriage to Amitabh. 

Only nowadays online I have seen people diss her or sympathise with Amitabh or Rekha. Old timers always talk of how much Jaya endured. Infact, once a Rajesh Khanna fan on this forum itself, several years ago, was lamenting why Kaka did not have a supportive 'tolerant wife' like Jaya and 'how Kaka's career/ life would have been better if he had a wife like Jaya' and blamed Dimple for leaving that abusive relationship instead of 'staying with husband like Jaya'. 

When I showed Jaya's irritable outburst videos to parents they said she must have been frustrated and fed up after all these decades and her pent up frustration gets released on media or crowds perhaps.

If you watch Rendezvous and other combo interviews of Bachchans you can clearly see how everyone gangs up on Jaya or mocks her or interrupts her or how Amitabh dominates conversations and rest of family is more reserved, compared to him or speaks less when he begins to speak in a louder tone. He is a dominant guy and I sometimes feel in real life he may be same as Abhimaan type character he played in that film, with a dash of Silsila type character if his affairs are anything to go by. 

Jaya was probably more secure when her in laws were alive since they loved and preferred her the most in that family and were main reason to stop Amitabh from leaving Jaya for Rekha. I feel she has become more grumpy and lonely after that pillar of support was gone in that household, because I do not recall seeing any videos of her outbursts at media or fans in public in earlier years. 

I do not like her due to her outbursts, regressive and sexist statements. I cannot understand why she sacrificed it all and did so much for a man who was basically entitled, disloyal and thankless. But I guess she loved him deeply and is an orthodox lady at heart with certain ideas of duty of wife and DIL so she does what she does.  

I just hate media showing them as some ideal family and Bachchan Sr trying to do those traditional family photo shoots showing himself as adarsh Bharatiya purush that he is not. Hypocrite. As much as I like his old films onscreen as an actor or his skill as a host on TV I equally dislike him irl. He is a great actor but a pathetic human being. 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

My parents say the same whenever they see Jaya onscreen either in present appearances or her old films - how vivacious she was and a bigger star than Amitabh in early 70s and what became of her after marriage to Amitabh. 

Only nowadays online I have seen people diss her or sympathise with Amitabh or Rekha. Old timers always talk of how much Jaya endured. Infact, once a Rajesh Khanna fan on this forum itself, several years ago, was lamenting why Kaka did not have a supportive 'tolerant wife' like Jaya and 'how Kaka's career/ life would have been better if he had a wife like Jaya' and blamed Dimple for leaving that abusive relationship instead of 'staying with husband like Jaya'. 

When I showed Jaya's irritable outburst videos to parents they said she must have been frustrated and fed up after all these decades and her pent up frustration gets released on media or crowds perhaps.

If you watch Rendezvous and other combo interviews of Bachchans you can clearly see how everyone gangs up on Jaya or mocks her or interrupts her or how Amitabh dominates conversations and rest of family is more reserved, compared to him or speaks less when he begins to speak in a louder tone. He is a dominant guy and I sometimes feel in real life he may be same as Abhimaan type character he played in that film, with a dash of Silsila type character if his affairs are anything to go by. 

Jaya was probably more secure when her in laws were alive since they loved and preferred her the most in that family and were main reason to stop Amitabh from leaving Jaya for Rekha. I feel she has become more grumpy and lonely after that pillar of support was gone in that household, because I do not recall seeing any videos of her outbursts at media or fans in public in earlier years. 

I do not like her due to her outbursts, regressive and sexist statements. I cannot understand why she sacrificed it all and did so much for a man who was basically entitled, disloyal and thankless. But I guess she loved him deeply and is an orthodox lady at heart with certain ideas of duty of wife and DIL so she does what she does.  

I just hate media showing them as some ideal family and Bachchan Sr trying to do those traditional family photo shoots showing himself as adarsh Bharatiya purush that he is not. Hypocrite. As much as I like his old films onscreen as an actor or his skill as a host on TV I equally dislike him irl. He is a great actor but a pathetic human being. 

Same pinch. Love the actor, the orator and respect the star in him. But despise the human behind the mask.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I can't help contrasting them to the Dutts. When Nargis married Sunil Dutt she was the bigger star. Later his stardom grew as she voluntarily stepped down. She was tired of working nonstop and being the sole breadwinner. He wanted to have kids immediately and was a patriarchal man of his times.  He was terribly insecure during their one-year courtship period as he was aware of her family's dependence/influence and whether she'd go back to Raj. But  even after their marriage he never took her for granted, always respected her and was always aware of how lucky he was that she fell in love with him.

Edited by capricornrcks - 2 years ago
beena_jon thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

I can't help contrasting them to the Dutts. When Nargis married Sunil Dutt she was the bigger star. Later his stardom grew as she voluntarily stepped down. She was tired of working nonstop and being the sole breadwinner. He wanted to have kids immediately and was a patriarchal man of his times.  He was terribly insecure during their one-year courtship period as he was aware of her family's dependence/influence and whether she'd go back to Raj. But  even after their marriage he never took her for granted, always respected her and was always aware of how lucky he was that she fell in love with him.

sunil dutt is incomparable to AB

atominis thumbnail

I agree. Sunil was a typical patriarchal man. But he was loyal. Damn loyal. He did love Nargis and did a lot to get her treated. He never got over her  loss. He donated to cancer research foundations, raised awareness on cancer, made a whole film in which he recreated his real life - playing a man whose wife is dying of cancer. He never went around having affairs or shamelessly hitting on young girls.

He was decent in politics too and never gave hate speech unlike 1984 tainted Bachchan. He was never involved in scams like Bofors nor defended INC after Bhopal gas leak, Bofors. He rather took peace rallies to Punjab and worked for communal harmony after 1984.

He was no way comparable to Amitabh as a human being. Rather he would have been way more successful if he was born later for he was perfect for angry young man films of 70s and even Salim Javed admitted his character as Birju in Mother India was their inspiration for Vijay in Deewar.

His only weakness is his blind love for his son who he defended way too much all life and who tarnished his image.

Given how decent Sunil was, I sometimes find it hard to believe Sanjay is his son. Sanjay is far cry from the loyal and decent man his dad was. 

Sunil's legacy was marred due to defending controversies of his son in his final years. Otherwise as a human he is head and shoulders above Amitabh. 

beena_jon thumbnail

Given how decent Sunil was, I sometimes find it hard to believe Sanjay is his son. Sanjay is far cry from the loyal and decent man his dad was.  

Agree Disagree Cards by Sheducation | Teachers Pay Teachers