Khushi ke anguthi Ka ghaav

Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

So this is about the engagement track and Arnav's reaction to it. I do not talk about Khushi's revelation, and Arnav's kneejerk reaction to it. But when Arnav gets injured  by the shears, he says a number of things in response to Lavanya's doubts about his love for her. Khushi, of course, is holding his hand. He says "Ankhon mein Dekh Kar San kucch Nahi pata chalta[?] Jaroori Nahi ki Jo cheez dikhe Nahi Woh ho hi Nahi..."

I feel as if he was saying this particular line to Khushi in regard to his affection/love for her. Secondly, when Anjali ponders upon the bechaini of Khushi, he again retorts : "jisse pyaar Nahi Karti, jiske Saath reh Nahi Sakti, Uske Saath Puri Zindagi kaise nibhayegi..."

I feel as if Arnav was always well aware of not only his own feelings but also Khushi's. He ran away from it and lied about it. But, it can't be said that there was a point where he wasn't aware of himself. So when he tells Anjali that he married Khushi only to safeguard her, it is again a white lie

P.S : I remember that there was this one instance where he told Lavanya that he loved her but can't seem to remember the episode. May someone please point it out?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

oh yes yes yes! God I loved that line because it emphasised how much Arnav made an effort to keep himself away from love and especially the senseless, unconditional, that person becomes your everything kind of love that his mother and his sister had for their husbands. He saw the self destructiveness of that love and he was scared of falling more easily a victim to the self destructiveness but he recognised that for Khushi to be truly khush, she wouldn't be able to live with the confusion and what-ifs of love she felt for him. She would need him to be there. I think it was when he least expected, but wanted to believe in so much that he finally heard from Khushi that 'fadq padta hai!" 

Her adamant reply about fadq nahi padta pushed him more in the beginning to terrorise her with more confusion and questions about his acknowledgment of what existed between them!

Bluegrass thumbnail

Originally posted by: dramebaaz.af

oh yes yes yes! God I loved that line because it emphasised how much Arnav made an effort to keep himself away from love and especially the senseless, unconditional, that person becomes your everything kind of love that his mother and his sister had for their husbands. He saw the self destructiveness of that love and he was scared of falling more easily a victim to the self destructiveness but he recognised that for Khushi to be truly khush, she wouldn't be able to live with the confusion and what-ifs of love she felt for him. She would need him to be there. I think it was when he least expected, but wanted to believe in so much that he finally heard from Khushi that 'fadq padta hai!" 

Her adamant reply about fadq nahi padta pushed him more in the beginning to terrorise her with more confusion and questions about his acknowledgment of what existed between them!

Yes, yes. I also noticed that from the very beginning, he couldn't stand it whenever she tried to put any distance between them, be it literal or figuratively. He began to terrorise her with all the "engagement prep" all the whilst he kept behaving with her in the same familiar way, her relationship status, notwithstanding.

dramebaaz.af thumbnail

He also hated it every time she would move away from his touch. I think one of the best things during the engagement reveal track was when she said "aap hamein yeh nahi pehna sakte" and his expression changes to why not we've gone ahead farther then me putting on a ring. Similarly when Shyam manhandles her, and he finds her outside his room's pool during sangeet and his touch gives him pain, he gets offended for a second. 

It's more playful after their wedding when she steps back in moments of intimacy but the consistency of him being offended at her stepping away from his touch is one of the few things which make their relationship perfect

Bluegrass thumbnail

He also hated it every time she would move away from his touch. I think one of the best things during the engagement reveal track was when she said "aap hamein yeh nahi pehna sakte" and his expression changes to why not we've gone ahead farther then me putting on a ring. Similarly when Shyam manhandles her, and he finds her outside his room's pool during sangeet and his touch gives him pain, he gets offended for a second. 

It's more playful after their wedding when she steps back in moments of intimacy but the consistency of him being offended at her stepping away from his touch is one of the few things which make their relationship perfect

Omg yes! I was literally thinking of this! And, this too is established from the very beginning. When she doesn't let him clean the sindoor off her face, or when she was reluctant to get her finger bandaged. There's no way to articulate in English but he always acted with her out of a haq which comes from prolonged trust and intimacy, even when they were engaged to other people.

I think, it was also why it was so easy for him to finally confess his love for her or to trust her love for him during the kidnapping track. Mind you, Khushi, to her mind, hadn't proven her innocence yet. But such a catclisymic event washed away whatever misunderstandings were there between them. And, their love overrode everything else

dramebaaz.af thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bluegrass

Omg yes! I was literally thinking of this! And, this too is established from the very beginning. When she doesn't let him clean the sindoor off her face, or when she was reluctant to get her finger bandaged. There's no way to articulate in English but he always acted with her out of a haq which comes from prolonged trust and intimacy, even when they were engaged to other people.

I think, it was also why it was so easy for him to finally confess his love for her or to trust her love for him during the kidnapping track. Mind you, Khushi, to her mind, hadn't proven her innocence yet. But such a catclisymic event washed away whatever misunderstandings were there between them. And, their love overrode everything else

YES YES YES OHMYGOD The Haq! The unspoken Haq he exercises over her since the very beginning and that's something that's overall and unspoken agreement between the two of them so her pulling away at times pisses him off! 

Along with his acceptance I am reminded of the instances where he says "tumne mujhe batana zaroori nahi samjhaa?" He says after finding out about his engagement and after she reveals about Shyam on their way back to Shantivan. In his mind they've gone past the stages with their touches and haq over each other that they should be coming to each other when there is something controversial going on. It also reinforces that at least Arnav expects Khushi to come to him first. of course Khushi has her reasons of being scared and confused but that expectation he has from her really pulls itself up from the haq they exercise over each other. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Ankhon mein Dekh Kar San kucch Nahi pata chalta[?] Jaroori Nahi ki Jo cheez dikhe Nahi Woh ho hi Nahi..."

This was most definitely for Khushi!!

And the way he reacts and drops the ring when he finds out about Khushi's engagement.. like the ground under him has been taken away from him. (I think Barun Sobti and Sanaya are really good actors, I just love how we can see Barun's emotions on his face, and his pain when he apologises to Khushi when he finds out about his parents.. My God!).

When Arnav's engagement is announced, and he goes to drop off Khushi.... she is literally in tears right infront of him and he can see right through her. 

Though, I felt he was unfair to Lavanya for leading her on. Which is very uncharacteristic of a man who is brutally honest otherwise. Not only Arnav, I feel that Naani, Lavanya, Anjali di.. sort of always knew that Khushi has some kind of a strange effect on Arnav. (I remember Anjali once asked Arnav - tumhe toh kisi se fark nahi padta na? Phir kyun?)

Bluegrass thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Ankhon mein Dekh Kar San kucch Nahi pata chalta[?] Jaroori Nahi ki Jo cheez dikhe Nahi Woh ho hi Nahi..."

This was most definitely for Khushi!!

And the way he reacts and drops the ring when he finds out about Khushi's engagement.. like the ground under him has been taken away from him. (I think Barun Sobti and Sanaya are really good actors, I just love how we can see Barun's emotions on his face, and his pain when he apologises to Khushi when he finds out about his parents.. My God!).

When Arnav's engagement is announced, and he goes to drop off Khushi.... she is literally in tears right infront of him and he can see right through her. 

Though, I felt he was unfair to Lavanya for leading her on. Which is very uncharacteristic of a man who is brutally honest otherwise. Not only Arnav, I feel that Naani, Lavanya, Anjali di.. sort of always knew that Khushi has some kind of a strange effect on Arnav. (I remember Anjali once asked Arnav - tumhe toh kisi se fark nahi padta na? Phir kyun?)

I find it so funny how they made Anjali oblivious to their affection for each other till the  Mehendi. Even when she saw Khushi's impact on him as early as the Kanya Pujan. Thirdly, there was the case of Sangeet. And even before all of that, these two used to device ways to spend time with each other.

I genuinely get so irked at the Lavanya track because how horrible they were to such a lovable character. Hope they had dealt with it sensibly, and she'd stuck around as a family friend. She would have been a great pair with NK, tbh.

Bluegrass thumbnail

YES YES YES OHMYGOD The Haq! The unspoken Haq he exercises over her since the very beginning and that's something that's overall and unspoken agreement between the two of them so her pulling away at times pisses him off! 

Along with his acceptance I am reminded of the instances where he says "tumne mujhe batana zaroori nahi samjhaa?" He says after finding out about his engagement and after she reveals about Shyam on their way back to Shantivan. In his mind they've gone past the stages with their touches and haq over each other that they should be coming to each other when there is something controversial going on. It also reinforces that at least Arnav expects Khushi to come to him first. of course Khushi has her reasons of being scared and confused but that expectation he has from her really pulls itself up from the haq they exercise over each other. 

Oh yep. Khushi also felt obliged to tell him significant things till she had to hide the most important one.

The way she informed her ex-boss that she's leaving for Lucknow always cracks me up. Then, Arnav woke up in the middle of the night shouting for an ex-employee. Yet again, he felt so petulant enough to ask :"Tumne toh Kaha tha tum jaa rahi ho, Kabhi wapas Nahi aaogi?"

Dude, let's be honest, you're haywire with your emotions for her, and you know it.