Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pratts thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Look who's talking.  Because it is about health I will not say much but its okay when he has to announce to the world Robert De Niro calls to check up on his wife.  Why do we need to know who calls and why is Robert calling such a big deal.  It's okay when he uses the opportunity for his publicity but no one else should say anything.  Has always been an iffy character šŸ¤¢  

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

So itā€™s safe to get Covid-19 vaccination while suffering from blood cancer?

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hellooo Pot I'm Kettle 

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Yeah what's up with that! 

TotalBetty thumbnail

Anyway wish her a speedy recovery

Not a good time to fall sick (Not that thereā€™s any good time to get cancer)

But at least sheā€™s getting treated... In the early days heart, cancer and other patients couldnā€™t get treatment, donā€™t know how many went undetected... Anyway I digress...

TotalBetty thumbnail

But even in the early days of quarantine last year when rules where strict and common people couldnā€™t get treatment for anything, all the TV journalists, reporters, news readers faces never missed a single ā€˜treatmentā€™...  Donā€™t know how...

Anyway I digress again...

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

I love Kiron Kher..ā¤ļø I hope she gets out of it and shines like she always does..

I know journalists can be insensitive......but Anupam Kher should be the last one to complain.....I mean in the middle of the pandemic....with people suffering and dying...he smugly announced...aayega toh Modi he.....how was that a sensitive thing?? ye sab ek thaili ke chtte batte hainšŸ¤¢

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

It's safe.  The question is how effective it is with a weakened immune system. 

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatments-and-side-effects/physical-side-effects/low-blood-counts/infections/covid-19-vaccines-in-people-with-cancer.html

The initial studies testing the COVID-19 vaccines did not include people getting treatment with drugs that suppress the immune system, like chemo, or people who have weakened immune systems for other reasons. This is because the studies needed to see first if the vaccines work in people with healthy immune systems. Because of this, itā€™s not yet clear how effective the vaccines might be in these groups of people.

Although we donā€™t have specific information yet on how effective the vaccines might be in people being treated for cancer, itā€™s possible that the vaccines might not be as effective in people with weakened immune systems as compared to people with healthy immune systems. Despite this, experts still recommend that most cancer patients get the vaccine because those with a fragile immune system are at risk for severe COVID-19 disease, so getting even some protection from the vaccine is better than not having any protection.

TotalBetty thumbnail

Does the vaccination itself weakens people who are already susceptible due to old age etc.

Recently 79 yr composer Laxman died after he developed weakness after getting second dose of Covid vaccine...