ShiVi: Chemistry, Intensity & Timing

Raingoddess thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I think one of the biggest issues right now is the timeline. It’s only been a week but watching the show makes it seems like it’s been weeks. Dev & Raavi behaving so normally around each other just seems off. I understand they grew up together but what happened at the mandap was no joke. I even understand Raavi trying to move on but it’s happening too quickly (as per show timeline). I think that is also affecting ShiVi, almost making their love story too easy and convenient (for the sake of family, for the sake of Dhara, etc...)

I know we can’t discuss other shows so I’ll give vague examples. There are two shows from the ones I’ve watched where the FL gets married to the ML despite having something spark with a bro or cousin. In the first case, it was pretty clear only the bro liked her. The FL just saw him as a friend and all her anger, hatred and emotions were for the ML. So once they got married, there was no moving on to do (except for the bro who did so gracefully). 

The second example showed the FL having feelings for the ML’s cousin. She met him first and they dated for a short period of time. She did believe herself to feel something similar to love for him but there was no intensity. They were to be married and things changed the last minute. She was hurt but there was a process to her moving on. Throughout, it became clear that she didn’t truly love him. There was no question of loving the ML during that journey and they didn’t share much nok jhoks. The ML was more of a friend & silent lover. 

But in the case of PS, Raavi has had feelings for Dev for 10 years. Yes we may call it infatuation, mild obsession, etc... but for her it was strong enough where she wanted to marry him. And strong enough where she completely overlooked the sparks between her & Shiva all these years. In the pre-wedding scenes, we see only Shiva being affected (mostly). All this was very real for Raavi. 

Therefore, the moving on process will take time. Healing will take time. And I’m sure even on the show, she has a long way to go. They just wanted to snap her out of her pity which is understandable. The problem is her and Dev not coming face to face & the scenes following her realization. I wish they showed Raavi faltering at times and trying to catch herself. For her to feel awkward and to recall old memories (I know it’s only been a week but this needs to come before things become closer to “normal” for her and Dev. I don’t see it happening in the coming episodes). There was the brief ointment scene but that’s it. Instead the two are present in family scenes & are expected to behave normally. The days are dragging on and by the time they address all this, will it even matter? The tension post the wedding & kidnap drama is coming down. And it’s only been a week in their time. The more they normalize their relationship, the less impactful a future confrontation or even conversation will be.

Coming to ShiVi, there are a few external factors that add complexity to their relationship. One being Raavi’s feelings for Dev. By making it appear as if it was never that important in the first place, they are stripping a layer & discarding it when it could have added so much substance & emotion to the story. Like that small scene of Shiva looking at the gift meant for Dev. It was so so beautiful smiley42 Timing is super important and if they keep dragging, by the time they bring all this back, it really won’t matter as much (at least to us). 

Another layer of complexity is Maami. Yes, she just came to the haveli but they need to bring her and Shiva face to face. Raavi’s association with Maami impacts her equation with Shiva & evokes strong emotions from him. I feel like a part of him feels guilty for having such strong feelings for MaamiKiBehenKiBeti. Feelings that don’t go away. Case in point, that scene where he hugs Dhara and feels bad he couldn’t protect her. His emotions were intensified post seeing Raavi. The longer they wait and drag, the more chances they miss. 

Of course the meatiest part of their story is their childhood and I strongly believe Shiva has had feelings for Raavi since a very long time. If they settle for the two falling in love just because they are married with little or no reference to the past, the writers will be losing one hell of a story, one with immense potential. 

Super long post but I honestly feel like the spark between ShiVi (as mentioned by other members as well) is losing its strength and while the actors have chemistry, it’s not being fully utilized on screen. Covid has affected so much but I see no reason for not writing a better story (given the wonderful cast and location). The tension and electrifying energy between the two is coming down and it’s very evident. Tbh, I don’t want them to fall in love anytime soon. There are so many other emotions to explore. I know most of this was already discussed but I wanted to put forth some recent observations. Once that tension and intensity is gone, it honestly doesn’t come back no matter how much the writers and actors try. It’ll be a shame if that’s what happens here. Anyway not a very well articulated post since it’s super early here & I’m super tired smiley36 haha but hope it makes sense. smiley27

*Reposted from EDT*

Edited by Raingoddess - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swathu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wonderful analysis👍🏼

hedwig_potter thumbnail

Its like the fire of slow burn, is in the process dying day by day. Someone needs to add fuel to it so it keeps burning slowly for a long time.

*I am in a state where I am half-asleep so I apologize for the crap I have written*

AlterEgo27 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Agree with you whole heartedly. And you have written so beautifully what I was feeling and not able to express in words. Even I feel the same. Nowadays the Shivi scenes are also feeling forced to me. Like they have to include a 2 min scene of them as a bait to keep us on hook. And they don't feel as good as the previous ones. I would rather they take it slow and meaningful so they have a beautiful relationship at the end of it rather than have some scenes just for the sake of trp.

Edited by Honey272 - 2 years ago
mahajanaish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

That's why I had started the poll on how to inform the makers about it . But most ppl chose the option of leaving it upto the makers ... God if makers had sense we would not have been discussing this only . They are just moving the timeline so slow and so uselessly that ppl will forget what the original characters were like . Moving it that slow is making it less and less relatable for me and in essence will only make me lose interest in the whole story . Guys please don't just talk about it , do something about it . DM the makers , spam the cast and crew . Trend on twitter , anything because they since they have a consistent trp they are probably under the impression that ppl are liking it ... They are just actually losing their audience for future . Let's do something about it . 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5228213

Edited by mahajanaish - 2 years ago
SanayaK thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

So true....definitely timeline is the major issue here !!! and i think the reason for this is they want to bring in Dhara pregnancy track after she has been kicked out of the house by Suman.

In fact if you look carefully, its been just 15-20 days since they started the leap.

See, the 1st day of leap was the day they got their store back and released it of all debts. and the anniversary party

2nd day of leap, Suman leaves for some trip of 3 days. then was the neighbors godh-bharai, where Dhara was humiliated by Mami. the same night Gombi and HArdik get drunk, Gombi returns home and he talks to dhara about their decision of not having thier own kids. Dhara tell him that she had told him long back that a time will come when they will be free of all responsibilities and they will live for each other, do something for each other. Gombi says that time has come. and they get intimate.

3rd day of leap, Dhara questions Dev on his opinion about Raavi. He says in general that she is nice girl. thats when Dhara is sure that 'R' calling on Dev's phone must be Raavi and she deduces that Dev is in love with Raavi, she runs to Gombi and tells him that now our family is going to expand. Gombi asks her itni jaldi pata chal jata hai. She says she is talking about Dev's wife's addition to thier family and not thier child.

6th day of leap Suman is back and same day mama convinces her for dev-raavi wedding. the priest tells them mahurat is of 3 days from now. 

9th or 10th day of leap wedding happens

and right now its not more than 6-7 days since the wedding.....correct?

So I'm just guessing that Dhara might have conceived and will get to know soon.

what say guys???????

Ishithabhalla thumbnail

But in original version they used them just for the sake of trp. Hope in this they give them some meaningful scenes.

Kjofan thumbnail

I too agree on this. 

Also i hate how they show Shivi in a friendly way these days. Like normal couples. The nok jhok and all shud have taken a little more time. 

I knw they've had it even b4 wedding, but still. 

In an attempt to focus more on family and other couples, im worried if cvs will ruin Shivi. 

Kjofan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ishithabhalla

But in original version they used them just for the sake of trp. Hope in this they give them some meaningful scenes.

I feel here also makers doing the same. 

Are they following the original by all means pr any differences? 

I wanna know the stry, but too lazy to sit and watch. 

Also i dont knw the language and theres no subtitles. I saw it reached many episodes. 

If it was some 100 below still i cud have watched.. Lol 

Ishithabhalla thumbnail

It has a vast differences only some plot they are taking it & using in their own way