Shivi os : Kites

xerxes12 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

ShiVi Os : Kites

The resplendent summer season had set in, so had its pleasing influences on chirping birds, blooming colourful flowers and benign evening breezes from the sea coast.

Admist of all these we, the Pandya family summoned on the terrace of the giant haveli, which offers not only a splendid panaroma of the sea but also the cooling effects following a hot and humid day . A large wooden plank was embossed with words " Kite Flying Competition" was hung with the support of clothesline, indicating the event of the day.

Makar Sankranti had long gone .The occasion was a challenge I had thrown after Shiva had proudly boasted about his records of consequent victories for decade in kite flying. He had taunted me that I could think of nothing adventurous but blabbering stupid all day had resulted into this.

It was one of those pleasing evening and darkness hadn't hovered yet in the sky.

He teamed up with his brothers and I did with their ladies and further arguments amongst team members had turned it into a ' who is the best? Boys or Girls' challenge. It was inevitable though.

Since I and Shiva was the leader we would be handling our respective strings.Dev would be handling the thread loop for shiva and Rishita was employed for the same to for me. Dhara di had agreed to be my advisor and Gombi had assured to shiva about his tricks and techniques to be better than Dhara di. Krish being the youngest, grabbed the seat of the umpire and also took the responsibility of the background music.

After an indefinite number of battle cries, victory slogans, smirks and taunts we finally took our position with kites. I took a bright yellow one and he chose the red.

Krish blew the whistle and played 'Aa dekhe zara' song in the speaker. We both slowly released our kites along the course of wind. I quickly took control of strings and led it soar high in the blue yonder across the sea beach behind the haveli.

I looked at Shiva. He confidently pointed to his red square which looked like a tiny bird against the horizon. Dev was unreeling his thread continuously and his kite was going higher.

"Dhyan se Raavi. Jyada mat dheel de " Dhara di squealed and I strained the thread instantly.

Whole atmosphere reverberated with claps and cheers.

After a good fifteen minutes I found Shiva visibly panicked at his loosing control. The wind blew his kite towards me and it got tangled with mine. I soon pulled my string swiftly and in next moment his kite was celebrating its freedom leaving behind the thread to him. I Squealed with joy as Dhara di and Rishita hugged me proudly, they were cheering for me.

"Arey yaar" Gombi and Dev sighed together in disappointment as we watched Shiva's kite descending gradually to beach arena.

I immediately felt lack of force in my fist as I saw my kite flailing in the sky and met the same fate that of his. I realised in the process of cutting his string I cut mine as well.

"Ittni bhi jaldi kya hai maami ki behen ki beti " Shiva smirked pacing backwards and quickly jumped out through the exit of terrace.

I saw him confused and Dhara di boomed out with wide eyes "bhaag Raavi . Jo apni patang pehle khoj ke layega woi jeetega".

I strode out to follow Shiva. He was a few stair steps away from me. He was jumping faster with two steps at a time and I rushed behind him till the mid way to the floor.

I halted for breath and looked for Shiva who had disappeared all of a sudden.

I tossed my heels in air as it was impeding my speed and resumed the chase.

Running past the garden I reached to the back of haveli , the beach. I turned around my gaze scrounging for any life. But it was empty. Neither Shiva nor any kite had appeared in my vision.

All I could see was the carpet of flax gold sand merging with acetylene blue water and its vastness ending in the horizon, knitted with skyline.

Panting heavily I bent down resting my palm on my knees to relax my tired muscles. I closed my eyes as the sea breeze glided upon my face, evaporating the sudors that had moistened my face.

The cool air soothed my mind and I almost forgot about the kites.

" itne mein halat kharab ho gyi chipkali?" A familiar voice hit my ear drum and fetched me into my senses.

I opened my eyes and found Shiva grinning at me. He seemed relaxed, standing with his hands against his waist as if not had been into the race few minutes back.

" Tu seedha upar se kud gya tha kya? Itni jaldi kaise pahucha?" I erected still huffing.

" kachhuye jaise chalegi toh kaha se jaldi pahuchegi?" his words made me frowned at him.

Before I could retaliate he indicated to his right where both the kites were fluttering over sand.

He started running to them and I paced up along him leaving behind our footsteps deep in the sand.

My feet sank into the soft sand giving me a grainy feel beneath. We were few inches apart when I advanced my hand and hooked my fingers around the neck of his shirt. All thanks to his habit of wearing unbuttoned shirt, he quickly shed off his shirt and I fall off balance.

I tripped forward and catch hold of his jeans making him stumbled along me.

I crawled to him and sat upon him.

Leaning over him I pressed on his stiff shoulder seized him in the spot but couldn't maintain the hold longer when his hands grabbed my arms and turned himself over me and fixing me against the flossy sand.

I tussled inside his trap wriggling my bare arms over the sand.

Rock grains from his hair were dripping on my face and made me blind for the moment and I shut my eyes.

He was stronger with his power. I felt exhausted from all the gruesome efforts and stopped struggling for escape.

I opened my eyes only to meet his. He looked pretty handsome in the ruddiness of evening radiance.

We were gasping for air and my mind was more interested in unfolding this sudden beauty.

His features had always been of a bhootnath to me. The stinky, untidy and unapologetic Shiva Pandya. I had neved cared to think beyond it. Today he looked innocent and surprisingly charming too.

He winked at me and I felt stupid of myself to think like this for him. He was the biggest enemy to me afterall. I dipped my hand into the sand before picking up a fistful of it and throwing it over his face.

His grip loosened. "Ae gadhedi tu ruk tujhe batata hoon ajj" he yelled, attempted to grab me with his blind vision.

I laughed at his helpless situation and pushed him and ran away. I reached to the kites and picked both of them. I knew he would never fail to reach earlier if I led him his kite.

I turned to run for the Haveli but he had blocked my path wriggling his eyebrows cunningly.

He progressed towards me and I galloped away from him to reach the margin of confluence of the shore and the sea. He sped up and I went down in the water till he caught me. I realised we were inside the water upto my waist dipped.

He effortlessly snatched the kites from me and rose his arm higher above his head. I sprung few times to reach them but his height turned into a boon for him.

"Mujhe mere patang de shiva. Main pehle pahuchi thi " I screamed and grabbed the strap of his black vest which had perfectly clung to his muscles and tried to bend him down.

"De naa " I begged with cow eyes as he smiled wickedly before he released both the kites off his grip. They sailed along the pulse of water. I moved to catch the kites only to be pulled and thrust against his chest. He embraced his arms around my waist. I felt nervous and freed my hold as he brought his face to me. Before I responded with anything he descended upon me and I felt his lips on me. They were sand filled and the grains rendered a prickly sensation inside my lips. I slowly buried my fingers into his thick hair as he tilted his head more to get whole of me. He smelled of salt mixed with sea weeds. His hands slowly rubbed my arms up to my bare shoulder. Our nose brushed with wobbly trails of kisses.

The waves were hitting us washing our sand drenched body and humming of sea only amplifed our moans.

The sun had fallen down to the horizon witnessing our most memorable chase. The chase of dominance.

We parted away frantically. We needed air. I lowered my gaze in embarrassment. Our silence was breached by snoozing of waves. I did not dare to look up till water splashed on me. Shiva had plunged into the cold water.

I dragged him waddling to the shore. It took few slaps to revive him into his senses. The darkness loomed upon the sky. We quietly entered into the Haveli. Drenched into the salty water we stood amongst the pandyas with every pair of eyes scrutinizing us from top to bottom.

"Kaun jeeta?" Asked Dhara di to which we silently pointed to each other.

Whole family fell into pindrop silence before bursting into laughter.

Hey all!

Hope you all are safe and healthy.

I have been a silent wanderer of this forum. I love this pandya family and their bonding with each other also loved the growing chemistry between Shiva and Raavi. I had written this long back in IB forum and after the episode where Raavi noticed a laughing shiva differently, I thought to recreate this for shivi.

Hope you liked it. 😃 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SlytherInMe thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

ahhh loved this concept and it wrote it so beautifully 

you have a gift for wiring please don't be silent and post many many more stories!

this was simple and sweet with a touch of passion and overall just AMAZING

TunesOfHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Such a cute story!! 

Loved reading it!! ❤️

ananyakhetarpal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Thank you for sharing this with us! In true Shivi fashion, competition led to romance 😆 

Hope you write more 🤗

xerxes12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SlytherInMe.

ahhh loved this concept and it wrote it so beautifully 

you have a gift for wiring please don't be silent and post many many more stories!

this was simple and sweet with a touch of passion and overall just AMAZING

Thankyou so much🤗

xerxes12 thumbnail

Thankyou🤗

xerxes12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TunesOfHeart

Such a cute story!! 

Loved reading it!! ❤️

Thankyou so much🤗

xerxes12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ananyakhetarpal

Thank you for sharing this with us! In true Shivi fashion, competition led to romance 😆 

Hope you write more 🤗

Thankyou🤗

DesiiiiGirllll thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

This was so beautiful ❤️

hedwig_potter thumbnail

whoaa!! so beautiful!😳😳

I have some special kind of attachment with kites (though I can't fly one myself) so I really enjoyed this one a lot.☺️

Loved your writing style❤️👍🏼