Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: kooki07

its just the start yet

It could be the start yet but honestly Rohit was right! She knew what she was signing up for. She knew the show’s format. I am glad she is out of the show. Considering the efforts others have put in, she doesn’t deserve to be in the show. It’s the start of the show for them as well. That doesn’t stop them from trying. She doesn’t even bother to make a sincere attempt. 

priya185 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

I don't agree with the bolded. Rohit praised Shantanu the most throughout the season. There was that one stunt where they had to balance themselves across 4 really tall poles and Shantanu was the only one able to complete it. Throughout Rohit was praising him and encouraging him and comparing him to the others who couldn't complete it. Then there was that electric shock with the weird design with the pole stunt. Shantanu got the farthest. Even there Rohit clearly mentioned that Shantanu made a record there by getting the farthest of any season.

I think Rohit actually brought more credibility to the show. Yes, he supports the entertainment factor, but I trust him when he says x person did better than y person. And every season of his a deserving contestant has won. Yes the entertainment factor gets to the end, but at the end of the day, Rohit only supports true stars of stunts and only the right contestant wins. Akshay's seasons it wasn't like that. And I didn't see the other two seasons (Arjun and Priyanka) so can't comment on those.

How was Akshay as a host I do not remember. Was he unfair?

Arjun was boring, he made it a team game 

Edited by priya185 - 2 years ago
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

How was Akshay as a host I do not remember. Was he unfair?

Arjun was boring, he made it a team game 

Akshay could get very biased at times. He was fair in general, but he would be nicer to those contestants that he supported and at times I felt like he was lying about their time or the number of flags they collected. Also everyone did the same stunt during his season, so by the time you got to the 4th or 5th contestant, they had learnt from the first few. So one thing I noticed is that he would put those he favoured at the end of the line-up so that they knew exactly how to do the stunt well.

I watched the first 5 minutes of both Arjun and Priyanka's seasons. Found them both boring as hosts so didn't even bother to watch more than that. Which was sad because both seasons had some really interesting contestants.

Edited by Minionite - 2 years ago
priya185 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

Akshay could get very biased at times. He was fair in general, but he would be nicer to those contestants that he supported and at times I felt like he was lying about their time or the number of flags they collected. Also everyone did the same stunt during his season, so by the time you got to the 4th or 5th contestant, they had learnt from the first few. So one thing I noticed is that he would put those he favoured at the end of the line-up so that they knew exactly how to do the stunt well.

I watched the first 5 minutes of both Arjun and Priyanka's seasons. Found them both boring as hosts so didn't even bother to watch more than that. Which was sad because both seasons had some really interesting contestants.

if everyone does the same stunt it must get boring for the viewers too 

how did you know he lied about flags. that is very dodgy and uncalled for, if he was like that then good that he is not hosting 

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

if everyone does the same stunt it must get boring for the viewers too 

how did you know he lied about flags. that is very dodgy and uncalled for, if he was like that then good that he is not hosting 

Yep that too. And usually only the bottom 2 to 4 would make it to the elimination stunt. I do have to say when Akshay was host, the wildcards were chosen fairly. All the past contestants would be brought back. They would participate in one or two stunts. And the winner would become the wildcard entry. Not like Rohit, who just calls anyone back. I still remember the season Carol Gracias participated in. She came third. She got out and two episodes later they had a WC round. She won it fair and square which made her return that much easier to digest. Akshay only hosted three seasons, but apart from the first one, I didn't feel he was fair in the second or fourth season. Both Anushka and Aarti's wins seemed too....too scripted. There were far better contestants who came second and third and were even eliminated in the finale who would have seemed more "real". It's like a KP winning over KT or Hina winning over Shantanu or even a Nia winning over Shantanu.

Sometimes when they showed the stunt, if you paused at the right time you could count the number of flags left hanging. And somehow for those exact people, the flags just wouldn't add up. For example, think about this ball stunt today. I remember a similar stunt on a straight net. They told us there were 20 flags on the net. When I paused after the person fell in the water, I could count 12 flags still on the net. But when Akshay announced the results later, he said that the person collected 10 flags. Either there were 22 flags on the net, I counted wrong, or Akshay is lying.

Also because everyone did only one stunt, usually the stunts were quick so they showed the whole thing. If you were really in the mood, you could time the contestants and sometimes the timing just seemed off. I remember this one stunt left a very sour taste in my mouth. I can't remember the exact contestants or the exact stunt, but the winner supposedly finished the stunt in 30 something seconds. But when I checked the timing on the place I was watching it from, that person's stunt was almost 2 minutes long. So either they stretched out this person's stunt or 30 seconds was a lie.

Edited by Minionite - 2 years ago
Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Shantanu was the best. Won only based on performance 🥳

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Y12345

Shantanu was the best. Won only based on performance 🥳

I think Puneet also 

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

punnet was favoured a lot which put me of Aditya was a true winer by looking at his all perfumes at the end it was luck .

RockingSunny thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: kooki07

punnet was favoured a lot which put me of Aditya was a true winer by looking at his all perfumes at the end it was luck .

I disagree here puneet was never favoured by rohit. He did some of the very tough stunts and even he got fear fanda sometimes. If anyone was favoured then it was bharti and harsh

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

barti and harsh were there fo r the entertainment