Short Stories: Trial by fire (Part 4, A& B - End, Pg 5 Updated: 30.5)

Viewpoint thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hello ladies (and if there are guys here).

I often do a bit of writing for myself and I’d like to share a snippet of what I think may have been the underlying emotions and thoughts in Pallavi and Raghav’s heart and mind when the showdown happened. We often get to see their actions but we never get a glimpse of their thoughts. This short series is dedicated to inner feelings and what I envision in a real setting if such a circumstance ever arrived. 

Ps: work takes up 12 hours of my day, so I’m slow. Bear with me, if you wish to read more. I’ll be updating every weekend, and on better days, during the week. 

Part 1: The inferno 

I walk on the empty streets under the moonlight, yet it seems that darkness has consumed my inner light, extinguishing every sense of life I had left in me. My own have shunned me mercilessly, a fate even a rag doll is not subject to no matter how useless it may be. It pains me that it took only a moment to undo good deeds, forget the trust and promise of love. All for a strangers false allegations. A stranger I foolishly came to trust as a special friend, albeit him being slightly strange and at times obnoxious. I berate myself for ever crossing paths with this monster. 

My feet carry me down a road I’ve never treaded on before. I’m cold and I’m scared. The strong winds threaten to uproot me from the face of this existence, just as easily as I was pushed out of a place I called home. With a future so bleak, and a past so daunting, I don’t see the light from any corner of this testing night. I am angry and I’m also hurting, but I surprisingly find myself walking.

.............................~............................~.................

I walk away after exacting my revenge on the one woman I finally came to respect and secretly cherish. Her seemingly innocent eyes have been imprinted in the darkest corner of my heart, for I know, every word I said was untrue. Her pristine character shines through her bright eyes, and I can say that even with closed eyes. 

But, I know she deserves all the hurt and pain for what she did to my own. I cannot ever forgive her for paining my mother and sister in the most vicious way. I did not expect this from a woman who honors her character so dearly. A woman’s vengeance and the level she can stoop to still daunts me, even after all these years. She has paid for her sins and that’s a soothing balm to my tainted world. I’ve avenged my loved ones; I’ve avenged myself. I have put an end to what may have been with her. 

......................~.........................~.......................

My eyes know not how to cry, my tears all dry. I look around the place. Deserted leaves and twigs shaken off as if they were never part of the glorious standing trees. I chuckle, for I need to meet him once more...one last time! 

An angry twig comes crashing on my forehead, leaving behind a bloody cut. 

“A storm is coming”, I hear myself say as I look up at the thundering sky. 

........................~......................~............................

I drive away on the empty streets, the night sky clad with beautiful moonlight. Yet it seems, darkness has consumed my being. The winds threaten to derail me and a strange pang seeps into my heart. I cannot decipher it. Why am I hurting? Why can’t I get her off my mind? Her shattered spirit is haunting me.....I wish to see her once more, one last time. 

An angry twig comes crashing on my forehead, leaving behind a bloody cut. 

“A storm is coming”, I hear Farhad say as the restrained skies finally let out an anguished cry. 

.........................~.................~..........................

That’s all for today. Thank you for reading, if you managed to read till the end 😛

Part 2: Who gave this soul to me? Page 2. 

Part 3: Unfold your own myth. Page 4

Part 4  A & B (End) : A Secret Turning in us - Page 5. 

Edited by Viewpoint - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xerxes12 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Woah! What a beautiful style you write in❤️. Such a wonderful piece..as if stolen from their respective diaries which is forbidden to touch for others.

You should make a series of this.. writing their insides.

Keep writing👏

Bee222 thumbnail

Wow!! The way you write is so beautiful and poetic 😍😍 I feel like you're one of those people who can make even grocery lists sound interesting 

I'm waiting to see this continued, but please take your time 🤗

Viewpoint thumbnail

Thank you so much for the appreciation! I was a bit reluctant but I’m feeling encouraged now. Thanks a lot 😊

Originally posted by: xerxes12

Woah! What a beautiful style you write in❤️. Such a wonderful piece..as if stolen from their respective diaries which is forbidden to touch for others.

You should make a series of this.. writing their

insides.

Keep writing👏

Viewpoint thumbnail

Thanks a lot 😊 I love poetry 😍

Grocery list - I try but it’s so unromantic, the only feeling I get for that is gluttony 😆

I’ve got full series panned out in my mind, with a sequel, will definitely try to post once a week. 

[ QUOTE=Bee222]

Wow!! The way you write is so beautiful and poetic 😍😍 I feel like you're one of those people who can make even grocery lists sound interesting 

I'm waiting to see this continued, but please take your time 🤗

[/QUOTE]

cozy_vibes thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I really loved your writing style its somewhat like diary.. really loved it
Avneel07 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Too good. Keep writing more whenever u have time. Continue soon with this

Bee222 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viewpoint

Thanks a lot 😊 I love poetry 😍

Grocery list - I try but it’s so unromantic, the only feeling I get for that is gluttony 😆

I’ve got full series panned out in my mind, with a sequel, will definitely try to post once a week.

I love poetry too! ❤️

Can relate to the gluttony 🤭😆

Oh, a series and a sequel, looking forward to it! 😊

dhun.laagi thumbnail

This is such an awesome start!! 👏

You are hella talented!! 👍🏼

Sounds interesting!! ❤️

Please continue soon 🤗

Keep writing!!😳

ReemShah thumbnail
Most Comments (June 2021) 1 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

It's basically like peeping into their thoughts at the exact moment the event was happening-- the pain they were feeling, the betrayal they got and the storm rising inside them.

I also loved how you drew a parallel between their thoughts, actions and words.

and it is amazing that you are able to put you thoughts down into the paper or laptop or wherever you write so beautifully, you are a crazily talented and gifted person