Did anyone empathize with Adah Sharma's character in Hasee to Phasee?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

I mean, she wasn't the ideal girlfriend. but did she deserve to have her boyfriend of 7 years and sister go behind her back and break her wedding at the last moment?

I don't know, I felt bad for her. True, she was irritating and controlling, and the love story between Siddharth and Parineeti is much more convincing.

But did anyone spare a thought for her?

Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

She was damn annoying for the whole while, but I don't really blame her. Her sister almost killed her dad, obviously she is going to hate her. Her other sister's husband is looked down in the family and she wouldn't want that for her own hubby, so she was nagging Nikhil to do something with his life, just becuase she wanted to prove to her father that she hasn't chosen a wrong guy for herself.

Yes, she lacked empathy in the whole duration of the movie, but when she read the texts and the bubble broke, she accepted that she was a bit toxic and their relationship was flawed, a relationship that wouldn't have made a health marriage. 

Her letting go Nikhil is a beautiful scene and Manchala just adds to the sadness of it.

One of Adaa's best characters🤩

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Well. I did feel a little bad for her.

But sometimes people do stay in a relationship out of habit rather than out of love. The length of a relationship doesn't necessarily define how deep it is. From the film, it was pretty obvious that Adah and Sid's characters were together for so long, not because they really understood/loved each other, but more because both of their families and they themselves had gotten used to eachother and probably didn't want the inconvenience of a breakup or the unnecessary stress of it. Sad reality of life is that many couples in real life are also just like Adah and sid's character- not perfect and no longer that much in love with each other, but hey, who is gonna take the trouble of a breakup now? In such cases, we can't just point out at the length of a relationship and claim that it means a lot to either party.

Nikhil found a way better match in Meeta, and had a visibly stronger connection with her despite knowing her for far less time than Adah's character.

Adah's breakdown when she reads Nikhil's text to Meeta still makes sense though. No matter how imperfect a relationship is, it is never easy to learn that your partner is cheating/loves someone else. Especially if you have dated that person for so long. However, she took the relationship for granted and did not give the relationship the kind of support, understanding, love and nurture that it needed.

Edited by FilmiDhun - 2 years ago

I didnt even notice her lol