Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sree0796 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Metamorphosis

I haven't followed the show in a long time but this post reminds me what extinguished my interest in this serial. It's the repeated foolishness that Indian TV has churned out for time immemorial and it continues to do. The characters have become dull and irritating, and the show refuses to acknowledge this basic flaw. Though I never followed it, but nowadays Ahilya resembles too much with Balika Vadhu. This kitchen politics was the reason I end up resenting these show (regular or historical) and this show is no different. 

I mean, this is a show about a queen that broke the societal norms centuries ago and all it's been reduced to is the random family drama. 👎👎 

True💯

It has been such a long time since we got good historical content, I think the last show that was good enough was Peshwa Bajirao, although that show also had a messed up ending. 

I feel, in Indian Television makers forget that human beings are supposed to be flawed. The demi-god/godess kinda portrayal of protagonists diminishes the plotline. It's basic human nature to make mistakes and learn from those mistakes, that's why I liked the track of Ahilya running away from palace, that track showed that Ahilya is still an immature village girl who needs a lot to learn.

But the current tracks shows Ahilya as someone who never commits any mistake. If there is a difference in opinion between ahilya and some other character, it's shown like that character always is in the wrong. I hope that makers change that.

Wish that the makers show a proper journey of Ahilya from a naive village girl to a mature and beloved Rani by showing all her mistakes and what she learnt from those mistakes.

Edited by Sree0796 - 3 years ago
u4tlu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sree0796

True💯

It has been such a long time since we got good historical content, I think the last show that was good enough was Peshwa Bajirao, although that show also had a messed up ending. 

I feel, in Indian Television makers forget that human beings are supposed to be flawed. The demi-god/godess kinda portrayal of protagonists diminishes the plotline. It's basic human nature to make mistakes and learn from those mistakes, that's why I liked the track of Ahilya running away from palace, that track showed that Ahilya is still an immature village girl who needs a lot to learn.

But the current tracks shows Ahilya as someone who never commits any mistake. If there is a difference in opinion between ahilya and some other character, it's shown like that character always is in the wrong. I hope that makers change that.

Wish that the makers show a proper journey of Ahilya from a naive village girl to a mature and beloved Rani by showing all her mistakes and what she learnt from those mistakes.

Accirding to cvs everything Ahilya does is right. She is fully “developed” as of now. Every person who is not supporting her is bad Gautama leading the “way”. Anything that “hurts” others is bad. We need to have sympathy and empathy. But here Renus own parents are shown as villain to glorify Ahilya. Gautama is eternal villain in the show in Ahilyas  struggle for education. But her adamant nature and arguing butting into affairs of durbar without being asked are all shown as great qualities. She is supposed to be dishing out gyan which she apparently got from her father is so irritating.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

They just ruined a perfectly good show.. not at all surprised but Sony is known for interesting shows which have limited time and are paced and not so diluted. This is everything opposite to it. :( 

HeirofSharingan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DelusionsOfNeha

They just ruined a perfectly good show.. not at all surprised but Sony is known for interesting shows which have limited time and are paced and not so diluted. This is everything opposite to it. :( 

Jeez, thank goodness I'm not the only one who thought the show was going to the dogs. Though I wonder if what they're doing has something to do with the recent Covid situation in the county because maybe the show-runners don't have enough time and they're working on short notice and that's affecting over all quality of the show? Read today that some show on Sony TV is going to shut down because of this. 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: u4tlu

Accirding to cvs everything Ahilya does is right. She is fully “developed” as of now. Every person who is not supporting her is bad Gautama leading the “way”. Anything that “hurts” others is bad. We need to have sympathy and empathy. But here Renus own parents are shown as villain to glorify Ahilya. Gautama is eternal villain in the show in Ahilyas  struggle for education. But her adamant nature and arguing butting into affairs of durbar without being asked are all shown as great qualities. She is supposed to be dishing out gyan which she apparently got from her father is so irritating.

+1000 Waise hi, was skeptical as to how Ahilya even obtained her education but just grabbing onto the textbooks & not informing even Malharao about this was quite immature. Also, the guy who Ahilya was unable to report from yesterday's scene when she saw 3 guys plotting  --- it looked highly comedic & like a joke. It took no time for Malharao to come but the ladies came much later. What about others? Could they not hear her screaming?🤢 

u4tlu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Myrah_2020

+1000 Waise hi, was skeptical as to how Ahilya even obtained her education but just grabbing onto the textbooks & not informing even Malharao about this was quite immature. Also, the guy who Ahilya was unable to report from yesterday's scene when she saw 3 guys plotting  --- it looked highly comedic & like a joke. It took no time for Malharao to come but the ladies came much later. What about others? Could they not hear her screaming?🤢 

Yes the textbook incident did seem a bit coincidental that Ahilya told no one. So she the Puja herself. What problem has Gautama with that? She is blaming Ahilya for trying to usurp Khanderaos place . And for trying to be his equal. As such Ahilya is a kid and why would try to do that? Gautama is against Ahilya no matter what and the is a bit weird. 

Manoyana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: u4tlu

Gautama is irritating but which other Rani should be promoted. Seniority wise Dwaraka is the next candidate . All hell. will break loose

true they all have their downs ....Malhar hasn’t been very good at choosing his brides, has he now! 🤣🤣🤣

u4tlu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Manoyana

true they all have their downs ....Malhar hasn’t been very good at choosing his brides, has he now! 🤣🤣🤣

Probably Malhar had no say in the matter  then and got stuck with Gautama and the rest of the crew. .Now Gautama made Khanderao into what he is now . Now Malhar found someone like himself and mom son pair do not find it to their liking. Malhar had the upper hand being a man but he did not anticipate the trouble a girl will face in sasural.  Even Malhar Rao did not consider Gautamas opinion while choosing bahu.. And the marriage is a child marriage. And then Malhar has many wives. But that is excused saying those were the times. But widows plight and girls education is treated like early twentieth century 😀 

Edited by u4tlu - 3 years ago