Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Haal-e-Dil

It's not revealed what she want to be but we all know what she will become... siac professor like husband and sautan ๐Ÿ˜†

Sad career path... In my mind, she has reached Cambridge leaving Shaurya to deal with Shagun ๐Ÿ˜†

eternal_soul thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Idiotboxer

Sorry for butting in. I understand that being a stay at home mom or a career woman should be a person's choice but I really find this being stay at home mom out of choice something very problematic. When a child is in school and someone asks her what do you want to be when you grow up, is the answer ever "I want to be a homemaker"? Being a stay at home mother is a compromise women make for their family and children, because men are never ready to do that. Staying at home for the first few years of the child is understandable but not having a career for oneself at all is not. I strongly believe in the financial independence of a woman, no matter how supportive the husband is. I have seen my mother and mother in law regret today that they could never really do anything for themselves, though on the surface they are perfect happy contented homemakers.

You voiced out exactly what I feel about the  homemaker and choice, specially @bold : so well said!

To me it isnโ€™t that homemaker is a lesser job in fact itโ€™s a job 24/7; but also a job which is borne out of sacrifice, where your work and importance is taken for granted and neither given any respect in the household nor is there any financial independence. Financial independence is so important bcs kisi ko nhi pata kal kya ho jaaye and kab regret hone lage  ki kaash I was earning.

Homemaker is a choice that overwhelmingly more number of women are making, men are very few in number hence there is definitely some kind of extra societal pressure to the women that they feel ki they should be the ones giving up their job, and therefore it isnโ€™t totally her choice, there is a subconscious pressure being put on her. 

brat2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shahsb_26

I don't really think we ever got clarity on what exactly she aims for in life... 

It was highly stupid of makers to show her dream to be just running away in the train to begin with... Wish her dream was little bigger, like holding a trophy as successful business person, or being guest of honour... 

So far in most shows where women's or even men's ambition is central concept, we have clarity on what they are aiming at - 

Sandhya from Suraj and Baati wanted to be IPS officer 

Apna Time Ayega lady wanted to earn her respect by becoming Engineer... 

Jessi wanted to make her name in the fashion industry... 

We have mostly seen clear aspirations from woman centric shows when it comes to career aspects - doctor, actor, or even ideal bahu/wife... 

But I am kind of confused with Anokhi's aspirations.. I bet it is more than just running away in train... We have heard her say, she wants to become like Astha ma'am, is that her like goal?  Does that mean professor? If so, where - SIAC or something more? Or is it in Kapurthala to uplift society? 

Just wanted to know what more is expected out of promising and intelligent student? 

By the looks of it as of now 

I think running away only was her dream  ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

Right now running after someone is  her dream ๐Ÿ˜’

Next with Shagun thrown in the mix crying over her broken heart will be the dream ๐Ÿ’”

After that  getting caught in kitchen politics is the next dream 

After that if dreams still continue maybe she will think about her aspirations and dreams 

Lol! 

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Sorry for butting in. I understand that being a stay at home mom or a career woman should be a person's choice but I really find this being stay at home mom out of choice something very problematic. When a child is in school and someone asks her what do you want to be when you grow up, is the answer ever "I want to be a homemaker"? Being a stay at home mother is a compromise women make for their family and children, because men are never ready to do that. Staying at home for the first few years of the child is understandable but not having a career for oneself at all is not. I strongly believe in the financial independence of a woman, no matter how supportive the husband is. I have seen my mother and mother in law regret today that they could never really do anything for themselves, though on the surface they are perfect happy contented homemakers.

I read this reply before too but posting now ๐Ÿ˜‚ if having a career is a choice I guess sahm should also be seen as one (u already do though). Of course when women themselves are choosing it , and not cause of obligations to kids or pressure from in-laws. Some women actually want to be married and take care of kids, live the traditional life. Some women wants best of both worlds, some wants to rule in career. I and you may not see the allure but I guess there is certain level of comfort in staying at home, having total control over members and how the house runs, meals, plans, finance, everything.  If you can get everything at home why bother going out? Of course it stings only when u ask for money from husband/son and u r shunned.

I guess during our mothers and grandma time they actually had no /less choice- like what they would do even if they wanted to work? Also literacy was less, work scope was less, world was small and society was cruel back then. Now working is normalised and encouraged, government supports, parents want it, even in laws want a income wali bahu for expenses. Of course some part of country remains backward but as a whole situation has changed a lot. For eg now women in rural area can work as anganwadi or mid dal means in school. Our moms didn't have even that choice back then. Society shaming was another no no, hence they had to rely on father's and later sons.

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

@Bold - Actually I come from a strata of society where this is drummed into a girl at birth. If you asked most of my cousins that question they will give you a blank stare - because it is not even a consideration. the future is predetermined - "shaadi kar ke ghar sambhalna hai." A few rebels will say "kuch karna hai" but will never define it. And majority of them have masters degree.

I left that rut because my mom and dad kicked me out.

Edited by Irshita - 3 years ago
brat2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ 
this can be whole new topic 

I always second that being a homemaker should be a choice  never forced upon 

I totally believe in having a career and financial independence  for women 

The mindset for most of the people - Homemaker/ housewife - oh ! You have so much free time what do you do in that time - Really? ๐Ÿค” 
 I feel not everyone has the situation to even choose ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Being a homemaker does not bring in finances so the kind of respect and appreciation  for that is never there๐Ÿคข

You are a mom wife daughter in law  cook cleaner dhobi 

Bai  , driver , doctor/ nurse  everything rolled into one 

I think if most people had to pay for homemaker  services 

I will tell you they cannot afford it 

SORRY ๐Ÿ™ for detouring from the actual topic ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Subah se lecture dene ka mann kar raha tha 

Koi nahi mila  ๐Ÿ˜†

Thatโ€™s why my rant over hereโ˜บ๏ธ

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: brat2008

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ 
this can be whole new topic 

I always second that being a homemaker should be a choice  never forced upon 

I totally believe in having a career and financial independence  for women 

The mindset for most of the people - Homemaker/ housewife - oh ! You have so much free time what do you do in that time - Really? ๐Ÿค” 
 I feel not everyone has the situation to even choose ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Being a homemaker does not bring in finances so the kind of respect and appreciation  for that is never there๐Ÿคข

You are a mom wife daughter in law  cook cleaner dhobi 

Bai  , driver , doctor/ nurse  everything rolled into one 

I think if most people had to pay for homemaker  services 

I will tell you they cannot afford it 

SORRY ๐Ÿ™ for detouring from the actual topic ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Subah se lecture dene ka mann kar raha tha 

Koi nahi mila  ๐Ÿ˜†

Thatโ€™s why my rant over hereโ˜บ๏ธ

The topic wasn't restricted to Anokhi and her sapne... Her sapne is fulfilled when she left Kapurthala! ๐Ÿ˜†

Feel free to rant as much as you want ๐Ÿ˜†