Did Kangana deserve national award for Manikarnika and Panga? - Page 2

Poll

Does Kangana deserve national award for Manikarnika and Panga?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: pali001

How many actually watched the movies of all the contenders of NA to come to conclusion that someone deserved it or not? 

None of us are in a position to make a call on who deserves it. There are neutral ppl, kangana haters and some just do not want to come across as kangana fans so do the balancing act.

A committee can only make a final call on a candidate... even they cannot claim to have given to a deserved candidate . Exactly like how Tapsee was awarded filmfare... you and me do not decide who is the worthy or deserving . its the committee that is appointed . 

You cannot hand out your own Nobel prizes ... it’s the job of Nobel committee.

Yes, a committee makes the final call but the general public is still allowed to have an opinion and voice their opinion on the matter 😃

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

Yes, a committee makes the final call but the general public is still allowed to have an opinion and voice their opinion on the matter 😃

if there is one thing that everyone has in this world is ‘opinion’ . Who is anyone to ‘allow’ or ‘disallow’ as in there no such thing  ?  You should have thought the same on my comment . ‘Deserving’ is a very personal choice based on individual or a group deciding the criteria. Anyone else using the word is just fluff and expressing disgruntlement.  I was dwelling on that . 

I guess I am  also voicing  my opinion. It’s a boring day ... u see.

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

I have in fact seen a lot of the regional films nominated for that year- and this award was Parvathy's, plain and simple. History will prove this right- when we look back more dispassionately

Dont feel like commenting on Kangana's means and methods anymore- a waste of time and energy and creates unnecessary negativity for all involved. 

Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Kangana is a decent actress but wasn't deserving this time for the NA. Appreciated and loved her in Fashion, QUEEN, TWMR2. The only performances I really loved.

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

In any case  this award for kangana is not a great news for her. This seems to be the least credible National award she got also giving fodder to criticize her previously won national awards.

Guneet80 thumbnail
Most Comments (October 2021) 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Oh hell no. Regional cinema was completely neglected this time. I'm quite shocked. Kangana didn't deserve the award for sure.

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Nope.  Didn't watch Manikarnika, the trailer put me off. Panga was average at its best.  It had its moments but her character did not have any consistency.  I liked the first few scenes but afterwards it was just like any of her characters.  The climax was disappointing ,it was just a coincidence that she got to play and let India win.  Nothing quite happened in the last half that made us cheer for Jaya other than the feeling of having to see her win to get it over with.   She looked nice with all that kajal on btw.  

So now she d get another one for Thalaivi. And another one for Manikarnika and Didda or whatever it's called. And it goes on.  

..Kavi.. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I watched, or more accurately tried to watch, Manikarnika because the story is interesting. But it was truly such horrid acting I couldn't get through it. Just her facial expressions, the way she delivered dialogues, was like a bad parody. Panga is a sort of recycled feel-good, nationalist, sports film we've seen too many times before, and it certainly wasn't made that much better or more memorable by Kangana's acting. In fact, I think it would have benefitted from another actress because I preferred the acting of the supporting cast. But, they're both nationalistic films, and she's an ally of the BJP, which is rare in BW so it is obvious why she was given the NA.