Did Kangana deserve national award for Manikarnika and Panga?

Poll

Does Kangana deserve national award for Manikarnika and Panga?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 3 years ago

She did deserve it for Queen. But Manikarnika and Panga???

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She didnt deserve  any of them. Backstage shenanigans 😆

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

nope..how can she win an award for a movie released in jan 2019 in march 2021..like this is ridiculous and ends the discussion there itself..national awards have lost credibility long back..alia never got it for raazi coz she is british..and kangana got it for a jan 19 movie in mar 21..

Justice4Samosa thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

nope..how can she win an award for a movie released in jan 2019 in march 2021..like this is ridiculous and ends the discussion there itself..national awards have lost credibility long back..alia never got it for raazi coz she is british..and kangana got it for a jan 19 movie in mar 21..

Manikarnika was certified and released in Jan 2019. Panga was certified in 2019. So both the movies are acceptable since NA considers date of certification not date of release. There's no rule of non Indian citizen not eligible for NA. Foreign citizens can win NA. The Egyptian actress of Ship of Theseus won one and so did Akshay despite having Canadian citizenship.

The National Awards for the year 2020 is still pending, will probably happen in later half of the year I guess since they already called for entries.

Edited by MommaDarling - 3 years ago

If Suraj Pancholi can win the best debut award and Saif a national award for Hum Tum, why not? Kangana is at least a decent actress. I thought it was well established by now that there is no such thing as "deserving" anything in the state of anarchy. If "the powers that be" think they deserve the awards, then, yes, they probably do... finito! ☯️

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

No. Even though I liked Panga and her performance. There were better performances like Parvathy, Swastika etc

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

She didnt deserve  any of them. Backstage shenanigans 😆

that’s like Questioning the credibility of an entity of Indian government under 2 different regimes.  

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

How many actually watched the movies of all the contenders of NA to come to conclusion that someone deserved it or not? 

None of us are in a position to make a call on who deserves it. There are neutral ppl, kangana haters and some just do not want to come across as kangana fans so do the balancing act.

A committee can only make a final call on a candidate... even they cannot claim to have given to a deserved candidate . Exactly like how Tapsee was awarded filmfare... you and me do not decide who is the worthy or deserving . its the committee that is appointed . 

You cannot hand out your own Nobel prizes ... it’s the job of Nobel committee.

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

If Suraj Pancholi can win the best debut award and Saif a national award for Hum Tum, why not? Kangana is at least a decent actress. I thought it was well established by now that there is no such thing as "deserving" anything in the state of anarchy. If "the powers that be" think they deserve the awards, then, yes, they probably do... finito! ☯️

Saif Ali Khan was outstanding in Hum Tum, I agree SRK deserved it more for Swades but It doesn't mean Saif's win was scandalous. Just because it wasn't a biopic or social message role which according to so called civilized Indian audiences thinks actor can deserves an award for.  

If Anil Kapoor and Karisma did won for Nayaka & DPH how can Saif's win considered scandalous?

And to Kangana, the things is she was very poor in Manikarnika let alone deserving to win.