SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

happybirthdaymahimachaudhry hashtag on Twitter

https://youtu.be/M6rIkQ5IFFA

https://youtu.be/VOenp1HEYsE

Beautiful introduction with "Pardes"

After that she only starred in around 5 movies as a female lead ! What are your thoughts about her acting skills ? Did she have it in her to become an even bigger star?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

She was a beauty! I loved her in Pardes ... and especially this song!! ❤️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLesAMHXzV0

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

She was terrific in Pardes, and had a very good run in the late 90s👍🏼, working with different directors/actors. Doing A LOT of 'supporting' roles" seemingly backfired, even though she was good in all her films.

By early 2000s, the industry had started to change with the influx new gen actors like Hrithik, Kareena etc... and directors.

But Mahima's acting felt very dated, and she still had that 90s vibe with her. She was bracketed with 90s gen actresses (Urmila, Raveena, Shilpa, Kajol etc) instead of her actual contemporaries like Rani, Preeti, Aish etc who ALL rose to prominence. Even though they also did supporting roles initially, they brought some kind of charm/freshness with them and transformed well with the times👍🏼, while Mahima didn't/couldn't.

She also had NO solid connections. Her only mentor was Subhash Ghai, who had lost his motto by that time.😆

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

She also had NO solid connections. Her only mentor was Subhash Ghai, who had lost his motto by that time.😆

Mentor?

https://www.filmfare.com/news/bollywood/mahima-chaudhry-says-she-was-bullied-by-subhash-ghai-42788-1.html

For an online portal, Mahima Chaudhry has gone all out and narrated an explosive story of how she was bullied by Mr Ghai who launched her with Pardes in 1997. The actress says that she was not allowed to take work without seeking his permission and in bargain she lost out on some big roles. Speaking to an online portal, she said, “I was bullied by Mr. Subhash Ghai. He even took me to the court and wanted me to cancel my first show. It was quite stressful. He sent a message to all the producers that nobody should work with me! If you pick up one of the issues of Trade Guide magazine in 1998 or 1999, there was an ad that he had given which stated that if anybody wanted to work with me, that person would have to contact him. Otherwise, it would be a breach of contract. However, there was no such contract which said that I had to seek his permission. Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt, David Dhawan and Rajkumar Santoshi were the only four people who stood by me. They all told me to stay strong. David Dhawan called and told me that, ‘Don’t worry and don’t let him bully you.’ Apart from these four people, I didn’t receive a call from anyone else.”

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

She was decent, but nothing exceptional. No glamour or hotness, looked girl next doorsy all the time. During her era, she had Kajol, Ash, Preity, Rani, etc as competitors and all of them were better than her (some in looks, some in acting).

ru.qayyah thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

.Image

Edited by ru.qayyah - 3 years ago
Taify thumbnail

She had the 90s hangover at a time when things were changing.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

She was so beautiful and I liked her in all the movies I saw of her. Wanted her to do more movies 

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

She was pretty but nothing exceptional. She was okay on acting and did not have any great screen presence. She wasn't a good dancer. 

She got a huge break in Pardes but couldn't capitalise on it. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

She had potential! She’s a lot better than Preity Zinta, I think she can act better than her