Psychological Analysis of Anirudh

Arcturus_S thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Psychological Analysis of Anirudh (as a fictional character,not as a ML in an ITV daily soap)

My intension is not to defend or justify anyone or anything.I am not claiming anything as right or wrong. Everyone has a freedom to express opinion. I’m just sharing my views on a character. This would have been a correct psychological study if Anirudh was a character from a book. But as a ML in an ITV show, where a person becomes a fly with in a blink of an eye and with the only guiding logic-trp, it might be a little too much reading between the lines. Please don’t brand me as a blind fan of a character. Iam not. I am just intrigued by this oscillating character and trying to find some logic behind his seemingly contradictory behavior.

We all are addicted to the cute and amazing bond of Ani-Bon and it really hurts to see anyone or anything coming between them. 

After analyzing his character I feel pity for him .He is in love with his concept of ideal woman. A woman having the qualities of honesty,loyalty ,selflessness, brave, independent,  questioning injustices,fighting for the right causes and dedicated to bring some changes in society.He loves this image the most; it is his dream for which he came to India. First he was trying to find these in Mini and was feeling betrayed by her after knowing her real nature. The moment he came to know Bon as the letter girl , he knew that she is the real life epitome of his ideal woman. Now life has placed him in a tricky situation. His ideal woman is in front of him as his wife but unfortunately she turned out to be a child. The principled ARC can never even think about falling for a kid.

He is like person on diet and his favorite food is in front of him. He desperately wants to have it but stopping himself, knowing that it is not good for heath and thinking about the aim. Somewhere he knows he got his ideal woman as wife (favorite food) but he is trying his level best not to fall for her because he knows she is a child and child marriage is wrong. He also thinks about his aim of making her independent and capable of taking her own decisions regarding her life, including the choice of her partner (teri kismat teri hatom se hi likhi jayeji). He kept their relation away from all the societal expectations till the SR fiasco, where everything went out of his hands.

Bon's mind is innocent. She doesn't know about the full meaning of the wife's right she demands from him. But he knows. After all the parivarik jeevan talks somewhere he doesn't trust himself. Remember him imagining Bon as his bride. This freaked him out. I think he refuses to share a room more because he is afraid of his own feelings for her. Even thinking about her in that way is a sin for his principled, moralistic mind. If ever even a small lapse happens in this matter, he will fall in front of his eyes forever.Kaka’s laddoo made him more panicky. He grabbed the first opportunity to leave home but the conditions in the village were worse (the comments after him building bathroom and how his face changed, advices to him and Bon by people etc.)

About Ani loving AE, I think he is expressing his love for Bon in an indirect way. He desperately wants to show this side of love for Bon but he is trying very hard to stop his impulses. Here the RTM21 (the main reason for all our misery) makes sense. They were working together and unknowingly he was falling for her. Literally “Samne Jo Tu Ho. Kabu Kaise Dil Pe Ho” condition. After SR fiasco things became worse; he was having hallucinations of Bon as his bride. He was under tremendous psychological pressure.

Too much repression of emotions in mind is not good for human beings ;it can affect the stability of mind. So human mind always tries to seek more acceptable outlets for these emotions. His mind's defense mechanism was desperately searching for something to deviate and AE came in front of him. He found a reflection of Bon in her, her bravery and determination; the same qualities he saw in Bon during GW &Munshi tracks. His conscious mind quickly and willingly grabbed this more convenient outlet (it is only a more convenient outlet not the right one, that is why he is feeling guilty). For his conscious mind accepting feelings for another woman is better than accepting feelings for achild. His inner selves, both dil and dimaag refused to say that they love AE.They said hum nahi tum. It indicates that both his mind and heart knows who his real love is.

If he says yes to marry AE, it will be only for Bon.Remember him saying he will do anything for Bon ke saar se patnidharam ka bhoot utarnekeliye. He knows Bon will not share her husband to anyone. So his idiotic mind will think like anyway this is a temporary marriage, AE will leave after her mission and by the time she leaves Bon will come back to the track of studying and they can happily live their life like before. This man cannot think anything except Bon. His every thoughts start and end with her. (As a viewer I cannot see him marry anyone else under whatever circumstances. I will quit the show. I expect poetic justice from a fictional show unlike real life)

What he doesn't know is the impact of this decision on Bon(even the mere yes, he doesn't  have to marry AE) . She will not disclose her feelings for him. He will have a hardtime convincing her about his love in future. (if it happens like that it will be a treat for us shippers. Let him also have a taste of his own medicine😈)

Outwardly it looks like Bon is in love and he is indifferent. But it is the other way around. Bon is having a teenage crush. It is just a passing fancy. She says he is her world but because she is a child and doesn’t know all the nuances of their relation, it is easy for her to move on(she changed from apni ma ki Bon to apne patibabu ki Bon pretty quickly). He never says but she is his world. He simply cannot even feel anything without attaching it to her. He is stuck with her forever. He will never accept his love for her till she is a kid, nor he will ever let her go. (even though he had to marry her , if it was just about her studies and safety, a rich and influential man like ARC can easily find other ways. Initially his family also wanted to send her away. He could have easily find accommodation for Bon&her mother and arrange her studies, in somewhere like Calcutta or even in London)His conscious mind will never allow him to identify a kid as his love and his subconscious mind will not let his ideal woman(true love) away from his life.He will keep on giving other interpretations for his feelings for Bon till she becomes an adult. He is not mahan, in fact he is very selfish. Doing something for loved ones gives us happiness. He is also doing everything for the person he loves the most. Seeing her happy and successful is his greatest happiness.  

Bon will have the highest form of love, selfless love. She will love him enough to let him go.  But his love will always have a streak of possessiveness.If they are separate and Bon thinks he is happy, then she will be able to lead a content life, not extremely happy but at least bearable. He will never be happy without Bon in his life even if he marries and lives with AE or someone else, he will always try to find Bon in her.  He will lead a miserable life pining for her.

Present situation has two aspects-obvious feminist aspect and subtle psychological. The obvious feminist perception makes one hate Ani and criticize his insensitivity to Bon. The subtle psychological aspect makes one sympathize with Ani as a man under tremendous psychological turmoil. One side shows the glass as half empty and other side as half full. It is up to each individual to decide from which angle she/he wants to see the glass.

P.S. Please don’t kill me. I don’t want to be a martyr for ARC. I want to live and fall in love with more characters.

P.P.S. This doesn’t mean I won’t troll him anymore. I will happily continue trolling him. Trolling is the best and quick stress buster after disturbing episodes.😈🤣

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley_m thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Arcturus_S

Psychological Analysis of Anirudh (as a fictional character,not as a ML in an ITV daily soap)

My intension is not to defend or justify anyone or anything.I am not claiming anything as right or wrong. Everyone has a freedom to express opinion. I’m just sharing my views on a character. This would have been a correct psychological study if Anirudh was a character from a book. But as a ML in an ITV show, where a person becomes a fly with in a blink of an eye and with the only guiding logic-trp, it might be a little too much reading between the lines. Please don’t brand me as a blind fan of a character. Iam not. I am just intrigued by this oscillating character and trying to find some logic behind his seemingly contradictory behavior.

We all are addicted to the cute and amazing bond of Ani-Bon and it really hurts to see anyone or anything coming between them. 

After analyzing his character I feel pity for him .He is in love with his concept of ideal woman. A woman having the qualities of honesty,loyalty ,selflessness, brave, independent,  questioning injustices,fighting for the right causes and dedicated to bring some changes in society.He loves this image the most; it is his dream for which he came to India. First he was trying to find these in Mini and was feeling betrayed by her after knowing her real nature. The moment he came to know Bon as the letter girl , he knew that she is the real life epitome of his ideal woman. Now life has placed him in a tricky situation. His ideal woman is in front of him as his wife but unfortunately she turned out to be a child. The principled ARC can never even think about falling for a kid.

He is like person on diet and his favorite food is in front of him. He desperately wants to have it but stopping himself, knowing that it is not good for heath and thinking about the aim. Somewhere he knows he got his ideal woman as wife (favorite food) but he is trying his level best not to fall for her because he knows she is a child and child marriage is wrong. He also thinks about his aim of making her independent and capable of taking her own decisions regarding her life, including the choice of her partner (teri kismat teri hatom se hi likhi jayeji). He kept their relation away from all the societal expectations till the SR fiasco, where everything went out of his hands.

Bon's mind is innocent. She doesn't know about the full meaning of the wife's right she demands from him. But he knows. After all the parivarik jeevan talks somewhere he doesn't trust himself. Remember him imagining Bon as his bride. This freaked him out. I think he refuses to share a room more because he is afraid of his own feelings for her. Even thinking about her in that way is a sin for his principled, moralistic mind. If ever even a small lapse happens in this matter, he will fall in front of his eyes forever.Kaka’s laddoo made him more panicky. He grabbed the first opportunity to leave home but the conditions in the village were worse (the comments after him building bathroom and how his face changed, advices to him and Bon by people etc.)

About Ani loving AE, I think he is expressing his love for Bon in an indirect way. He desperately wants to show this side of love for Bon but he is trying very hard to stop his impulses. Here the RTM21 (the main reason for all our misery) makes sense. They were working together and unknowingly he was falling for her. Literally “Samne Jo Tu Ho. Kabu Kaise Dil Pe Ho” condition. After SR fiasco things became worse; he was having hallucinations of Bon as his bride. He was under tremendous psychological pressure.

Too much repression of emotions in mind is not good for human beings ;it can affect the stability of mind. So human mind always tries to seek more acceptable outlets for these emotions. His mind's defense mechanism was desperately searching for something to deviate and AE came in front of him. He found a reflection of Bon in her, her bravery and determination; the same qualities he saw in Bon during GW &Munshi tracks. His conscious mind quickly and willingly grabbed this more convenient outlet (it is only a more convenient outlet not the right one, that is why he is feeling guilty). For his conscious mind accepting feelings for another woman is better than accepting feelings for achild. His inner selves, both dil and dimaag refused to say that they love AE.They said hum nahi tum. It indicates that both his mind and heart knows who his real love is.

If he says yes to marry AE, it will be only for Bon.Remember him saying he will do anything for Bon ke saar se patnidharam ka bhoot utarnekeliye. He knows Bon will not share her husband to anyone. So his idiotic mind will think like anyway this is a temporary marriage, AE will leave after her mission and by the time she leaves Bon will come back to the track of studying and they can happily live their life like before. This man cannot think anything except Bon. His every thoughts start and end with her. (As a viewer I cannot see him marry anyone else under whatever circumstances. I will quit the show. I expect poetic justice from a fictional show unlike real life)

What he doesn't know is the impact of this decision on Bon(even the mere yes, he doesn't  have to marry AE) . She will not disclose her feelings for him. He will have a hardtime convincing her about his love in future. (if it happens like that it will be a treat for us shippers. Let him also have a taste of his own medicine😈)

Outwardly it looks like Bon is in love and he is indifferent. But it is the other way around. Bon is having a teenage crush. It is just a passing fancy. She says he is her world but because she is a child and doesn’t know all the nuances of their relation, it is easy for her to move on(she changed from apni ma ki Bon to apne patibabu ki Bon pretty quickly). He never says but she is his world. He simply cannot even feel anything without attaching it to her. He is stuck with her forever. He will never accept his love for her till she is a kid, nor he will ever let her go. (even though he had to marry her , if it was just about her studies and safety, a rich and influential man like ARC can easily find other ways. Initially his family also wanted to send her away. He could have easily find accommodation for Bon&her mother and arrange her studies, in somewhere like Calcutta or even in London)His conscious mind will never allow him to identify a kid as his love and his subconscious mind will not let his ideal woman(true love) away from his life.He will keep on giving other interpretations for his feelings for Bon till she becomes an adult. He is not mahan, in fact he is very selfish. Doing something for loved ones gives us happiness. He is also doing everything for the person he loves the most. Seeing her happy and successful is his greatest happiness.  

Bon will have the highest form of love, selfless love. She will love him enough to let him go.  But his love will always have a streak of possessiveness.If they are separate and Bon thinks he is happy, then she will be able to lead a content life, not extremely happy but at least bearable. He will never be happy without Bon in his life even if he marries and lives with AE or someone else, he will always try to find Bon in her.  He will lead a miserable life pining for her.

Present situation has two aspects-obvious feminist aspect and subtle psychological. The obvious feminist perception makes one hate Ani and criticize his insensitivity to Bon. The subtle psychological aspect makes one sympathize with Ani as a man under tremendous psychological turmoil. One side shows the glass as half empty and other side as half full. It is up to each individual to decide from which angle she/he wants to see the glass.

P.S. Please don’t kill me. I don’t want to be a martyr for ARC. I want to live and fall in love with more characters.

P.P.S. This doesn’t mean I won’t troll him anymore. I will happily continue trolling him. Trolling is the best and quick stress buster after disturbing episodes.😈🤣

Beautifully written Simmu! I always claim that BB is not a social drama or a romance, rather it is a bildungsroman. And psychologically Ani has a lot of growing up to do.

Rudhitafan thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

One of the best logical interpretation regarding the current track👏

Wonderful

I doubt if makers have thought in this much depth though😆but  all the current happenings make sense if the makers thought exactly the same way as you explained....❤️

But still that one scene where he gets flashback of AE while explaining about love to bon doesn't make sense at all....and that one scene  proved downfall of ARC for all of us the fans

If he is doing all this go the exact above reasons then he definitely deserves a hard time to win bon in future....😈because at the eod  he is only giving her the worst trauma ever....now bon is not aware of this trauma exactly since she is unaware of ani's New found feelings for AE....but once she learns about it she will be hurt....she will be hurt further when she attains emotional maturity😒

Thank you so much for this beautiful.post...🤗

By the way I'm krishna😳

Welcome to BB family🤗

How should i call you?

Arcturus_S thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rudhitafan

One of the best logical interpretation regarding the current track👏

Wonderful

I doubt if makers have thought in this much depth though😆but  all the current happenings make sense if the makers thought exactly the same way as you explained....❤️

But still that one scene where he gets flashback of AE while explaining about love to bon doesn't make sense at all....and that one scene  proved downfall of ARC for all of us the fans

If he is doing all this go the exact above reasons then he definitely deserves a hard time to win bon in future....😈because at the eod  he is only giving her the worst trauma ever....now bon is not aware of this trauma exactly since she is unaware of ani's New found feelings for AE....but once she learns about it she will be hurt....she will be hurt further when she attains emotional maturity😒

Thank you so much for this beautiful.post...🤗

By the way I'm krishna😳

Welcome to BB family🤗

How should i call you?

Hi Krishna, I'm Simmu 😊 . 

Thank you ❤️ 

I've already gave the disclaimer that this is more suitable for a character from a book, not for a trp oriented itv character. 😆

I think him recollecting AE is a mode of his conscious mind's denial of having romantic aspects of love to Bon. He was thinking of two things, her bravery,dedication(I don't think showing her face has anything to do with beauty. Mini was more beautiful but he never fell for her) and caring nature(tieing the bandage). Two things he always associate with Bon. He was in a desperate search of associating romantic notions to someone other than Bon. His conscious mind showed him the similarities in another grown up woman and he quickly grabbed it without a second thought as a temporary solution for his on going battle between desire and moral principles. 

I so want to see Bon showing attitude and him suffering, just for the pure sadistic pleasure of it 😈

If they stay together Bon will fall for him , not because she is married to him but because it is not difficult to fall for a person like Anirudh. He is almost like everything a girl ever wants in a man. Too tempting an option to resist 😆

I'm happy that at least I could provide a temporary dil ka sukoon to you 🤗 

we all have to bang our heads after the next episode telecast 🤣🤣

Edited by Arcturus_S - 3 years ago
Doc.love thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Simmmmu!!!🤗🤗

Meri writing tutor bann jao please? 😳

Mere ko itne acchay se apna point samjhana sikha dou please..😳

What you have written is so beautiful that even if someone doesnt agree with your POV, they would still end up agreeing with you!

I wholeheartedly agree with each and every word you said... Your POV is astute and it brings so much clarity. 

Not to mention that it is from a very unique perspective too. 

Love it! ❤️

Arcturus_S thumbnail

Originally posted by: Doc.love

Simmmmu!!!🤗🤗

Meri writing tutor bann jao please? 😳

Mere ko itne acchay se apna point samjhana sikha dou please..😳

What you have written is so beautiful that even if someone doesnt agree with your POV, they would still end up agreeing with you!

I wholeheartedly agree with each and every word you said... Your POV is astute and it brings so much clarity. 

Not to mention that it is from a very unique perspective too. 

Love it! ❤️

Thank you  dear ❤️ 🤗

rajiraji14 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arcturus_S

My point is makers need sme consultation regarding current track have to analyse psychological reaction of viewers over it becoz ths 1 wk all were shouting fr frst 2 days at  ARC and ydy its Bon .... so my point makers wanna consider ths viewers irtitatn over ths track whereever in social media its going in too negative feedbk mechanism

pratyay thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

what a great analysis and I appreciate the effort you took to pen this down.👏 I agree on Ani's affinity with the image of an ideal woman and how he easily latches onto it because that's his life's motto, a woman being independent, bold, and with ambition in life.

But I sightly disagree on him having romantic feelings for Bon, and trying to repress it and AE being his outlet. Anirudh loves Bon, perhaps the most but in a platonic way. He is possessive about her, but it comes from Ani's desire of being the best in everything. He wants to be the best man in Bon's life. I don't see any romantic feelings from his side.RTM 21 is a blunder from makers in terms of choice of words. No doubt, she is the center of his world and he can't live without her.  He has grown fond of her, attached to her, comfortable with her in the one year.  Ani doesn't notice her as a man does a woman, now. I am sure he will not be able to stop himself from looking at her when she will be grown up.

But SR fiasco threw the physical relation aspects into their relationship which is utterly disgusting and it unsettles him. Anirudh not staying in a room with her is not because he is afraid of his feelings for her but it is due to what conclusions society and his family will draw from it and it will be very disturbing for him to listen. He wants to outright show that their relationship will not have any romantic aspects by not staying in a room. 

Regarding AE, I think she fits his image of an ideal woman and she is of the right age as well. Ani is just 22, it's natural for him to get infatuated. Its his oxytocin, dopamine levels spiking and making him do so. AE-Ani track is a poor execution from makers, it lavks depth and comes across as shallow. 

I agree on Bon letting go of Ani if required, but Ani will not be able to survive without her, not today and not in the future.

Ashley_m thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: pratyay

what a great analysis and I appreciate the effort you took to pen this down.👏 I agree on Ani's affinity with the image of an ideal woman and how he easily latches onto it because that's his life's motto, a woman being independent, bold, and with ambition in life.

But I sightly disagree on him having romantic feelings for Bon, and trying to repress it and AE being his outlet. Anirudh loves Bon, perhaps the most but in a platonic way. He is possessive about her, but it comes from Ani's desire of being the best in everything. He wants to be the best man in Bon's life. I don't see any romantic feelings from his side.RTM 21 is a blunder from makers in terms of choice of words. No doubt, she is the center of his world and he can't live without her.  He has grown fond of her, attached to her, comfortable with her in the one year.  Ani doesn't notice her as a man does a woman, now. I am sure he will not be able to stop himself from looking at her when she will be grown up.

But SR fiasco threw the physical relation aspects into their relationship which is utterly disgusting and it unsettles him. Anirudh not staying in a room with her is not because he is afraid of his feelings for her but it is due to what conclusions society and his family will draw from it and it will be very disturbing for him to listen. He wants to outright show that their relationship will not have any romantic aspects by not staying in a room. 

Regarding AE, I think she fits his image of an ideal woman and she is of the right age as well. Ani is just 22, it's natural for him to get infatuated. Its his oxytocin, dopamine levels spiking and making him do so. AE-Ani track is a poor execution from makers, it lavks depth and comes across as shallow. 

I agree on Bon letting go of Ani if required, but Ani will not be able to survive without her, not today and not in the future.

@Bold: I think there was a purpose to not defining AE properly and keeping Ani' 'love' for AE shallow! It is a part of the whole infatuation picture as well. AE is an enigma for a reason, to show that there is no permanent place for her in Ani's life or mind.

Arcturus_S thumbnail

Originally posted by: pratyay

Thank you ❤️ 

Ani was shown as a person who never cares about society's opinion about him or about his actions. Remember all the drama done by Mini. The whole society and even his family (kaka) thought he slept with her. Mini's reputation was at stake. But still he refused to marry her, just because he had full faith on him. He refused to go by society's impression. He kept on saying nothing happened between them,so he will not marry Mini. Earlier also he never cared about society's opinion regarding the friendship between a man and woman. He openly told Kaka's he doesn't care what others say. Thinking about these events Ani shouldn't make sharing a room a big issue. They can easily sleep on two beds and as usual he won't care about what society says about it. Still he made it a big issue and was adamant that he will not share a room with Bon. Regarding all the tantrums he has shown, now the RTM 21 lyrics and his hallucination make sense. RTM's are supposed to be internal monologues and we know hallucinations happens according to our thoughts. In Bon's hallucination she was talking about the things she has in mind like langadi tang and other games and Ani saw her as his bride. That explains it.

Ani is not that shallow to fall for someone's physical beauty. Mini clearly told it. She told Binoy that they thought that she can attract him through her beauty but he never fell for it. Ani told Mini also that he likes her because she is his apna not because she is sundar. He had a beautiful girl whom he claimed to love in front of him, but never fell for her beauty. Then how will he fall for a stranger just because of beauty or physical appearance?

That is why I interpreted in this way. I'm not trying to convince you but just explaining the reasons for my conclusion. I respect your opinion. After all all interpretations are open. We judge a situation based on our perspectives 😊

Edited by Arcturus_S - 3 years ago