Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: pali001

she might truly want to do all those things and also make a lot of money . money is extremely inspiring and motivating factor ... a lifetime will never be enough if you dig through all actors Statements about what they would and would not do or principles they will stick to  while not living up to it ...this girl atleast displayed her existence of academic Ability unlike many gas bags .

Until that one year of being a beauty queen one is supposed to maintain their stand on certain aspects to retain their title ... talking about social causes is the most important thing. 

Oh yeah ! Sara used her Yale card to show she is different from her co nepo gang . It was her USP ,..her own dad said why waste Yale degree to become a movie star .... ummm money .

Sara being actors child it’s easy for her to be actor , Manushi landed a rare chance that selected few ever get ... to be a movie star and the possibility to make loads of money . Heck ! No one will let it go to stick to her beauty contest  trope answers Ideals which she said when she was 21 ...which ended with her contact. 

Being a doctor is a very committed profession, it’s not for people who are not keen on it , you cannot be a beauty queen by day and save the world in the night .

Agreed with everything you said .... except Sara went to Columbia, not Yale.:)

I have a really hard time reconciling the Sara I see in movies and interviews with the one that attended Columbia but that's another story.πŸ˜†

Sorry but IMO, she lacks the spark and charm of a mainstream heroine  https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/57028/1536259085.3572-smiley.gif

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

Agreed with everything you said .... except Sara went to Columbia, not Yale.:)

I have a really hard time reconciling the Sara I see in movies and interviews with the one that attended Columbia but that's another story.πŸ˜†

wow ! For some reason ... I dunno why Yale stuck in my mind.

newangel34 thumbnail

honestly, I think it's fine for Manushi or even Sara for have taken the opportunity to go to college. They got in on their own merit plus college is more than the degree you get. It's the people you meet and the broadening of the mindset. It's why SRK sent his children to college even though Suhana knows she wants to act.

Originally posted by: pali001

wow ! For some reason ... I dunno why Yale stuck in my mind.

It's probably cuz they beat the drum about her Ivy League education everywhere but didn't mention Columbia as often.

palml thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

It's probably cuz they beat the drum about her Ivy League education everywhere but didn't mention Columbia as often.

which is funny because rich kids can easily get into ivy league, so it's not a huge achievement for a rich kid to get into ivy πŸ€ͺ

Originally posted by: floatyy

which is funny because rich kids can easily get into ivy league, so it's not a huge achievement for a rich kid to get into ivy πŸ€ͺ

More than getting into an Ivy League school (cuz like you said, it's easy for them to buy their way in), the fact that she actually finished college is worth commending..... unlike so many legacy kids who get in but drop out halfway through semesters. I hand it to her for that.

Also, compared to her contemporaries who never bothered finishing high school and sound extremely dumb when they open their mouths, she still stands a class apart from them despite her horrendous performances.

So it made sense for them to publicize her education cuz it's rare in their social circle .... plus it wasn't like Kareena attending summer school in Harvard and trying to sell herself as a Harvard grad.πŸ˜† That one always makes me laugh out loud with pure amusement.

--Ariana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MercurialMedusa

Wasted a medical seat and robbed a deserving one of their opportunity.

are you for real? People can change their minds about career. What is the big deal about it? Maybe medicine is not her calling. 

Plenty of people who studied medicine and then did MBA and got into marketing, so did they waste a seat? 

SSR left DCE to enter Bollywood, did you hate him for wasting his seat too?

Maybe just look where this anger is coming from? Everyone is an adult and people can make their own decisions but this "Indian society" has always a problem with everything.

There are millions of people across the world who change their careers. Even within Bollywood, plenty of people who left their academics for acting, look at Kriti Sanon for example.

Maybe if people start becoming more acceptable about other people's decision then we won't have to hear "Ye mat karna nahi toh chaar log bolenge"

VaniSpeaks thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Lonewalker.

Well....she earned herself a medical seat by her own merit so I wouldn't say she robbed someone deserving. But yes, she wasted a coveted position which is a dream to many. That..... I don't know... makes her look like a bit unappreciative of the academic opportunity she had got?πŸ€”

It's also a dream to many to become an actress right?

Many aspiring actors study academics before pursuing acting, because the chance of becoming a successful actor is low, so they have to have a backup.

And who's to say she will never be a doctor in the future?

.Lonewalker. thumbnail

Originally posted by: VaniSpeaks

It's also a dream to many to become an actress right?

Many aspiring actors study academics before pursuing acting, because the chance of becoming a successful actor is low, so they have to have a backup.

And who's to say she will never be a doctor in the future?

Well.... she can't because she didn't complete her education.

And while it indeed is a dream of many to be an actress, Manushi, during her Miss World ivs was very adamant that she is not interested in movies....she won't be doing movies unless she gets something really good....she will rather be a doctor, follow the footsteps of Reita Faria, who is her role model etc etc.....

People who dream / aspire to be actors usually don't shy away from admitting it. But Manushi did & that's why in her case it sounds more like a convenient change of tune than a dream come true situation.