Your thoughts on.....Manushi Chillar's debut? - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by pali001

more money more fame and she’s got the look.

I guess all she wanted to establish that she has the academic ability ...unlike others it’s just matter of choice.

It’s the same thing Sara did ... went to Yale but the degree was always for the show but not to make any tangible career from it.

Saara is a different case altogether. Both her parents are actors & following in their footsteps doesn't look anything contradictory. I doubt Saara ever talked about being something else than an actress.

However Manushi's whole narration was about how she will follow the footsteps of Reita Faria & will be a doctor & serve the people etc etc. She even promised to start a beauty with a purpose campaign or something like that I guess. Post Miss World she had said she is not interested in movies unless something very very good & inspiring comes along. And here she is, debuting opposite Akshay Kumar, in a movie where Akshay will definitely have everything focused on him & she will probably be just an eye candy. I am surprised this looked so inspiring or good to her that she left a prestigious degree & job opportunity for it. Money matters. But so does Prestige too. Bollywood Stars might have fame, but fame is not equal to prestige. We don't take any of these bollywood actresses seriously & they are trolled mercilessly on sm these days.

Edited by .Lonewalker. - 3 years ago

Originally posted by .Lonewalker.

Saara is a different case altogether. Both her parents are actors & following in their footsteps doesn't look anything contradictory. I doubt Saara ever talked about being something else than an actress.

However Manushi's whole narration was about how she will follow the footsteps of Reita Faria & will be a doctor & serve the people etc etc. She even promised to start a beauty with a purpose campaign or something like that I guess. Post Miss World she had said she is not interested in movies unless something very very good & inspiring comes along. And here she is, debuting opposite Akshay Kumar, in a movie where Akshay will definitely have everything focused on him & she will probably be just an eye candy. I am surprised this looked so inspiring or good to her that she left a prestigious degree & job opportunity for it. Money matters. But so does Prestige too. Bollywood Stars might have fame, but fame is not equal to prestige. We don't take any of these bollywood actresses seriously & they are trolled mercilessly on sm these days.

Can't people change their minds? Often people go down a certain path and then later realize that they are actually more passionate or interested in something else. It's normal and happens to so many people. We all have the right to make choices and decisions based on what we thinks is right for us...And it's funny that you are putting down Bollywood actresses while on a Bollywood forum 😆

Originally posted by HugeScarcity

Can't people change their minds? Often people go down a certain path and then later realize that they are actually more passionate or interested in something else. It's normal and happens to so many people. We all have the right to make choices and decisions based on what we thinks is right for us...And it's funny that you are putting down Bollywood actresses while on a Bollywood forum 😆

@Bold - Isn't it the norm here? 😆 That's what I have observed here...& in other social media sites. And honestly speaking most of them can't stitch two coherent sentences together & brings this upon them by their own ignorant behaviour. They are hard to take seriously.

Of course everyone have the right to switch paths & make their own choices.... not questioning her right to change career path... I was just curious if anyone else felt disappointed by it. It's just sad to see that someone who had seemed so passionate about medical education, having a purposeful career at one point suddenly feels so thrilled about being in Bollywood. It's just very contradictory.

However Manushi's whole narration was about how she will follow the footsteps of Reita Faria & will be a doctor & serve the people etc etc. She even promised to start a beauty with a purpose campaign or something like that I guess. Post Miss World she had said she is not interested in movies unless something very very good & inspiring comes along. And here she is, debuting opposite Akshay Kumar, in a movie where Akshay will definitely have everything focused on him & she will probably be just an eye candy. I am surprised this looked inspiringly good to her.

she might truly want to do all those things and also make a lot of money . money is extremely inspiring and motivating factor ... a lifetime will never be enough if you dig through all actors Statements about what they would and would not do or principles they will stick to  while not living up to it ...this girl atleast displayed her existence of academic Ability unlike many gas bags .

Until that one year of being a beauty queen one is supposed to maintain their stand on certain aspects to retain their title ... talking about social causes is the most important thing. 

Oh yeah ! Sara used her Yale card to show she is different from her co nepo gang . It was her USP ,..her own dad said why waste Yale degree to become a movie star .... ummm money .

Sara being actors child it’s easy for her to be actor , Manushi landed a rare chance that selected few ever get ... to be a movie star and the possibility to make loads of money . Heck ! No one will let it go to stick to her beauty contest  trope answers Ideals which she said when she was 21 ...which ended with her contact. 

Being a doctor is a very committed profession, it’s not for people who are not keen on it , you cannot be a beauty queen by day and save the world in the night .

If Manushi wants to be an actress then she has every right to. It’s her choice if she doesn’t wanna be a doctor. 

Now whether she “makes it” or not is hard to say. She’s pretty...  but she’s no Priyanka or Aishwarya. 

she might truly want to do all those things and also make a lot of money . money is extremely inspiring and motivating factor ... a lifetime will never be enough if you dig through all actors Statements about what they would and would not do or principles they will stick to  while not living up to it ...this girl atleast displayed her existence of academic Ability unlike many gas bags .

Until that one year of being a beauty queen one is supposed to maintain their stand on certain aspects to retain their title ... talking about social causes is the most important thing. 

Oh yeah ! Sara used her Yale card to show she is different from her co nepo gang . It was her USP ,..her own dad said why waste Yale degree to become a movie star .... ummm money .

Sara being actors child it’s easy for her to be actor , Manushi landed a rare chance that selected few ever get ... to be a movie star and the possibility to make loads of money . Heck ! No one will let it go to stick to her beauty contest  trope answers Ideals which she said when she was 21 ...which ended with her contact. 

Being a doctor is a very committed profession, it’s not for people who are not keen on it , you cannot be a beauty queen by day and save the world in the night .

@Bold : Did Saif really say so? 😳😳 Wow! So encouraging 😂😂

@Red : I understand & agree to this. I just meant that I was left disappointed on realising this as I had believed in her "contest trope answers" & didn't think they were all just non sincere words to make her look superior. 

Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

If Manushi wants to be an actress then she has every right to. It’s her choice if she doesn’t wanna be a doctor. 

Now whether she “makes it” or not is hard to say. She’s pretty...  but she’s no Priyanka or Aishwarya. 

I think everyone has the right to do whatever they please as long as it's not legally unacceptable. Of course she has the right to be an actress if she now wishes to. Just because some random people found it sad or disappointing she wouldn't lose the right to make her own choice. That was not my point.

I just wanted to know that whether anybody else feels like she made a poor choice by running after BW glamour abandoning a very coveted position she could have otherwise by her academic talent. She was academically talented if she had secured a medical seat for herself & was persuing the course successfully till Miss World happened. Being a Bollywood Starlet seems like an waste of that brilliance. That's all.

@Bold : Did Saif really say so? 😳😳 Wow! So encouraging 😂😂

@Red : I understand & agree to this. I just meant that I was left disappointed on realising this as I had believed in her "contest trope answers" & didn't think they were all just non sincere words to make her look superior. 

wanting to become a doctor and entering a beauty contest and sharing stage with celebs and signing ad contracts ... never go together.

She bid goodbye to practicing medicine as profession the day she signed up for a beauty contest.no matter what she thought.

Aneways , there are many who completed  MBBs and house surgeon and never practiced Medicine . we don’t hear of them as they never left medicine to be a celeb. It’s the least glamorous job . 

P.s. saif did say so .

Edited by pali001 - 3 years ago

A day too late and a dollar short

No on cares about her anymore, she should've joined at her peak popularity..now it just seems like she's dragging her winnings

more money more fame and she’s got the look.

I guess all she wanted to establish that she has the academic ability ...unlike others it’s just matter of choice.

It’s the same thing Sara did ... went to Yale but the degree was always for the show but not to make any tangible career from it.

Sara was not at Yale