dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

It is less about our show, and more about the time slot of 9-10 pm on TV, where EK's TRP toppers reign for 5+ years now smiley44

Also the fact that it is one-hour means that people who travel to their workplace might catch it on weekends instead smiley24

I feel SO bad for the cast and crew putting their heart and soul into this to get such low rankings smiley19

Wish they took into consideration internet audience and international viewers and they would be on the top smiley27

Edited by nautankitadka - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tvfanatic85 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: nautankitadka

It is less about our show, and more about the time slot of 9-10 pm on TV, where EK's TRP toppers reign for 5+ years now smiley44

Also the fact that it is one-hour means that people who travel to their workplace might catch it on weekends instead smiley24

I feel SO bad for the cast and crew putting their heart and soul into this to get such low rankings smiley19

Wish they took into consideration internet audience and international viewers and they would be on the top smiley27

Putting this show on the 9pm slot was a big mistake.  I mean it is one of the most competitive slots and it is a new show. Plus the makers should have kept it as a half an hour. One hour is too much and in weekdays it is not easy to give so much time over there.

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tvfanatic85

Putting this show on the 9pm slot was a big mistake.  I mean it is one of the most competitive slots and it is a new show. Plus the makers should have kept it as a half an hour. One hour is too much and in weekdays it is not easy to give so much time over there.

When it is competing with primetime news and the Bhagyas it does become VERY difficult to garner TRPs. Additionally even if the publicity of the show was much better compared to the launch of some of the others EDKV2, S9MK etc. and the time limit of 1 hour ensures that everyone gets adequate screenspace, still what is lacking is that the loyal audience on TV will turn on Zee TV no matter what happens. If they take the consideration of those that watch on the SonyLiv App + AirtelThanks + JioTV  + International Audience watching on YouTube, it might actually boost this to be in the Top 10 shows. Also, SonyTV uploads episodes after 48 hours on YouTube and unless you have a subscription, you can watch on SonyLiv also after a certain time-gap tbh, so that makes it almost impossible for people to catch the show on time unless they watch on third-party sites, which then decreases the ratings on TV. I dont know if it makes sense to petition this or not, but very honestly, TRPs seem like a rigged system to me when they are concentrated only in certain channels with large PHs. It is disappointing to see this injustice.

Abjini thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nautankitadka

My suggestion is I wanted the time slot of KUDCA to change into a non competitive slot of 6-7, 7-8 or 11 pm so that it's TRP will increase and also the series should be made 30 minutes since the audience doesn't have much patience to watch a daily soap for 1 hr in Sonysmiley20. 8-9, 9-10 and 10-10:30 slot is very competitive so it is better if the time slot of KUDCA should be changed to a non competitive slot like 11:00 pm which only have PS as a competition so in 11:00 pm slot for 30 minutes KUDCA may get good TRPs. About crime patrol they could changed its time slot to 11:30 pm😊. In this 30 minutes there should alteast be one couple scenes of both the couples and the remaining time should be filled with other characters since they also deserve some  good screenspace👍🏼

girlTalks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I agree with the competition our show is facing. The PH , the channels and the actors all knew what they are up against. I cant understand what made them pick this time slot and that along with 1 hour screen time. May be they dont have any other show lined up so they had to for for 1 hour 😕 

Sony shows anyways get less TRP and our show is at the worst of the times .I am honestly out of ideas on what to do to increase the TRP. Bhagyas and YRkKH have major loyal audience and online TRP doesn't actually translate to real TRP .No matter how much we hype them on SM it  doesnt any way guarantee any reflection in the TRP.

The only way there could be any increase is they change the time slot which right now is impossible as it was agreed on these terms.

I am sorry , I do not see any way for this situation to change. It is really sad and very shameful to see such beautiful show and the hardwork of the whole team does not getting recognition.

If you guys agree on something , I promise I will do whatever I can 

A4Anjie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Digital views should count in trps - we all in my group watch it in weekend (look forward for it every weekend.... is like a movie night 😊)  as we can not have time on weekdays😔.

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abjini

My suggestion is I wanted the time slot of KUDCA to change into a non competitive slot of 6-7, 7-8 or 11 pm so that it's TRP will increase and also the series should be made 30 minutes since the audience doesn't have much patience to watch a daily soap for 1 hr in Sonysmiley20. 8-9, 9-10 and 10-10:30 slot is very competitive so it is better if the time slot of KUDCA should be changed to a non competitive slot like 11:00 pm which only have PS as a competition so in 11:00 pm slot for 30 minutes KUDCA may get good TRPs. About crime patrol they could changed its time slot to 11:30 pm😊. In this 30 minutes there should alteast be one couple scenes of both the couples and the remaining time should be filled with other characters since they also deserve some  good screenspace👍🏼

Agreed. Change in timeslot can really boost up the trps, about the time limit of one hour, I guess it is that way so that they can move towards the Partition and also give us adequate content to relish, but it does make sense for the 30 minute theory too. I wish this show would have just included online and international audience in the measuring of ratings, and SonyTV aired the episodes on YouTube & the main apps immediately rather than after 48 hours. Those precious views can bring us to the top.  

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: girlTalks

I agree with the competition our show is facing. The PH , the channels and the actors all knew what they are up against. I cant understand what made them pick this time slot and that along with 1 hour screen time. May be they dont have any other show lined up so they had to for for 1 hour 😕 

Sony shows anyways get less TRP and our show is at the worst of the times .I am honestly out of ideas on what to do to increase the TRP. Bhagyas and YRkKH have major loyal audience and online TRP doesn't actually translate to real TRP .No matter how much we hype them on SM it  doesnt any way guarantee any reflection in the TRP.

The only way there could be any increase is they change the time slot which right now is impossible as it was agreed on these terms.

I am sorry , I do not see any way for this situation to change. It is really sad and very shameful to see such beautiful show and the hardwork of the whole team does not getting recognition.

If you guys agree on something , I promise I will do whatever I can 

The only thing I can think of is a petition of some sort or a letter addressed to the CVs, Channel, Actors and PH where we bring up this concern and ask them to consider us too maybe? I dont really know either. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: A4Anjie

Digital views should count in trps - we all in my group watch it in weekend (look forward for it every weekend.... is like a movie night 😊)  as we can not have time on weekdays😔.

I completely understand dear, I also prefer to watch it properly on weekends since it airs after 48 hours on YouTube. I usually watch the snippets and come here for discussions 

Phoenix100 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

The major problem is the time slot.... Even star plus isnt able to beat the bhagya shows.... Even the rishta show is running on the same slot... So its next to impossible to get substantial trps in that slot.... Crazy competition is going on between the 3 major channels on prime time... Its better to shift the show to a later slot like 10- 11.