Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rish27 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: moksha89

Finished the series earlier in the week & I'm happy and sad all at once.

It was an amazing journey (one I kind of want to re-experience sooner than later )

I'm going to keep it short because I have to say it was all a whirlwind once this RanVijay business got messy. Then Vijaya came along, and it was like "oh boy," then "okay, it's shaping up," and then it went back to "oh man, when are the Shekawats leaving Rajawat gharana??"

RanVijay track - okay, there was potential here to really delve into the family dynamics and strengthen relationships, but I don't know why they dragged it so long. It also felt like they lost track of the plot and shifted Ranvijay from obsessed father to Vijaya's pawn at the last minute. They had no idea what to do with him because the story got so draggy and skewed. It also highlighted how Rani doesn't really share a lot of her issues/plans with anyone. Lack of communication has been a major issue for RanVeer and only sheer faith & understanding in one another kept them from major problems. 

Jai & RanVijay - ugh, really? How was that brushed under the rug with "Jai was blackmailed?"

Vijaya & Suraj - psycho people are entertaining, but they toned it down because it was a little all over the place and too much after RanVijay. Also, I feel like Ranvijay was ended a little oddly. What about his life pre-coma? He said he had married and has his own property. That he wanted Veer to be his heir... then it all randomly changed. It was so odd. They also made him seem like a problem in the past, but we never got anecdotes of how Ranvijay was problematic. With Vijaya's entry, RanVijay's entire series of episodes and emotions were negated with the reasoning that "RV wanted to help Vijaya usurp Rajawat house." Like what? But it was okay bc I think that phase in the show needed to just be over.

There were a lot of good subplots in the Vijaya track BUT the problem was that it was one person continuously winning and creating all these problems. By the end of it, I felt for Vijaya. She seemed like a child led down the wrong path, I guess. Someone who wanted belonging. She became close and affectionate to those that treated her well. Overall, if the story continued, a well-written realization and redemption track could have been scripted for her. Also, a track where Suraj's spoilt self gets therapy and a better attitude. 

My issue with the Vijaya track is once again ...it dragged. It was one person doing too many things. They could have freshened it up with other random entries creating problems & the Rajawat's working against them. Another annoying thing they continued with was Rani being secretive. I'm glad Veer clearly told her that he felt like a loser or a failure because Rani couldn't trust him. That she didn't share her plan with him. I'm also annoyed that Vikram and Rajmata immediately doubted Rani bc they know her. They know Rani's nature compared to RaniSa - so, how did they think Rani could ever go against them?!

I'm probably glossing over a lot of my thoughts but the last two or three major things I felt was that: 

1) why did they make Kajri coo-coo-cocopuffs? was it really necessary in the ending epis? Poor Vikram & Kiara ... they never get a proper engagement and wedding prep

2) UGH, how could Jai's mom support a man who slaps, cheats and abuses his wife? Why did it go on for so long?! Also, really?? Champa was able to stay in the Rajawat house? Nandini's story felt so incomplete. 

3) The new RaniSa grew on me ðŸ˜†

4) Looks like Fahmy got to be his actual mischievous self in the Vijaya track with all the get-ups, bhang and masti

5) random side note - while RanVeer look great in their new roles ... there's just something so sweet and endearing about their character looks in ATBA. The minimal makeup and less filtered camera shots. I miss Veer's smile lines under his beard and Rani's no-makeup makeup look she sported. Sure, at times, the costume and makeup crew did them dirty with odd styling but overall - it was perfect ðŸ˜³ ATBA also did a ton of BTS masti which were so sweet to watch 

It was a lovely journey, y'all.

I hope one day we see these two in a totally new & fresh concept (honestly, wish we could get the entire cast, but it'll be a far reach ðŸ˜­)

I would love to peep in here & catch up with everyone every so often 

I too want to see them together again 

Rish27 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: moksha89

Hot dang these Veer birth-story epis are good!

🔥 🔥 🔥

Too bad they couldn’t let RaniSa suffer from some karma, for her current bad deeds, an epi or so ðŸ¤£

Only loop hole to the story - how was Rajmata so clueless to RaniSa’s pregnancy and Veer’s true birth story?! ðŸ¤ªðŸ¤£

As soon as ahe was told that veer is ranvijays sons she knew immediately that mom is ranisa. So i always guessed that dikvijay must have lied to rajmatha about rannisa having a stillbirth or something.