Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Kala.Billa

Nobody wants to play the second fiddle 😆

And nobody wants to be overshadowed by some1 who got less screen time and still overshadowed 😉 

But this wasn't the case way back when Amitabh, rishi, shashi, vinod etc. were casted.

Or Neetu, Parveen, shabana, rakhi, hema etc. Insecurities may be

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

They're afraid they'll end up with what Tushar got out of Golmaal.😆 

On a serious note, I would love to watch a multi-starrer drama with SRK and Shahid with two actresses alongside them.

Even I want Deepika, Alia, Ranbir Ranvir etc. Etc.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I'm glad they aren't, because most movies (especially of the pre-nepo eras) are well suited to their original cast, and remaking them with some other people will usually just highlight the flaws of the new cast when compared to the originals...

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: S_H_Y

Rohit shetty told the magazine, "No, the Ram Lakhan remake is not happening. Two stars don't want to work together, they just want to promote each other's films. This young lot, they will tweet for each other, but they will not work with each other."

Rohit added, "The last lot to work together is Ajay Devgn and Akshay Kumar or Abhishek Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan. But the new lot won't work with each other, I don't know why they are insecure of each other? So, now we have just kept it aside. 

Dhoom 2 probably serves as a cautionary tale.

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

its a pain in the A$$ for stars. Every fandom starts to claim the success is their fav's only. How other actor was completely overshadowed by their fav. 

This propoganda goes so far that even media picks it up and asks actors in public events...Actors with better PR acts all coy when putting down fellow collegues. All for a moderate HIT . 

Its a lot of mental energy expended to deal with aggressive PR's from all sides and manging own PR to cushion and counter/defend  along with so many other things.

And if an actor is working with slightly senior Big star ...then have to kiss their A$$ publicly or else fandoms will come out with aukat and records and will be after the star in picture...media will pick this up and keep playing it and twitter trends and rile up fans into hate clubs ...forcing the said Actor to a$$ kiss the older star in public and private. Release articles through PR...and more A$$ kissing still fandoms will cry fowl calling it damage control and get ready to troll actors for their next movies.

Happens everytime.

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Rather than a remake, the writers should come up with a fresh storyline where the lead protagonists are focused with equal treatment. Unfortunately most of the multistarrer films end up focusing only one actor as the lead, which creates conflictions among the fan bases. Even in multistarrer movies like Dil Chahta Hai and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Zoya Akhter ended up focusing only one actor as the lead in each of the films (Aamir Khan and Hrithik Roshan, respectively). Rest of the characters has had their own influence too, but not like Hrithik and Aamir. They became the core of the film. Abhay Deol was nominated as the supporting lead for ZNMD, so definitely it speaks something.

Unfortunately Bollywood is not much capable of making a movie like The Prestige, where both the leads (Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman) got equal space to showcase their performances to the audience. If the Bollywood directors start making movies like this, the actors will show interest to do multistarrers. Ludo is an exception among the recent films, each of the actors got space change to portray their characters. 

So rather than thinking of the remakes, we need fresh new multistarrer movies having meaningful concept.

Edited by ffkhan - 3 years ago
powpow thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ffkhan

Rather than a remake, the writers should come up with a fresh storyline where the lead protagonists are focused with equal treatment. Unfortunately most of the multistarrer films end up focusing only one actor as the lead, which creates conflictions among the fan bases. Even in multistarrer movies like Dil Chahta Hai and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Zoya Akhter ended up focusing only one actor as the lead in each of the films (Aamir Khan and Hrithik Roshan, respectively). Rest of the characters has had their own influence too, but not like Hrithik and Aamir. They became the core of the film. Abhay Deol was nominated as the supporting lead for ZNMD, so definitely it speaks something.

Unfortunately Bollywood is not much capable of making a movie like The Prestige, where both the leads (Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman) got equal space to showcase their performances to the audience. If the Bollywood directors start making movies like this, the actors will show interest to do multistarrers. Ludo is an exception among the recent films, each of the actors got space change to portray their characters. 

So rather than thinking of the remakes, we need fresh new multistarrer movies having meaningful concept.

Mm I don’t know if that’s totally true for ZNMD? I mean, specially from a story and character development/arch perspective.. they all have equal screen time (like to the minute) but more than that, each character has its own leading role "qualities" in their own way in accordance to their “personality”.. don’t know how to describe it properly.. but in short, there isn't a “pack-leader” or only one character/actor with all the typical "lead protagonist" traits.. But then how the awards treated/read it or how the audiences see and box films isn't really the film's fault.. 

DCH, on the other hand, I kinda agree.. and it's pretty evident, like how we don't see much of Sid/Sameer's perspective/story once the Sydney part begins.. but tbf, I think Farhan being a newbie, esp in those times may have had to make some compromises..