Asya TS ~ Pearls of Wisdom ~

Vintage_flow thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello lovelies,

Look at me!!! busting out new stories left, right and centre.

You see, I had been in a little hell of my own last couple weeks, when god decided I needed some wisdom growing out of my jaw.

And the Asya section of my brain was like - MUST WRITE OS- so here we are.

Luckily, I was stubborn enough to live through the pain and avoid the craziness unlike our Zoya here.

So now, that you are well acquainted with my teeth situation,  I hope you all enjoy this very random OS. 

Happy reading 💕

*************************************************************************************

"Pearls of wisdom - Asya OS"

Zoya looked at the freshly stamped visa on her passport and snickered a little.

Mr. Asad Ahmed Khan was a sly sly man.

'I don't break my own rules' she mimicked. She'd have scoffed at him if she wasn't so lovesick. And thankful. After all, he had made it possible for her to stay back in India. A farzi work visa had been issued to her at a lightning pace. All the i's were dotted and t's crossed in meticulously built Jahapanah fashion. He didn't let one detail slip.

Zoya picked up her freshly delivered pizza, ready to chomp down on the cheesy concoction. It was time to celebrate.

"Ow!"

Not again. She looked at her reflection in the mirror distastefully before bursting into some shayari.

"Arz kiya hai,

Kitni intelligent hun main,

It's impossible to keep it hidden.

Kitni intelligent hun main,

It's impossible to keep it hidden.

Aajkal toh har taraf se bahar a rahi hai wisdom"

Shukriya, shukriya" she finished sadly. Looks like a dentist appointment was in the making. Oh, how she hated them! Those monsters with their giant torment machines.

But she better do something quick because the pain was getting too much to bear. She'd already swallowed two pain killers on an empty stomach. Anymore and she'll be a drugged kite.

She hoped and prayed it wasn't the arrival of dreaded wisdom teeth. Last thing she needed right now was a damn extraction surgery.

"It's your wisdom tooth." the dentist announced.

"Do we hxfd tp toke it out?" Zoya garbled with his fingers still stuck in her mouth.

"Yes, we have to take it out" he said in his matter-of-fact voice putting the instruments down. She'd have made a face at him if she wasn't so terrified.

"It is a little more complicated because of the infection you seemed to have developed."

"But I floss every day!" she whined

Dr. Gill smiled at her before continuing "As you should. But the infection is because the erupted tooth seems to be hitting your cheek wall constantly. The wound has been infected because it wasn't treated on time and now it's spread to the back of your mouth."

"Great" Zoya said holding her affected cheek.

"Don't worry, the surgery will be done in no time, two hours maximum. So, should I put you down for tomorrow morning?"

"Wait what? Tomorrow morning?" her brain almost exploded. She. wasn't. ready.... mentally.

"The sooner the better"

"Don't we have to fix the infection first?" she desperately searched for a loophole.

"In your case, no. The impacted tooth is causing it. The sooner we treat it, the quicker your pain relief."

Zoya looked around the beige colored office that screamed torture cell and daunting machinery that amplified her pain.

"Can I talk to my phuphi first?" she whispered defeated

"Of course. But don't take too long to decide young lady."

"Phuphiiiiii" Zoya cried.

"It's okay beta. It's just wisdom teeth. Najma ke toh kabse nikal vaadiye humne. It's not that bad." Okay, it was. So what if she had to lie a little?

"Aur Mr. Khan?" she mumbled through teary eyes.

"Asad ko toh zarurat hi nai padi"

"Clearly" The man was a total dum-dum.

"Zoya" Dilshad smacked her laughingly "I meant they came out perfectly. Mere bete ko badi jaldi akal a gayi thi"

"If you say so phuphi. But you promise you won't leave me alone in there and rescue me if I decide to tap out"

"We will stick with you, no matter what" Najma hugged her smiling. And then shot her Ammi a knowing look. Sorry Zoya but there was no tapping out of this one.

"And make sure Mr. Khan isn't anywhere close in the vicinity."

"Zoya, bhaijaan is driving us there, you know"

"Well then he can go home right after"

"Asad ke hone se kya problem hai beta. I promise who tumhara mazaak bilkul nahi udayega, okay"

Mazaak? Was that the lame excuse she'd told her phuphi. That was the least of her concerns. Knowing her wretched luck, she was sure to blurt something inappropriate under sedation. What...what if she started talking about how glorious his abs were? In front of her phuphi! And poor tamatar, she'd be scarred for the rest of her life. Aur jahapanah toh deewar main hi chinwa denge

And what if ... what if she told them how hopelessly in love she was? Allah Miyan, so much could go wrong.

To top it all off,  there was also his precious Tannu. Properly dressed and made up to the nines. While she would be strapped to a chair looking like a swollen chipmunk. What if he thought she was ugly?

"Zoya...Zoya are you okay" Dilshad asked. She looked as white as paper.

"Just make sure Mr. Khan stays away" she mumbled.

"Will she be okay?"

"Yes, Mr. Khan. The surgery went perfectly. The anaesthesia would wear off in a couple hours. We had to overdose her a bit because of the infection. And not to mention, her body is really susceptible to these drugs, so even if takes longer, please do not worry. The antibiotics prescribed shou..." Dr. Gill continued explaining the medicine chart to Asad as Zoya slowly opened her eyes to two quiet voices. 

Antibiotics, she heard. Sounded like robotics. Must be tamatar talking about that new show.

It wasn't until later she realized, both voices were male. She abruptly opened her eyes as wide as possible to take in the surroundings. The walls moved slightly as her head throbbed and mouth felt numb. She made a noise in the back of her throat.

Her vision was blurred by the ginormous bright light above her until it was blocked by Asad's face.

"Ms. Faaroqui, are you okay? How do you feel? Does it hurt?"

"I know you" she murmured only to close her eyes the next moment.

"Just the sedatives" the doctor explained before Asad could ask.

Dilshad entered then with Najma close in tow, carrying an army of popsicles in both hands.

"Is she okay, doctor? Did she wake up, Asad?"

As the doctor got busy answering for both of them, Asad took the time to focus his attention on the girl in dentist's chair. Why was she so adamant about him leaving today? Did she really believe he would make fun of her pain and discomfort?

"Asad, stay here with Zoya, we'll be right back. And here keep this" Dilshad said handing him the collection of ice cream.

After putting them away into the tiny room fridge, he sat beside her holding her hand ever so slightly. Amazingly enough, her pulse on the monitor jumped a little.

He wouldn't lie ­– she wasn't entirely wrong. Her swollen cheeks did resemble those of a chipmunk. A very cute chipmunk! One that was going to be in much pain after drugs wear off. He didn't like that feeling one bit. He had read up on infected extractions in the past days and knew how excruciating the pain could be. He wished they could somehow switch places.

At least, she would be taken good care of once they were home.

Moments of worry and concern were far and few as the family discovered a new version of Zoya Faaroqui. If Zoya without drugs was funny, Zoya on drugs was hilarious.

As soon as her mind had regained some of its alertness, she decided that it was imperative she thanked the doctor for not killing her. She then proceeded to cry about the lack of pizza in her puffy mouth– a total of four times in their ride home– and called Asad 'obnoxiously handsome' at least seven.

They all thought she'd calmed down a bit as Najma unlocked the main door, when Zoya let out a huge wail in Asad's arms.

"She's not here!" she cried with gauze in her mouth, tears streaming down full force. The words were slurred but her phuphi understood.

"Who's not here, beta?" Dilshad asked.

"Aapi...my aaaapiiii"

As Asad laid her down on the sofa in the living room, Dilshad signalled Najma to make a call

"Zoya" Aapi's loving voice chimed on the phone.

"Aapi? Aapiiii...they took my tongue away" Zeenat managed not to laugh.

"Why do you think that baby?"

"And it was my good tongue too" she sobbed incoherent.

"It's okay we'll get it back baby"

"And now we have to go back tomorrow to get it. How will I put it back?" she exclaimed disturbed.

The careful barrier ceased and people in the living room finally broke into a fit of laughter. It rolled over the walls rest of the day as the gibberish continued...

... "Don't let them charge us phuphi, they never took the teeth out" ... "Maybe I should color my hair purple" ... "Too handsome...he's too handsome" ... "Fishies...there are fishies on the floor"

Asad had no idea when was the last time he had smiled so much. He tried not to dwell too much on the 'too handsome' thing.

It was later in the evening when his Ammi had playfully asked the most handsome man of the house to go check on Zoya. His cheeks burned with embarrassment, but he got up making his way to her door, nonetheless.

Dilshad looked at his back in amazement that he actually listened to her, but then she wasn't really surprised.

Her workaholic son never cancelled meetings, but he did for her surgery. He never broke rules, but he did for her visa.

She had seen him searching articles about tooth extractions and making grocery lists of his own. You'd think she stabbed him when he was told to go home after dropping them off.

Well, watching his nerves tick for a girl was a new fun of its own. He stood solid as rock and refused to budge an inch away from dentist's door.

His hands crossed and uncrossed. Jaw clenched and unclenched.

There was more to what met the eye. And his concern told her that. She couldn't wait to tell Zeenat and Anwar of her plans.

"Ms. Faaroqui?"

"Hiiii Jahapanahs'. How you doing?" It was only when Zoya looked up and said "Hi to you too Mr.Khan" did Asad realize the first time she had been talking to his abs.

"We are all doing good Ms. Faaroqui." he smiled "How do you feel?"

"Better now that I found my tongue" He couldn't keep the chuckle in him any longer. "Ammi sent some juice for you. Sip it nice and slow" He handed her the glass carefully.

"Will you stay with me if I do that?"

Asad froze in surprise "Jee?"

Her words were still slurred but he was sure he understood them correctly. "Will you stay with me if I do that?" she repeated.

"You want me to stay with you?" He had to ask.

"Of course" Zoya smiled goofily.

He wasn't sure what brought the unexpected onset of tears – the pain or pleasure.

Some seconds ticked away before he answered.

"You...you don't know what you speak of Miss Faaroqui" he said serious, intense.

"You don't know me Mr. Khan" she giggled "I know exactly"

"Hey, do I look pretty?" she started abruptly "I worked really hard on my hair today. Tell me, do you think I'm pretty"

"Do I think you're pretty?" he whispered, more to himself

"And don't you lie to me" She didn't let the happy smile slip from her face for one second. But it was when Asad said "I think you're beautiful" did it reach her eyes.

Zoya laughed delighted earning a teary smile from the man in front of her. "You're good" He directed the straw back in her mouth when she kept missing it "You're a good man, Jahapanah. I love..."

His heartbeat seized; breath vanished. "Mr. Khan?"

"Yes"

"Are we home yet?"

He closed his eyes letting out the breath he was holding. "Yes, we are ... home" He meant every word of it.

"You're handsome"

"I know, you already told me that" Asad smiled lovingly

"Are you done with that?" he asked. She nodded and handed him the glass back. "Get some sleep Ms. Faaroqui"

"You'll be here when I wake up?"

It took him a couple seconds to answer her, for he realized the decisions weren't his to make anymore.

"Yes, I'll be here."

She flashed a dimple before her head crashed onto the pillow mumbling something that sounded like "maybe we should adopt a puppy, that'll make you more mellow"

He stood there lost in the moment looking at her swollen face, chapped lips, unruly hair. There wasn't a sight he found more beautiful and there wasn't a place in the world he'd rather be.

The wisdom finally made its place; truth coiled its arms around him to be acknowledged.

He wanted to be there when she woke up. Not because he wished. Because she did. It was one thing wanting to hold her. Another, her wanting to be held.

If she lov...god if she loved him as much as he did...

"Mr. Khan?" a soft voice broke through "It's so great...to have you"

...then his tattered soul would forever wed every piece of her to him.

I really wanted to keep it light and fluffy but I think that ship sailed in the last para XD

Anyway, hope y'all liked it. Till next time ❤️

Link to index

Edited by Vintage_flow - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

friendsall thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Wow wow really a cute cute story...I could entirely visualise....you're one cutie pie writer!!

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: friendsall

Wow wow really a cute cute story...I could entirely visualise....you're one cutie pie writer!!

*blush * *blush* Thank you â¤ď¸ thank you â¤ď¸ Fun fact is I pretty much could visualize the whole thing before I wrote it down, specially the zoya gibberish đŸĽą

sj_qh_kabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

That was such a cute story!! Please please write part 2 for it pleaseeee!! It so deserves that🙈🙈 this was so adorable 😍😍❤️

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutie15

That was such a cute story!! Please please write part 2 for it pleaseeee!! It so deserves that🙈🙈 this was so adorable 😍😍❤️

Thank you❤️ Thank you❤️. I’ll try to do part 2. Lets see if anything good pops up in my brain 😂

sj_qh_kabhi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vintage_flow

Thank you❤️ Thank you❤️. I’ll try to do part 2. Lets see if anything good pops up in my brain 😂

Yayiee😍

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Check it out 😗 😋

Vintage_flow thumbnail

This one's for you @cutie15

Chapter 2

"The epiphany"

“Arghh”

Every section of her face throbbed in discomfort as she tried to get out of bed.

8:15 a.m.? Seriously? She had to be an early damn bird today!

It wasn’t until she got dressed for the day and swallowed some painkillers, she started to feel more human.

“Good morning phuphi” she announced with a croaky voice over the morning table.

Asad’s ears perked behind the newspaper.

“Good morning beta. How do you feel?”

“Umm… okay”

“Zoya?” Dilshad reprimanded

“Okay, it sucks to be me right now”

“Bas thode din aur, phir you’ll feel better than ever”

“That’s the dream” Why won’t he come out of his newspaper ghunghat?

“Good morning Zoya” Najma announced her arrival. “Look, there are fishies on the floor!” While dilshad and Najma giggled, a puzzled Zoya just stared.

“What?” she managed.

“Acha, yeh sab choro. I wanted to show you this” Najma pulled up a picture of some male model on her phone.

“Isn’t he handsome, Zoya?”

She nodded as a matter-of-fact wondering if tamatar had a death wish. She knew her stuck up, tehzeeb-yafta brother was right here…right?

“Zoya, you’re not getting it. He’s so handsome. Too handsome”

Okay?

“Yes, tamatar he is really handsome” she mumbled awkward.

Najma and Dilshad broke out into a fit of laughter right away, and was that Mr. Khan’s newspaper moving? Was he laughing? Were they laughing at her? Uh oh! What did her big mouth blabber?

She muttered grumpily when they were done “Care to explain, anyone”

“Zoya aapko yaad nahi, he is not the only one you think, who’s toooo handsome” Najma teased

She looked at Dilshad perplexed but more dreadful. Dilshad signalled towards her hiding son.

The spoon slipped from her hand and jingled across the kitchen floor. Asad folded his paper down to find a ghost-colored Ms. Faaroqui staring at the floor, mouth wide open.

“Ullu ki pathi” she whispered to herself.

Punch it! That’s right, she wanted to punch his proud, non-swollen face right now.

How could he? How could he remember all the gibberish? If she can forget it, can’t he too? Not fair Allah miyan.

“Look Mr. Khan, please know whatever I said, I wasn’t in my senses. Vaise bhi apne hosh main aapko to koi handsome kehne nai vaala”

Asad eyebrows shot up challenging.

“You also said I had ‘cheekbones of a greek god’”

“Uhhh…”

“And that you could shred cheese on my jaw” Boy, was she an imaginative girl!  She let out a short laugh, amused. But Asad didn’t. He looked on with a smug smile.

“Like I said, I am only here to tell you whatever I might have said, you do not need to take it personally. It’s in the same category as fishies on the floor” Zoya lied with ease.

His smile vanished.

So, you don’t like that Jahapanah, do you?

She didn’t know why she started to clarify. “I mean you are…but…it’s whatever…yeah whatever”

Asad’s eyebrows wiggled together and a crease formed on his forehead as Zoya abruptly walked away.

“She’s just so weird”

“Aur iss weird ki tumhe bahut jaldi aadat padne vaali hai”

“Ammi?”

“You cannot be serious”

“Oh, I very much am. I’ve even talked to Anwar and Zeenat” She had to be kidding. How did she…how could she…know?

“If not you, then Zoya’s handsome talk was enough for me to figure out what’s going on here”

“Ammi, you have to be kidding. She was under major anaesthesia. For all we know, she was hallucinating”

“Mr. Asad Ahmed Khan, you don’t just invent fake visa for a guest and the guest doesn’t just agree to stay back.”

“Ammi, we both did it for you”

Dilshad scoffed “Kise buddhu bana rahe ho, mujhe ya khudko. Get real, Asad. Ye hichkichane ka waqt nahi hai.”

“Ammi…”

“Look, maine Anwar aur Zeenat ko bula liya hai. Ab ya toh Zoya ka nikaah teh hoga, ya uska New York jana, you decide”

Asad looked out his window to find a trace of storm inside him. But the evening sky was clear. He closed his eyes as the setting sun reflected off his face.

What was he going to do?

He can’t let Zoya go. That was simply out of question. The rush her words left hadn’t let him sleep all night. The daydreams had morphed into night ones – memories of it still buzzing in his brain, still bustling.

Ammi had invited her family. Why would they possibly let her stay behind if there wasn’t a solid reason. There was no excuse big enough – except for one. Why did they have to be universes apart?!

“Bhaijaan” a knock brought him back.

“Tamatar? Everything ok” She looked…agitated. Was Zoya okay?

“I know you probably don’t want to talk to me about this. Shayad mera kehna bhi nahi banta but I couldn’t stop myself after Ammi told me about you and…Zoya”

Asad closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “I am your brother, tumhara kehne ka har hakk banta hai”

“Bhaijaan, I…I love Zoya. We all do. You’ll give me the best gift by making her my bhabhi”

Asad’s heart skipped a beat hearing the words. His tamatar had never openly declared her decisions in front of him before. Something he had come to regret. But Zoya had managed to change that.

“I’ll…I’ll think about it” he choked up a little.

“Thank you” she replied as a smile lit up her hopeful, tear-filled eyes.

“Ms. Faaroqui?” he said for the fourth time. He had been knocking since the last ten minutes. Where was this girl?

“Ms. Faaroqui?” He decided to enter regardless.

“Ms. Faaro…Zoya?... Zoya?!” his body kickstarted into panic as he saw her bent by the bed, propped on the floor.

“Are you okay?” he held her by the shoulders.

“Can’t…see” she managed to breath out.

There were no more questions asked. He took her into his arms at once and bolted out the door at full speed.

Without heed to the road or traffic, the car moved thrashly on the highway, reaching the hospital in no time.

“Emergency…fainted…infection” he barked at the staff between breaths.

It was only until the ward boy forcibly stopped him from stepping inside, he realized he needed to call his Ammi.

“Boliye Asad Miya, kuch kaha ki nahi Zoya se?”

He breathed emotional into the phone “We are at the hospital Ammi. I found her on the floor”

“KYA?!”

Asad’s fingers felt numb. If not for his tight hold on the metal chair, he would barge through the little door any moment.

It had been twenty-two whole minutes. Why weren’t they coming out?

She was going to be fine. Everything went perfect yesterday. The infection was taken care of, then why…

“Mr. Khan?”

He shot up from the chair in haste; scaring the doctor.

“What happened? Is she okay? Is it nerve damage?”

“Please calm down, sir. She’s perfectly fine. It’s not nerve damage.” The blood in his veins pulsed a little easier.

“She had been taking an excessive dose of painkillers with nearly no food in her system. She fainted because of low- blood sugar and well the pain is unfortunately normal. I have prescribed her opioids, just see that she keeps her sugar up. You can take her home once she regains full consciousness.” The doctor patted him lightly on the shoulder as he walked away “Take it easy, your wife is fine”

Wife? Why didn’t it sound wrong like it did in his head? Asad pushed the door and thought aside.

She was groaning in pain when he entered. His hands fluttered helplessly. They landed on pulling the covers snug around her.

There was commotion outside, patients constantly moving in and out. Nobody could have heard the barely audible voice in the din of chaos – nobody except him.

“Asad”

His eager hand took her feeble one in his “I’m here”

“Hmm” she visibly relaxed.

The past minutes had brought on a simple message with them and it rang clear in Asad’s mind with each tick of time. He couldn’t see her in pain. Wouldn’t.

He looked at their entwined hands. If his hold is what she wanted, so be it. If his soul is what she wanted, so be it.

All feelings in the universe surged though his being at once, as the decision grew firmer and firmer.

Dilshad swung the door open, panic written all over her face. After she was done with how’s and what’s, her gaze fell on a pair of hands. She looked at Asad pleasantly surprised. He withdrew his hand conscious.

Zoya noticed the movement and realized they had been holding hands all this time. One word for you Zoya Faaroqui. EMBARRASSING! First, she had to be fainting beauty in front of Jahapanah and now this. Although, her half-awake mind didn’t fail to discern the difference in his gaze.

And so, the next week passed in all awe and wonder.

Hope wrapped around her heart like a lone vine did to its support. She couldn’t fathom the reality of it all. His eyes didn’t hide when they looked at her. Lips moved with words of care and concern only.

Maybe calling him handsome had done the trick. But the Jahapanah wasn’t a Jahapanah no more. At least not to her.

Was it because her Aapi and Jeeju were here? No, no he wasn’t a fake.

Zoya knew it sounded ridiculous, but she was thankful she hadn’t seen this side of him before. Weeks would have merged into mere seconds before she slipped and patented her heart to him.

Wait, was it pity? Did she have some sort of disease only he knew about?! Oh god.

“Zoya?”

“Phuphi?” She was still coming down from her horrible high. Wondering, praying.

Dilshad closed the door softly behind her, her fingers crossed underneath the dupatta. “I need to talk to you about …Asad” she gently announced.

Zoya’s eyes widened. Looks like she was about to find out, after all!

I know, I know, it's not too lovey dovey and it's open -ended but I intended to keep it that way. The rest of convo is for Zoya to find out and You to imagine. Spoiler alert: My asya always ends up together :D

Also, omg omg they announced the date for qh, can't wait!  And ofcourse,

See ya soon with a new story ❤️

sj_qh_kabhi thumbnail

Thank you thank you for writing a second part😍😍 Her embarrassment was hilarious and Asad enjoyed it fully😍😍Loved his concern for her❤️ Awesome job😘🔥

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutie15

Thank you thank you for writing a second part😍😍 Her embarrassment was hilarious and Asad enjoyed it fully😍😍Loved his concern for her❤️ Awesome job😘🔥

you’re welcome ❤️ Glad you liked it 😊😊😊😊🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰