Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cygnet9 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Good Afternoon Rainbow Friends😊

Hope everything will be positive for Branka & Nado so that we can see a big smile on their face. 

Have a good day🤗

Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Hi my dear friends, hope all our friends and families are fine and doing well.🤗 

Waiting to hear a good word from our Nado and Branka. ❤️❤️

Nice quotes Padmaja. 🤗

Sutapasima, your success is always an occasion of celebration for all your rainbow friends. 🤗

Vimaa, your good wishes always protect us from all sorts of difficulties in life.🤗 

Madi, good luck with the Mere Sai Banner Contest, good efforts you are investing there.👏

Edited by Avyakta - 3 years ago
vibraj thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Good morning!

So nice to see Avi with her kind words for everyone!

Madi is doing good work in the almost defunct Mere Sai forum. The show is running from over three years and has its loyal viewership but guess not the type who come to IF and post, basically not youngsters type following hence the forum is quiet. In the past some brave girls did try to move it but due to lack of response it stopped.  Let's see, I cannot make banners but can post good quotes of Sai available on the net. Good work Madi👏, someone once told me, when I was working on a book on Sai, that if  you are doing something on Sai, good things will happen in your life, so hope Madi, good things will happen to you too❤️. So too to Avi for trying to contribute to that forum❤️

Have a good day everyone, always be safe,be blessed!!🤗

Viswasruti thumbnail

Good morning friends. Have a great day. 🤗

Positive Morning Quotes | related pictures posts related to good morning  quotes for him Car ..… | Positive good morning quotes, Good morning quotes,  Good day quotes

--------------   

Highly experienced FFEs andFFGs working tirelessly to showcase talent with erudite narratives by proficient writers to flung open the windows to a parallel universe in the new Fanfiction section.

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction

Edited by Viswasruti - 3 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: cygnet9

Good Afternoon Rainbow Friends😊

Hope everything will be positive for Branka & Nado so that we can see a big smile on their face. 

Have a good day🤗

Good morning Padma. Have a nice day. 🤗

Lovely Good Morning Sms- True Love Words | Good morning quotes, Good  morning beautiful quotes, Special good morning

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Avyakta

Hi my dear friends, hope all our friends and families are fine and doing well.🤗 

Waiting to hear a good word from our Nado and Branka. ❤️❤️

Nice quotes Padmaja. 🤗

Sutapasima, your success is always an occasion of celebration for all your rainbow friends. 🤗

Vimaa, your good wishes always protect us from all sorts of difficulties in life.🤗 

Madi, good luck with the Mere Sai Banner Contest, good efforts you are investing there.👏

Good night Avi. Happy seeing you here with us. 🤗

150 Good Morning Quotes — Inspirational Good Morning Quotes

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: vibraj

Good morning!

So nice to see Avi with her kind words for everyone!

Madi is doing good work in the almost defunct Mere Sai forum. The show is running from over three years and has its loyal viewership but guess not the type who come to IF and post, basically not youngsters type following hence the forum is quiet. In the past some brave girls did try to move it but due to lack of response it stopped.  Let's see, I cannot make banners but can post good quotes of Sai available on the net. Good work Madi👏, someone once told me, when I was working on a book on Sai, that if  you are doing something on Sai, good things will happen in your life, so hope Madi, good things will happen to you too❤️. So too to Avi for trying to contribute to that forum❤️

Have a good day everyone, always be safe,be blessed!!🤗

Good morning Vibha, have a wonderful day.🤗 

Swetha asked me to take initiative to adorn Banner in that forum. When I contacted Shruti, I was apprehensive, whether she will answer or not because she will check the forum and will realize the hibernation position of that forum since long. But surprisingly she was there to help and with a few questions, which I answered, got her nod to move forward in that aspect. Sai did all this Vibha as you mentioned. 

Quotes One day everything will make sense. Until then, keep the vibe up. |  Quotes you are amazing, Really like you quotes, Always love you quotes

Viswasruti thumbnail

While searching for something, I have got this info regarding our BV . I have to read it, but posting here, I will read later. 

Balika Vadhu

An Indian television series that airs every Monday to Friday at 8pm on Colors TV, it deals with child marriage that had been a prevalent practice in several parts of India continuing even today in many rural place. 

The serial focuses on the character Anandi , who was married off in her childhood and traces her journey through all kinds of situations down from adolescence to adulthood. Within the main plot

concerning the story of Anandi in the house of her in-laws and how she epitomizes all the virtues that

define an „ideal bahu‟ in Indian society ,there has been various subplots concerning other women (mainly those suffering such evil practices as child marriage or being child-widows) and their journey towards emancipation. 

Among many such subplots that have added on to the bulk of this serial, there is the plot

concerning the marriage of Jagdeesh (the person with whom Anandi was married off at an early age and together they spent their childhood and adolescence through many a colorful lane) and Gauri ( another girl who was married to Jagdeesh in her childhood forcibly by Jagdeesh‟s grandmother, the powerful matriarch Kalyani Devi) .This subplot is my concern-primarily because of the way Gauri is presented as a wicked home-breaker, a villainous woman tyrannically destroying Anandi‟s life. True it is that Gauri should not have married Jagdeesh even after knowing the truth that he is the same man to whom she was married in her childhood; this would have an apt protest against the cruelties of society that seals the fate of many a hapless woman. 

But then again, with her very choice of marrying the person with whom she has fallen in love as an adult, within the legal-precincts she projects her strong individuality. It is Jagdeesh who

hides his true identity from his fellow friends in the medical college where he studies and later works, it is he who decides to leave Anandi and marrying Gauri decides to leave Jetsar and settle down in

Mumbai , it is he who toys with the emotions of all those who raised him up -but ultimately at the end

of the day, it is Gauri who is presented as the fountain-head of all problems. Is it not natural for a

pregnant woman, to feel insecure to see her husband get friendly with his first wife? Is it not naturall for her to expect a happily married life as much as Anandi deserves it? Then why is the focus always on how well Anandi conforms to all the stereotypes that characterize a „good woman‟ - Anandi as the dutiful daughter-in-law taking care of the household, Anandi as the „sarpanch bitiya‟ of the village and a faithful wife who remains mum even when her husband leaves her and goes away? Is it because media still wishes to cater to that India which deifies its women who emblematize self-sacrifice and vilifies those who try to assert an independent voice of their own? From the survey that I conducted, I came to know that a large section of the audience (of this serial) are home-makers who too are constricted (very often) within the territories of their home.So they can very well sympathize with poor Anandi suffering the brutality from her „sautan‟ Gauri-they have absolute pathos for Anandi who had left her studies midway (willingly) for serving her in-laws better and now, with her life in ruins attempts to bring enlightenment in the villagers by spreading literacy. 

But what about Gauri? Even after having a definite identity of her own as a medical practitioner and the legal wife of Jagdeesh , she is always „represented‟ as the “Other” woman in the „happy-life‟ of Jagdeesh-Anandi when it is a fact that much like Anandi, she too had to bear the brunts of  a social malpractice. This division of projection, of presentation, makes it clear once again that more often

media attempts to fall back to propagating ingrained stereotypical notions and securing their own

positions. My analysis is that the prime reason for the differential presentation of these two women

characters lies in the basic inculcated truth amongst Indian women (mostly rural ) that , to be considered a „good woman‟ you need to choke your own desires and conform to the expectations that society holds for you. And this is precisely the same reason that even after proposing to voice out against the social malpractices that ostracize a woman, this serial too resorts to catering to popular expectations i.e. project the „other woman‟ (Gauri) as a scheming plotter and erase out the mistakes committed by the man in question (Jagdeesh ) so as to bring back the idealized, publicized and glorified concept of a home. 

Even when the fountain-head of all problems is Jagdeesh himself, it is Gauri, the pregnant wife of Jagdeesh who is given a cold shoulder by her in-laws (who favours Anandi) ,it is she who suffers torments and is denied the very little shred of sympathy. This cementing of faultlines that are often very much palpable , so as to secure its audience, questions the very productivity of media‟s „truthful‟ representation of the women.

Edited by Viswasruti - 3 years ago
vibraj thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

While searching for something, I have got this info regarding our BV . I have to read it, but posting here, I will read later. 

Balika Vadhu

An Indian television series that airs every Monday to Friday at 8pm on Colors TV, it deals with child marriage that had been a prevalent practice in several parts of India continuing even today in many a rural

place. The serial focuses on the character Anandi , who was married off in her childhood and traces her

journey through all kinds of situations down through adolescence to adulthood. Within the main plot

concerning the story of Anandi in the house of her in-laws and how she epitomizes all the virtues that

define an „ideal bahu‟ in Indian society ,there has been various subplots concerning other women (mainly

those suffering such evil practices as child marriage or being child-widows) and their journey towards

emancipation. Among many such subplots that have added on to the bulk of this serial, there is the plot

concerning the marriage of Jagdeesh (the person with whom Anandi was married off at an early age and

together they spent their childhood and adolescence through many a colourful lane) and Gauri ( another

girl who was married to Jagdeesh in her childhood forcibly by Jagdeesh‟s grandmother, the powerful

matriarch Kalyani Devi) .This subplot is my concern-primarily because of the way Gauri is presented as a

wicked home-breaker, a villainous woman tyrannically destroying Anandi‟s life. True it is that Gauri

should not have married Jagdeesh even after knowing the truth that he is the same man to whom she was

married in her childhood; this would have an apt protest against the cruelties of society that seals the fate

of many a hapless woman. But then again, with her very choice of marrying the person whom she has

fallen in love as an adult, within the legal-precincts she projects her strong individuality. It is Jagdeesh who

hides his true identity from his fellow friends in the medical college where he studies and later works, it

is he who decides to leave Anandi and marrying Gauri decides to leave Jetsar and settle down in

Mumbai , it is he who toys with the emotions of all those who raised him up -but ultimately at the end

of the day, it is Gauri who is presented as the fountain-head of all problems. Is it not natural for a

pregnant woman to feel insecure to see her husband get friendly with his first wife? Is it not naturall for

her to expect a happily married life as much as Anandi deserves it? Then why is the focus always on

how well Anandi conforms to all the stereotypes that characterize a „good woman‟ - Anandi as the dutiful

daughter-in-law taking care of the household, Anandi as the „sarpanch bitiya‟ of the village and a faithful

wife who remains mum even when her husband leaves her and goes away? Is it because media still

wishes to cater to that India which deifies its women who emblematise self-sacrifice and vilifies them who

try to assert an independent voice of their own? From the survey that I conducted I came to know that a

large section of audience (of this serial) are home-makers who too are constricted (very often) within the

territories of their home.So they can very well sympathise with poor Anandi suffering the brutality from

her „sautan‟ Gauri-they have absolute pathos for Anandi who had left her studies midway (willingly) for

serving her in-laws better and now, with her life in ruins attempts to bring enlightenment in the villagers

by spreading literacy. But what about Gauri? Even after having a definite identity of her own as a medical

practitioner and the legal wife of Jagdeesh , she is always „represented‟ as the “Other” woman in the

„happy-life‟ of Jagdeesh-Anandi when it is a fact that much like Anandi, she too had to bear the brunts of 

a social malpractice. This division of projection, of presentation makes it clear once again that more often

media attempts to fall back to propagating ingrained stereotypical notions and securing their own

positions. My analysis is that the prime reason for the differential presentation of these two women

characters lies in the basic inculcated truth amongst Indian women (mostly rural ) that , to be considered a

„good woman‟ you need to choke your own desires and conform to the expectations that society holds for

you. And this is precisely the same reason that even after proposing to voice out against the social

malpractices that ostracize a woman , this serial too resorts to catering to popular expectations i.e. project

the „other woman‟ (Gauri) as a scheming plotter and erase out the mistakes committed by the man in

question (Jagdeesh ) so as to bring back the idealized , publicized and glorified concept of a home. Even

when the fountain-head of all problems is Jagdeesh himself, it is Gauri, the pregnant wife of Jagdeesh

who is given a cold shoulder by her in-laws (who favours Anandi) ,it is she who suffers torments and is

denied the very little shred of sympathy. This cementing of faultlines that are often very much palpable ,

so as to secure its audience, questions the very productivity of media‟s „truthful‟ representation of the

women.

Basically a summary and perspective of BV!

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: vibraj

Basically a summary and perspective of BV!

Will read it later , after posting the Mere Sai BC post there. 

The headline is how ITV is trying to present woman characters to the viewers.