Rajshree Thakur clearify on Quitting Shaadi Mubarak

Shona1991 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Actress Rajshree Thakur had made a comeback on TV with Shaadi Mubarak, co-starring Manav Gohil.

Rajshree Thakur on Quitting Shaadi Mubarak: I Just Wanted Them to Reduce My Working Hours

Actress Rajshree Thakur, best-known for playing the role of Saloni Singh in Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar, had made a comeback on TV with Shaadi Mubarak, co-starring Manav Gohil. However, she quit the daily soap within two months due to long working hours.

In an interview with Times Of India, the actress said, “There weren’t any differences (with makers). I just wanted them to reduce my working hours so that I could manage both work and home effectively but they felt it was not possible as I was playing the lead role. However, now I am ready to get back to work. Everything has opened up now and I also have support at home to look after my daughter. At that time, leaving my daughter for so long did not seem fair.”

The actress added, “I was aware of the long working hours when I was making a comeback but I felt I could manage it. The role was so meaty that I could not say no to it.”

The actress also said that she doesn't know Rati Pandey, who has replaced her in the show. Also that she didn't get a chance to watch the show at all.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shivanya108 thumbnail

Oh man...now I miss her more..not that rati pandey isnt amazing..but og will always be og

chinnu_kaku thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

what is this..i am sure the media is changing her words😆she could have kept a help before joining shaadi mubaarak.she want to work again,it seems she is a confised soul.

Deepika18767 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Saara show barbaad kar diya after her quitting 

chinnu_kaku thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deepika18767

Saara show barbaad kar diya after her quitting 

she wants to work again..seriously😡i am angry on both rajshree and the makers..show ko barbaadh kardiya..

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Well tbh she really should have considered and thought about all of this seriously before signing... you can’t really blame the makers and PH if the actress wanted to quit for the reasons listed above. Makers aren’t able decrease a FL’s screen space.. they are required at almost all scenes so can’t blame them. Rajshree should have thought about it before... this is all completely on her tbh. 
Though I like Rajshree and she was a good choice for Preeti... now I wish they would have gotten Rati from the beginning 🤷🏻‍♀️.... nonetheless, Rati is doing a fabulous job playing Preeti. She’s a great actress. Her chemistry with Manav is just amazing ☺️❤️

rdrp17 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: YoungHeart

Well tbh she really should have considered and thought about all of this seriously before signing... you can’t really blame the makers and PH if the actress wanted to quit for the reasons listed above. Makers aren’t able decrease a FL’s screen space.. they are required at almost all scenes so can’t blame them. Rajshree should have thought about it before... this is all completely on her tbh. 
Though I like Rajshree and she was a good choice for Preeti... now I wish they would have gotten Rati from the beginning 🤷🏻‍♀️.... nonetheless, Rati is doing a fabulous job playing Preeti. She’s a great actress. Her chemistry with Manav is just amazing ☺️❤️

I completely agree. I don't blame the PH here. Had Rati been the FL since the start it would have made a huge difference to the show. And I'm loving Rati-Manav's chemistry.❤️

chinnu_kaku thumbnail

Originally posted by: YoungHeart

what is the use of that chemistry? they ruined the story..for me shaadi mubaarak is trio of kusum-preethi-kt friendship. rajshree was soul of the show and story..rati may be beautiful,good actor and have chemistry also good..but for me rajshree was bestbin preeti role.

i never wanted to see preeti getting married..sab barbaad kardiya.. 

Now shaadi mubaarak is closed for me...

i am watching a new show called pati pani aur woh😆..

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: chinnu_kaku

what is the use of that chemistry? they ruined the story..for me shaadi mubaarak is trio of kusum-preethi-kt friendship. rajshree was soul of the show and story..rati may be beautiful,good actor and have chemistry also good..but for me rajshree was bestbin preeti role.

Story would have still been ruined had Rajshree been on the show. The story would have been the same. KeerTi would have gotten married in the same fashion even with Rajshree as Preeti. They did all that for TRP... you should know this about ITV shows, happens for all ITV shows 😆

I didn’t wanna see KeerTi get married so soon either lol... but this is ITV and you can’t expect anything better tbh. Rajshree hoti toh bhi KeerTi would have been married lol. 

Yeah Rajshree was great Lekin what are you gonna do if she wants to quit the show? 🤔 ... Makers have to get a replacement ready na? They have a show to run. I think sometimes audience don’t seem to understand that running a TV show is their job lol... there are 1000s of crew working to make a show. It’s their bread and butter. The show has to go on 🤔. 

Of course the story is haywire right now, but still not completely ruined. They can still get back on track after this Nandini track is over which it will be this week. Let’s hope the show focuses back on SM and KeerTi. 

I applaud Rati for taking on a replacement role for the show and giving her own nuances to the chr and giving more depth to Preeti’s chr. She’s the best replacement they could have found and she’s doing a brilliant job. There is no point fretting over the fact that org FL left... she ain’t coming back... Tbh, show was only 50 episode old when Rajshree left so it didn’t make as much of a difference. Audience move on as well.  Just saying, there is no point fretting over it 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Edited by YoungHeart - 3 years ago
rdrp17 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chinnu_kaku

But marriage was gonna happen at some point of time, its obvious. It was always portrayed as a mature love story and not a friendship show. It was a  tale of discovering self-respect, friendship and love between the main leads.  I agree KeerTi-Kusum friendship was the sole eye-catcher initially, but that was just the base of the show. For the story to progress and considering they had said its a social show alongwith some hint of romance, they had to progress to marriage. I don't think any ITV show has survived without romance and marriage, and this is SP that we're talking about.

And as Youngheart pointed out, the script would have been the same irrespective of Rajshree been there or not. Initially people were assuming that she left bcos of differences with creatives, but she herself has clarified time and again it was due to her personal problems. She herself accepted in one of the interviews that Preeti's role was very meaty hence she took it up. Hence its wrong to blame the makers here.

And what I don't get is people associating the change in script and Rajshree's exit. It was just a co-incidence. IMO the show hasn't been ruined.. yes the script was rushed a bit with a lot of drama, but Rati has been exceptionally well as Preeti. I definitely wanted this to be a romantic story alongwith SM company as a parallel track. So the chemistry between the leads is very important for a viewer like me. I probably wouldn't have continued with it had it been just a social show cos it gets preachy beyond a point. But I get that everyone has different opinions and taste.

And anyways we always have the option to switch the channel if we don't like a show. There's plenty of drama going on in all ITV shows😊

Edited by rdrp17 - 3 years ago