Did Sunny Deol had a bigger peak in stardom compared to Khans?

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

I'm not talking about the overall career. But the peak of their respective stardoms. By peak, I mean the highest level of stardom they ever reached.

Did Sunny Deol had a bigger peak in stardom than the Khans, even if it was momentarily?

Because Gadar - Ek Prem Katha (Sunny's biggest Hit) is a bigger Blockbuster than Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (SRK's biggest Hit) and Raja Hindustani (Aamir's biggest Hit).

Although Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (Salman's biggest Hit) is a bigger Blockbuster than Gadar....HAHK also starred Madhuri, who was a bigger Star than Salman at that time.

Infact, all the actresses played a huge role in the success of the biggest Hits of the three Khans.

Kajol also deserves credit for the success of DDLJ along with SRK.

Karisma also deserves credit for the success of Raja Hindustani along with Aamir.

And without any doubt Madhuri deserves credit for the success of HAHK along with Salman.

But when it comes to Gadar, it was completely a Sunny Deol show. Ameesha Patel was no crowd puller.

Gadar is not even considered a classic like HAHK or DDLJ.

So do you think Khans have never ever reached that peak or level of stardom which Sunny Deol enjoyed even for just a moment?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

So do you think Khans have never ever reached that peak or level of stardom which Sunny Deol enjoyed even for just a moment?

Would they want that fleeting moment. Or would they wanna stay relevant. I mean SRK hasn't had a hit in some years but he's more relevant than Sunny I think since 2002 😆

MrsLima thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I don’t think so 

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Since gadar has sunny deol delivered any blockbusters after that ? 

His peak period was 1989 to 2001. with Gadar 2001 being his last major hit. 

I personally think his career is over now, I was just looking at his profile, he literary has no movies coming up or even planned, that means he will be out of work for at least 2-3 years, in the last 10 years he has only done 4-5 movies which have failed

MrsLima thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think his style of acting and the way he looks in general is a very dated, and niche thing to be. He seems to have been forever stuck in that 80e rowdy - village guy or overtly aggressive/villain with a good heart type of thing very cliche, very old school and very 80’s. Even his partial toon and portrayal in Jeet was do very 80s instead of mid 90s. While we have been making fun of the Khans, Ajay and Akshay since the 2010s for working with actresses decades younger than themselves - they for the most part they have developed or rebranded/adapted to the changing times whereas people like Sunny have completely missed the train and time has not been kind either. The Deols also seem to be entitled and foul spirited didn’t Bobby also bad mouth ppl for the disaster that was Race3 claiming he got the shorter end of the stick? When he should have been happy he got roped in to begin with considering he is a nobody? That doesn’t sit well with folks either, same case with Govinda tbh . 

Muskie thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Yes, I think so. His career was very good and his fan following too👍🏼

My phuppu told me sunny was very very much famous in her times, she wrote a letter to him and he wrote her back. She still has that latter with her

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I will choose Gadar, Ghatak, Ziddi, Ghayal, Farz, Vishwatama, Salakhein, and so many of his other movies over HAHK/KKHH/DDLJ.

I grew up watching Sunny Deol, Sunil Shetty, Akshay Kumar, Govinda movies. I watched DDLJ 10 years after it's release. 

Anika80 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

I'm not talking about the overall career. But the peak of their respective stardoms. By peak, I mean the highest level of stardom they ever reached.

Did Sunny Deol had a bigger peak in stardom than the Khans, even if it was momentarily?

Because Gadar - Ek Prem Katha (Sunny's biggest Hit) is a bigger Blockbuster than Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (SRK's biggest Hit) and Raja Hindustani (Aamir's biggest Hit).

Although Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (Salman's biggest Hit) is a bigger Blockbuster than Gadar....HAHK also starred Madhuri, who was a bigger Star than Salman at that time.

Infact, all the actresses played a huge role in the success of the biggest Hits of the three Khans.

Kajol also deserves credit for the success of DDLJ along with SRK.

Karisma also deserves credit for the success of Raja Hindustani along with Aamir.

And without any doubt Madhuri deserves credit for the success of HAHK along with Salman.

But when it comes to Gadar, it was completely a Sunny Deol show. Ameesha Patel was no crowd puller.

Gadar is not even considered a classic like HAHK or DDLJ.

Salman at his big peak between 2010/2017 had 8 blockbuster 1 all time bb 1 hit and just 1 semi hit and 1 below average. So no sunny deol peak wasn't at level of Salman 

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Would they want that fleeting moment. Or would they wanna stay relevant. I mean SRK hasn't had a hit in some years but he's more relevant than Sunny I think since 2002 😆

This is not the answer to my question. What they want, they only know that.

Originally posted by: SRK_Deewani92

Since gadar has sunny deol delivered any blockbusters after that ? 

Another counter question. Answer is none. Now could you answer my question?

Originally posted by: jeetuji

His peak period was 1989 to 2001. with Gadar 2001 being his last major hit. 

I personally think his career is over now, I was just looking at his profile, he literary has no movies coming up or even planned, that means he will be out of work for at least 2-3 years, in the last 10 years he has only done 4-5 movies which have failed

His career is over. There is no doubt in that.

The career of Khans would also be over one day.

Koi bhi amrit pee kar nahi aaya hain, that their career would run for eternity.

But my question is, was his peak above the peak of Khans?

Originally posted by: Anika80

Salman at his big peak between 2010/2017 had 8 blockbuster 1 all time bb 1 hit and just 1 semi hit and 1 below average. So no sunny deol peak wasn't at level of Salman 

But none of those Blockbusters were even close to the success which Gadar got.