Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aleyamma47 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Chill_Maar

IMHO, both male and female characters should be given equal importance. In most of the shows it's usually the FLs who is doing jasoosi, solving problems of every creature in the universe and the MLs reduced to mere furnitures. Such one sided stories and super human bahus aren't relatable at all! Both MLs and FLs should be humans who do mistakes and learn from them but in ITV it's almost blasphemy to show a FL as flawed character.

Totally agreed👍🏼

I think it is the gold digging formula of some of the PHs to get more viewerships!

Like RS did it in her SNS1, where the two fathers of the two MLs were just meant listen and obey the commands of the GREAT KOKILA MODI. When in real life it is next to impossible for a WOMAN to rule a house like that.

Same is done with Abhishek Prem Mehra of Kumkum by EK, Abhi is constantly shown DUMB and FLAWED to hype the flaws of the lady Pragya.

Aur toh aur, whatever FLAWS Pragya does are shown to be ALL BECAUSE of Abhi

Seriously, this RS & EK are some of the PHs who create such wrong ideas.

I am not saying that others don't do, of course even Gul and Shahi too do that!

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Aleyamma47

@green Agreed, which is why I also said Men too watch daily soaps.

@red Honestly, I too meant the same, just that I was not that clear when I wrote my point. Yes, there should be shows which are male-centric and shows which give equal importance but ONLY that MALE-CENTRIC should not become the ONLY THING of ITV.

Because we already have a much more famous FILM INDUSTRY which is already dominated by men, so why should the same happen in ITV?

They won't become only thing on TV but women too should not be only thing on TV. Most PH only highlight women doing everything while men not using their brain. Only Hats Off, Peninsula, Triangle Films, Edit 2, Optimystix PH shows male-centric shows or shows where both men and women get proper importance.

Aleyamma47 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Juhi_04

They won't become only thing on TV but women too should not be only thing on TV. Most PH only highlight women doing everything while men not using their brain. Only Hats Off, Peninsula, Triangle Films, Edit 2, Optimystix PH shows male-centric shows or shows where both men and women get proper importance.

Same thing is happening in the FILM INDUSTRY, where MEN are literally THE GODS, very rarely  WOMEN-CENTRIC FILMS are made in India.

That is why ITV was made targeting the WOMEN AUDIENCE.

Even in SPORTS, WOMENS' CRICKET, HOCKEY OR ANY OTHER SPORT is promoted half the amount the MENS' SPORTS OF THE SAME CATEGORY ARE!

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Aleyamma47

Same thing is happening in the FILM INDUSTRY, where MEN are literally THE GODS, very rarely  WOMEN-CENTRIC FILMS are made in India.

That is why ITV was made targeting the WOMEN AUDIENCE.

Even in SPORTS, WOMENS' CRICKET, HOCKEY OR ANY OTHER SPORT is promoted half the amount the MENS' SPORTS OF THE SAME CATEGORY ARE!

This problem is happening only from 10-11 years. Otherwise before that in most movies leads were given proper screen space. 

Still TV should not be only women dominated. All should be given proper importance. Like you gave examples of SNS and KKB how that treat MLs. And in Gul shows, ML power is only shown to torture FLs and make them homeless without money to make them their slaves otherwise other times they are shown brainless. 

Aleyamma47 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Juhi_04

This problem is happening only from 10-11 years. Otherwise before that in most movies leads were given proper screen space. 

Still TV should not be only women dominated. All should be given proper importance. Like you gave examples of SNS and KKB how that treat MLs. And in Gul shows, ML power is only shown to torture FLs and make them homeless without money to make them their slaves otherwise other times they are shown brainless. 

@orange - No you are wrong, being a literature student and having studied about INDIAN CINEMA & INDIAN FILM INDUSTRY

I am 100% sure that INDIAN FILM INDUSTRY is DOMINATED BY MEN since it's INCEPTION

And it did not happen all of a sudden 10 or 12 years back!

And it happens not just with the CAST, even the off-screen members who ARE WOMEN are highly PREJUDICED & CRITICIZED all became they are women.

Even, EK has said in one of her biopic articles that she has undergone SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION!

Leave, about cinema, even INDIAN SPORTS is like that, WOMEN CAN PLAY BETTER CRICKET than MEN do, but the INDIAN WOMEN CRICKET PLAYERS are given half the APPRECIATION OR ENCOURAGEMENT compared to the UPROAR & APPRAISAL given for MEN'S CRICKET TEAM.

@green- Even Shahi too and one of the BEST EXAMPLES OF THAT is Karthik of YRKKH!