Predictions on the upcoming 'new' rating system | Discussion Thread

Arko1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

As we all know after trp scam BARC had already started on new rating system back in 2020. Here in this thread we shall discuss / predict on what could be the biggest changes after television rating system (trp) is replaced with the 'new' rating system. Will you expect a ITV to change after that ?

Edited by Neonholic - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arko1 thumbnail

My predictions -

1) Half of the current ongoing ITV shows will be off aired overnight. Their ratings will be sooo lower that nobody couldn't even expect (Excluding Rishta, Tmkoc & Bhagyas from list as they are very long runners). 😳

2) Channels will immediately consider the digital audience's opinions and will bring drastic changes into their shows in order to save them. 

3) Producers will be in immense pressure to bring twist and turns to match with the audience taste. 🤔

4) New series format good content shows running on that moment on certain channels will see a mighty rise. 👍🏼

5) So called popular shows will be spot dead. 🤣

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Only fantasy shows, mythological shows and some of reality shows will remain. But Radha Krisha and may be even Yeshu rating will go lower(Yeshu too showing ridiculous things). EPIC channel shows ratings will rise even though those are old shows. Bhabhiji and Happu shows ratings too will increase as they are dragging their 1 story only lasts 4-5 days unlike Sab TV continuity comedy shows which are more like daily soaps. Cricket programmes will be top or among Top 5. Men-based channels like Discovery Jeet may return as you never know in this new rating system it may get good ratings.

Arko1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Juhi_04

Only fantasy shows, mythological shows and some of reality shows will remain. But Radha Krisha and may be even Yeshu rating will go lower(Yeshu too showing ridiculous things). EPIC channel shows ratings will rise even though those are old shows. Bhabhiji and Happu shows ratings too will increase as they are dragging their 1 story only lasts 4-5 days unlike Sab TV continuity comedy shows which are more like daily soaps. Cricket programmes will be top or among Top 5. Men-based channels like Discovery Jeet may return as you never know in this new rating system it may get good ratings.

I didnt liked the concept of Yeshu honestly. I found it like mocking the christianity and why mocking because at the end they will bring bullshit and ruin it. Radhakrishna should just go off air.

Sports category will have a seperate section.

Not only Discovery Jeet, even Star One, Zindagi all will return back in new title. Colors the chameleon channel will change their content overnight i swear. 🤣

Aleyamma47 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Men-based channels like Discovery Jeet may return as you never know in this new rating system it may get good ratings.

Actually the present Indian cinema is completely male dominated as it is always the main subject of the films is MALE CENTRIC, no matter whichever language it is. 

So, isn't it JUSTIFIED to keep the shows WOMEN-CENTRIC at least in the television industry? 

Plus, the major target audience of these daily soaps are women, so why not make shows on the subjects for whom it is targeted.

It's not that MEN don't watch daily soaps, of course they do.

But then when the subject is related to target audience, for ex: Anupamaa, the target audience can feel a Anupamaa in them who has been constantly subjected towards HOUSEHOLD RESPONSIBILITIES, while the men take pleasure outside. In the same way, the target audience can also feel a Vanraj in any of the men they have ever come across in their lives.

And that gives the show a more REALISTIC APPROACH!

I'm not saying Men-Based channels should not be there, but who do you think the sports are majorly targeted for?

Same way, the daily soaps are mainly targeted for a WOMEN AUDIENCE.

Aleyamma47 thumbnail

I think the new rating system should not JUST BE BASED ON VIEWERSHIP as at present it is;

There should some sort of rating meters which CALCULATES THE RATINGS, based on the QUALITY OF THE CONTENT shown

At present, even though, there are shows with high ratings, they are not made for the ENTERTAINMENT of the consumers which is the ITV viewers, rather it is just made on subjects which increases their ANXIETY LEVEL,

And the anxiety hormones are not always good, because the same hormones causes DEPRESSION!

Next, there should be a meter which calculates the TRP based on the performance of the actors, because when we watch different, we can very well observe how much difference is there in each different actor's performance and the actor's performance is very necessary for making a good show, rather than the horrible shipping of jodis like a rape victim and her rapist by the fans.

I know, these things are next to impossible to be included in the TRP rating system, but if these 2 PARAMETERS are included along with the viewership, then I guess

THE TRP RATINGS will be better rating system than at present.

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Aleyamma47

Actually the present Indian cinema is completely male dominated as it is always the main subject of the films is MALE CENTRIC, no matter whichever language it is. 

So, isn't it JUSTIFIED to keep the shows WOMEN-CENTRIC at least in the television industry? 

Plus, the major target audience of these daily soaps are women, so why not make shows on the subjects for whom it is targeted.

But then when the subject is related to target audience, for ex: Anupamaa, the target audience can feel a Anupamaa in them who has been constantly subjected towards HOUSEHOLD RESPONSIBILITIES, while the men take pleasure outside. In the same way, the target audience can also feel a Vanraj in any of the men they have ever come across in their lives.

I'm not saying Men-Based channels should not be there, but who do you think the sports are majorly targeted for?

Women too watch sports. I am not saying all channels should be male-centric but a few of them. And 1-2 male-centric shows on all channels won't harm like Jamai Raja on Zee TV. Sab TV has 80% male titular shows. Jeet channel had male-centric shows. Life Ok in last few months had all shows with male given importance. And women based movies too are made now. Why can't TV make shows like 80s 90s DD era in which both men and women were given importance? Even till mid-2000s there were shows for everyone- men, women, children but now in many shows men are shown brainless and reduced to furniture. 

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aleyamma47

IMHO, both male and female characters should be given equal importance. In most of the shows it's usually the FLs who is doing jasoosi, solving problems of every creature in the universe and the MLs reduced to mere furnitures. Such one sided stories and super human bahus aren't relatable at all! Both MLs and FLs should be humans who do mistakes and learn from them but in ITV it's almost blasphemy to show a FL as flawed character.

Arko1 thumbnail

My another prediction -

• After rating system overhaul, shows will be only made finite and the popular ones will be renewed for next season with the later storyline. I really want this to happen. Every single show nowadays gets destroyed after 50 episodes.

• Bi-weekly & Tri-weekly shows entry. Shows that will specially air at 2 days a week and 3 days a week. Like Mon-Wed-Fri and Tues-Thurs.

Aleyamma47 thumbnail

Women too watch sports. I am not saying all channels should be male-centric but a few of them. And 1-2 male-centric shows on all channels won't harm like Jamai Raja on Zee TV. Sab TV has 80% male titular shows. Jeet channel had male-centric shows. Life Ok in last few months had all shows with male given importance. And women based movies too are made now. Why can't TV make shows like 80s 90s DD era in which both men and women were given importance? Even till mid-2000s there were shows for everyone- men, women, children but now in many shows men are shown brainless and reduced to furniture. 

@green Agreed, which is why I also said Men too watch daily soaps.

@red Honestly, I too meant the same, just that I was not that clear when I wrote my point. Yes, there should be shows which are male-centric and shows which give equal importance but ONLY that MALE-CENTRIC should not become the ONLY THING of ITV.

Because we already have a much more famous FILM INDUSTRY which is already dominated by men, so why should the same happen in ITV?