{~} SaiRat One Shot Contest{~} VOTING ROUND OPEN

WildestDreams thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Welcome to SaiRat OneShot contest 

Voting Round!

Let's have a look at the rules first!

Rules:

ImageYou can only vote for 1 entry!

ImageNO criticizing, bashing or mocking of any work! You may like someone's work or not but appreciate the hardwork they put in!

Image Newbies are not allowed to vote.

ImageDo NOT advertise for your entry. Any participant found doing so will be disqualified. 

ImageDo NOT use MIDs to vote for your own work. Anyone caught will be disqualified without notice.

ImageDo NOT share/post anyone's work anywhere!

Last day to vote is Thursday, 7th Jan 2021.

Enteries in the posts below!

Regards

Tags: Koeli

Edited by WildestDreams - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WildestDreams thumbnail

Entry Number 1

Title: Dreams and Duty

Sai quickly shut her ears with both her hands as the loud music was making her head spin. It had been 6 months since she had joined medical college and it was the first time she had come out with her friends. She had no intention of coming but Aai had insisted that she should go and have fun only to return on time. But whatever she was watching right now scared her. Sai was told that it was a small get together but this party seemed to be a full blown one with alcohol and drinks.

“Aditi!!!! You said it was a small get together.” Sai complained to one of her friends - Aditi.

“Please yaar Sai don’t be a buzzkill. We have got a chance to enjoy it after so many days. Otherwise I was going crazy at my house because of the whole C madness” Aditi replied. 

“It was for our safety and for the people around us. This area has had so many covid cases since last week. Plus the Government has banned such parties. How can you all be so irresponsible??” Sai shouted in anger.

“I didn't know you were such a coward” Aditi retorted back

“If Being Careful makes me a coward then so be it.” Sai was about to walk out when they heard the police siren. All students got scared and started running here and there. Sai was shoved here and there. Suddenly, she got pushed and her head hit the pillar in front of her. Sai winced in pain. “Why Did I even listen to Aditi ?” Sai Cursed herself. She was about to walk out when she saw some police officers coming towards her and she quickly hid behind the same pillar so that she couldn’t be found. Right then she saw a gate at the back. She tried to run but suddenly started to feel dizzy. She was about to fall when someone caught her from behind and she found herself in the strong and protective arms of Virat.

“Sai !!!” Virat exclaimed in surprise. 

“Virat Sir….” Sai whispered

“What are you doing here??” Virat shouted watching here and there trying to make sure no one was watching them. 

“Virat Sir I didn't do anything. I was about to leave. But then I fell and I didn't know what to do and then the police came…. No… No… I fell before that. No I fell after you came. But I didn't mean to come…..” Sai blaberred. Virat who was already irritated put a hand on her mouth and dragged her out of the small gate. 

“Ah…….Ah!!!!! Ah….. Careful Virat Sir” Sai Shouted as Virat dragged her away from the eyes of his fellow officers.“What are you doing???” They were out of the party hall and standing in the parking lot.

“What am I doing??? What were you doing??? For this I am fighting with Kakku and my family. And you are about to be a doctor. You know the  situation, the most affected people are medical personnels. How could you even think about doing this??? I really didn't expect this from you” Virat reprimanded  Sai

“Yes I am about to be a doctor and I know the implications. Why do you always have to find the blame in me?” Sai spat back.  

“Sai do You even realise that if you were caught today what might have happened??? Chawan Family’s daughter in law was arrested for having an illegal party!!!! You know how difficult it was for us to convince Kaku to let you study. How can you be this careless about your abba’s dream??” Virat shouted, shaking his head.  

“More than you, I want to fulfill my abba’s dream of becoming a doctor. I can't even think about doing anything to jeopardize that. Not even in my dreams. Aditi said it was a small get together. And I didnt even want to come. Aai forced me to.” Sai explained herself. Virat then took a deep breath and said in a mild tone  

“Sai I just don't want you to get in any trouble. We are walking on thin ice. Kaku and family members are not happy and we cannot give them a chance to find mistakes or errors. Please!!!!” Virat explained putting his handkerchief on Sai’s wound on the head. Sai nodded as she winced in pain as well. 

“Come I will drop you home.” Virat said

“But your fellow officers will search for you ????” Sai asked

“I will handle it. Come I have to get back to station as well” Virat replied

“But it's New years eve” Sai complained

“Days like this give people another chance to be crazy with their life and that increases our work. I will try and come before midnight but….” Virat stopped. As they were moving towards Virat’s jeep they heard a loud screeching sound. A young biker was trying to show stunts but instead his bike skid and was about to hit a car coming in front of it. The car driver saw the bike approaching and in order to save both of them the driver bumped straight into the nearby tree. Virat quickly rushed to the accident site to save the driver. He tried to open the car door so that he could help the driver out. Meanwhile the biker was about to make an escape but Sai ran to catch him. 

“Stop!!!!! Where the hell do you think you are going???” Sai shouted, grabbing his hands behind his back in a firm grip. The guy kept on struggling but Sai held on to her hold. Just then other policemen arrived as this accident had happened near to the party spot. They immediately arrested the biker. Sai turned around to see that virat was struggling with the driver behind the wheel. She ran towards the car and it made Virat very surprised to see her approaching.

“Sai!!! Stay there!!!!” Virat shouted but who could stop Sai. She went near the car and saw that the driver was not much hurt yet blood was oozing out of his head,  thanks to the fact that he was wearing a seat belt. Virat had managed to open the car door and help the driver out but Sai stopped him immediately.

“No Virat Sir!! This could lead to further damage to his injuries. We need to wait for the ambulance.” Sai alerted and Virat nodded his head. After sometime the ambulance came and the patient was taken to the same hospital where Sai was studying. 

The patient was taken into the examination room while Sai waited outside.  After sometime as the patient was being wheeled out somebody put a hand on her shoulder and she found Virat standing behind her. 

“Sai!!! Did you get yourself checked?? What are you still doing here?? It's new years eve go enjoy!!!!. You won't get much time once you become a doctor.” A Senior doctor asked Sai.

“I am fine Mam. I wanted to know if the driver is okay??”Sai asked

“Clot in the brain we have shifted him to OT. Surgeons are looking into it and I am needed here in the ER. Excuse me officer!!!! But what are you doing here? It is because officers like you who harass the accident witness that no one comes out in the open. Please !!!! She being a good citizen she had done her duty. Now Stay away from her.” Senior doctor went off at Virat.

“No Mam he is my husband Virat Chawan” Sai explained and Virat just smiled. 

“Really!!! A doctor and an officer. Be prepared.” The Senior doctor warned jovially while the couple looked at each other confused.“I am a doctor and my husband has a simple business. I still miss many celebrations, birthdays, puja, little moments with my family. Like today is new year and I am looking after normal people going wild. But that's how the job is. But in a way it's good if not home you will keep meeting each other here.” The Senior doctor smiling walked away. Virat and Sai shared an awkward smile with each other. 

“Virat Sir can you please call Aai?? She must be getting worried” Sai said and Virat nodded. Virat walked away for the call when Sai standing there imagined herself in blue scrubs coming out of the Exam room. 

“Move him to the upstairs room while I talk to the family” Sai said and massaged her neck

“So Mrs Joshi Chawan, how many lives did you save today,” Virat asked holding two small glasses of tea.

“A little more than you. We will do calculations at home.” Sai said smiling and both of them moved to the nearby bench and Virat forwarded her one glass.

“How is the witness??” Virat asked

“He will survive but I don’t think he will be able to answer anything to you today” Sai replied and Virat nodded.

“I guess then we are stuck with each other as usual,”  Virat said and clinked his glass with Sai who smiled.

“Dr Sai!! Bed no 4 is having seizures.” Nurse said and Virat nodded towards Sai. As she was about to get lost in the crowd Virat shouted “Happy New Year Mrs Virat Joshi Chawan!!!!” 

“You too!!!!  Mr Sai Joshi Chawan” Sai shouted back and ran towards the room.

Sai was lost in her dreams when Virat came from behind “Aai’s phone was busy so I have informed Pakhi” and in a moment Sai’s dream broke and reality hit her hard. Sai ran towards the washroom not wanting to face Virat. She turned on the water and washed her face once... twice... thrice...

“This can never be our life. Never!!!!” Sai thought, wailing as she kneeled down supporting a nearby wall. After sometime she came out and found Virat at the door.

“Are you okay??” Virat asked and Sai nodded. Just then Virat forwarded a glass of tea to Sai and she was surprised. 

“Take this!!! We might not be leaving this place for some time.” They were sitting on a bench outside the hospital. 

“I guess we should get used to this,” Virat said, smiling and Sai felt a pang of hurt in her heart.

“Why??” Sai spat back.

“What kind of question is this Sai??? ” VIrat asked.

“Why?? Why would we be meeting again and again? We are together only until I become a doctor. That was the Terms of this relation. I have not forgotten anything and neither should you. Once I am a doctor you will be free of your duty.” Sai Said dejectedly 

“Duty!! That is all??” Virat asked. And Sai got up and walked away. Virat went and turned her towards him.

“Sai Look at me. Do you really think that???” Virat asked.

“If it's not true then tell me what is our relationship” Sai asked and it was Virat ‘s turn to move his face away. 

“Don’t ask me questions when you can't answer mine. We are not going to meet ever. And once I am a doctor I don't ever want to see your face again ever” Sai spat back at Virat

“Really ???” Virat asked and they both looked straight at each other. Finally giving up, Sai hugged Virat. For a second even Virat was confused but then he hugged her back concerned “Don't make things difficult for me Virat Sir??? I have accepted my reality but you are making me dream again and I don't want to. Don’t make me so used to having you that I won't survive after we go on to our separate ways” Sai thought and Virat nodded as if he heard all that she had thought.

“Sai No matter where you go in this world you will always find this Virat Chawan right next to you.  You cannot escape from me” Virat said teasingly and Sai  hugged Virat more tightly crying  while the fireworks went off in the sky. 

“Happy New year Sai”

“Happy New year Virat Sir”

WildestDreams thumbnail

Entry Number 2

Title: Baatein Kuch Ankahee Si

Sai walked with the bundle of folded clothes in her hand, towards Bhavani Kaku's room. She was a college going girl now, but had been nearly a year. The second semester was drawing to an end, with exams round the corner, in January. She was pretty much excited. It was her first New Year with the Chavans. Specially with her Virat Chavan. She had some really good plans up her sleeve. After she had declined the offer of their dinner date a few days ago, due to her practicals, she wanted to make it up with something unique and special. 

The climate was getting colder and colder, as the year end was approaching quickly, the very next day. She adjusted her shawl as she about to step in the room, when she heard Virat’s voice. In a faint whisper, she even heard her own name. Out of curiosity, she stepped  aside and tried to hear what they were saying.

“Par Kaku, Sai koi bhi zimmedaari uthaane layak nahi hai! Humein usse kisi kaam ki koi ummeed nahi rakhni chahiye.”

Sai's smile froze. The mild happiness on her face vanished into thin air. Her heart sunk as she took in those words that felt harsh and heavy. 

Sai had always been grateful to him for whatever he had done. She had tried her best in all her endeavours towards the family. And this, coming from him, looked uncalled for. She would help in household chores whenever she could. She felt it was her responsibility to contribute in work and help out her loving Aai, who was otherwise burdened and buried deep with tending to everyone’s needs. 

And here, Virat felt she wasn’t worthy? She probably did nothing all day?

She controlled her anger and knocked on the door.

“Kaku, aapke kapde sookh gaye the, main chatt se le aayi.”

Without looking at Virat, she kept the clothes on the bed and walked out, not wanting to hear anything more.

“Dekha Virat,” Bhavani continued. “Woh sab kuch seekh gayi hain. Toh phir uske ghar ke kaam karne se tumhein kya problem hai? Kya humne yeh sab nahi kiya apni zindagi mein?”

“Kaku main aapko kaise samjhaun, main nahi chahta Sai yeh sab mein pade. Aap please usko kuch kaam mat diya kijiye. Uska poora dhyaan sirf aur sirf uski padhayi mein hona chahiye.”

She turned her face away. Exhausted by the constant struggle to put across his point, he left.

Sai was fuming in her room. She opened all her books and started studying furiously. She anyways wasn’t worthy of work, right? Then she better study. Study so hard that she became the most successful doctor all of Nagpur had ever seen. Anyways, her goal of becoming world’s best bahu was futile cause Virat wasn’t ready to praise, no, not even acknowledge whatever she did for the house. No matter how much she cooked, cleaned or helped him with his clothes, she could possibly never be considered as a good wife or a daughter in law.

She got up and opened the cupboard to fetch a book when she saw a letter lying on the shelf.

She saw the envelope.

Tabaadla

Her eyes widened in disbelief. Virat was getting transferred? Out of Nagpur?

She sunk into the chair. And he did not bother to even tell her! Did she even matter to him!

She tightly clutched the envelope as she couldn’t hold back her tears. First, his lack of belief in her abilities and now this. She felt miserable about it.

Patralekha entered the room. She found Sai a little disturbed, and her eyes fell upon the letter. She smirked and read her vulnerable expression.

“Sai, itni shocked kyun ho? Virat ne tumhein nahi bataya ki uska transfer ho raha hai?”

She slyly commented. Sai digged her nails into the letter, crumpling it further. 

So he told Pakhi about it.

“Aapko kya kaam tha?” Sai asked, not wanting to bring out their private matters out in the open.

“Kuch nahi, bass Ashwini Mami tumhein bula rahi thi, kitchen mein.”

“Theek hai aap jayiye.”

Pakhi smiled again, to herself and left the room, basking in her few moments of glory. She obviously wouldn’t reveal it to Sai that she had accidentally chanced upon the letter when the courier was received by Karishma. Virat had not told her and neither did she know where was he transferred to.

Sai opened the letter. He was being shifted to Nashik. 

Hot tears started flowing freely down her cheeks, with the dam of patience long fallen apart. 

Virat came in soon after Pakhi had left. He found her sitting on the bed with her back to him.

“Lo ji tum yahan baithi ho aur main tumhein kitchen mein Aai ke paas doondh raha tha.”

“Jaa rahi hoon," she said faintly. She wiped off her tears and got up to leave. If he did not want to tell her, so be it. She wouldn’t interfere.

“Sai?” he asked, noticing something wasn’t right. She turned around and found him looking straight in her eyes. She looked away and tried to leave when he stopped her by blocking her way.

“Kya hua hai Sai?”

“Aapko usse kya, aap please apna kaam kijiye, mujhpar time waste karne ki zaroorat nahi hai. Main uske layak jo nahi.”

“Kya? Yeh kaise baat kar rahi ho?”

“Haaan. Main hi pagal hoon jo poore din concerned rehti hoon aapke baare mein, aapke ghar waalon ke baare mein. Hatiye jaane dijiye.”

He caught her arm and turned her around.

“Ab maine kya kiya hai, will you care to explain?”

“No, I’ll not!” she yelled back and jerked her arm off. Before he could probe further, she left, leaving him absolutely clueless, as always.

He saw the crumpled transfer letter lying on the bed and understood what must’ve transpired in her mind.

“Damn! How did she discover this!” he gasped.

Virat was not wanting to disclose this to her. Her equations with his family were still very strained and he somehow didn’t want to leave. Her wanted to stay back and protect her and take care of her, but he knew there wasn’t a way past this. He HAD to go. And he wasn’t unknown to the attachment Sai had, with him. He did not want her upset at this news and was still contemplating how exactly should he reveal this news to her when she had already laid her hands upon the letter.

He had disappointed her. He knew she ought to have heard it straight from him. 

When Sai entered the room, he was busy removing his suitcase from the top of the cupboard. His eyes briefly met hers. He was trembling in some unknown fear of her exploding and lashing out at him.

He turned his gaze away.

Sai ignored his actions and went straight to bed. She was fast asleep, or he thought so, by the time he had figured out what he had to say.

Virat felt bad. It was the 31st of December the next day and he was leaving her all alone, to fend for her own self.

He too, wanted to celebrate the new year’s with her. But the situation was such. He had to report within the 1st of January itself.

He looked at her sleeping form. It gave him a surreal sense of calmness to see her such, beside him, silent and beautiful. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. He built the Sinhagad fort today all by himself.

With a heavy heart, he too, silently slept beside her. It was difficult for him as well.

Sai lifted her heavy eyelids partially. She sat up, still asleep to find the other part of the bed cold. She stretched her arm and wanted to feel his back and the warmth when she opened up her eyes completely, alarmed.

It was empty. Her heart raced at breakneck speed. Was he gone? So early?

She grabbed her dupatta and ran downstairs. Her heart rate calmed down for a brief moment when she saw him seated in the living area, reading a newspaper. She stood there, lowkey admiring him in his tracksuit that he wore for his morning walks. When she felt her anxiety subside off, she walked back upstairs, to get ready. 

It was late afternoon by the time she was done with winding up lunch.

She went up to see him engrossed in some documents. She looked at his suitcase. It seemed pack and ready. 

Oh, so it’s time.

She picked up a magazine and sat down on the bed, completely relaxed. From the corner of his eyes, he noticed her, seated close by.

She had carefully concealed her agitated expression behind the booklet cover.

He pulled up the back pack’s zip rather forcefully, to grab her attention.

No response.

He noisily closed the suitcase with a loud snap.

No response.

Now, he was worried about this. No reaction?

“Sai, I’m leaving.” 

He could barely utter the words.

“Oh, Kahan jaa rahe hain?” 

She asked, feigning innocence.

“Nashik” he said. “Mera transfer hogaya hai.”

She threw away the magazine and walked upto him.

“Aur yeh aap AB bata rahe hain?”

“Woh Sai, main batana chah raha tha par tumne pehle hi dekh liya...”

“Toh!? Aap mujhe bolenge nahi?”

Virat picked up his bags and started to leave.

“Rukiye ek minute!” she said. He smiled. Finally, she'd care to say some good parting words.

She handed him the letter. “Yeh to lete jayiye.”

“Main bohot bohot naraaz hoon aapse. Mat jayiye na.”

“Sorry Sai, really sorry. Main yeh toh bilkul nahi chahta tha ki tumhein iss tarah pata chale. Bye nahi bologi?”

But she turned her face away.

It was late in the night. The clock was ticking rhythmically as time slipped away. The New Year would be there within an hour.  

Sai was seated on Virat’s side of the bed, trying to absorb some of the warmth the place once held. She clutched his pillow and cried into it, missing him terribly. 

She cursed herself for not wishing him luck for the new experience. Not wishing him a goodbye and come soon, as she would do with her Aaba.

Suddenly, the lights went off. Startled, she went near the window to check if it was just her room which had a power cut. It was pitch black outside.

Before she could move away, something, rather, someone emerged from the window and not expecting her to be standing there, lost balance. Sai too, tripped over due to the sudden jerk and both of them fell down, on the floor.

They got up. In the negligible light of the phone screen, she could see his face.

“Tum chillayi nahi? Main chor hota toh?”

“Aap duniya ke pehle chor honge jisne khud girte waqt mere sarr ke neeche haath rakha, taaki mujhe Chot na aaye. Yeh toh aap hi kar sakte hain.”

Virat was stunned. Did she ever fail to surprise him?

“Sorry Sai. Really very very sorry!”

He said, holding his ears. 

Sai smiled and punched his chest, as he made his heart melting puppy face. She could never stand her ground after witnessing that.

“Aap kyun aaye waapis, jayiye aap Nashik.”

He quickly pulled her into a hug and she did not resist. She too, wanted him back. 

"Tumne bye jo nahi kaha tha, kaise jaata?"

The clock struck 12.

“A very happy new year, majhi baiko" he whispered in her ear. She giggled softly.

“Chaliye phir new year plan is on” he said.

“Accha, woh kaise?”

“Candle light dinner at Chavan Niwas, and then obviously subah ki Chai at apna waala nukkad, jiske baad mujhe sach mein jaana padega. Kal shaam ki reporting hai.”

“Phir aaj subah hi kyun nikal gaye the?”

“Tumse darr lag raha tha, kahin yeh massoom police officer shaheed ho jaata toh?”

He said dramatically, as he wrapped his arms around her shoulder and then walked off downstairs, to fetch some food.

Cant choose. Both are wonderful! I am jist grateful to all the writers in the forum. Both entries are great. 

Were there only 2 entries in the contest though? I was hoping for more....

Koi nahi....as long as the writers post their  stories on the forum its ok if they didn't enter the contest.  

CheerlessIM thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Main dono ko 50 50 dungi 😄😄😄

Kyuki ek ko choose nhi kr pa rhi hu 

Story #1 sabse accha part jo sayi ka dream tha 👌👌👌

corona ke bhi darshan huye 

Sahi h yr but  ek doctor ek police officer  dono hamesha busy hi rhege 

Aur virat ka use kehna ki tum jha bhi jao , main sath rahunga 🤩🤩🤩🥰🥰🥰

Story 2# sai was planning new yr aur misunderstanding chalu ho gyi 

Aur virat ka transfer bhi new yr pe hi hona tha 😪

That pakhi usse jhagda Aur badhane ki padi thi , par thank god virat ko pta chal gya 

Aur wo sai se dar ke chala gya tha 🤣

Atlast new yr sath mnaa 💯

Mujhe likhte likhte realise huaa ki 

My vote-story 2

MochaQueen thumbnail

i LOVEEEE entry 2 The emotions have been portrayed so well

Good job!

luvzindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Do we really have only 2 entries??🤔