I'm sure you will like the upcoming twists too...😊

Will update the next part on Valentine's day ❤️❤️❤️

diku1302 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello everyone…

Happy Valentine’s Day…

I’m back with the next chapter…

Do vote & comment if you like the story…

Ignore the mistakes…

With Lots of Love,

DIKU…❤

AN INEVITABLE INTRUDER

CHAPTER EIGHT

NAINA

My own words were playing in my mind, “Take him… He is all yours…” What was the need to utter them that too in front of Sameer? I noticed the way his facial expressions had changed the moment those words were out… Am I judging him wrong? Maybe Amrita is just a friend to him as he’d introduced her… Am I overthinking about all this???

I shut my thoughts & concentrated on the mails that Sameer had sent me. The mails mainly consisted about the company’s formation & it’s working. There were details about the projects that were completed & the on-going ones… The clients list was the one that had drawn my attention… It was properly synchronized, the top most clients name was on one sheet, the other sheet consisted of other clients. The preferences of each client were written in detail… I still had to read the other mails…

I was going to start with the other mail, when Preeti walked in to call me… I told her that I I would join them in five minutes after freshening up… I took the laptop with me so that I could read the rest of the mails at home. I turned towards the connecting door but instead of opening it, I locked it from my end… I turned to the main door of my cabin & left for Sameer’s cabin.

I knocked & heard his crisp voice, “Come in…” When I opened the door, I saw the whole gang. There was no sign of Amrita though… We left the office & as usual Sameer opened his car’s door for me. My anger had evaporated till then. So, when he started the conversation about my first day in office, I replied, “Bohot accha tha… Laptop milne ke baad main tumhare mails hi check kar rahi thi… Ummm… Sab toh nahi padh paayi… Ghar jaakar padh lungi…”

I was shocked when he said that we must never carry our office work at home as it is only family time. I never thought that Sameer, the CEO of the Maheshwari Industries, would say something like that… I thought about my previous internship where we were sometimes told to work from home too… I didn’t say anything more & looked out of the window.

When we reached home, we saw Nanu & Vishakha Maa sitting in the living room. We wished them & I went to my room directly to freshen up. I wore a light pink night suit that night & joined the others on the dining table… Sameer was not back yet from his room. I was narrating my first day experience of office to Nanu & Vishakha Maa, when I felt his presence behind me. I closed my eyes & took in his smoky fragrance. He pulled the chair next to mine & got seated. I opened my eyes & my gaze landed on him. He was talking to Nanu about some project, when Vishakha Maa reprimanded them, “Papa… Sameer… Kya hai yeh??? Kaam ki baat baad mein kar lena, pehle khaana kha lijiye aap log…”

They both nodded & we finished the dinner talking about everyone’s day… Nanu was sitting alone in the living room when I & Vishakha Maa came back after keeping the food in the fridge. “Naina… Beta… Tum thak gayi hogi… Jao… Thoda aaram karlo… Aur haannn, apni mummy ko yaad se phone kar lena…” She turned to Nanu, “Aap bhi thoda aaram kar lijiye Papa… Doctor ne aaram karne ko kahaa hai aapko…”

I turned to Nanu, “Nanu… Kya hua aapko?” He shook his head, “Kuch nahi beta… Bas thoda sar dard tha subah se. Par ab main thik hun…” “Aap bhale hi kaho ki aap thik ho par aapko doctor ki baat maanni hogi… Chaliye… Main aapko mast tel laga deti hun aur sar bhi dabaa deti hun… Dekhna, aap subah tak ekdum thik ho jayenge…”

“Accha thik hai… Chalo Vishakha… Main sone jaa raha hun…” I followed him to his room. Vishakha Maa handed me the oil bottle & sat on the edge of the bed. Nanu sat down near the bed & I sat behind him on the bed. I gave him a nice oil massage on his scalp & we all kept talking about Sameer’s tantrums of oiling his hair during his childhood. After some time, I asked Nanu to lie down on the bed & I massaged his forehead with balm… Slowly, he drifted to sleep…

I & Vishakha Maa left quietly & headed towards our rooms. I freshened up quickly & went to terrace with a hope that Sameer would be there. But to my surprise, he wasn’t there… Where was he? I sat there in silence looking at the sky for some time, when I felt his presence… I looked at the door & there he was. But something was different in his posture today… He entered the terrace & I was shocked to see him in a formal wear…

He took hesitant steps towards me & I got up from the swing. He stood right in front of me. “Ummm… Naina… Woh… Woh… Main… Yeh batane aaya tha ki main Sydney jaa raha hun... Aaj raat ki flight hai…” I went totally blank at his sudden announcement… “Naina… Ummm… Maa aur Nanu ka dhyaan rakhna… Especially Nanu ka, unki tabiyat thik nahi hai… Office mein agar kuch samaj naa aaye toh Munna, Pandit, Preeti, Swati, sab tumhari help kar denge…”

I stood there like a rock. I couldn’t move… I couldn’t speak… I was just staring at him… He cleared his throat, “Ummm… Main chalta hun… Late bhi ho raha hai… Ummm… Tum apna bhi dhyaan rakhna…” I wanted to stop him, say something. But I wasn’t able to do it… He too kept looking at me for a few minutes, when the driver knocked on the open door, “Sameer Sir… Chaliye… Warna airport pohochne mein der ho jaayegi…”

Our trance was broken, yet he answered him still looking at me, “Tum chalo Ramu… Main aata hun do minute mein…” Once the driver was gone, he took a step towards me & whispered in my ear, “See you soon Naina… Take care…” Saying that, he turned & was about to walk, when I held his hand, “Sameer… Wapis kab aaoge???” He turned to me in an instant, “Ek hafte baad…” My heart sank hearing that he was going for a week… “Apna dhyaan rakhna Sameer… aur… aur…” I couldn’t speak more… I wanted to hug him but stopped myself… “Aur… Aur kya Naina???” He asked huskily & I shivered… I lowered my eyes, “Aur… Aur jaldi aana…” He tightened our hand hold & I looked at him, “Jao… Warna sach mein flight miss ho jaayegi...” He nodded but didn’t leave my hand… We walked downstairs, his hand holding mine securely in a tight grip…

The driver opened the door for him & he turned to me, “Goodnight Naina… Sabka aur apna dhyaan rakhna…” My eyes were already misty, “Tum sambhal kar jaana aur pohoch kar Maa aur Nanu ko call kar dena… Unhe tumhari fikar lagi rahegi…” I wanted to tell him that he can call me too… But I remained quiet & he left my hand & sat in the car. I heard his soft bye in a low voice… I kept looking at the car till it disappeared from my vision…

“Naina beta… Andar chalo… Bohot raat ho gayi hai…”, I heard Shanta kaki’s voice from behind. I went inside the house & locked the main door… I went straight to my room… The tears that I’d held till now came out freely… I was surprised with my own feelings… When I’d seen Amrita in Sameer’s arms in the afternoon & the way they looked happy, I’d decided that I would stay away from Sameer & control my feelings for him…

But now, when he’s gone for a week, the reality sank in… I won’t be able to see him, talk to him… that too for a whole week… I couldn’t even come up with his disappearance for an hour today after dinner… How would I stay away for seven days??? I was thinking if he mentioned about any Sydney trip today… the answer was a noo… Then it struck me that he & Nanu were conversing about some important deal in Sydney tonight at the dining table…

So Nanu & Vishakha Maa already knew that Sameer was going to Sydney tonight… I was the only one who didn’t know about it… I stood near the window & looked at the moon, “Chanda Mama… Mera message pohocha doge mere Sameer tak…” I closed my eyes spoke, “I will miss you Sameer… Come soon…”

I laid back on my bed & tried to sleep… I kept tossing & turning for the umptieth time but I couldn’t sleep… Whenever I closed my eyes, his face would appear… I was feeling guilty that I avoided him most of the time in the office… especially after Amrita’s entry… I shouldn’t have done that…

I don’t know when I dozed off with his thoughts… I woke up suddenly to my loud alarm ringing on my mobile… It was already eight by the time I was ready for the day… I skipped the breakfast as I was already late… I promised Vishakha Maa that I would eat something in office… Today I sat at the back seat while the driver drove me to office… I was already missing HIM so badly…

There was no call from him till I was home in the morning… I knew that it takes more than fourteen hours by flight to reach Sydney… He should reach after two in the afternoon… I started my day with going through the mails… There was a knock on my cabin door & then Kamya walked in with a coffee cup… She informed me that I will have a meeting with all the staff members working in the finance department in an hour…

She handed me a file which had all details about the recent projects… She also told me that Munna & Pandit would be a part of it too… I got busy with the preparation for my first meeting as a CFO… I was a little nervous…

Munna & Pandit came after some time & helped me with certain things that I wasn’t able to understand… The meeting went great & it was already three in the afternoon when we wrapped up the meeting… I was desperate to know if Sameer had reached safely. How would I know? I didn’t even have his number… I looked at Munna & Pandit… Should I ask them???

“Naina… Tum bohot thaki hui lag rahi ho. Thik ho na tum???”, Pandit asked me. “Mujhe kuch nahi hua… Main thik hun… Ummm… Woh mujhe yeh jaanna tha ki kya Sameer Sydney pohoch gaya???” They both looked stunned for a moment but smiled immediately… “Haaannn… Sameer thik se pohoch gaya hai… Uska message aaya tha thodi der pehle hi…”, Munna said with a smile…

My mobile rang & I kept it on speaker as I was having files in my hand… “Helloo…” “Naina… Tumne lunch kiya???” I heard Vishakha maa’s voice from the other end. “Nahi… Maa… bas abhi kuch mangaati hun…” “Tumne subah naashta toh kiya tha na Naina???” I looked at Munna & Pandit who raised their eyebrows asking me to answer the question… “Woh... Woh… Maa… Maine coffee pee thi subah yahaan aa kar…” I couldn’t lie to her… “Iska matlab tumne naashta bhi nahi kiya naa Naina???” I closed my eyes & finally uttered, “Nahi kiya Maa…”

I heard a loud sigh, “Naina… Abhi ke abhi pehle khaana khaalo… warna main wahaan aa rahi hun tiffin lekar…” “Arey maa… Main abhi khaana manga leti hun…” “Maa… Aap chinta mat kijiye… Hum Naina ko khaana khila denge…”, Munna spoke looking at me… I disconnected the call once Maa was satisfied that Munna & Pandit would order some lunch for me…

They ordered lunch & after a few minutes; Preeti & Swati too joined us in my cabin… The girls too scolded me for skipping my meals… I was relieved that Sameer had reached Sydney safely, but then I wanted to hear his voice, see him if possible… I was lost in my thoughts when Swati tapped me on my shoulder, “Naina… Kab se awaaz de rahe hai hum… Kiske khayaalon mein kho gayi tu???”

“Woh… Woh… Main… Kuch nahi… Bas aise hi kaam ke baare mein soch rahi thi…”, I lied… Swati & Preeti exchanged glances & then looked at Munna & Pandit, “Tum dono zara hamare liye coffees toh le aao… Hume Naina se akele mein baat karni hai…” They left my cabin, smiling at me...

Preeti locked the door & then both the girls pulled me towards the couch. I sat between them, “Ab bataa, kya baat hai Naina??? Kal se dekh rahe hai ki tum kisi baat ko lekar pareshaan ho… Dekh… Hum tumhare friends hai… Shayad kuch help hi kar de…”, Swati asked me worriedly…

Should I share everything with them??? I was a little apprehensive when it comes to sharing my personal life with anyone. But they are my good friends who have supported me from the first day here. What’s the harm in sharing my inner conflicts with these girls??? Maybe they can help me with it…

I took a deep breath & started, “Swati… Preeti… Pehle tum dono mujhse promise karo ki main abhi jo bhi kahungi yeh Sameer ko pataa nahi chalna chahiye… Promise karo…” They both promised me that they won’t tell anything to Sameer… I told them everything that had happened between Sameer & me since I arrived in India, in his house to be precise…

Both of them listened to me attentively… I even told them about what I felt about Sameer & Amrita & they looked surprised… “Naina… Toh tumhe lagta hai ki Sameer aur Amrita ek couple hai???” I couldn’t imagine it but still nodded at Preeti who was questioning me now… “Aur isiliye tumhara mood kal se hi kharaab ho gaya tha???” I nodded again & they both burst out loudly, laughing at me…

I was confused with the way both of them were laughing. Swati was the one to sober down first… “Toh yeh problem hai… Par jahaan tak mujhe pataa hai, Sameer ki aaj tak koi girlfriend nahi bani, naa college mein aur naa hi university mein… Ummm… yeh baat sach hai ki Amrita hamare Sameer se pyaar karti thi…” I was relieved to hear that Sameer didn’t have any girlfriend but was shocked to hear that Amrita was in love with him….

“Pyaar karti thi??? Toh ab nahi karti???” I asked curiously holding my breath… Preeti replied, “Woh hume nahi pataa… Shayad abhi bhi pyaar karti ho… Aur yeh bhi ho sakta hai ki Amrita hamare Sameer ke liye hi waapis aayi ho… Uska dil jeetne ya fir shaadi hi karne. Amrita ne kal hi toh kahaa tha ki woh yahaan hamesha ke liye settle hone aayi hai… Kyun Swati, aisa hi kahaa tha na???” “Haannn Preeti… Usne aisa hi kaha tha…”

I needed time to process all this… Luckily Munna & Pandit knocked on the door & arrived with the coffees & the topic was closed… I finished reading all the mails that Sameer had sent me yesterday… There was a knock on my door & Kamya walked in, “Naina… I’m leaving now… It’s already seven thirty… You should go too… It’s getting late…” I wanted to know the reason behind her changed behaviour so I spoke a little hesitantly, “Ummm… If you don’t mind Kamya, I want to ask you something???”

I gestured her to take a seat in front of me & she sat there with a smile, “Naina… go ahead with whatever you want to ask me…” “Kamya… Tum Sameer ki assistant ho, fir tum mere sab schedules kyun arrange kar rahi ho???” She didn’t look stunned or surprised with my question. It seemed that she already knew what I wanted to ask her…

“Naina… Honestly speaking, I didn’t like you when you joined this office… But then when I went through your profile, I was highly impressed… Your behaviour towards everyone seems genuine… And then the most important thing is that I’m Sameer Sir’s assistant… How could I not follow his instructions???” “What instructions???”, I asked curiously… She smiled, “Sameer Sir asked me to help you till you settle down comfortably in our office…” Sameer really asked her to do this for me… I was beyond stunned after knowing this…

“Ummm… Naina… Can I leave now??? I’m getting late… I have a date tonight…” I raised my eyebrows, “Ummm… Kamya… I thought you were having a crush on Sameer??? She smiled knowingly, “I do have a crush on Sameer since I joined here as his assistant but he’s just a crush… I already have a boyfriend… And I’m going on a date with him tonight…” She winked…

I was surprised that she opened up instantly to me, “Thanks Kamya…” She got up, “Not to mention Naina… I’m just doing my job that Sir has delegated to me…” She bid me goodbye & left the office… I was again lost in my thoughts when I heard my cabin door opening… “Naina… Chalo… Late ho raha hai… Kamya ne driver ko car nikaal ne ko keh diya hai…” I freshened up quickly & left the office with them…

When I reached home, I was surprised to see that Munna, Pandit, Swati & Preeti were joining us for dinner… These people didn’t tell me anything before… I took the girls with me to my room to freshen up… My steps faltered when I saw Amrita sitting with Nanu & Vishakha Maa… They knew her too… Amrita got up instantly when she spotted me & came forward to give me a tight hug. I hadn’t expected that from her so I was a little surprised… I saw Swati & Preeti trying to control their giggles… I widened my eyes at them & they sobered down…

“It’s so nice to see you again Naina… Waise ek aur surprise hai… Main tum sab ke saath Shimla aane wali hun…” She looked very happy… “Shimla???” I asked in confusion. “Arey… Tumhe nahi pataa Naina… Iss saal yearly trip Shimla mein honewali hai…”, Amrita said in excitement & I looked at my friends, who nodded at her answer… I didn’t know about this at all. How come she knew about it when she wasn’t even a part of Maheshwari Industries... Or was she??? My mind was spinning now with all the new announcements…

I was lost in my thoughts when the landline rang. Nanu picked up the call, “Helloo… Sameer… Mere sher… Thik se pohoch gaya tha na… Main so raha tha jab tumne phone kiya tha… Haannn… Main thik hun… Haannn… haannn… Davai bhi time par le raha hun… Tu yahaan ki chinta mat kar, sab hai yahaan mera dhyaan rakhne ke liye… Tu apna dhyaan rakhna, akela jo hai wahaan… Chal ab thoda aaraam kar le… Meeting ki taiyaari thik se karna… And all the best… Mujhe pataa hai mera sher yeh deal final karke hi lautega… Kal subah phone karega… Thik hai… Chal so ja ab… Goodnight beta…”

I heard the whole conversation. I so wished to talk to him & hear his voice… He would call tomorrow morning & I hope that I could at least receive his call & hear his voice… I wished if I had his mobile number… I thought of asking for his number from my friends but then stopped myself… I was brought to reality when I heard Vishakha Maa’s voice, “Naina… Kis soch mein doob gayi… Chal aaja… Dinner lag gaya hai…” Swati & Preeti smiled knowingly looking at me…

We were having dinner when Nanu spoke, “Sameer Sydney pohoch toh gaya hai par chinta ho rahi hai… Woh wahaan akele kaise rahega… Apna dhyaan bilkul nahi rakhega… Main jaanta hun usko. Ekbaar kaam mein busy ho gaya toh khaana peena bhi bhool jaayega…” Nanu looked worried which was adding to my worries too…

“Iska ek hi ilaaj hai Nanu… Aap Sameer ki shaadi karva do… Biwi saath rahegi toh aapko uski chinta nahi karni padegi…”, Pandit spoke… “Haaannn… Papa… Aap na Sameer ko shaadi ke liye taiyaar kar lijiye bas…”, Vishakha Maa said hopefully… “Vishakha aunty… Nanu… Aap Sameer ki chinta mat kijiye… Main usse shaadi ke liye manaa lungi iss baar… Usse Sydney se waapis toh aane dijiye, fir dekhiye mera kamaal…”, Amrita said happily…

Her words pinched me hard in my heart… Is she really here to marry Sameer??? And what about Sameer, what if he wanted the same??? I don’t know what to think anymore until Sameer comes back… The first day wasn’t even finished yet & here I was missing him terribly… “Arey Naina… Tum kuch khaa hi nahi rahi ho… Chalo thik se khaana khao warna Rama mujhe daantegi ki maine hamari beti ka dhyaan nahi rakha thik se… Chalo… Khaana kha lo acche se…”

I smiled at her concern & finished my dinner amongst all the chattering of my friends… Everyone left after dinner & I went to terrace directly to find some solace… As I sat on the swing & looked at the moon & the stars, my heart calmed down instantly… I went back to my room & tried sleeping… I wanted to see him… I took my mobile & searched his name on google when I found some links about him. One link connected me to his Facebook account & the other on Instagram… I opened the apps & found his profile… I kept looking at his pictures & scrolling them one after the other… There was a video of him where he had represented the Maheshwari Industries… I heard his voice & felt better…

The next three days went too slow for me… I was busy in work but yet I missed him… I kept looking at his pictures whenever I missed him… Everything in office & home reminded me of him… I opened the connecting door & entered his cabin several times to feel him… I made sure that no one knew about this small adventure of mine… Sameer called twice a day… once early in the morning & then before dinner time… The worst part was that I couldn’t get to pick the calls, as I wasn’t around most of the times… My luck wasn’t favouring me… Still three more days & he will be back here…

SAMEER

When I reached home, I saw that Nanu wasn’t feeling well. He looked pale so I asked about it to Maa & she informed me that he was having headache since morning. The doctor has advised him to rest for few days… Nanu asked me if I could go to Sydney to fill in his place for cracking the important deal… I agreed immediately & headed to my room to freshen up & do the necessary packing. I knew about the project as I & Nanu had made the presentation together…

I packed my bag & went downstairs for dinner. Nanu, Maa & Naina were already on the dining table. Naina was wearing a light pink night suit & she looked damn cute. I sat beside her & asked Nanu if he had made any changes to the presentation… He denied & I finished the dinner fast as I had to get ready & leave for the airport in two hours... All my plans of wanting to talk to Naina went in drain. I knew that I don’t have much time to clear the misunderstanding regarding Amrita… So, that would have to wait till I return from Sydney…

I got ready & went to bid goodbye to Nanu & Maa. Maa told me that Nanu was already asleep & Naina also had retired to her room. She told me about how Naina gave him a head massage & he drifted to sleep immediately… This girl was driving me crazy with all her acts… I so wished to get some more time to spend with her… I gave my bag to the driver & asked him to wait for five minutes till I get back…

I knew that Naina would be at the terrace now… I went there & looked at her glowing face that was shining under the moonlight… She looked at me as usual as if sensing my presence. She continued looking at me & I took hesitant steps towards her. I knew that she was unaware of my plans of going to Sydney tonight… She looked at my dressing & I spoke clearing her doubts, “Ummm… Naina… Woh… Woh… Main… Yeh batane aaya tha ki main Sydney jaa raha hun... Aaj raat ki flight hai…” She went speechless listening to my words… I continued looking at her, “Naina… Ummm… Maa aur Nanu ka dhyaan rakhna… Especially Nanu ka, unki tabiyat thik nahi hai… Office mein agar kuch samaj naa aaye toh Munna, Pandit, Preeti, Swati, sab tumhari help kar denge…”

She wasn’t moving at all. So, I cleared my throat, “Ummm… Main chalta hun… Late bhi ho raha hai… Ummm… Tum apna bhi dhyaan rakhna…” She still didn’t say anything. I thought that maybe she was still upset with me about Amrita… I kept looking at her for a few more minutes, when the driver knocked on the open door, “Sameer Sir… Chaliye… Warna airport pohochne mein der ho jaayegi…”

Our moment was broken, but I answered him still looking at her, “Tum chalo Ramu… Main aata hun do minute mein…” Once the driver was gone, I took a small step towards her & whispered in her ear, “See you soon Naina… Take care…” Saying that, I turned & was about to move ahead, when I felt her hand holding mine… “Sameer… Wapis kab aaoge???” I didn’t expect that she would react this suddenly & I turned instantly, “Ek hafte baad…”

She was looking in my eyes deeply as if wanting to say something more. I heard her heavy voice as if she was trying to control her tears, “Apna dhyaan rakhna Sameer… aur… aur…” I wanted to hug her & say that I would be back soon but I controlled my urge & stopped myself… I was loving the way she stuttered which meant that she was affected by sudden departure… I asked in a hoarse voice “Aur… Aur kya Naina???” I saw her shivering at my words… She lowered her eyes instantly & spoke softly, “Aur… Aur jaldi aana…”

I only knew how I controlled my yearning of pulling her in my arms & never letting her go but instead I tightened our hand hold… She looked at me with misty eyes that pricked me hard in my heart, “Jao… Warna sach mein flight miss ho jaayegi...” I didn’t leave her hand & we walked downstairs to the waiting car…

The driver opened the door for me & I turned to her, “Goodnight Naina… Sabka aur apna dhyaan rakhna…” Her eyes were welling up with tears & I could see that she was refraining them from falling in front of me, “Tum sambhal kar jaana aur pohoch kar Maa aur Nanu ko call kar dena… Unhe tumhari fikar lagi rahegi…” I wanted her to say to call her too but she didn’t say anything more & kept looking at me… I said goodbye to her & the car sped up towards the airport…

How was I going to stay away from her for a week??? I needed to wrap up the important deal in Sydney fast & be back soon… I couldn’t sleep throughout the flight… There was only one thought in my mind, “Naina…” I wish I had her mobile number then I could at least hear her soft voice that would soothe me immediately… I opened the Facebook app & searched for her. I found her profile & I kept looking at all her pictures… Most of her pictures were with her parents… I slowly took the mobile screen to my lips & kissed it.

When I reached Sydney, I called up at my home first to inform them. I messaged Munna & Pandit too that I’ve reached safely. I wanted to ask them about Naina but I was very much tired & sleep deprived as well. As soon as I reached the hotel toom, I dozed off… I was having meeting with the clients from the next day, so I needed proper rest before I got in action… I called up at night again with a hope that Naina would pick up the call but no such thing happened… It continued for the next three days… I got updates from Munna & Pandit about Naina but still my heart yearned to see her, to talk to her…

The meetings were going great & I wished that they would finalise the deal with us soon so I could get back to my Naina… It was my fourth day in Sydney & I had just finished the meeting & had got back to my hotel room… I freshened up & was about to order some food, when my mobile rang. It was a video call from Munna… I picked up immediately…

“Hello…” I saw my gang of best friends on the screen but there was no trace of Naina… “Hey Sameer… Kaisa hai???” “Main thik hun. Bas abhi meeting se hi aaya hun… Tum sab batao kaise ho sab???” I wished Naina would’ve joined them too for this video call. They all updated me about the work & then suddenly Preeti teased, “Tum kisi ko dhoond rahe ho kya Sameer???” I rolled my eyes. I’m sure they all knew that I wanted to see Naina…

“Sorry bhai… Teri yeh iccha poori nahi ho sakti…”, Munna said acting sad… “Kyun nahi ho sakti???”, I asked matching his expressions. “Woh… Naina na meeting mein hai, isliye toh abhi video call kiya tujhe…”, Pandit said excitedly… What does that mean??? I frowned & he continued, “Sameer… Abhi hamari baat dhyan se sunn tu… Naina ko lagta hai ki tu aur Amrita couple ho…” “Really??? Woh aisa kaise soch sakti hai??? Maine kaha toh tha ki Amrita meri best friend hai…” I was now depressed with this news.

Pandit chided me, “Maine kaha humari baat sunne ko… Tu ab kuch bol mat aur sirf chupchaap sunn… Samjha???” I nodded & Munna continued, “Sameer… Hume lagta hai ki Naina bhi tujhe pasand karti hai, bas Amrita ki entry ne sab uljha diya hai… Par accha hi hai… Isse yeh toh pataa chalaa ki tune bhi Naina ke dil mein apni jagah banaa li hai…” He told me what Naina had told Swati & Preeti, when the girls asked her the reason for her low mood.

I was flabbergasted to know about their conversation. I scolded the girls then, “Naina se promise kiya tha na tum dono ne ki yeh sab mujhe nahi bataogi. Toh fir yeh sab kya hai???” They both looked at each other. “Humne tumhe na batane ka promise kiya tha. Par hamare humsafar ko toh bataa hi sakte the… aur humne thodi directly tumse kuch kahaa… yeh toh tumhare best friends ke pet mein hi kuch nahi rehta… Toh humne koi promise nahi toda hai Sameer…”, Preeti said defensively. “Aur yeh accha hai… Hum tumhari hi help kar rahe hai. Fir bhi hume hi sunaa raha hai. Abhi se hi joru ka ghulaam bann gaya yeh toh…”, Swati teased me & I couldn’t hold back my blush…

“Sameer… Tum jab se gaye ho Naina ekdum khoyi khoyi si rehne lagi hai… teen din se toh naashta bhi bhool jaati hai… Woh toh hum hi hai jo peeche padte hai tab khaati hai kuch… Bohot miss karti hai tujhe…”, Pandit informed me & I was very much delighted with this news… I was missing her too…

“Sameer… Ab hamara plan sunn tu… Naina ke saamne tumhe yahi dikhana hoga ki Amrita tumhare jyada close hai… Inn dono ne Naina se kaha hai ki Amrita yahaan shaadi karne aayi hai aur yahin settle hogi… Bas bhai tu bhi thoda acting kar lena, toh teri naiyya bhi paar lag jaaye…” I was angry with the way they were asking me to act in front of Naina… I could never do that. I could never hurt her; I can’t even think of it…

I controlled my rising anger, “Aur tumhe lagta hai ki main yeh sab naatak karne ke liye taiyaar ho jaaunga??? Toh tum sab galat soch rahe ho… Main aisa kuch nahi karuga… Samjhe tum sab. Waise hi maine Naina ko bohot hurt kiya hai jab woh yahaan aayi thi. Aage main kuch aisa nahi karunga… Main usse kabhi bhi jaan bujhkar hurt nahi karunga… Aur tum sab na apna plan apne paas hi rakho… Mujhe meri Naina ko kaise manana hai, woh main khud dekh lunga… Bye…”

I disconnected the call without hearing anything more from them… They called me again & again, but I rejected their calls & ordered some food… I needed to eat first, so that I could think straight… I finished my lunch & then I was scrolling through her profile on Facebook. I needed to talk to her. I didn’t think twice before sending her a friend request… I knew she would be probably busy in office so she won’t accept my friend request now.

I got ready as I had planned to buy gifts for everyone… I got a call from the reception that the cab had arrived. I visited the market & bought gifts for everyone… I wanted to buy something special for Naina so I kept looking around when my eyes landed on a jewellery shop… I immediately entered the shop & asked the salesman to show me some delicate jewellery…

I finalised few jewelleries that would look stunning on my Naina… I left the shop happily & went straight to my hotel room to pack all the gifts… It was already late night when I reached my hotel room… I ordered dinner as I was famished… I was just getting ready to lay down on the bed when my mobile chimed with a notification… I had totally forgotten that I’d sent a friend request to Naina…

I held my breath till I unlocked my mobile to open the notification. I was on cloud nine, when I saw that Naina indeed had accepted my friend request… I could hold no longer & messaged her a ‘Hi…’ It was time to talk to her… I was elated that she was online & was typing a reply…

Her reply came within a minute, ‘Hi… Kaise ho Sameer?’ I released the breath that I was holding till now… I replied, ‘Main thik hun Naina… Tum kaisi ho?’ Her reply was instant, ‘Main bhi thik hi hun…’ ‘Office mein koi problem toh nahi hui na?’ She replied, ‘Nahi… Sab thik hai yahaan… Sab help kar dete hai…’

‘Tum terrace par ho kya?’, I knew she was there but I wanted to prolong our conversation… ‘Haannn…’ I wanted to hear her voice & I couldn’t hold it any longer, ‘Kya main tumhe voice call kar sakta hun???’ I didn’t get her reply & instead I got a voice call from her… Yessssss… My Naina was calling me…

I picked up the call, “Helloo… Naina…” I heard her sharp intake on breath & she replied, “Helloo… Sameer…” That was it… I was finally hearing her voice after four days… we both were silent for a while & then I spoke, “Tum ne thik se khaana khaaya na Naina??? Maine suna ki tum aaj kal thik se khaati nahi ho…” She replied softly, “Woh main subah late uthati hun toh breakfast miss ho jaata hai…” “Aur tum office jaakar bhi naashta nahi karti na Naina???” I could hear her rapid breathing on the call, “Yeh sab tumhe kaise pataa Sameer???”

I chuckled, “Tum mera sawaal avoid mat karo… Bolo office jaakar bhi naashta nahi karti na tum???” She stuttered a little, “Nahi… Main… Main naa… Woh kaam mein bhool jaati hun…” “Naina… Please time se khaana khaaya karo. Mujhe accha nahi lagega agar tum office bina breakfast kiye jaaogi… Maa aur Nanu ko bhi tumhari fikar hoti hogi na...” She spoke after a while, “Thik hai… Main kal se time par sab meals kha lungi…”

I was happy that she agreed, “Naina… Ab so jao bohot late ho gaya hai…” She murmured, “Neend kise aani hai waise bhi…” I smiled at her words, “Kya kaha tumne Naina???” She stuttered again, “Kuch… Kuch… Nahi…” I spoke softly, “Mujhe bhi kahaan neend aati hai yahaan…” I heard her taking deep breaths, “Naina… Room mein jao… Thand badh gayi hogi…”

“Hmmmm…” That was all I heard from her… I don’t know what was going on in her mind right now… “Ummm… Sameer… Tum kab aa rahe ho wapis???” I closed my eyes & answered, “Bohot jald Naina…” She hummed again & spoke, “So jao Naina… Aaj tumhe neend aa hi jaayegi… Goodnight…” “Goodnight Sameer…” And with that we disconnected the call…

Now I was at peace after talking to her & hearing her voice… I never thought that I would get so desperate to talk to her… I never thought that I would fall so hard & fast for anyone… Life Is full of surprises… And my life has surprised me with bringing Naina into my boring life… I just wanted to finish signing the papers tomorrow & head back to her…

When I got up in the morning, I wanted to message her wishing good morning. But as usual I controlled my urge & got ready for the day… The meeting was held early today as the final decision would be taken today… I left for the meeting, praying that we get the deal…

I was already night when I checked my mobile to see Naina’s messages… I opened the chat & saw that she was asking me if the meeting was going well & if I had my meals properly… I instantly called her up without checking what time it was. The urgency to hear her voice had surpassed everything now...

She picked up the call in the first ring itself, “Hello… Sameer… Tum kahaan ho???” Before I could reply, she sensed my presence & looked at me… I was looking at my most beautiful girl. She was sitting on the swing as usual; she was wearing the same white salwar suit & her hair was open tonight…

I had taken the first flight in the morning from Sydney when I bagged & signed that deal… I didn’t waste any time there & was very much desperate to come here… And now after looking at my Naina, I knew I made the right decision... All my tiredness of the long flight vanished in a single second when I saw her on the swing looking at the sky… I had the keys of the house & had come in without disturbing anyone’s sleep. I knew she would be here on the terrace…

She kept her phone aside on the swing & came running to me… Everything happened so fast that I didn’t realise that she was hugging me… She was finally in my arms… My heart was beating rapidly… My dream of having her in my arms had finally come true… I could feel my shirt getting a little wet & I looked down at her. Was she crying???

“Naina…” She just hummed & tightened her hold, “I missed you Sameer…” I heard her soft voice after a while & I replied too, “I missed you too Naina…”

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone…

How was the update?

Do let me know through your precious votes & comments…

Ignore the mistakes…

With Lots of Love,

DIKU…❤

Edited by diku1302 - 3 years ago
swara397 thumbnail

Just loved it can't wait for next update❤️

diku1302 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: swara397

Just loved it can't wait for next update❤️