SAMAINA FF : AN INEVITABLE INTRUDER - EPILOGUE UPDATED ON PAGE 15

Posted: 3 years ago

AN INEVITABLE INTRUDER

INTRODUCTION

Sameer Maheshwari...

A 27-year handsome & dashing CEO of 'MAHESHWARI INDUSTRIES', awarded with 'BEST ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR'. He stays with his Nanu, Mr Jaiprakash Maheshwari & his widowed mother, Vishakha Somani in Mumbai... He's a broken soul & has lost trust after finding his own wife, Sunaina Parekh, cheating on him with his nemesis. The marriage was an arranged one so, it didn't matter to him more & he got divorced after staying in marriage for a year. He didn't love her or anything. He had married her because of his Nanu's promise that he'd made to Sunaina's grandfather. But this experience made him ruder towards the other gender. He didn't trust anyone. He has two best friends, Manoj aka Munna & Pandit, who are his business partners as well. Munna is married to Swati & Pandit is engaged to Preeti... They all stood by his side in all the circumstances... Preeti & Swati were the ones who had spotted Sunaina with Sameer's rival, Karthik in a hotel. After that incident, Sameer & his friends hired a private investigator who followed Sunaina all the time. The investigator had enough evidences to prove that she was cheating Sameer continuously... The evidences were shown to the respective families which led to a mutual divorce filed immediately. Nanu & Vishakha tried a lot to convince him to remarry again, but he didn't pay any heed to their requests & was stubborn that he won't marry again...

Naina Agarwal...

A 25-year hot & beautiful girl who has topped 'Business Management' in the University of Canada. Her father, Rakesh Agarwal & her mother, Rama Agarwal shifted to Canada when she was five years old. They didn't have any relatives in India as they were boycotted from the society after they eloped & got married. After staying in Mumbai for six years, they'd shifted to Canada when Rakesh Agrawal had got promoted & transferred to Canada. Since then, they settled there. Naina was their only daughter so she was pampered a lottt... But now she wanted to come back to India & get a job here. She really begged her parents for allowing her this chance... As they didn't have any relatives in India, her parents were reluctant to send her. But Naina convinced them. Naina's mother was friends with Vishakha Somani since college times & were in touch continuously... So, she asked her if Naina could stay with them until she finds her own place to stay & Vishakha agreed happily.

AN INEVITABLE INTRUDER

CHAPTER ONE

SAMEER

It was a cool Sunday morning & I was in deep slumber when the doorbell rang twice & I thought it was my dream. I dragged the quilt over covering my face... but it rang again... I checked the time; it was just six in the morning. Who the hell was at the door at this hour??? I got up in a huff, ready to give a piece of my mind to whoever was at the doorstep. I came down quickly without bothering to wear my t-shirt, hoping that the ringing of doorbell didn't disturb Nanu's & Maa's sleep.

I yanked open the door & saw someone standing in front of me fully clothed from head to toe, only the eyes were visible... Who was this fluffy person? I stood there staring at whoever that person was... "Yesss...", I asked finally breaking the silence... The person chirped, "Hiii... Tum Sameer ho na???" I heard a soft voice, so it was a girl... I was surprised that she knew my name. Who was she??? And what was she doing here... "Haannn... Main Sameer hun... Par tum kaun ho??? Aur itni subah subah yahaan kya kar rahi ho???" I just wanted to go back to sleep & enjoy the holiday staying in bed...

"Arey Naina... Tum aa gayi???" I heard my mother's voice from behind me. "Haannn aunty... Main aa gayi...", she replied softly to my mother... "Wahaan kyun khadi ho? Andar aa jao beta..." She looked at me while speaking, "Sameer saamne se hate toh main andar aaun na aunty..." I was indeed blocking her way into my house... into my life... "Sameer... Naina ko andar aane do... wahaan darwaaza rok kar kyun khade ho?" I moved away from the door & she entered the house dragging her three large suitcases one by one...

Both of them settled on the sofa... Naina started removing the layers of clothing one by one... first her gloves came off, then the muffler she'd tied around her neck, then the woolen monkey cap that had covered her hair & then the overcoat. Her hair tumbled down swiftly & I stared at her long straight hair. She was in jeans & a long baggy sweatshirt now. To my surprise, she removed that sweatshirt too... She was wearing a sleeveless red top that revealed her sexy curves... Why was I looking at her curves??? What's wrong with me???

I looked away when I heard my mother's voice again, "Sameer... Yeh kya hai??? Jao shirt pehen kar aao." I flushed at her words & saw Naina smirking at me... God... She was so irritating. I left towards my room without giving a backward glance... I freshened up quickly & went down to the living room to know why this girl was in my house with so much luggage on a Sunday morning...

When I reached, I saw them still sitting on the sofa & laughing at something that Nanu said. "Maa... Nanu... Main Pandit ke ghar jaa raha hun... ab raat ko hi ghar aaunga... khaane pe mera intezaar mat karna..." "Arey Barkhurdar aaj Sunday hai... thoda aaraam kar lo beta... poora hafta kaam karke thake nahi... Bechare Pandit ke plans kharaab mat karo. Woh aaj Preeti ke saath baahar jaanewala hai... Bhool gaye tum???" How could I forget that? Pandit had planned everything in advance. He was going to propose Preeti for marriage today...

I sat down next to Nanu, "Main kaise bhool gaya. Accha hua aapne yaad dila diya Nanu, warna uski sab planning kharaab ho jaati..." He patted my back, "Hota hai beta... Chal ab naashta banaate hai aaj." I smiled & nodded... "Naina beta... Chalo tumhe tumhara kamra dikhati hun. Tum fresh ho jao... Tab tak naashta ban jaayega...", my mother told her sweetly... Her luggage was already shifted to the room next to mine. They both went away & I joined Nanu in the kitchen...

We used to make breakfast on Sundays, it has become a habit since years... My mother came back & joined us in the kitchen... "Maa... Yeh ladki kaun hai aur yahaan kyun aayi hai itne saaman ke saath?", I asked her finally. "Sameer... Tum toh meri best friend, Rama Agarwal, ko jaante ho na... Naina ussi ki eklauti beti hai... Woh kuch time tak rahegi hamare saath..." "Maa... woh uske kisi relative ke ghar bhi reh sakti hai. Rama aunty toh Canada se hai na, toh woh unki beti ke liye ghar kharid sakti hai, yaa rent par bhi le sakti hai... Yahaan hamare ghar mein kyun rehne bheja usse?" The control on my anger was snapping slowly...

"Sameer... unke koi relatives nahi hai yahaan... aur aise kaise koi bhi maa-baap apni beti ko akele kisi bhi ghar mein rehne de sakti hai... woh bhi ek anjaan desh mein..." my mother said almost painfully. "Maa... toh uss ladki ko akele aana hi kyun tha ek anjaan desh mein... Canada mein hi reh leti..." I didn't understand what was the need to come & stay in a different country all alone that too away from her parents...

"Sameer...", my mother admonished & looked behind me. I turned & saw Naina standing there a little lost... "Nanu... Aap log naashta kar lijiye. Main baad mein kha lunga..." I didn't glance at Naina & went past her in a huff. I took my bike keys & left towards the gym. I needed to calm myself... I didn't understand that why was I so worked up with her arrival. Her arrival was not giving me good signals... It felt as if my life was going to be disrupted. She was bad news for me, that was for sure.

I reached the gym & worked out for almost two hours. My mind was filled with her thoughts almost all the while. I couldn't miss her sexy curves & long open hair when I left home. She was dressed in a white jumpsuit... I didn't look at her directly but I did sneak a glance of her from the corner of my eyes. She was affecting me too much & I can't let that happen... I wanted the control back & so it was better to stay away from her.

When I reached home, I saw Nanu & Maa sitting in the living room & there was no trace of Naina... It was a relief that I didn't have to face her again. I went straight to my room & headed towards the bathroom for a shower. I got ready in the next half an hour & joined the others in the living room as I was too hungry. I wore a simple blue t-shirt & black track pants. My hair was a little wet...

"Maa... Aap logon ne naashta kar liya???" She didn't answer & left towards the kitchen. Nanu too didn't reply but was looking at the scene unfolding with amusement. "Maa... Suno naa... Mujhe bohot bhook lagi hai. Kuch khaane ko milega???" I rubbed my hand on my stomach trying to add extra effect... She handed me a plate full of three aloo parathas with curd & moved towards her room.

"Maa... Ruko... Aap mujhse naaraaz ho???" I knew she was upset with my behavior towards the new guest. "Main tumse kyun naaraaz hone lagi Sameer?" I sighed, "Fir aap mujhse baat kyun nahi kar rahi?" She looked at me with wet eyes that pricked me straight in my heart, "Mujhe lagaa tha ki yeh mera bhi ghar hai, isliye maine Rama ko haan bol diya Naina ko yahaan rakhne ke liye... Par shayad mujhe tumse permission le leni chahiye thi Naina ko yahaan rakhne ke liye. Meri galti ho gayi beta... Aur jaise tum subah baat kar rahe the usse toh yahi lagta hai ki tum Naina ko iss ghar mein nahi dekhna chaahte... Sorry beta... Main aaj hi Naina ko yahaan se jaane ke liye bol dungi..."

She was about to turn, when I held her hand, "Maa... Yeh ghar aapka hi hai. Aap jisse chaaho usse yahaan rakh sakti ho. Main kuch nahi kahunga... Ab toh mujhe maaf kardo aur naashta khila do. Bohot time ho gaya hai aapke haath se khaaye hue..." I said seriously looking at her... "Nautanki kahin ka... Baith main khila deti hun... Aur Naina se tameez se pesh aana. Woh iss ghar mein rehne wali hai ab se." I nodded halfheartedly & she fed me the aloo parathas with her hand lovingly...

I saw Naina standing on the stairs & watching us. She smiled at me but I looked away instead of reciprocating to her smile. I needed to be away from her at all cost. I can't be distracted by her. I finished the meal & sat with Nanu. We were watching the live telecast of the cricket match between India & Australia. Maa was in the kitchen & Naina was helping her. I wondered if she even knew to cook.

There was a commotion on the door which diverted our attention from the match. Munna & Swati arrived. Munna joined us in watching the match whereas Swati joined the others in the kitchen after taking Nanu's blessings. Munna & Swati got married last year & were very happy. Munna was one of my business partners & Swati worked in the human resource department in our company. They were childhood sweethearts. They respected & loved each other a lot. They were a perfect example of a happily married couple...

I & Munna were busy in discussing some project when the ladies were back from the kitchen, "Sameer... Munna... Tum dono yahaan bhi shuru ho gaye. Sunday ka din kaam se chutti ka din hota hai. Aur tum dono aaj ke din bhi project discuss kar rahe ho. Chalo lunch ready ho gaya hai...", my mother ordered us & we followed her quietly to the table. Nanu was already seated at the table.

"Aaj khushboo toh bohot acchi aa rahi hai... Kya kya banaaya hai lunch mein???", Munna was opening the lids of all the dishes kept on the table. He was so happy to see some of our favorite dishes for lunch... My mouth watered too, when I saw my favorite aloo halwa... I looked at my mother, "Arey waahhh Maa... Aaj kya special hai, jo itni acchi acchi dishes bani hai???"

"Bas thoda intezaar karo abhi khushkhabri mil hi jaayegi." I didn't understand what she was talking about so, I just shrugged & started to take a serving of my favorite aloo halwa, when my mother hit me on my hand, "Abhi nahi... Ruko thodi der..." What was going on & why was I not supposed to start eating??? I raised my eyebrows, "Maa... Main abhi kyun nahi khaa sakta. Sab toh dining table par hai aur kaun aanewala hai?" I said glancing at Naina...

"Abhi pataa chal jaayega beta... Thoda sabar karo na Sameer..." I heard some noises in the living room & I got up to check who had arrived. But before I could move, Pandit & Preeti reached the dining table. "Arey Pandit... Tum dono yahaan kya kar rahe ho? Tum toh baahar jaanewale the na aaj?" I asked him to confirm if his plans of proposing marriage to Preeti had worked or not.

"Preeti ne haannn kar di bhai...", he squealed in happiness & we all hugged & congratulated them... Pandit was my other business partner & Preeti was the legal advisor in our company... Once we all were settled on the dining table again, Nanu asked, "Pandit beta... Preeti ne toh shaadi ke liye haan kardi. Toh batao Panditji ko kab bulvana hai shubh mahurat nikalvane ke liye???" He looked at Preeti & she spoke, "Nanu... hamare mummy-papa aapse milne aayenge issi silsile mein... shayad issi hafte aayenge aapse milne, tabhi sab decide kar lenge..." "Chalo thik hai... Tumhare papa se main baat kar lunga.", Nanu said happily.

During lunch time, my mother introduced Naina to all my best friends... all were happy to meet her & everyone gelled with her instantly, except me... my friends were looking at me but didn't say anything. "Naina... apne baare mein kuch batao. Tum India kyun aayi ho???" Preeti asked her the exact question that I wanted to know since her arrival. "Haannn yaar Naina... Sab yahaan se Canada jaate hai aur tum Canada se yahaan India kyun aayi ho?", Swati too joined...

"Ummmm... Mera janm India mein hi hua tha. Jab main paanch saal ki thi tab hum Canada shift ho gaye the. Uske baad hum kabhi India nahi aaye. Par mujhe hamesha yahaan aane ka mann hota tha. Kai baar mummy-papa se kahaa par woh log hamesha taal dete the. Hamara koi relative nahi hai India mein, yahi kehkar mujhe tok dete the. Aur fir maine tabhi mann banaa liya tha ki ek baar meri post-graduation khatam ho jaaye toh main India aaungi aur yahin job karungi, yahin settle ho jaaungi."

She really had guts to think & make it happen in real to come alone & make her life here. I was impressed but kept a straight face, hiding my reactions. She continued, "Meri kitni minnatein karne ke baad mujhe yahaan aane ka mauka mila hai. Bas ab ek acchi job mil jaaye toh mera sapna poora ho jaaye." "Tumhare qualifications kya hai Naina?", Munna asked her & I knew where this conversation would end.

"Maine business management mein top liya hai Canada university mein." We all looked at her surprised. "Naina tumhe kahin bhi acchi placement mil jaati abroad. Don't you think you're wasting a good opportunity?" She smiled, "Main jaanti hun Preeti, tum kya kehne ki koshish kar rahi ho. Par main hamesha se India aana chaahti thi, yahaan rehna chaahti thi. Mujhe hamara Indian culture bohot pasand hai. Aur maine yeh sab bohot miss kiya hai Canada mein. Ab aage ki meri poori zindagi main yahin rehna chaahti hun. Mera sapna hai ki mera India mein apna ek ghar ho, jo main poora karungi aur apne mummy-papa ko yahaan bulaa lungi. Mujhe pataa hai woh bhi meri tarah India ko bohot miss karte hai. Papa kuch hi saalon mein retire ho jaayenge aur fir main unhe yahaan bula lungi. I just hope tab tak main hamare liye ek ghar kharid paaun..."

I was highly impressed with her thoughts. "Tum itni acchi Hindi kaise bol leti ho Naina?" Nanu asked & she laughed a little, "Thoda bohot mummy-papa ne sikhaya aur baaki ka maine hindi online classes se sikha." We all joined her laughter...

NAINA

I was so excited that my parents finally agreed to send me to India. I wanted them to come with me. They couldn't come because of my father's job, but they promised me that they would visit me in intervals once I settled myself in India. I was to stay at my mother's best friends place till I could find accommodation for myself.

I was tired after the fourteen hours flight, but when I landed in India, my excitement was back... I was so happy... I took a cab from the airport to Vishakha aunty's house in Bandra. It was quite early in the morning when I reached her place. The cab driver helped me place my luggage at the doorstep. I was feeling a little odd to ring the doorbell to someone's house at six in the morning. But I didn't have a choice & I rang the doorbell twice.

I knew they must be sleeping so I rang the doorbell again. My mother had already told me about her best friend, Vishakha aunty & her family. So, I knew that only three people stayed in the house, Vishakha aunty, her father & her son, Sameer... I heard some footsteps near the main door & was relieved that I didn't need to ring the doorbell again.

When the door opened, the vision in front of me stopped my heart for a few moments. I was sure he was Sameer, Vishakha aunty's son... He looked so hot & handsome. He was standing there shirtless looking at me keenly, maybe trying to figure out who I am. I couldn't look away from his deep black eyes. My eyes were fixed on him. He broke the silence after staring at me for a while, "Yesss..." His sleepy voice sounded so sexy to me but his voice was loud enough for me to break my trance.

I almost chirped in excitement, ""Hiii... Tum Sameer ho na???" He was definitely surprised that I knew his name. He replied a bit rudely, "Haannn... Main Sameer hun... Par tum kaun ho??? Aur itni subah subah yahaan kya kar rahi ho???" I wasn't sure if he was angry at me for ruining his sleep or it was his habit to talk rudely to everyone. But before I could say anything, Vishakha aunty appeared & took me in.

Sameer was standing at the door, blocking my entry altogether. But his mother's admonishments made him move & I entered the house. It was warm & cosy. The interiors were quite impressive... We settled on the sofa, where I started to remove my extra clothing. Sameer stood there & watched me doing it. Once I was done, I knew he was clean bowled with my looks. Her mother scolded & sent him away to wear a t-shirt as he was still standing there shirtless all the while. I smirked whereas he gave me a glare & left towards his room without a backward glance...

I somewhere had a feeling that he didn't like my arrival in his house. But I neglected that feeling & was happy being in India finally. Vishakha aunty asked me about my parents & our lifestyles back in Canada. I patiently answered all her queries, when Nanu too joined us. We sat there until Sameer came back after freshening up. He was leaving to go to his friend's place when Nanu stopped him.

Vishakha aunty took me to a room on the first floor which was quite nice. It was same as my room in Canada... It felt good to stay in such homely place. My luggage was already sent to my room through a housemaid. I took a long shower as I was too tired after the long flight. I opened one of my suitcase & took the first dress that came in my hand. I wore the white jumpsuit & went down to have breakfast as I was damn hungry.

When I reached the kitchen, I heard Sameer talking to his mother, ""Maa... toh uss ladki ko akele aana hi kyun tha ek anjaan desh mein... Canada mein hi reh leti..." I didn't hear the conversation before this. But his words stung me hard. I was lost in my thoughts & my eyes were wet as I've never heard such words used for me. But somehow, I controlled my tears. I couldn't let anyone's words hurt me. I have come to India to fulfill my dream & I would do it.

Sameer went past me without giving me a glance. Vishakha aunty came to me, "Naina beta... Sameer ki baaton ka bura mat maanna. Woh bas aise hi bol raha tha. Tum aao... Baitho yahan... Main abhi naashta baana deti hun..." I didn't say anything & sat at the dining table. Nanu joined me there & started asking me about my life. I knew he was trying to divert my mind but still Sameer's words were ringing in my head continuously. I understood that Sameer wasn't informed about my arrival & staying in this house. I was an uninvited guest here.

We finished the breakfast & I went back to my room to take a nap. I didn't realize that I slept for almost more than two hours. I freshened up & went down & saw Vishakha aunty feeding Sameer. I smiled at him but he didn't. I got his message loud & clear that I wasn't welcomed in his house. I sat with Nanu for some time & then joined Vishakha aunty for preparing the lunch.

Sameer & Nanu were watching cricket when his friends arrived. Vishakha aunty introduced Swati to me. She was a sweet beautiful girl. We became friends instantly & were helping Vishakha aunty with the lunch. A lot of dishes were being made. There was a housemaid but I didn't find her in the kitchen. "Aunty... Aapke ghar mein housemaid hai toh fir aap akele hi kyun khaana banaa rahi ho?" She smiled sweetly & spoke, "Hamare ghar mein khaana khud hi banane ki pehle se hi aadat hai hume. Housemaid baaki ke dusre kaam sambhaal leti hai, par khaana toh main hi banati hun. Kabhi kabhi Papa aur Sameer bhi banaa lete hai..."

I was impressed that all the meals were prepared by aunty & even by Nanu & Sameer. We finished cooking & placed all the dishes on the dining table. Swati introduced me to her husband, Munna. He was a jovial person. Vishakha aunty didn't let Sameer serve himself & asked him to wait for some time. After sometime, we came to know the reason behind the celebration. Sameer's other friends, Preeti had agreed to marry Pandit.

I was introduced to them while having lunch. They asked me some genuine questions which I answered honestly revealing all my dreams to them. They were surprised but didn't comment on my choices. And I was happy with that. "Arey waahhh... Yeh aloo halwaa toh mast banaa hai aaj Maa..." Sameer said taking a second serving. Swati & Vishakha looked at me & spoke at the same time, "Aloo ka halwaa Naina ne banaaya hai..." I could see the surprise on Sameer's face but he didn't comment anything further & continued eating his lunch without uttering a word. "Naina yaar... kahaan se sikha tumne itna accha khaana banana. Mujhe toh sirf maggi banana aata hai." Preeti asked curiously. "Mummy ne sikhaaya hai. Mujhe khaana banana bohot accha lagta hai... Ek alag sa sukoon milta hai..." I said happily.

"Naina... Thoda Preeti ko bhi sikha dogi... Mera pet sirf Maggi se nahi bharega..." Pandit received a punch from Preeti & we all burst into peals of laughter. I said a little hesitantly, "Ummm... Aunty... mujhe jaise hi job mil jaayega, main koi accha sa apartment rent par dhoond lungi." I turned around facing others, "Kya tum log kisi acche broker ko recommend kar sakte ho please..." The table turned silent for a while & I continued, "Main yahaan jyada din nahi reh sakti Aunty... mujhe kisiko taklif dena pasand nahi hai. Bas thode dino mein chali jaaungi yahaan se. I promise..."

"Tum kahin nahi jaaogi Naina... Maine Rama ko promise kiya hai ki tumhe kabhi akela nahi chodungi. Beta... aaj pehla din khatam bhi nahi hua aur tum jaane ki baat kar rahi ho. Ek hi din mein humse mann bhar gaya tumhara...", Vishakha aunty said sadly. "Nahi aunty aap galat samaj rahi hai. Mera woh matlab bilkul nahi tha... Main bas kisi pe boj nahi banna chaahti..." Nanu looked at Sameer & spoke, "Naina... tum kahin nahi jaaogi. Yeh mera final decision hai... Agar kisiko problem hai toh usme main kuch nahi kar sakta... Agar tum meri poti hoti toh kya main tumhe aise kahin bhi akela rehne deta... Kabhi nahi... Tum hamare saath hi rahogi. Kahin nahi jaaogi tum... Samjhi beta..."

Munna & Pandit diverted our intense talks with their banters which lightened the mood immediately. We all finished the lunch with lots of teasing & chatting nonstop. I'd never imagined that I would get such great friends on the first day of my visit to India. Nanu & Vishakha aunty retired to their rooms for taking their afternoon nap after finishing the lunch. We all settled in the living room & continued talking. I desperately wanted coffee so I asked if anyone wanted too. Everyone agreed but Sameer didn't say anything. I went to the kitchen & prepared six cups of coffee. I placed the tray on the table & everyone picked up the cup, even Sameer. I was happy that at least he didn't behave weirdly in front of his friends.

"Naina... Tum konsi job prefer karna chahogi? Anything specific?", Pandit asked me diverting everyone's attention on me. I thought for a while & said, "Waise maine do saal ki internship ki hai in financial accounting. So, I think I would prefer doing that." All of them shared a look between themselves & I was confused with that. Munna took the lead, "Naina... Main jaanta hun yeh bohot jaldi hai. Par main tumhe hamare company mein financial accountant ka job offer karna chaahta hun."

I went speechless for a while almost in shock. I pinched myself which was noticed by the others & they giggled. "Tum aise hi bina koi interview ke mujhe itni badi job offer kar rahe ho?", I asked aloud. My gaze locked on Sameer, wanting to confirm if he too wanted the same. But he didn't say anything but he had held my gaze. I looked away as I couldn't hold on to his intent gaze...

"Ummmm Munna... Agar tum bura na maano toh kya hum yeh baatein kal tumhare office mein kar sakte hai? Main bhi zara soch leti hun tab tak. Kal jawaab dun toh chalega?" He smiled, "Tumhe abhi jawaab dene ki koi zarurat nahi hai Naina. Kal hamare office aa jaana. Wahin aaram se baat karenge..." I nodded & we resumed talking... Munna & Swati told me their sweet love story & I was all ears listening to them...

Pandit & Preeti too told me their love story. I was in awe after hearing them. They all were indeed perfect couples... Sameer was just a mute spectator throughout the conversation. "Waise Naina... ek short cut bhi hai agar tumhe yahin India me settle hona ho toh." I didn't understand what she wanted to say, "Kya short cut Swati???" "Naina... tum kisi acche se rich, hot & handsome Indian ladke se shaadi kar lo, fir tum yahaan permanently settle ho sakti ho... tumhe job karne ki bhi zarurat nahi padegi..." Swati teased making everyone laugh...

I rolled my eyes at that, "Mujhe India mein rehne ke liye kisise bhi shaadi karne ki zarurat nahi hai... Main shaadi toh sirf usse karungi jisse mujhe pyaar hoga..." I said dreamily... "Fir toh hume bhi intezaar rahega ki kab tumhe tumhara Rajkumar milega..." Pandit said looking at me. "Waise Naina... jo bhi ladka hoga usse toh hamari saari tests pass karni hogi... Meri koi behen nahi hai, toh kya tum mujhe apna bhai banaogi???" Before I could answer, Pandit spoke too, "Mujhe bhi apna bhai banaogi Naina???"

I was beyond happy... I nodded at them happily with tear filled eyes & they took me in their hugs... I was so lucky to find such beautiful people on my very first visit to India. I wanted to call & tell everything to my parents, but I needed a new phone & sim-card too. Sameer just sat there looking at us expressionless. I didn't know what was going on in his mind. But I decided to stay away from him nonetheless... I promised myself that I won't get in his way at all till I stay here in this house.

I wanted to give some time to them so that Sameer would talk to them. He wasn't speaking at all in my presence. So, I faked yawning a bit which was noticed by Swati, "Naina... Tum jaakar thoda aaram karlo... Flight ki thakaan bhi hogi. Hum waise bhi kal mil hi rahe hai na... Sameer... tum Naina ko apne saath le aana office..." "Nahii... Main aa jaungi apne aap... Kal milti hun main sabse... Take care..."

Swati & Preeti hugged me tightly & Munna & Pandit gave me a side hug. I headed towards my room without turning back as my eyes turned misty... I didn't get such great friends neither in school nor in college throughout my life ... I felt some connection with these four of them instantly... I even connected with Nanu & Vishakha aunty... But Sameer seemed far off... I didn't want to think about him now...

I didn't know what will happen tomorrow... I laid back on the bed & closed my eyes making plans for my future...

How was the update???

Do vote & comment if you like the story...

Ignore the mistakes...

Merry Christmas Everyone...

Enjoy... Take Care & Stay Safe...

With Lots of Love,

DIKU...❤

Superb ... stories ..😊

Originally posted by Guptasuchi

Superb ... stories ..😊

Thank u so much ❤️

Will update on Saturday 😊❤️

Hello everyone…

I’m back with the next chapter…

Do vote & comment if you like the story…

Ignore the mistakes…

With Lots of Love,

DIKU…❤

AN INEVITABLE INTRUDER

CHAPTER TWO

SAMEER

What was going on? How come my own friends offered her a job in our company that too without even consulting me… I’m the CEO of that company… They didn’t even ask me for my opinion which irked me a lot… I’m trying to stay away from that girl & here, my best friends cum my business partners are inviting her in our company where I will have to face her all the time. It’s not even few hours & she has disrupted my life. All the relations that are important to me are under her spell…

After she left us in the living room, I felt relief wash over me. “Sameer… Tum itne chup kyun ho kabse? Kya hua hai tumhe?” Pandit asked me directly drawing everyone’s attention on me. I knew this would be coming, but I thought Munna would be the one to ask me this. I just shrugged casually, “Mujhe kya hua hai.” Munna was watching me sharply… Swati & Preeti kept mum waiting for me to speak, but I remained silent.

“Aise kaise kuch nahi hua. Hum tujhe bachpan se jaante hai Sameer, tumhare rag rag se waakif hai hum. Toh ab chup chaap bataa, kya hua hai? Tu Naina se baat kyun nahi kar raha tha? Kab se dekh raha hun, tum kaise Naine ko dekh rahe the…” Munna finally lost his patience.

What should I tell them? How can I tell them that she’s distracting me since her arrival? She’s affecting me too much which is not a good sign… All of them kept staring at me but I remained quiet as I didn’t want to tell them the real reason. But I knew that they won’t let this go, so I could escape this only by lying to them…

So, I blurted, “Munna-Pandit tum sab jaante toh ho na ki main aisa hi hun. Ladkiyon ke saath main aise hi pesh aata hun. I don’t trust them. Aur maa bhi na, kisiko bhi ghar mein rakhne ke liye taiyaar ho jaati hai. Bohot jaldi kisi pe bhi bharosa kar leti hai. Bas isliye main aise behave kar raha tha. I don’t trust her at all…” This was the partial truth…

When no one interrupted me, I continued, “Aur mujhe yeh batao tum sab ki, aise kaise uss ladki ko financial accountant ka job offer kar rahe the hamari company mein. Naa uske certificates dekhe… Naa uska interview liya… bas aise hi job offer kar diya. Tum sabka dimaag toh thik hai na? Uss ladki ne kahaa aur tum sabne maan liya ki woh ek topper hai…”

I looked at everyone one by one, “Don’t act so stupid guys… Accountant ka job kitna important hai yeh tum sab bohot acche se jaante ho aur tum itne laaparwaah kaise ho sakte ho… Main uss ladki ko koi job nahi de raha hamari company mein samjhe tum log. Yahaan ghar mein reh rahi hai wohi kaafi hai mere liye. Ab usse office mein bhi nahi dekh sakta main… I can’t stand her…”

Munna’s gaze went behind me & he closed his eyes. I turned around to see why he reacted that way & I froze… My mother & Nanu were standing there while Naina stood rooted at the middle of the stairs with misty eyes. What was I doing? Why was I hurting that innocent soul???

“Ummm… Naina… Tum soyi nahi???”, Preeti asked softly. Naina came down & stood exactly behind me, “Woh mujhe neend nahi aa rahi thi, toh socha baahar jaakar apne liye naya mobile aur sim card le aati hun. Kal se mummy-papa se baat nahi hui hai aur unki bohot yaad bhi aa rahi hai… Bas isliye baahar jaa rahi hun…” her voice broke at the end…

“Arey beta… Mummy-papa se baat karni hai toh hamara phone use kar lo. Apne liye mobile aur sim card baad mein kharid lena… Yeh lo phone, baat karlo… Unhe bhi fikar ho rahi hogi…” my mother handed her the phone but Naina denied it politely,” Nahii aunty… Mujhe aise bhi mobile ki zarurat toh hogi hi na. Maine waise bhi mummy-papa se kaha tha ki apne phone se call karungi. Toh aap chinta mat kijiye. Main abhi jaakar le aati hun.”

“Naina… Chalo main bhi aati hun tumhare saath. Tumhe yahaan ke raaste pataa nahi honge. Yahaan paas mein hi ek bada mall hai, wahin chalte hai. Tumhe aur kuch chahiye ho toh wahin se le lenge. Thik hai…” Preeti asked her genuinely. Naina nodded… “Main bhi aati hun tum dono ke saath. Mujhe bhi kuch saamaan lena hai mall se.”, Swati too joined them. All the three girls left my place.

Nanu sat with us & Maa left to make tea. “Sameer… Yeh kya tareeka hai baat karne ka… Naina aaj hi yahaan aayi hai aur tum aise pesh aa rahe ho uske saath.” Nanu chided me. “Main aisa hi hun Nanu… Aap jaante ho mujhe…” I wasn’t liking my own behavior towards her, but I didn’t have a choice other than using my anger as a tool to keep her away.

“Kuch nahi ho sakta iska.” Nanu said while getting up from the couch, “Vishakha… meri chai mere kamre mein hi bhijwa dena…” With that, he left. Munna & Pandit kept looking at me but I didn’t react & kept changing the channels on the television. Maa came with a tray full of tea cups. She placed the tray in front of us & picked up two cups for herself & Nanu & left towards his room. She didn’t even look at me. I knew that I’ve hurt her again with my behavior.

“Sameer… Chal tere kamre mein chalte hai… Tujhse kuch important baat karni hai…” Munna said getting up from the couch & Pandit too got up, leaving me with no other option than to follow them to my room. Once in my room, Munna-Pandit sat down comfortably on my bed & I took the couch a little away from them. “Bolo… Kya important baat karni hai tumhe Munna…” I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

“Ab sach sach bataa… Kya baat hai Sameer?” I closed my eyes at his question. These two knew me too much… They’ve been with me since childhood. Our parents were best friends, so we all were together since our childhood & it didn’t take longer for us to become best buddies. We’ve been strong pillars for each other, always stood by, with & for each other. How was I supposed to lie to them?

“Tum dono mujhe kuch jyada hi acche se jaante ho…” I looked at them & they grinned… “Chal ab sharaafat se bataa, kya chal raha hai tere dimaag mein?” Pandit went straight to the point. “Thik hai… toh suno… Naina jabse aayi hai tabse mujhe distract kar rahi…” I said in a irritated voice. Munna raised his one eybrow, “Really… Toh bataa tu kaise distract ho raha hai usse? Usne aisa kya kiya huh…”

I rolled my eyes at his question. I told them everything that had happened since her arrival. They were hearing me attentively. When I finished, they both shared a look & started laughing loudly. I glared at them but that didn’t affect them at all & they continued their laugh. I kept mum & after laughing for good ten minutes, they sobered down.

“Ho gaya tum dono ka???” I was annoyed. “Haannn… Ho gaya hamara…” Pandit said with a smile… “Waaahhhh… Maanna padega Naina ko… Jo aaj tak koi ladki nahi kar paayi woh Naina ne kar diya… ‘The Sameer Maheshwari’ ko distract kar diya… Sameer sach sach bataa tumhe Naina pasand aa gayi na pehli nazar mein hi?”, Munna teased & I frowned.

“Munna… Kuch bhi huh… Aisa… aisa kuch nahi hai…” I stuttered a little. “Achaa bacchu… Tune sahi kaha tha ki hum tujhe bohot acche se jaante hai… aur teri shakal par saaf saaf likha hai ki tujhe Naina acchi lagne lagi hai… You are totally smitten by her Mr Sameer Maheshwari… Yeh gussa… yeh chidna… sab dikhava hai tumhare feelings chupane ke liye…”, Pandit had caught my fake act & I agreed as I knew that he was speaking the truth…

I exhaled slowly knowing that I’d to accept the truth in front of them… “Sunaina ne jo kiya mere saath, uske baad se hi main kisi ladki par trust nahi karta. Aaj pehli baar Naina ki aankhon mein dekhkar lagaa jaise main uss par trust kar sakta hun par darr bhi lagta hai ki kahin woh bhi Sunaina jaisi nikli toh.”

“Sameer… har ladki Sunaina nahi hogi… Aur ek kharab experience ki wajah se tum kyu apne feelings dabaa rahe ho. Woh Sunaina mast aishh kar rahi hai aur tu yahan abhi darr raha hai… Jaise business mein hum itne risk lete hai waise hi tumhe bhi apni life mein risk lena hoga Sameer… Zindagi kisi ke liye nahi rukti… Aur jahaan se main dekh raha hun, mujhe saaf saaf dikhayi de raha hai ki Naina tumhare liye ekdum perfect hai. Tumhe usko ek chance dena chahiye Sameer…”

“Munna bilkul sahi keh raha hai… Woh kamini Sunaina ki wajah se tu kyun apni life kharaab kar raha hai… Sameer… ek baat sach sach bataa, jo tu aaj subah se jaise Naina ke saath behave kar raha hai, woh sahi hai kya? Woh bichari ko kyun itna kuch suna raha hai tu? Yeh sab mein uska kya kasoor hai yaar? Tujhe kya lagta hai ki tu aise usse sunayega aur woh tujhse darr kar bhag jaayegi yahaan se? Nanu aur Vishakha Maa kahin nahi jaane denge Naina ko… Samjha tu… Toh tera naatak band kar… Woh gaana suna hai na tune, ‘Kaisa Yeh Ishq Hai… Ajib Sa Risk Hai…’ Toh bas ab tu risk le hi le bhai…”

I stared at him… “Tum dono thik toh ho na??? Yeh kya ishq wishq lagaa rakha hai… Maine sirf itna kahaa ki main attracted hun Naina ki taraf… that’s it… tum dono toh kahan pyaar vyaar tak pohoch gaye. Waise sach toh yeh hai ki main bhi nahi chaahta ki Naina yahaan se jaaye bas thoda naatak kar raha tha main. Mujhe pataa hai mere behavior se woh definitely hurt hui hogi, par mera usse hurt karne ka koi iraada nahi tha… Main toh bas yunhi… yunhi… apne attraction ko haavi nahi hone dena chaahta…”

I actually regretted all that I’d said since morning. I never wanted to hurt her, but I knew that I’ve hurt her terribly. Her misty eyes were proof enough for that. Why did I say all that? Yesss… I agree that I’m rude… but I’m not a heartless person… I’ve never hurt anyone deliberately. But with Naina… What should I say? I’ve hurt her intentionally that too all the time. Whenever I said those words, I didn’t know that she was around or else, I wouldn’t have done that to her. Now, I regret all my words… my behavior towards her…

“Dekh Sameer… Main sirf itna kahunga ki Naina ek bohot acchi ladki hai aur jaise tu uske saath behave kar raha hai, woh thik nahi hai… hamara dost bilkul aisa nahi hai… Fir aage teri marzi… Hum aur kuch nahi kehna chaahte…” Saying that, Munna & Pandit got up from the bed. As Pandit opened the door, he halted, to see Nanu standing there. Both of them moved to let Nanu enter my room.

“Rahu-Ketu baith jao…” They took their previous place on my bed & Nanu joined me on the couch. “Barkhurdaar… Tune abhi jo kuch bhi kahaa woh sab suna maine. Naina ek bohot acchi ladki hai aur tu jo kuch bhi kar raha hai, woh bilkul thik nahi kar raha. Main sirf itna kahunga tujhse ki Naina ko shaanti se iss ghar mein rehne de. Tujhe usse baat nahi karni toh mat kar, bas usse teri yeh faltu baaton se hurt mat kar. Woh bichari akeli hai yahaan. Hum bhi uske liye naye log hai. Toh usse yahaan acche se adjust karne le liye hume uska acche se saath dena hoga, taaki Naina apni family ko jyada miss na kare. Uske parents ne hum par itna bharosa rakha hai ki hum usse akela nahi rehne denge. Aur tum yahaan apne rude behavior se usse hurt kar rahe ho. Naina ko kitna bura lagaa hoga tumhari baatein sunkar… Socha hai kya tune? Humne tujhe aisi parvarish toh nahi di ki tum aise behave karo kisise. Fir aage jo tujhe thik lage woh kar. Mujhe bas itna hi kehna tha tujhse.”

Nanu left my room & Munna-Pandit followed behind him. I sat there in silence closing my eyes. When I closed my eyes, Naina’s face appeared with her teary eyes. I opened my eyes instantly realizing my mistake. I shouldn’t have hurt her. Nanu was right. How can I forget my basic manners? She has come all alone from Canada here to make her future & here I’m being such an ass to her, making her uncomfortable & unwanted…

I knew that I needed to apologize but I didn’t want to face her. My control would snap by just looking at her. I went downstairs & saw Maa sitting in the garden. I sat next to her on the bench quietly feeling the evening breeze on my face. “Maa… I’m sorry… Mujhe maaf kar do. Maine sab jaan bujhkar nahi kahaa. Bas woh sab maine gusse mein bol diya. Aap jaanti ho na mujhe kitna jaldi gussa aa jaata hai.” I asked for forgiveness from my mother.

“Sameer… Tum mujhse kyun maafi maang rahe ho. Tumhe Naina se maafi maangni chahiye. Beta… kyun aise behave kar rahe ho uske saath. Main jaanti hun ki tum sabhi ladkiyon se aise hi behave karte ho. Par Naina hamari mehmaan hai, meri beti jaisi hai. Please tum apna yeh rukha bartaav usse mat karo. Aaj uska pehla din hi hai aur tumne kitna kuch suna diya usse. Maine tumhe aisa toh kuch nahi sikhaya tha Sameer. Jaanti hun Sunaina ke baad tum aise ban gaye ho. Bas main tumse itni hi request kar rahi hun, ki jab tak Naina yahaan hamare ghar mein hai, tum usse acche se behave karna. Itna toh kar sakte ho na apni maa ke liye.”

Her eyes watered & I hugged her, “Aap jaisa kahengi main waisa hi karunga maa… I’m sorry for disappointing you…” She patted my back slowly. “It’s ok beta…”

NAINA

I tried sleeping for a bit when I’d left the others alone in the living room. But sleep eluded me. I freshened up & headed downstairs to go out to buy a mobile & sim card for myself. But I froze at the middle of the stairs, when I heard Sameer’s words. My eyes were wet instantly. I knew that I was an unwanted guest at his place & whatever he said wasn’t wrong at all.

How can he trust anyone with such a higher position for financial accounting? He was right throughout but still I felt hurt by his words, especially his tone. Vishakha aunty & Nanu too heard all that. I needed to rent an apartment asap. I can’t be a burden on anyone. I’ve my own self respect that I value the most. So, I would start hunting for an apartment from today itself. I can’t stay as an unwanted guest here.

Preeti & Swati joined me for shopping at the mall. Both of them tried to lighten my mood by their nonstop banters. We first went to the mobile shop & bought a mobile for me. There was a counter just a few shops away where Airtel sim cards were being sold. I bought a sim card but I couldn’t register it on my name as I didn’t have any documents for the registration. I’d forgotten to take it with me in a hurry from Vishakha aunty’s home. Preeti helped me with that & submitted her documents that were available in her mobile... The sim card was registered on her name. The sim card would be activated in the next two hours.

“Thanks, Preeti… Agar tum saath nahi hoti toh shayad aaj mujhe sim card nahi milta.” She furrowed her eyes, “Naina… Koi formalities nahi please. Waise bhi Pandit ne tumhe behen maana hai aur tum hamari acchi friend bhi bann gayi ho. Toh please yeh thanks ki formalities mat karna hamare saath aage se.” I smiled at her reply & she gave me a side hug.

“Chalo yaar kahin baithkar coffee peete hai…” Swati said dramatically. Preeti laughed & we headed towards the café. The café wasn’t much crowded & we found seats for us near the window... We placed our order for coffees & continued our chatting. Preeti & Swati told me about their families. Infact, that helped me in distracting me from my own turmoil.

“Preeti… Swati… please mujhe ek accha apartment dhoondne ke liye help kar do.” They both looked at each other. “Ummm… Naina… Agar tum bura na maano toh kya hamari baat shaanti se sunogi???” Swati asked a little hesitantly. I nodded… Preeti continued, “Tum jaisa soch rahi ho Sameer waisa bilkul nahi hai Naina… Sameer bohot hi accha aur shareef ladka hai. Bas uske saath kuch hua tha pehle jiske wajah se woh itna rude ho gaya hai, specially ladkiyon ke saath.” I didn’t understand what she was trying to say. “Preeti thik se batao. Mujhe kuch samaj nahi aa raha.” She took a deep breath & continued, “Nanu ne Sameer ki shaadi Sunaina se karvaayi thi teen saal pehle. Sameer shaadi ke liye taiyaar nahi tha par sirf apne Nanu ka vaada pura karne ke liye ki. Nanu aur Sunaina ke nana acche dost the. Sunaina ke mummy-papa car accident mein chal base the. Sunaina ke nanaji ne Nanu se Sameer ki shaadi unki poti se karaane ka vaada karvaaya tha aur bas isi wajah se unn dono ki shaadi ho gayi.”

I was shocked with the information. Sameer was a married man. My heart sank with that feeling. “Ummm… Toh ab Sunaina kahan hai… Ghar par nahi hai kya?” I asked curiously. Swati answered, “Shaadi ke turant baad Sameer New York chala gaya do mahine ke liye koi important deal karne. Uske liye yeh shaadi sirf ek samjauta tha. Par kabhi usne Sunaina ko kisi bhi baat ki kami nahi honi di, sivaay ek. Woh tha pyaar. Sameer Sunaina se pyaar nahi karta tha. Usse thoda time chahiye tha. Ek din main aur Preeti hamari friends ke saath dinner karne hotel mein gaye the. Wahaan humne Sunaina ko ek ladke ke saath dekha. Woh ladka Kartik tha, Sameer ka business rival. Humne unn dono ki photo nikali aur turant Munna aur Pandit ko message kar diya. Woh dono bhi jhat se hotel pohonch gaye Sameer ke saath. Bohot mushkil se humne Sameer ko uss raat koi tamasha karne se roka.”

The waiter interrupted us by placing our coffees on the table. Once he left, Preeti continued, “Uske baad Sameer ne ek private investigator ko hire kiya. Usne Sunaina ko follow kiya aur bohot evidences diye jisse saaf saaf saabit ho gaya ki Sunaina Sameer ko cheat kar rahi thi. Saare evidences Sunaina aur Sameer ki families ko dikhaye gaye. Aur fir Sameer ne divorce file kar diya. Tab se hi Sameer kisi par bhi bharosa nahi karta. Bohot rude ho gaya hai tab se specially ladkiyon se. Woh bhale hi Sunaina se pyaar nahi karta tha par bohot bharosa aur respect karta tha. Jo usne itne aasaani se tod diya…”

I sat there in stunned silence unable to believe that Sameer had gone through so much. Now I knew the reason behind his rudeness & I understood that. I always believed that loyalty is very much important in any relationship. And Sunaina had played with that. She’d broken his trust. She’d broken everyone’s trust. I felt bad that Sameer had suffered a lot in the past & was somewhat relieved that he was single again.

“Naina… Please Sameer ko thoda time do. Woh itna bhi bura nahi hai… kuch dino mein sab thik ho jaayega. Please Naina… hamare liye itna kar sakti ho naa…” Swati asked genuinely & I felt touched. “Swati… Preeti… Main ab jaanti hun ki Sameer mujhse yun rudely kyun baat karta hai. Par main unke ghar hamesha ke liye toh nahi reh sakti na. Kabhi na kabhi toh mujhe wahaan se jaana hoga.”

“Thik hai Naina… Par abhi jaane ki baat mat karo tum. Abhi tumhe apna sapna poora kaise karna hai yeh socho. Fir apna khudka ghar le lena. Aur ab chupchaap coffee piyo… Thandi ho gayi hai waise bhi…” Preeti chided me. We chuckled finishing our coffees. Preeti paid the bill & we left to continue our shopping.

We took many halts in the mall where we bought some or the other essentials we needed. It was already eight at night when we left the mall with lots of bags in our hands. We booked a cab to go to Sameer’s house. When we reached, we saw that the main door was already open. Munna & Pandit immediately rushed to help their girls with their bags. I loved the way they cared for each other. I wish I could find someone for me too…

I slowly moved to the staircase to go to the room, when I heard his voice, “Ummmm… kuch help kar du?” Before I could reply, he’d taken away some bags from my hand. He followed me to my room. I opened the door & he followed a little hesitantly inside the room. I switched on the lights & kept the bags on the bed. He too kept the bags on the side table. I watched him standing near the door, fidgeting with his mobile.

“Ummm… woh… woh… main… main… tumse kuch kehna chaahta hun…” Sameer was stuttering a lot & I bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling. It was a sight to see the rude Mr Sameer Maheshwari getting so nervous. “Kya kehna chaahte ho?” I asked him softly taking a step towards him. He was watching me continuously without blinking his eyes. I took one more step towards him & stood just a little away from him staring in his deep black eyes.

“Wohhh… wohhh… main… tumse… tumse… wohhh… maafi…” He again stuttered & I lost my control. I started smiling a little. “Sameer… Tumhe maafi maangne ki koi zarurat nahi hai. Main samaj sakti hun ki kisi par bhi vishwas karna aasaan nahi hota. Aur main toh Canada se India pehli baar aayi hun. Waise tumne sahi kahaa, tumhe mujhe tumhari company mein aise hi job offer nahi karna chaahiye. Isliye main tumhare company join nahi karungi. And don’t worry, tumhari kisi bhi baat ka mujhe bura nahi lagaa hai. Bas thode din mujhe bardaasht kar lo, jaise hi mera rehna ka kahin intezaam ho jaayega main yahaan se chali jaaungi. Aur jab tak main yahaan hun, tumhare raaste mein nahi aaungi. I promise…”

Sameer stood there in silence & that was getting on my nerves. Why wasn’t he reacting??? Why wasn’t he saying anything??? I was lost in my thoughts when I heard his voice. He took few steps towards me & stopped when he came too close to me, entering my personal space. I forgot to breathe… He was just a foot away from me. His smoky fragrance filled my nostrils & my body felt warm.

We kept looking into each other’s eyes for a long time, till we heard a knock on the door. Preeti was standing there who was looking keenly at us. She entered the room a little hesitantly. “Ummmm… Niche sab dinner ke liye tum dono ka wait kar rahe hai. Toh main tum dono ko bulane aa gayi. Jaldi niche aa jaana…” And she left immediately without waiting for our response.

I & Sameer hadn’t moved from our places. We were still standing a foot away. “Ummm… Niche sab dinner ke liye intezaar kar rahe hai. Tum fresh hokar aa jaana…” And he left hurriedly. I heard the door next to my room shutting & I realized that Sameer’s room was just next to mine. I went to the bathroom & freshened up quickly.

When I reached at the dining table, everyone was actually waiting for us to join. But Sameer was still not there. I sat beside Preeti who was looking at me with hopeful eyes. But hoping for what??? Just after a few moments Sameer too joined us & Vishakha aunty started serving. I too tried to help but she denied, “Naina… Tum chupchaap baithkar khaana khao. Kal se meri help kar dena. Thik hai…”

I smiled at her & was very happy with her loving nature. She was just like my mother. Everyone kept talking throughout the dinner & I was enjoying their banters. “Naina… tumne naya mobile toh hume dikhaya hi nahi…” Munna said pouting a little. “Tumhe kya karna hai uska phone dekhkar?” Swati glared at him & I laughed. “Accha hua yaad dila diya Munna. Mera sim card bhi shayad ab tak active ho gaya hoga.”

We all finished our dinner & I ran back to my room to bring my new mobile. I came back & handed it to Munna. “Arey waaahhh… ekdum chakachak hai yeh mobile toh. Main apna number dial karke dekhta hun ki tumhara card activate hua ya nahi.” He dialled his number & his mobile rang. “Lo Naina… Tumhara card chalu ho gaya. Ab tumhare mummy-papa ko call karlo. Tumhare call ki raah dekh rahe honge.” I nodded & took the phone from him.

I dialed my father’s number & he picked up after a few rings, “Helloo… Papa… Aap kaise hai? Mummy kaisi hai? Haannn… Main thik se hi pohonch gayi thi subah che baje. Haannn… Main thik hun.” My eyes were already wet while talking to my parents. I was missing them so much. I wished if they would’ve been here with me. I blinked my eyes to stop my tears. I can’t cry over the phone call.

I heard all the rants of my mother’s do’s & dont’s for the millionth time. My mother spoke with Vishakha aunty for a while. My eyes watered instantly when I heard my parents telling me ‘We miss you Naina’ together. “I miss you too… mummy… papa…”, my voice choked at the end & I disconnected the call with a heavy heart. It was just one day away from my parents & I was already missing them terribly.

When I kept the mobile away, Vishakha aunty took me in a warm hug. “Beta… Main jaanti hun tum apne parents ko kitna miss kar rahi ho. Sab thik ho jaayega beta… Bas apne sapno par focus karo aur usse jaldi pura karo. Tumhare parents ka aur hamara aashirwad hamesha tumhare saath rahega. Aur kuch mangu tumhe toh mujhe dogi na?” I nodded. “Kya tum mujhe Maa bula sakti ho? Jaise mujhe Sameer aur yeh sab bacche bulaate hai.” My tears didn’t stop at all & I hugged her tightly feeling secured in mother’s tender love. My lips automatically formed the words, “Maa…”

“Naina… Ab chup ho jao… meri beti rote hue bilkul acchi nahi lagti…” She wiped my tears softly & I was happy to feel mother’s love again. When we broke the hug, we saw all the others looking at us lovingly, “Aap hume bhool gayi…” Preeti & Swati pouted… “Paagal ho sab ke sab… Aao yahaann… Ek maa apne bacchon ko kabhi nahi bhoolti…” We all did a group hug with Maa…

My body shivered when I realized that Sameer’s hand was on my shoulder while hugging Maa… We both shared a look & we instantly moved away. What was happening with me? Why was my body reacting this way? Why was his mere touch affecting me so much? There were many questions going on in my mind but no single answers for that.

It was already late when Nanu & Maa were ready to retire to their rooms. We all bid them goodnight. All our friends were taking our leave, when Sameer spoke, “Ummmm… Kal milte hai office mein. Main Naina ko saath hi lekar aaunga subah.” Everyone was shocked & me too. I pinched myself to know that this was really happening. Why such a sudden change of mind? Sameer was watching me intently, “Kal tum apne saare certificates le lena. Hum tumhara interview lenge. You should get the financial accountant position on your own merits not by any favors. Kal subah aath baje ready rehna. Don’t be late. I hate late comers.” He turned towards his friends who still seemed to be in shock, “Ab jao bhi yaa yahin rehne ka iraada hai?” “Haan… Haan… Jaa rahe hai… Kal milenge… Goodnight…” Pandit turned towards me, “Naina… Tumhe all the very best… Kal tum iss hitler ke saath jo aa rahi ho. Apna khayaal rakhna… Goodnight…”

Everyone wished us goodnight & hugged me individually & left in their cars. I & Sameer stood there till the cars disappeared. We moved back in the silent house. He closed the main door & followed behind me. His room was the first on the floor. He stopped at his door & turned towards me, “Goodnight Naina… Kal subah sharp aath baje ready rehna…” I nodded, “Main ready rahungi… Goodnight Sameer…” He blinked & went inside his room & I moved ahead to my room...

What had changed in the matter of few hours? I’m sure Munna & Pandit had to do something with the change. Pandit had called him a hitler… I laughed at the endearment but I wanted to make a change to that. How about... The Hot & Sexy Hitler…

How was the update?

Ignore the mistakes…

With Lots of Love,

DIKU…❤

Edited by diku1302 - 3 years ago

Hello everyone…

Ignore the mistakes…

With Lots of Love,

DIKU…❤

AN INEVITABLE INTRUDER

CHAPTER THREE

SAMEER

I was surprised with my own behavior. I was feeling guilty for hurting Naina unconsciously. I never wanted to do that. My own past insecurities were the reason for my anger towards her. My unwanted anger had already hurt her, Maa & Nanu… So, it was time to change that. I’m still attracted to Naina & I’m surprised with it. I’ve never got attracted to any girl before. This was the first time that I’m feeling it.

Being the most eligible bachelor, I’ve always got every girls attention. But here, I was getting highly attracted to Naina. So, this was a first for me. Munna & Pandit always teased me that there will be a day when I will feel the attraction & Naina was drawing my attention towards her. What was so special in her, I don’t know that yet but still I’m drawn to her… Naina is beautiful in her own way…

When I’d got married to Sunaina, I wasn’t attracted to her. Sunaina was beautiful but nothing had fascinated me towards her. Everything about her appeared fake & that was the reason I could never love her. I wanted time to accept the unwanted marriage. Even if I never loved her, but still I respected her & fulfilled all her wishes. We never consummated our marriage. Maybe this was the reason for her to cheat on me with Kartik. But when I hired the private investigator, he had found many evidences where she was cheating on me with not only Kartik but also with few other guys. That was when I didn’t care of what the families would think about her & I’d showed the evidences to everyone. No one argued with me when I filed for the divorce, not even Sunaina.

But the experience had left a sour taste in my life which was why I behaved rudely most of the times. My family & my friends knew this & have tried their best to make me understand that I need to let go of my anger & rudeness. But now Naina has struck my life with a storm that will surely disrupt my life & I can see that happening & that’s the reason why I want to stay away from her.

It’s not even a day & I can see myself changing. The rude Sameer Maheshwari has started melting. What is going to happen in the future? I don’t want to think about that now. But I know that this Naina Agarwal was going to be the reason of that drastic change.

When she came back from the mall with Preeti & Swati, she seemed happy. And somewhere seeing her smiling had brought a smile on my face. She looked more enchanting when she smiles happily. I’d helped her carry few bags to her room & had wanted to apologize. But she didn’t let me. My heart stopped beating the minute she’d taken a step towards me. After hearing her, I’d fallen a little more for her. She was kind too. I could feel the sudden shift between us when I’d got closer to her entering her personal space. But she didn’t move & stood where she was. We stood there looking into each other’s eyes deeply. I’ve never felt such connection with anyone before.

She was happy throughout the dinner. While talking to her parents, her eyes turned misty. I understood that she was missing them a lot. I was happy to hear her call my mother ‘Maa” as we all called her. She was crying happy tears. When my mother took us all in a group hug, I’d placed my hand on her shoulder intentionally to check if I could feel the sparks. And Ohhh God… What should I say? It was not only me who felt the sparks but she also felt the same. We shared a look & instantly moved away.

I surprised everyone by asking Naina to join us at our office the next day with her certificates. Everyone was shocked with it. I told her that we will interview her & then she could earn the position of financial accounting on her merits. She seemed happy with it. She was going to meet me at sharp eight the next morning, so that I could take her to office with me.

Sleep eluded me tonight. I was tossing & turning on my bed. Whenever I closed my eyes, Naina’s smiling face would appear. Why is mind filled with her thoughts since her arrival? I got up from the bed & walked out of my room & went to the terrace. It was already midnight. I could see a silhouette of someone on the terrace, who was sitting on the swing. I took a deep breath & took slow steps towards her.

Yesss… It was Naina on the swing. She had seen me coming towards her but she didn’t panic instead she kept looking at me. Without making any noise, I sat beside her on the swing maintaining a little distance. I wasn’t sure of how would I react with the proximity. “Ummm… tumhe neend nahi aa rahi Naina???” I said softly looking at her. Her face glowed under the moonlight. I couldn’t look away… I didn’t want to look away…

“Nahi… Woh jagah change hone par mujhe usually neend nahi aati…” I heard her soft soothing voice which instantly calmed my heart. “Mummy-papa ki yaad aa rahi hai na tumhe?” She looked at me & I could see that she didn’t need to answer me… She was missing her parents. Her eyes shined with the tears. My hands automatically moved & wiped her cheeks. I didn’t withdraw my hands from her face. Her face was in my large palms & I was wiping the tears that were flowing continuously.

“Sshhhh… Bas karo Naina… Kitna rona hai aur? Chup ho jao ab.” My voice sounded alien to me. I’d never done this. “Sameer… Main apne mummy-papa se itna durr kabhi nahi rahi. Yeh pehli baar hai. Main hamesha one day picnics par jaati thi par kabhi night outs ke liye nahi gayi kyunki main mummy-papa se durr nahi reh paati thi. Aur aaj dekho main yahaan India mein hun aur mere mummy-papa Canada mein.”

“Naina… Tumhe khud ko strong banana hoga. Tum India mein apna sapna poora karne aayi ho, toh usse poora karo. Aise rone se kuch nahi hoga, sirf tabiyat kharaab hogi. Aur yeh sab jaankar tumhare parents ko accha nahi lagega na?” She calmed a bit & stopped crying & I moved away.

“Hmmm… Tum sahi keh rahe ho. Mujhe mere sapno pe focus karna chahiye. Sameer… Main tumse kuch puchu toh jawaab doge?” I don’t know what she was going to ask me but how can I deny her. “Pucho…” She didn’t say anything for a while. After a few minutes, she spoke a little hesitantly, “Tumhe mera yahaan rehna pasand nahi hai na Sameer?” I closed my eyes hearing her question. I should’ve guessed it before. It was a mistake sitting next to her.

I exhaled slowly, “Jaisa tum soch rahi ho waisa nahi hai Naina… Main bas kisi pe ekdum se vishwas nahi kar paata, isliye thoda rude behave karta hun. I’m sorry Naina… Maine anjaane mein hi sahi par tumhe hurt kiya hai & I’m really sorry for my behavior. I really am. Aaj tumhara India mein pehla din hi tha aur main aise tumse rudely behave kar raha tha…” I was really ashamed of myself.

Naina kept her hand on my hand, “Tumhe sorry bolne ki zarurat nahi hai Sameer. Main bhi shayad aise hi behave karti agar koi mere ghar par aise rehne aa jaata… But you don’t worry… Main jald hi koi rent par apartment le lungi aur yahaan se chali jaaungi. Bas thode din jhel lena mujhe…” That wasn’t sounding good… I didn’t want her to go yet.

“Naina… I’m sorry if I made you feel unwanted or uncomfortable. Please mat jaana yahaan se. Maa aur Nanu ko accha nahi lagega. Please jaane ki baat mat karo. Jab tumne Maa ko ‘Maa’ bola, tabse hi yeh ghar tumhara bhi ho gaya. Tumhe kahin rent par rehne ki zarurat nahi hai Naina… Tum job karo aur apne ghar ka sapna poora karo. Mujhse waada karo ki tum ab se jaane ki baat nahi karogi. Isse mujhe lagega ki tumne mujhe maaf kiya… Toh Naina… mujhe maaf karogi na???” I was praying to all Gods that she would forgive me & promise to never go from this house… from our lives… from my life…

We were silent for the next few minutes. This silence wasn’t disturbing me as I knew that she was thinking about what I’d said a while ago. I was looking at her glowing face & she’d closed her eyes. When she opened her eyes & looked at me, I was lost in her doe shaped brown eyes… “Sameer… Thik hai… Main waada karti hun ki main iss ghar ko chodkar kahin nahin jaaungi…”

I was elated, “Sacchii… iska matlab tumne mujhe maaf kiya…” She nodded, “Haannnn… Maine tumhe maaf kiya Sameer. Par ek promise mujhe bhi chahiye.” I didn’t think twice before agreeing, “Bolo… Kya promise chahiye tumhe.” She took away her hand from mine & I immediately lost the warmth.

“Promise karo ki ab se kisi se bhi rudely behave nahi karoge…” I smiled at her request. This girl was definitely driving me crazy. “Thik hai… Main promise karta hun ki main tumse rudely behave nahi karunga… Dusron ke liye main promise nahi kar sakta…” She laughed, “Tum na Sameer… Maine jo kaha woh promise chahiye mujhe.” I gave up & joined her laughter, “Thik hai… Main promise karta hun ki main kisi se bhi rudely behave nahi karunga…”

“Very good… Ummm… ab sone jaana chahiye. Subah office bhi jaana hai na…” I nodded. I followed behind her & we reached our rooms. She turned towards me, “Goodnight Sameer…” “Goodnight Naina… Yaad hai na subah aath baje… Kaam ke time main sach mein hitler hi hun…” She laughed, “Haannn… Haannn… Thik hai…” and she left towards her room. I stood at the entrance of my room till she entered her room.

I went inside my room & slept with a smile which had happened after a very long time. I got up just before the alarm would go off at six. I freshened up & opened the sliding doors that led to my balcony to do my daily workout. An hour had already passed & I got ready in the next twenty minutes. I went downstairs & found Maa placing the dishes on the table & Nanu was reading the newspaper. I touched Nanu’s feet & kissed Maa on her cheeks, wishing them good morning. It was already seven thirty but there was no trace of Naina.

I, Maa & Nanu settled on the dining table to have our breakfast. I looked at the clock again, it was seven thirty-five. Nanu & Maa looked at me suspiciously but I remained quiet & continued serving myself. I was just pouring the orange juice in my glass when I heard the jingling sound. I turned & froze in my seat.

Naina was wearing a light pink kurta with a white palazzo. Her hair was left open & it seemed to be wet. She walked towards us & that’s when I noticed the anklets. She was looking so beautiful that I forgot to reply her when she wished me good morning. Nanu slowly whispered, “Mooh band kar le, warna makkhhi andar chali jaayegi.” I came out of my trance & looked away from her immediately.

“Tum ekdum time par aa gayi Naina… Aao baitho… Naashta kar lo…” She joined us at the dining table. She sat next to me. I took a long breath taking in her fruity fragrance. She smelled awesome. I glanced at her & she smiled wishing me a good morning again. “Good morning Naina…” I said softly. Maa & Nanu looked at me surprised with the greeting.

I didn’t look at them & continued with my breakfast. The upma tasted awesome, “Maa… Aaj upma bohot accha banaa hai. Kuch alag experiment kiya hai kya?” Maa looked at Naina & said, “Aaj naashta Naina ne banaaya hai…” I somewhere knew this before but just wanted to confirm.

“Naina… Upma bohot achha banaa hai. Kabhi fursat mein bataana kya special ingredients use kiye tumne…” Nanu coughed hearing my appreciation & Maa kept staring at me. Naina instantly got up from her chair & handed a glass of water to Nanu… Nanu drank it slowly coughing a little in between, his eyes still fixed on me. I carried on with my breakfast as if nothing had happened.

“Naina… Tum kahin baahar jaa rahi ho kya? Itna jaldi uth gayi thi aur ab ready bhi ho gayi ho.” Maa asked her in a lovely tone. She never used such lovely tone with me… Was I getting jealous of the way Maa was treating Naina… Yesss… a little maybe… but I knew that Maa was making Naina feel at home. So, I won’t say anything to spoil that.

“Jee Maa… Main Sameer ke saath office jaa rahi hun…” This time I choked on my food & started coughing… Again, Naina was the one to hand me a glass of water & I drank it slowly taking small sips. I remembered that when I’d asked Naina to come to office today, Nanu & Maa had already gone to their rooms, so they didn’t know about the change of events.

When I sobered down from my coughing fit, I looked at Nanu & Maa, who were already raising their eyebrows at me. But before I could say anything Naina replied, “Woh kal raat Sameer ne mujhe apne certificates lekar office aane ko kahaa. Fir interview bhi lenge. Mujhe yeh job mere merits par milni chahiye, isliye Sameer mujhe chance de rahe hain.” I needed to say something but no voice came out of my mouth & I kept mum.

I was happy that Maa & Nanu didn’t question me & we finished our breakfast. “Sameer… Main meri bag lekar aati hun room se. Bas do minute mein aayi…” I stayed in the living room as I’d already brought my bag with me earlier. “Sameer… Mujhe accha laga ki tum Naina ko chance de rahe ho… Usse acche se behave karna… Samjhe…” Maa almost chided me. I hugged her, “Maa… Don’t worry… Main aapki beti ko tang nahi karunga…” She held my ear & I screamed a little, “Maa… Dard ho raha hai… mera kaan chodo na…” “Tang nahi karunga ka kya matlab hua?”

I laughed… “Maa… please kaan chodo na… Nanu aap kuch bolo naa…” I looked at Nanu who behaved as if he hadn’t heard anything at all & continued reading his already read newspaper. “Meri beti ko tang kiya na toh dekhna tu, tera kya haal karungi…” Maa said after leaving my ear & I heard Naina giggling behind me… Ohhh… So, madam had heard everything that was going on here.

“Chalo Naina… It’s already eight. We need to be in office on time. I don’t want to break my own rules of being punctual. C’mon… lets go…” I turned towards Maa & Nanu… “Bye Maa… Bye Nanu… Raat ko milenge ab…” Naina hugged Maa & touched Nanu’s feet, bidding them goodbyes. This girl would definitely drive me crazy with her loving gestures towards my family. Sunaina never hugged Maa or took blessings from Nanu. I closed my eyes, “Why was I comparing Naina with Sunaina? What is wrong with me?”

I opened my eyes when I heard her voice, “Chalein Sameer… Warna sach mein late ho jaayenge…” I moved out of the house without saying anything & she followed behind me. I walked towards my car & opened the passenger seat’s door for her. She silently took the seat & I sat at the driving seat.

The drive was silent for few minutes which was getting on my nerves as I wanted to hear her voice. “Ummm… Tum roz car khud hi drive karte ho Sameer?”, she asked softly as if she heard my request of talking. I didn’t look at her, “Haannn… I prefer driving my car.” I could feel her gaze on me. I stopped the car at the red lights & looked at her.

NAINA

I couldn’t sleep at night due to change in place. So, I thought of going to terrace. I sat on the swing that instantly calmed me when I felt the cold breeze on my face… There was another reason too that eluded my sleep… I was missing my parents a lot… Every night my mother used to come to my room for gossiping & then I would go to sleep. I was missing that today. I wanted someone to be with me now. Maa & Nanu must have already slept. Sameer… No… I can’t talk to him now as it is, he doesn’t like my staying at his place.

I heard some footsteps near the entrance & my heartbeat summersaulted seeing Sameer entering the terrace. I looked at the sky & thanked God who sent Sameer here now. He slowly came towards me & sat next to me on the swing. Now I was at peace… my heart was at peace…

Sameer knew the reason behind my tears & held my face in his palms wiping my constant tears. The minute his hand had touched my face, I’d shuddered. There was a respectable distance between us but yet it felt intimate to me. The way he was looking at me… the way he’d held my face… the way he kept wiping my tears… the way he was motivating me to chase my dreams… Everything felt intimate… it felt surreal… I didn’t want that moment to end ever…

I asked him a little hesitantly, “Tumhe mera yahaan rehna pasand nahi hai na Sameer?” I knew the reason behind his rudeness but still I wanted to ask him & hear him. He apologized for his behavior & he wanted forgiveness from me. I could see in his eyes that he regretted his behavior towards me… I told him to bear with me for just few more days & I would leave his house soon, once I got a decent apartment on rent.

Sameer asked for forgiveness by never leaving his house & my departure would hurt Maa & Nanu… To be honest, I too didn’t want to leave this house… I connected with Maa, Nanu, Munna, Pandit, Swati & Preeti in this house… And Sameer… I think I’m already losing my heart to him… I wanted to stay & see where this would lead me too… There was definitely a chemistry between us… a strong pull I felt towards him since my arrival here.

I promised him that I won’t leave his house & asked him to make a promise in return that he would never behave rudely with anyone. He agreed albeit reluctantly but I was happy with it nonetheless… It was too late so we left to our rooms. I didn’t want to go just yet but I knew that we needed to sleep or else we both would get up late at the morning.

I got up early & went for a jog. I saw Sameer doing his workout in his balcony. His sweaty bare chest shined in the sunlight & I swallowed hard. He was so busy in his workout that he didn’t notice me in the garden. I left immediately to freshen up & joined Maa in the kitchen to help her make the breakfast. I made upma & tea & left to get ready for the day.

When I came downstairs for breakfast, I was stunned to see Sameer. I hadn’t expected him to be ready so soon. He looked dashing in his dark blue suit that fitted him perfectly. He too looked stunned to see me all ready for the day. I greeted him good morning but he seemed a little lost. I sat next to me him & started having my breakfast. I heard him say, “Maa… Aaj upma bohot accha banaa hai. Kuch alag experiment kiya hai kya?”

I blushed as he indirectly praised the upma that I’d prepared. Maa informed him that the upma was made by me & he said, ““Naina… Upma bohot achha banaa hai. Kabhi fursat mein bataana kya special ingredients use kiye tumne…” I was surprised with the open praising but before I could react, Nanu started coughing & I got up to give him water. Maa was staring at Sameer but he continued with his breakfast. I knew that Nanu & Maa were surprised with the new camaraderie between us.

Maa asked me that whether I was going out as I was ready so early in the morning. I told her, “Jee Maa… Main Sameer ke saath office jaa rahi hun…” This time Sameer started coughing & I handed him a glass of water & he sobered down after drinking few sips. We finished the breakfast & I went to my room to collect my bag.

When I came down, I saw Maa had held Sameer’s ear tightly & he was requesting her to leave it & that he won’t disturb me. I giggled seeing them that way. Maa released his ear & we left for office after bidding them goodbyes. There was something different between us today… I don’t know what… but something was definitely different.

Sameer opened the door for me & I settled myself in the car & he drove towards his office. I was surprised that he didn’t have a driver. The silence was getting on my nerves so I asked, “Ummm… Tum roz car khud hi drive karte ho Sameer?” He said that he preferred driving himself. He was having different shades to his personalities & I was loving them a lottt. I still had a lot to discover about him.

He stopped the car at the red lights & looked at me. His intense gaze did many things in my stomach. “Kitna time lagega office pohonchne mein?” I couldn’t keep quiet… I wanted to talk & hear him too… “Half an hour more. Ummm… Tumne saare certificates toh le liye na? You aren’t nervous right?” How could I tell him that I was always nervous around him? I’m fascinated with all of him.

Sameer held my gaze for a while until we heard loud honks behind us. He instantly muttered a few incoherent curses & started driving. “Haannn… Maine saare certificates le liye hai & I’m fine Sameer… Main nervous nahi hun.” I was fidgeting a little & that was noticed by Sameer, “Are you sure Naina?”

“Haannn…” I said looking at him who was concentrating more on his driving. His hand came on my fidgeting hand, “Don’t worry Naina… It’s just going to be us… In fact, you will feel better after hearing this that I won’t be interviewing you…” I wasn’t relieved with this revelation. His warm hand squeezed mine a little, “Take some deep breaths Naina… You will feel better…”

I did as he said & I was indeed feeling better. The car entered into a huge posh area where a tall building appeared. He parked the car away from the parking lot & we got down. He led me toward the elevators keeping his hand on my back. I shivered with his gesture but he seemed unaffected…

We entered the elevator & he pressed the button for the twentieth floor, that was the last floor. “Ummm… Mera office top floor par hai. Tumhara interview wahin hoga.” I nodded, “Okk…” Sameer was just looking at me which was making me a more nervous. The elevator dinged announcing that we’ve reached our destination. He again placed his hand at my back & led me towards his cabin. There was no one on that floor. I saw a small reception table near the door that opened to his cabin. A beautiful girl was sitting there who was focused on the screen in front of her.

As if she had sensed our footsteps, she looked up from the screen, “Good morning Sameer Sir…” She looked at me with questioning eyes. “Good morning Kamya… Please order two hot coffees for us & keep my schedule free today.” “Ok Sir…” She again looked at me & that’s when Sameer spoke again, “Inform Munna & Pandit that I want to see them in my cabin in ten minutes. And make it four coffees.” All the while, Sameer didn’t move his hand away from my back which was noticed by Kamya, his assistant.

Sameer turned to me, “Come Naina… This way…” We entered his cabin together. His cabin was a large one. It was mostly open spaced. A huge wooden desk was placed in the middle of the room with a dark brown leather chair, that was probably Sameer’s chair. There were three chairs at the opposite side but of a smaller version. The walls were cream in color which perfectly suited the decors. A huge shelf was placed at the other corner which included some books & files. There was a couch too with a table.

I didn’t know when Sameer had taken his seat & was looking at me keenly. “Woh… Main… Main… Woh bas yunhi sab dekh rahi thi.” I stuttered a little under his stare. Before I could move, the door opened behind me & I heard their voices, “Hiiii Naina… Welcome to Maheshwari Industries…” Munna & Pandit took me in their hugs one by one. “Thank You…” I said softly feeling the brother’s love for the first time.

“Isne jyada torture toh nahi kiya na tujhe yahaan laate waqt…” Pandit asked me directly teasing Sameer. I could see Sameer’s lips curving up a little. Munna joined him, “Haannn Naina... Agar pareshaan kiya hai toh bataa, hum abhi hi class lagaate hai iski…” I knew both were teasing Sameer. So, I added too, “Agar aisa kuch hua toh zaroor bataungi… Waise uski nobat nahi aayegi…” And I winked at them. They both burst out laughing loudly & Sameer kept staring at me.

There was a knock on the door & Kamya walked in with a tray full of coffee cups. The door opened again & Preeti & Swati came in. They both hugged me tightly together. Kamya was watching everything with wide open eyes. “Kamya… Did you cancel all my schedule for today???” Sameer was back to the rude Sameer Maheshwari zone & I rolled my eyes at that which was noticed by everyone.

“Yesss Sir… All the meetings have been postponed for later this week.” “Great… You may go now. I will call you if I need anything…” Kamya left the cabin but not before giving me a once over. We all settled at the couch with our coffees & Sameer joined us too. “So, Naina are you nervous?” “Ummmm… Yesss… a little… but I will be fine Preeti after having this coffee…”

“Ummm… Mera interview kon lene wala hai?” I asked the question that was on my mind since Sameer said that he won’t interview me. Everyone looked at each other & then all eyes finally landed on Sameer… He raised his eyebrows at others, “Aise kyun dekh rahe ho mujhe?” “Tum Naina ka interview nahi lenewale?” Munna asked with a surprised look. “Nahi… Naina ka interview main nahi lunga aur naa hi tum mein se koi lega. Maine kal hi kahaa tha ki Naina ko apne merits pe yeh position milegi naaki kisi ke favors se.” “Woh toh pataa hai hume… suna tha kal… Ab bataa interview kon lenewala hai?” Pandit asked him curiously.

I remained mute throughout the conversation. Sameer looked at me, “Naina… Tumhara interview aadhe ghante baad hai. Tab tak tum inn sabke saath office dekh lo. And give me your certificates…” I handed the folder which had all my certificates in it to Sameer. “Tum log chaaho toh yahin baith sakte ho yaa fir Naina ko office dikha do. Aadhe ghante baad yahin uska interview hoga. So, get her on time here… Don’t be late.”

Saying that, he was gone. “I think hume yahin baithna chaahiye. Interview ke baad office dekh lenge.” I said looking at them & they agreed. We kept talking on some mundane things & fifteen minutes passed away quickly. I wanted to use the loo & Swati took me to her cabin which was on the same floor for freshening up. When we came back, I saw Munna, Pandit & Preeti standing outside Sameer’s cabin.

As I reached them, Sameer came out of his cabin, “Naina… Ready for the interview?” I looked into his deep black shining eyes & nodded, “Yesss… I’m ready…” He smiled & everyone wished me all the best & left from there, leaving me alone with Sameer. Kamya was looking at me suspiciously from afar…

“Naina… All the very best… I know that you will clear this interview & get this position.” I was surprised with the confidence he had on me. “Sameer… Do you really feel I will get through this?” He came closer to me entering my personal space yet again, “Yesss… You will… Trust yourself Naina… You’ve to achieve your dreams…” He whispered in my ear… The butterflies in my stomach were back… “Okkk… I will…” I said taking in a deep breath.

I can’t let him down… I will surely give my best & get this position… He opened the door for me & I stood rooted to the place looking at the interview panel in front on my eyes…

VISHAKHA

I was really upset with the way Sameer was behaving with Naina… He has already hurt her so many times since she has arrived here. This is not what I taught him all my life. I know he behaves rudely with almost every girl. But he needs to change that. Every girl is not Sunaina… This Sunaina’s experience is the major cause for his rude behavior. I really feel bad for my Sameer many times. He never wanted to marry Sunaina. He never loved her even after marrying her.

Sameer loved Nanu enough that he married Sunaina just to keep his Nanu’s promise to his best friend. When Sameer showed us all the evidences that the private investigator had given us, we were beyond shocked. I know even if Sameer didn’t love Sunaina but he trusted & respected her a lot. He never misbehaved with her. He’s a gentleman always. Even after filing for the divorce, he didn’t use the evidences against her. Infact he destroyed those evidences, when the divorce proceedings started. I’m really lucky & grateful to God to give me such a gem as my child.

Today, I was surprised to see Sameer appreciating the upma that Naina had prepared for breakfast. What had happened last night? What had changed? I & Papa were happy with the change though… Once Sameer & Naina left for office, I called up Rama… my best friend…

She picked up the call after few rings, “Helloo… Vishakha… Sab thik hai na? Naina thik hai na wahaan?” “Haannn... Ramaa… Sab thik hai yahaan aur tumhari Naina bhi ekdum thik hai. Abhi office gayi hai Sameer ke saath.” “Office??? Office kyun gayi hai Naina??? Vishakha… Kya chal raha hai wahaan… Mujhe sab batao…” I told her everything that had happened since yesterday & she listened quietly without interrupting me.

“Chalo… Accha hua… Sameer khud hi Naina ko apne office le gaya, warna mujhe usse emotional blackmail karna padta Ramaa…” She laughed at the other end. “Vishakha… Tum chinta mat karo… Bas thoda time jaane do… Humne jo socha hai, wohi hoga… Chalo main phone rakhti hun abhi… Baad mein baat karenge…” “Thik hai Rama… Tum Naina ki chinta mat karna. Main dhyaan rakhungi uska aur main hamara plan poora karke rahungi… Bye Rama… Take care…” “Bye Vishakha…” And we disconnected the call.

When I turned, I saw Papa standing behind me with his hands on his hips, “Kya planning ki jaa rahi hai mere peeth piche?” I told him our plan & he seemed elated hearing that, “Vishakha… Main bhi jitna ho sake utni help kar hi lunga tumhari… Bhagwan kare tumne jo socha hai wohi ho aur hamare bacche hamesha khush rahe…”

“Aisa hi hoga Papa… Dekhna aap…” I brought tea for us & we settled on the sofa. The landline rang & Papa picked it up, “Thik hai… Main abhi aata hun thodi der mein…” “Papa… Kahin jaa rahe ho?” “Haaannn beta… Tere plan ki shuruwat toh mujhe hi karni padegi…”

I smiled at his response & he left to get ready…

How was the update?

Let me know if you liked this update with your precious votes & comments.

Ignore the mistakes…

With Lots of Love,

DIKU…❤

Hello everyone…

Ignore the mistakes…

With Lots of Love,

DIKU…❤

AN INEVITABLE INTRUDER

CHAPTER FOUR

NAINA

When Sameer opened the door, I stood rooted to the spot. There were three people on the interview panel in front of me. I took a deep breath & looked at Sameer for the last time. He wished me luck & I took a step inside his cabin. “May I come in?” One of the interviewers spoke, “Yes… Come in please…” I wished all of them a very good morning & one of them gestured me to take a seat.

“Good morning Miss Naina Agarwal… Let’s start with the introductions first… I’m Rohan Kapoor, the Chief Operating Officer…” He pointed towards the other person who was sitting next to him on his left side, “He is Siddharth Sinha, the Chief Marketing Officer…” The two chairs next to his right side were vacant & he pointed towards the person who was sitting next to the vacant chairs, “And he is Rudra Sehgal, the Chief Technology Officer. And as you can see the other two chairs are vacant. They will be joining us in a while…”

He was just about to speak something, when the door opened again & two people walked in. I didn’t turn around to see as I felt HIS presence in the cabin. I closed my eyes & took a deep breath again to face the person who made my heart beat at the fastest speed since my arrival in India…

I heard the sound of the chair being pulled & my eyes opened & met the one whom I wanted to see in here. My eyes moved to the other person & I almost wanted to dance in delight. Nanu was sitting in front of me. Rohan again started the introductions, “Yeh hai Mr Jayprakash Maheshwari, the President… And he is Mr Sameer Maheshwari, the Chief Executive Officer of Maheshwari Industries…”

I wished Nanu & Sameer good morning… They didn’t greet me & just gave slight nods… Rohan spoke, “So, let’s start the interview now.” Most of the questions were asked by Rohan, Siddharth & Rudra… Nanu was just silently observing me while Sameer was making some notes…

I had already answered some questions from Siddharth, Rudra & Rohan. They asked me questions like, ‘Tell me about yourself?’, ‘Why should we hire you?’, ‘What is your greatest strength & weakness?’, ‘Why you want to be a financial accountant?’ & so on… Half an hour passed but I didn’t hear anything from Nanu & Sameer…

After few more questions, I heard Nanu’s voice, “Are you willing to fail Naina?” That was a tricky question… I thought for a while & replied confidently looking at Nanu, “While I don’t enjoy failure, sometimes it happens – particularly when you’re not sure which approach would be best for a project and you choose the wrong one. Not everything you try is going to work, and you just have to accept this and know when to change course. One should always have a “Plan B… There is no success without failure. Failure should be our teacher; we should use it as a stepping stone… There is a saying by Joseph Kennedy that do not ignore your failures, acknowledge them & use them as to motivate you. So, yes I will fail sometimes in my decisions & would like to learn from them…”

Nanu didn’t react & the next question came from Rohan, “How would you handle it if your boss was wrong?” I thought about it & only one face appeared as my boss right now… SAMEER… Ahhhh… I shouldn’t think about him at this moment… I replied calmly, “I won’t correct my boss in front of other people as I respect him & the position, he’s in. I would speak to my boss about the error in private, but only when I think that the error would negatively impact the company.” He nodded…

“What makes you unique Naina?”, finally, I heard HIS voice… I looked at his expressionless face & replied, “I am unusually well organized and adept at devising systems, which helps me to stay on top of projects. My supervisors in the previous company have consistently recognized my and looked upon me to help the team remain on schedule. I have an unusually keen interest in current events and policy. Something that distinguishes me from many other people is my ability to connect with clients on a human level from the outset, making them feel comfortable… And the most important is that I keep learning & growing with the help of others around me…”

“Okk… Now the last question for the interview… So, tell me Miss Naina Agarwal, will you ever cheat our company?” I knew where this question came from & I looked deeply in his eyes this time & replied confidently, “Never… My parents have taught me to be honest & loyal with everything I do… Work is worship for me & I will never ever think of cheating my work… What will I get by cheating??? Just some more money which won’t last long enough… If I cheat, it means I lose the trust & faith of my employer… And I would never want that to happen. I will neither cheat our company nor anyone in particular…” I said all this with my heart & my eyes were fixated on Sameer trying to gauge his reaction, but he remained unreadable.

I & Sameer kept staring at each other. Our eye lock broke when Nanu coughed a little… I instantly lowered my eyes; my heartbeats were beating rapidly… I don’t know what the result would be. I just needed to calm down my speeding heartbeats… “Naina… You can go now. We will call & inform you about our decision soon.”, Rudra said with a smile.

I left the cabin after greeting them to have a great day ahead… When I came out, I saw Preeti & Swati waiting for me. They took me in a hug & Swati led me to Munna’s cabin which was also on the same floor but a little away from Sameer’s cabin. We entered Munna’s cabin & I was greeted by him & Pandit. Munna’s cabin wasn’t large enough as Sameer’s.

It was already lunch time & they asked me if I wanted to have anything… But I denied… I was waiting for Sameer. “Naina… Interview kaisa tha?” Preeti asked curiously. “Interview toh accha tha Preeti… Par pata nahi kyun darr lag raha hai…” “Naina… Tujhe Sameer ne daraaya toh nahi na interview ke waqt, tedhe medhe questions poochkar…”, Munna asked… I nodded in a noo. “Yeh Sameer bhi ek alag hi item hai… Pehle kehta hai ki interview nahi lega aur baad mein khud hi andar chala gaya Nanu ke saath…”, Pandit said chuckling… “Sach yaar… Sameer toh mujhe samaj hi nahi aata… bolta kuch hai aur karta kuch aur hi hai…”, Swati said laughing.

“Kon bolta kuch hai aur karta kuch aur hai Swati?” I heard HIS voice behind me… I didn’t turn this time again & his smoky fragrance filled my nostrils completely. He was standing right behind me… “Teri hi baat kar rahe the… Pehle bola ki Naina ka interview tu nahi lega, fir Nanu ke aane ke baad tu andar kyun gaya?” Sameer didn’t reply… I slowly turned towards him taking a deep breath…

Our eyes clashed again… How could I tell these people here that I myself wanted him to be there for my interview? I wanted him to hear all my answers & based on that, I wanted the position on merit. I was so relieved & happy when I felt his presence there. His appearance calmed me & made me comfortable amongst the unknown people.

“Tum dono aise hi ek dusre ko dekhte rahoge yaa kuch bologe bhi?” Pandit’s comment broke our trance & we looked away instantly… “Ummm… Tum logon ka mujhe pata nahi, par mujhe bohot bhuk lagi hai.” Preeti said looking at us. “Bhukkad kahin ki. Thodi der pehle hi toh samosa khaaya tha na tune.” Swati questioned. “Haannn… Khaaya tha, par wapis bhuk lag gayi hai abhi. Toh kuch mangaa le yaa canteen chale khaane?”

“Main order deta hun canteen se abhi… Sab yahin baitho, main abhi aaya…” Sameer left us & went to order lunch for us. I, Preeti & Swati settled on the couch while Munna dragged three chairs for them. Sameer was back in few minutes. Food arrived in the next five minutes & we all dug in it as everyone seemed to be too much hungry. Sameer was sitting opposite me & was observing me while I didn’t raise my eyes to look at him. I felt his gaze on me continuously but I couldn’t look at him now or else he would captivate me with his deep black eyes again.

Munna & Pandit continued with their nonstop banters which was enjoyed by all. Once we were done with our lunch, Pandit asked hesitantly, “Sameer… Ummm… Naina ka interview kaisa tha?” I too was curious to hear what he thought about it… about me particularly… His face was blank at the mention of that. He looked at me, “Naina ka interview ka result jald hi mil jaayega. Tab tak no talks on that. Naina… Chalo… Nanu tumhare liye ruke hai… Tumhare saath hi ghar jaayenge…”

I bid goodbye to the rest & joined Nanu to go home… I was surprised myself that I referred to Sameer’s house as my home in just two days… I & Nanu kept talking throughout our ride but none of us spoke about the interview. I didn’t want to make the situation awkward… Nanu asked the driver to stop the car near an icecream parlour & we collected some chocolate chip ice-creams for home. We reached home in the next five minutes.

Vishakha Maa wasn’t home, so we gave the ice-creams to the housemaid, Shanta kaki, to keep it safely in the freezer & then we went to our rooms to freshen up. When I came back, there was no one in the living room. Shanta kaki informed me that Maa hasn’t come home yet & Nanu must have slept. There was still a lot of time for Sameer to arrive home.

I made a call to my mother as I hadn’t called her since yesterday night. Mummy picked up the call in few rings, “Helloo… Mummy… Aap kaise ho? Main bilkul thik hun yahaan. Aap bilkul fikar mat karo. Vishakha Maa mera bohot acche se khayal rakhti hai, ekdum aapki tarah. Aap apni aur papa ki tabiyat ka dhyaan rakhna…” I told her everything that happened since yesterday & also about the interview. She was very happy that I was comfortable here. We talked for some more time & then we ended the call.

When I turned, I saw Vishakha Maa entering the house. I handed her a glass of water once she sat on the couch. “Thank You Beta… Baitho yahaan…” She gestured me to sit next to her. “Naina… Batao… Kaisa tha aaj ka din? Interview kaisa raha?” I happily told her, “Maa… Accha tha… Bas ab result ka intezaar hai…” She kept her palm on my cheek lovingly, “Tum chinta mat karo beta… Result accha hi hoga…” I blinked & we hugged each other. She patted me lovingly, “Jao thodi der aaram karlo beta… Subah jaldi uthi thi na? Main bhi change kar leti hun. Baad mein milte hai…”

I wanted to ask her that when will Sameer come home. I somehow controlled my urge to ask her & instead nodded in a yesss & went to my room quietly, hoping for the night to arrive soon… Sameer to arrive soon… I laid back on the bed & thought about the day. When I closed my eyes, I saw HIS smiling face. I let my mind wander a little. How handsome he looked in the dark blue suit today? How his silky long hair fell on his forehead all the time? How I’ve resisted him since yesterday? His eyes captivated & enthralled me whenever I looked into them. His body was so alluring, I’m sure that he must be working out every day to maintain that body…

I opened my eyes in frustration… God… Please help me… I need to control my feelings towards him. What if I get the job? Then we would be together most of the time… Then how would I hold onto my feelings without letting him know... He isn’t blind that he won’t understand anything. Neither I’m blind to see that he is just attracted to me. I can’t even share this with anyone…

I don’t know when I slept with HIS thoughts in my mind. I got up when I heard someone knocking on the door. I opened to see Shanta kaki standing there, “Naina beta… Sab neeche aapka dinner ke liye intezaar kar rahe hai. Aap fresh hokar aa jaaiye…” I asked her a little hesitantly, “Ummm… Kya Sameer bhi aa gaye hain?” She nodded, “Ji… Sameer bhi aa gaye hai… Aap bhi jaldi aa jaaiyega?” I freshened up hurriedly & went downstairs to join them for dinner.

When I reached, I was in for a mega surprise….

SAMEER

Seeing Naina nervous was making me nervous too… I’d called up Nanu specifically so that he would lead the interview & he was happy about it. I asked Rohan, Siddharth & Rudra to start with Naina’s interview till Nanu joined them.

When Nanu arrived, he was surprised to know that I won’t be a part of the panel. “Barkhurdaar… Tum iss company ke CEO ho aur main President… Naina ko interview dene ki bilkul zarurat nahi hai, yeh tu jaanta hai… She is over qualified for the position. Aur main tumhe bohot acche se jaanta hun... Toh bataa mujhe, kya baat hai? Tune aajtak kuch nahi chupaaya mujhse. Toh aaj bhi main sab sach sunna chaahta hun. Toh bol…”

Nanu was indeed correct. He knew me more than anyone, even more than Munna-Pandit… It was time to open my heart to Nanu so, I took him in his cabin. We sat on the couch, “Nanu… Main ab jo bataunga, woh sirf hamare hi beech mein hi rahega” “Haannn… haannn… Thik hai… Ab bataa…”

I told Nanu everything since Naina had come to our place, everything that I felt for her. He listened quietly… He didn’t react at all… “Nanu… Naina mere saamne comfortable nahi rahegi… Usne bhale hi mujhe maaf kar diya ho, par shayad mere saamne rehne se woh thik se interview naa de paaye. Isliye main Naina ka interview nahi lenewala. Waise bhi maine Rohan, Siddharth aur Rudra se baat kar li hai. Woh teeno aapke saath honge. Aap interview lead kar lena mere absence mein.”

He got up from his seat & started looking here & there as if searching for something. I asked curiously, “Kya dhoondh rahe hai Nanu? Main bhi help karta hun dhoondhne mein.” “Arey main na mere khadoos Naati ko dhoondh raha hun… Kahin dikh nahi raha mujhe…” “Acchaa… Main abhi dhoondh deta hun… Woh… Main…” I stood there stunned after realizing what Nanu had said. I smiled to myself, “Kya Nanu… Aap bhi…”

Nanu started laughing & took me in a tight hug. “Mujhe mera pehle walaa Sameer mil gaya iss se jyada mujhe kuch nahi chahiye. Aur iski wajah Naina hai, yeh jaankar main aur bhi khush hun.” I blushed hearing her name & I was glad that Nanu hadn’t caught me blushing or else he would tease me continuously. “Barkhurdaar… Ab meri baat dhyaan se sunn… Tujhe aisa kyun lagta hai ki Naina tere saamne uncomfortable ho jaayegi, yeh bhi ho sakta hai ki woh sirf tumhare saath hi comfortable ho… Woh teeno ladke anjaan hai uske liye… Toh unke beech Naina uncomfortable nahi hogi???”

I thought about it & Nanu was indeed right. All the three were unknown to her. Yesss… She will feel out of place… But then I thought it was an interview… The interviewers were always unknown to the candidates… Now, I wasn’t thinking straight… Nanu’s next words cut my thoughts, “Aisa bhi ho sakta hai ki teeno mein se koi Naina ko pasand kar le yaa fir Naina hi kisi ko pasand kar le. Kyun Sameer… Ho sakta hai na aisa???”

I got up suddenly imagining what Nanu said now… All the three were very handsome & dashing with their personalities in their own ways. “Chaliye Nanu… Main bhi aapke saath interview lunga… Aap fresh ho jaiye tab tak main sab ready karvaake aata hun…” Saying that, I disappeared from his cabin… I heard Nanu’s loud laughing sound behind me & I started to blush again…

When I reached my cabin, I saw only Munna, Pandit & Preeti. “Naina kahaan hai???” I asked keeping my voice normal or else my besties would make me spill everything right now… right here & I didn’t want that for now. “Naina fresh hone gayi hai Swati ke cabin mein. Aa jayegi thodi der mein…” I calmed down just a little… I told them to vacate the cabin so the arrangements could be made for the interview.

They went outside & I asked Kamya to add extra chairs for the panel members. Rohan, Siddharth & Rudra arrived & took their places. Nanu’s words started ringing in my head again, ““Aisa bhi ho sakta hai ki teeno mein se koi Naina ko pasand kar le yaa fir Naina hi kisi ko pasand kar le.”

No… I can’t let that happen. When I came out, I saw Naina had joined the group & was waiting… I asked her, “Naina… Ready for the interview?” I could see that her nervousness was back… She took a deep breath, “Yesss… I’m ready…” I wished her luck & opened the door for her & she entered. I looked at our friends outside, “Main abhi aata hun…” I came back with Nanu & all were surprised to see him. “Sameer… Nanu bhi Naina ka interview lenge?”, Preeti asked.

Before I could say anything, Nanu beat me to it, “Haannn… Hum bhi Naina ka interview lenge…” All were looking at us confused… “Hum matlab?”, Pandit asked me raising his eyebrows as if he knew what was about to happen… “Hum matlab… Main aur Sameer…” Everyone was surprised with the news but before they could ask me anything, I spoke, “Andar chalein Nanu… Late ho raha hai…” He nodded & I opened the door for Nanu… I followed him inside my cabin to interview the lady who was affecting my senses every now & then.

Nanu sat first & before I could take my seat, I looked at Naina who had just opened her eyes & our eyes met… I could see the relief on her face after seeing me & then her eyes shifted to Nanu & she looked happy. Nanu was indeed right about her. She was comfortable with my presence & now I could see that on her face clearly. I felt delighted seeing her changing expressions. Rohan introduced us to her but I & Nanu just nodded slightly…

I was making notes about her qualities while the others kept her asking questions. Nanu didn’t ask her anything but was just observing her… I noticed the others who were keenly looking at Naina & again my mind was filled with Nanu’s words. I need to keep them away from her if she joins our company.

I was impressed with the way Naina was answering… I let myself the freedom to look at her openly today. I noticed each & every feature of her face… She was so beautiful… her fair skin was glowing today… I was stumped the moment I’d seen her in the morning in an Indian attire… Pink looked good on her… She hadn’t applied make up at all. I could just see a hint of kohl in her beautiful doe shaped brown eyes. My eyes glued to her pink rosy lips. I definitely wanted to taste them…

I instantly closed my eyes, “What am I thinking? Sameer… Focus on the interview…” I heard Nanu questioning her & then her answer. I was really impressed with her answers. I knew she was over qualified for the position & I was ready with another position for her. I just needed to ask Nanu & the other people on the panel about it later once the interview ends.

I asked her the first question, ““What makes you unique Naina?” Her reply was spectacular & to the point… I asked her the last question which caught me by surprise too as I hadn’t thought of asking such a question, “So, tell me Miss Naina Agarwal, will you ever cheat our company?” She looked surprised at first but answered me nonetheless & I was awestruck with the way she ended the interview with her honest reply... I’m sure others too will agree to it… We were gazing into each other’s eyes when Nanu coughed intentionally which broke the moment.

Rudra said that we will call & inform her about the result soon. I could see that she was breathing unevenly as if her heart was beating too rapidly. She greeted us & left the cabin. Once she was gone, I asked others about their opinion… Everyone voted in her favour which I knew beforehand. I proposed the position that was going in my mind which Nanu had brought to my notice earlier. They all were amazed & stunned for a while.

Nanu was the one to react first, “Waahhh… Barkhurdaar… Tu toh mujhse bhi aage nikla… Accha chalo voting karte hai… Agar sabki voting Naina ke favour mein hui toh usse woh position ke liye appoint kar lenge. Sab ko Manzoor hai na yeh…” We agreed & to my surprise, everyone voted for Naina which made me more ecstatic. I told everyone that we would directly hand over the appointment letter to her tomorrow morning so that she could start with her work from tomorrow itself…

After Rohan, Siddharth & Rudra left my cabin, Nanu spoke, “Sameer… Aaj main bohot khush hun… Maine bhi yahi socha tha Naina ke liye. Aur tere muh se sunkar toh aur bhi accha lagaa… Chal main zara mere doston ko milkar aat hun, lunch bhi unke saath hi kar lunga. Naina ko bolna hum saath hi ghar jaayenge… Thik hai…” I nodded & hugged him. “Hamesha khush raho beta…”

When Nanu left, I came out of cabin in search of HER. I asked Kamya about Naina’s whereabouts. She informed me that she was in Munna’s cabin. I went to his cabin & found my entire gang there… I was standing right behind Naina… The gang was talking about me, that was obvious as I’d changed my plan at the last moment. Pandit asked about Naina’s interview & I cut him saying that we don’t need to talk about it now.

I ordered lunch for us from the canteen. I was actually staring at Naina the whole while… I somewhere had a feeling that she knew I was staring at her & she didn’t dare to look at me. I informed her that Nanu would take her home. She left after finishing the lunch. I was back in my cabin making some preparations for her joining.

Naina would be around me all the time once she took over the job. Was I ready for the distraction? Ahhh… I was… Was I jealous with Nanu’s words regarding the other guys??? Yesss… I was… My feelings were changing me & I don’t know what to feel about it. Should I be happy to become the old happy Sameer or should I be afraid of the change??? Only time would tell now…

My intercom rang breaking my thoughts, “Yesss… Kamya… I told you don’t disturb me for today… Then what’s so urgent?” “Ummm… Sorry Sameer sir… Actually… Manoj Sir & Pandit Sir wants to meet you urgently. I told them that you had specifically asked me not to disturb you. But they aren’t listening…” My besties… How can I forget about them? “Alright… Let them in… And order coffees for us…”

My best friends strode in & sat in front of me… I looked at them & they were glaring at me… “Kya hua??? Aise kyun ghoor rahe ho?” “Tu humse pooch raha hai? Tujhe pataa hai hum yahaan kyun aaye hain toh ab bol please… Kitna suspense create karega???” I laughed at his choice of words… Yesss… I agreed that I created enough suspense regarding Naina’s interview today…

I was about to speak when I heard a knock & Kamya walked in with the coffees… She placed them in front of us & left without a word. Once she was out, I spoke, “Naina ka interview accha gaya tha… I’m really impressed with her… Infact, the whole interview panel was amazed with her…”

“Woh sab hume pataa hai. Tu yeh bataa Naina ko woh position milegi na?”, Munna asked a little impatiently… “Nahi… Naina ko woh position nahi milegi… Aur yeh hum sabka final decision hai…” I wanted to tease my friends a little… They both were shocked with my announcement… “Arey par tune hi kahaa na ki sabko Naina pasand aayi toh fir job dene mein kya problem hai?” Pandit came out of his shock first.

“Haann yaar… Mujhe kuch samaj nahi aa raha… Sameer thik se bataa… Kya baat hai???” Before I could say, my intercom rang again, “Yesss Kamya…” “Sir… Preeti & Swati are here for you.” “Okk… Send them in…” Both the girls came in with the papers that I’d asked them to make.

“Arey tum dono bhi yahin ho?” Preeti said handing me the papers… “Preeti… Yeh Sameer naa paagal ho gaya hai subah se. Pehle bola ki woh Naina ka interview nahi lega, par fir Nanu ke saath chala gaya andar… Ab kehta hai ki Naina ka interview accha hua, par usse woh position par job nahi dega…” Preeti & Swati looked at me & I smiled… And they understood my plan of teasing them…

“Haannn… Toh thik hi toh keh raha hai Sameer… Kyun Swati?” “Bilkul sahi kahaa tune Preeti…” Munna & Pandit got more confused & we burst out laughing… Both of them glared at us & I handed the appointment letter of Naina that was prepared by Preeti & Swati to them. They read it with complete concentration & we saw the expressions changing on their faces…

After finishing the document, they were the happiest. They got up from the seats & pulled me up in a tight hug. “Yaar… Kya khushkhabri di hai… Sameer… Tune toh aaj ka din banaa diya…” Pandit said happily. Munna was looking at me intently & I looked away, “Sameer… Itna bada parivartan kaise ho gaya…” “Kya Parivartan Munna. Maine wohi kiya jo mujhe thik lagaa… Naina deserves this…”

“Chal Naina ko call karke yeh khushkhabri dete hai… Kitni tension mein thi jab yahan se gayi thi tab…”, Preeti was talking with Swati… “Nahin…” I said loudly surprising everyone. “Woh main yeh keh raha tha ki usse ghar jaakar personally yeh khushkhabri dete hai aur yeh appointment letter bhi de denge…”

All of them agreed & we went back to our respective work… I’d asked Nanu to arrange a special dinner for us so that we could celebrate the good news with our family… I just hope that Naina will be happy after I break this great news to her. I was desperately waiting for the day to end so that I could go home & meet Naina…

All of us left from the office around seven & headed towards my home. When we reached home, we came to know that Naina hasn’t come downstairs since evening. I freshened up & joined the rest of the people at the dining table. Shanta kaki informed us that Naina had been sleeping & will join us after freshening up.

When she came downstairs, I was again lost in her as she had worn a simple white cotton salwar kurta & her hair was tied in a messy bun. I so wanted to see her open hair. She stopped midway at the staircase, when she noticed all the dinner preparations… I just hope she likes the surprise…

How was the update?

Let me know if you liked this update with your precious votes & comments.

Ignore the mistakes…

With Lots of Love,

DIKU…❤

Hello everyone…

Ignore the mistakes…

With Lots of Love,

DIKU…❤

AN INEVITABLE INTRUDER

CHAPTER FIVE

NAINA

I stood stunned in the middle of the staircase seeing everyone present on the dining table… Preeti, Swati, Munna & Pandit were there too… What was so special tonight? My eyes finally landed on the one for whom I was waiting since forever. His eyes were focused on me. He stared at me for a while & then looked away.

“Naina… Wahan ruk kyun gayi??? Chal aaja beta. Sab dinner ke liye tumhara wait kar rahe hai…”, Vishakha Maa called me to join them for dinner. I walked towards them taking slow small steps. As I reached, there was a wide range of dishes placed on the table. Unable to keep my curiosity at bay, I asked, “Aaj kuch special hai??? Itni acchi acchi dishes bani hai. Kisika birthday hai kya aaj???” Nanu & Vishakha Maa smiled fondly looking at me whereas the others didn’t react.

As I was just trying to pull the chair so that I could get seated, I heard his voice, “Ruko Naina… Tumse bohot important baat karni hai…” “Sameer… Tumhari important baat baad mein kar lena. Abhi sab log chup chaap khaana khao…”, Vishakha Maa scolded him… He wasn’t someone to back out & he furrowed his eyebrows at her, “Maa… Naina ko pataa toh chalna chahiye na ki kya special hai aaj… Aise kaise khaana shuru kar sakte hai…”

“Sahi toh keh raha hai Sameer… Vishakha tum thodi der bhook sehan kar lo. Aakhir hume bhi toh pataa chale ki aaj kya special celebration hai…”, Nanu looked at him. I don’t know what was going on so I remained quiet. Our friends weren’t even saying anything. I was scared thinking that the important news could be about my interview. Sameer cleared his throat breaking my thoughts…

“Naina… Your interview was great & we all are very much impressed with you. But I’m very sorry to say that you are not eligible for the financial accountant position.” My world crashed the moment he started the ‘but’… my eyes turned wet & Preeti instantly came beside me holding me by my shoulders, “Naina… Tu thik toh hai naa???” I couldn’t speak… I couldn’t react… Sameer slowly stood up from his seat & came to me, “Yeh lo… Rone se pehle isse padh lo shaanti se…”

Sameer handed me a white envelope which had “Maheshwari Industries’ logo engrossed on it. Do they give letters of rejection too??? I didn’t think much & opened the envelope… My hands were shaking when I opened the neatly folded paper. I slowly read the letter… My sadness turned into happiness the moment I finished reading it.

I jumped in joy & hugged Preeti immediately who was standing next to me... She hugged me too, “Congratulations sweetie… You did it…” Swati, Munna & Pandit too came forward & hugged me, wishing me congratulations… I looked at Nanu who was beaming in joy too. I went to him & touched his feet taking his blessings, “Hamesha khush raho beta… Tumhara har sapna poora ho…”

“Yahaan kya ho raha hai? Mujhe koi samjayega?”, Vishakha Maa said in confusion. I looked at Sameer who was already looking at me. “Maa… Naina ko hum financial accountant ka job offer nahi kar sakte. She’s overqualified for that… Humne usse bohot important position offer ki hai hamari company mein & I hope she is ready to accept it…” He said all that looking at me which was turning me to jelly.

Sameer came towards me & stopped right in front of me, “Miss Naina Agarwal… Are you ready to be the ‘Chief Financial Officer’ of our prestigious Maheshwari Industries???” I was stumped at the way he was staring at me for my answer… Swati nudged me from behind, “Kuch bol Naina… Bhoot bankar kya khadi hai…” I blushed nonetheless & replied, “Yes… I’m ready to accept the offer…”

Sameer nodded & brought his hand forward for a handshake, “Congratulations Miss Naina Agarwal…” I shuddered when I placed my hand in his… I was suddenly aware of him, his proximity… He was again standing too close to me… When I looked in his eyes this time, I saw him smiling genuinely happy with my accepting the offer… I so wanted to hug him & celebrate this moment…

“Congratulations Naina beta… I’m so proud of you… Come here…”, Vishakha Maa called me & our small eye lock was broken… She hugged me tightly & kissed my forehead lovingly. I felt blessed to have her around me as my mother here… Her motherly love didn’t let me miss my parents who were far away in Canada…

When I turned to the table, a big red velvet cake was brought by Shanta kaki… ‘Congrats Naina’ was written on the cake & my eyes watered instantly… Nanu took me in a side hug, “Aise khushi ke mauke par aankhon mein aansoon nahi hone chahiye beta…” I looked at him, “Papa hamesha yahi cake laate the mere birthday par toh bas unki yaad aa gayi…” “Bas itni si baat… Arey Sameer… Call lagaa ki nahi…”

Sameer kept the laptop on the table & suddenly my parents appeared on the screen. “Congratulations beta… We are so proud of our baby…” I immediately sat in front of the laptop, “Thank you Mummy… Papa… Yeh sab aapke aashirwaad ke wajah se hua hai…” “Naina… All the best… Hume pataa hai tum iss kaabil ho, isliye hi tumhe itni badi post offer ki gayi… Beta yaad rakhna ki hamesha apne kaam se imaandar rehna… khub mehnat karna… Kisi ko koi shikayat ka mauka mat dena. Hum tumhe bohot successful dekhna chaate hai… Hamara aur unka, unki company ka bharosa kabhi mat todna… Aise log bohot kismat waalon ko milte hai Naina beta…” I knew all that & I would keep their words in my mind & heart forever.

“Papa… Aapne jaisa kahaa main waisa hi karungi… Chinta mat kijiye, main aapke parvarish par kabhi ungliyaan nahi uthne dungi… I miss you Papa… Mummy…” I said in a weak voice. Vishakha Maa came behind me, “Kya Rama??? Meri bacchi ko rula diya tum dono ne…” She admonished my parents… I smiled at that… I introduced everyone to my parents… Sameer appeared before the screen at the end, “Aur yeh hai…” My mother cut me in between, “Sameer… Vishakha ka beta… Hai na?”

Sameer nodded, “Jii… Aapne sahi pehchaana. Namaste…” “Aakhirkaar aaj tumhe dekh hi liya… Bohot sunaa tha Vishakha se tumhare baare mein aur Naina se bhi…” My face coloured a bit after hearing my mother’s reference… “Thank you Sameer beta… Hamari bacchi ko itni badi post dene ke liye…”

Sameer glanced at me once & smiled at my parents, “Aapki beti ko CFO ki position uski kaabiliyat par mili hai, naaki kisi ke sifarish se. Interview panel ke sabhi logon ne Naina ke favour mein vote kiya tha. Infact humne hamare board members se bhi iss appointment ke baare mein poocha tha. Sabki sehmati se hi Naina ko yeh position mili hai… Toh please mujhe thanks mat boliye. Maine kuch nahi kiya, jo bhi kiya woh Naina ne kiya hai… Naina ne sahi kahaa, aapki parvarish aur support ke wajah se hi aaj woh yahaan hai aur usse yeh job mili… Ab uska har sapna poora hoga…” He was smiling throughout the conversation & I kept looking at him without blinking my eyes…

I was astounded with his behaviour. I never knew that the Rude Sameer Maheshwari could talk so softly with anyone. For the first time, I was seeing him talk so lovingly which was reserved only for his close family & friends. I was loving all his different shades… I loved his rudeness too… “Naina… Naina… Kahaan kho gayi tum. Chalo ab cake kaato… Tumhare parents bhi saath hai ab…” I came out of my Sameer’s trance.

I cut the cake & everyone cheered for me… My parents disconnected the call after I cut the cake. I fed the first piece of cake to Nanu & Vishakha Maa… then Swati, Preeti, Munna & Pandit. That piece finished & I cut another piece. I went to Sameer & offered him the piece; everyone was watching us. His eyes connected with mine & he leaned down & took a bite. He fed the same piece to me & murmured, “Congratulations again Naina & welcome to our family, our Maheshwari Industries.”

My breath hitched the moment he said welcome to our family… I’d lost my voice & just nodded in thanks… I turned away from him before I could say or do something that I shouldn’t do… Everyone was still watching us, when I said, “Kya hua? Aise kya dekh rahe ho sab?” “Woh kya hai na Naina… Sameer ko cake pasand nahi hai, fir bhi usne aaj khaaya… Isliye hum sab ko ekdum shock lag gaya hai…”, Munna said looking at Sameer…

I went speechless after what I heard. He didn’t like cakes… I haven’t heard of anyone who doesn’t like cakes… Well… What can you say about The Sameer Maheshwari??? I still had to know about him fully & this job would be a perfect opportunity to do that… “Kuch bhi huh?”, came Sameer’s reply from behind. “Khaana thanda ho jaayega… Chalo… Dinner kar lete hai…”, Sameer said diverting everyone’s mind from the cake…

Once we finished the dinner, Shanta kaki cleaned the table & we helped her in keeping the remaining food in the fridge. We joined the others in the living room where old songs were playing on the radio… I sat next to Nanu… “Kaisa lag raha hai Naina? Khush toh ho na?” How could I not be happy? “Main bohot khush hun Nanu… Maine kabhi nahi socha tha ki mujhe itni badi post kabhi milegi bhi.” He kept his hand on my head, “Beta… Tumhe kuch bhi madad ki zarurat ho toh mujhe bataana. I will always help you…”

Vishakha Maa came with a tray full of icecream that we’d brought in the afternoon. She served us all but didn’t serve Nanu… He was eying the icecream but didn’t get any… We all happily chatted for some more time. Nanu & Vishakha Maa were the first to leave us & retired to their rooms… Now it was just the younger generation sitting there… “Chalo ab hum bhi chalte hai. Kal office mein milenge…” Pandit said & everyone got up to leave.

Once everyone was gone, I decided to sit for some time on the terrace… I bid goodnight to Sameer & went to the terrace. I was gazing at the stars above, when I felt his presence… My eyes moved towards the entrance & there he was in a black t-shirt & grey trackpants… He took hesitant steps towards me. He came & sat next to me as he’d sat the other day…

“Tumhe neend nahi aa rahi Sameer? Thake nahi ho?” I asked him politely… He smiled, “Thakaan toh nahi hai… Aur mujhe jaldi neend nahi aati, jab tak main yahaan terrace mein thodi der na bitaa lun…” “Itna kaam karte ho. Itni mehnat karte ho, fir bhi thakte nahi tum…” He just shrugged & my eyes wandered over his chiselled shoulders. He cleared his throat & I closed my eyes chiding myself, “I need to stop gawking him all the time. What will he think about me?”

“Ummm… Naina… I’m sorry…” I got my heart & mind under control, “Sorry kis liye?” “Woh maine pehle kahaa tha ki tumhe financial accounting ka job nahi mila aur iss wajah se tumhari aankhon mein aansoon aa gaye. Uske liye sorry. Mujhe nahi pataa tha ki tum yun rona shuru kar dogi, warna main aisa kuch nahi kehta… Bas tumhe thoda surprise dena tha, isliye aisa kahaa maine… I’m sorry again…”

How could the Rude Sameer Maheshwari change so fast in a matter of two days??? I was beyond shocked. “Tumhe aise nahi lagta ki kal se tum zyada hi sorry bol rahe ho…” He chuckled, “Haa… main bhi yahi soch raha tha…” he murmured softly… I was looking at him keenly, “Aise kya dekh rahi ho Naina???” His eyes suddenly landed on me & my breath stopped seeing his deep black eyes on me.

“Yahi ki do din mein ‘The Rude Sameer Maheshwari’ ne kisise rudely behave nahi kiya. Infact sab se acche se, pyaar se baat kar rahe ho. Mere parents ke saath bhi tum aache se pesh aaye, uske liye thanks…” “Naina… Thanks ki zarurat nahi hai. Tumhare parents se maine pehle bhi baat ki hai phone par bas kabhi dekha nahi tha… aaj dekh bhi liya… Red velvet cake ka idea bhi unhi ka tha… Ummmm… Tumhe kya lagta hai main sabse rudely behave karta hun?”, he raised his eyebrows at me.

I just shrugged. “Jinko main apni family maantu hun, unse kabhi bhi rudely behave nahi karta Naina…” Did he just say that he considered me & my parents as his family??? I looked at his shining eyes & all I could see was his honesty… I nodded in understanding & we sat there quietly for some more time in silence…

His musky scent was intoxicating me & I somehow controlled the urge to just scoot closer to him…

SAMEER

I was anyways enchanted by seeing her in that simple white salwar kurta. How could she look so ethereal in such a simple dress? I controlled my raging heartbeats… She asked us if there was any special occasion but no one replied. I had asked everyone to keep quiet until I break the news to her. She was about to get seated when I stopped her saying that I wanted to talk to her first. But my mother scolded me & said that we should have dinner first. As usual Nanu saved the day…

“Sahi toh keh raha hai Sameer… Vishakha tum thodi der bhook sehan kar lo. Aakhir hume bhi toh pataa chale ki aaj kya special celebration hai…”, Nanu winked looking at him & I shook my head in exasperation. I hope Nanu could keep my secret in his stomach for a longer time… I looked at my friends who were more than desperate to share the news themselves… They remained quite as I’d told them earlier that I would break this news to her.

When I said that she didn’t get the financial accountant job, her eyes watered immediately. Did I make a mistake of surprising her? She must have felt bad that she didn’t get the job. I instantly walked to her & handed her the appointment letter. Her hands were shivering while opening the envelope & I started accusing myself for bringing tears to her eyes. I shouldn’t have been the one to break this new to her, others could have done that better than me…

I saw her changing expressions. I was now at peace after seeing her happy & smiling. She jumped in happiness & hugged Preeti instantly. I was jealous of Preeti at that moment. I wanted her to hug me first. But how could that happen? We aren’t on good friendship terms yet. We aren’t friends in the first place. I had to do something about that before she joined our office tomorrow.

She was taking Nanu’s blessings, when I asked Shanta kaki to bring the cake. My mother was confused with whatever was happening around her. I cleared her confusion & she seemed very much elated. I asked Naina if she was ready to accept the CFO position. She was so lost in me & I knew that she was affected by my proximity. I almost wanted to dance when Swati brought her back to reality. I was content to know that I was the reason for her distraction too.

I didn’t miss the blush that was creeping on her cheeks… “Yes… I’m ready to accept the offer…” The atmosphere turned jovial for everyone after hearing her acceptance. I forwarded my hand to her for handshake & congratulated her. When her soft hand came in my large palm, I shivered. This has never happened to me with any women before. Just a mere touch & I was on fire. I just wanted to pull her in my arms & hug her tightly & never let her go… I was watching intently in her eyes & held her captive until but my mother called her. Shanta kaki had brought the red velvet cake on the dining table.

I had called up Naina’s parents before coming home & told them about the job offer. They were very much happy & then her father told me to order for a red velvet cake for her on their behalf. I ordered that cake on their request & got it delivered at home directly. I wanted her parents to attend the celebration too so I connected them on my laptop on a video call. I knew Naina would miss them & would want them in the celebration too…

She was the happiest tonight as all her favourite people were with her. After hearing their conversation, I patted myself that I indeed made a right choice by appointing her as the CFO of our company. She introduced everyone to her parents. I was the last to go in front of them. Rama aunty instantly recognised me & said that she had heard a lot from Maa & Naina. I wanted to know what Naina told her about me.

The call was disconnected when Naina cut the cake. She fed cake to everyone. I have a sweet tooth but I don’t know why I don’t like cakes in particular. She cut another piece & came to feed me, and I couldn’t refuse her & miss the opportunity. When she came towards me, everyone’s eyes were on us. I knew that would happen as almost everyone knew that I didn’t like cake. When she offered the piece, I leaned a little & took a bite. I saw the others raising their eyebrows at my action but I didn’t care & fed her the same piece of cake. I congratulated again & I saw the intense look on her face. She didn’t reply, just nodded & turned to escape the burning attraction between us. I wasn’t the only one, she was in it too…

Everyone was staring at us & Naina asked them about it. Munna informed her that I didn’t like cakes & she looked surprised but didn’t voice out her opinion & I was delighted with that. I distracted them by asking to start the dinner. We enjoyed the dinner & also the ice-creams later. Our friends left & Naina bid me goodnight. I saw her going to the terrace. I freshened up a little & took hesitant steps towards the terrace…

I knew she would be there even now. I stopped at the entrance & saw her gazing at the sky. Her face glowed in the moonlight… Even in the darkness, I could see her take a sharp intake of breath. Her eyes turned to me as if she had sensed my presence. I slowly walked to her & sat beside her.

I apologized to her for making her cry when I said that she didn’t get the job. She was watching me avidly & I could feel her gaze on me. When I looked into her brown eyes, I was lost in them again… She was amazed & said aloud about it. She didn’t believe that The Rude Sameer Maheshwari could change in the matter of two days. I told her honestly that I don’t behave rudely to everyone, especially with my close family & friends. I wanted to tell her directly that she was becoming a part of my family too. But that had to wait for now. This was not the right time.

“Ummm. Naina… Can we be friends???”, I finally asked her what I had planned to ask her tonight. This was the perfect place where we were alone & no one would find out about this side of me… I wanted to be The Rude Sameer Maheshwari to others, but not to her… I’ve already hurt her enough. She was still looking at me with her intense eyes… I don’t know if she even heard what I asked. It took a lot of courage from my side to ask her for being my friend.

Naina forwarded her hand, “Friends…” I released the breath that I didn’t know I was holding since when. I shook her hand & I was dazed again as I felt the electric current again… Her soft hand looked small in my large one, but still it fitted nonetheless… We shared a deep eye lock, still clutching each other’s hands. Should I ask her if she was attracted to me too? She would definitely slap me after that. And I can’t take that risk now…

We heard some sound afar & we both got back to reality & left the handhold. I could see her cheeks turning crimson again. “Ummm… Naina agar bura na maano toh kuch poochu?” “Abhi abhi friendship ki hai. Aur friendship ke rules nahi pataa tumhe? Kya tum Munna aur Pandit se bhi aisi formalities karte ho?” I nodded in no, “Maine aaj tak kabhi kisi ladki se friendship nahi ki Naina…” And there I said it openly.

She looked at me astounded, “Sachiii…” I smiled at her, “Mucchi…” She beamed, “Toh fir main bohot lucky hun Sameer ki tumne mujhse dosti ki. Kyun sahi kaha na?” “Lucky toh main hun ki tumne meri dosti accept ki aur mujhe mere rude behaviour ke liye maaf kiya… Thank You Naina for being friends with me…”

She took a deep breath, “Tumhe sacchi friendship ke rules nahi pataa na… Thik hai. Main batati hun. Friends kabhi kuch bhi poochne ke liye permission nahi lete, bas jo bhi ho pooch lete hai… Dosti ka ek important rule hai Sameer, ‘NO SORRY… NO THANK YOU…’ Toh ab se poorani baatein bhul jao… Ek nayi shuruwat karte hai iss dosti ke zariye… Aage se hamare beech yeh sorry aur thank you nahi chalega… Samjhe…” I was continuously watching her speak & agreed to whatever she said, “Thik hai… Mujhe saare rules samajh aa gaye… Waise tumhare bohot friends honge na Canada mein?”

Naina looked at me almost in pain, “Nahi… Mere koi friends nahi hai wahan…” I was shocked after hearing that. “Main jaanti hun tum yahi soch rahe ho na ki mere friends na hone ke baawajud mujhe itna dosti ke baare mein kaise pataa… Maine Mummy aur Vishakha Maa ki friendship dekhi hai bachpan se… Infact, mujhe papa hamesha kehte ki dost aise banana jo lifetime saath de sake. Wahaan jitne bhi mile, unhone kahin na kahin mera faayda hi uthaaya. Kabhi notes ke liye toh kabhi kuch aur. Tab mujhe samajh aaya ki mera koi real saccha dost banaa hi nahi…” Her eyes turned moist & I could see her shining eyes…

I held her hand softly, “Yahaan toh Preeti, Swati, Munna-Pandit hai… Aur ab main bhi hun tumhara accha aur saccha dost…” I saw her eyes brimming with tears again. I shifted closer to her & wiped her tears, “Main bohot lucky hun Sameer ki mujhe tum jaisa friend mila… Munna-Pandit jaise bhai mile… Swati aur Preeti jaise friends cum Bhabhiyan mili…” I looked at her tearstained face & whispered, “Kya hum bhi friendship mein rules banaa sakte hai?” She nodded. “Toh fir ek special rule hai tumhare liye ki aaj se no rona dhona. Tum rote hue bilkul acchi nahi lagti Naina… Tumhare chehre par sirf muskaan acchi lagti hai. Toh muskuraya karo, hasaa karo…”

I was still wiping her flowing tears… “Ab bas bhi karo na Naina…” And she whispered this time, “Yeh khushi ke aansoon hai Sameer… Meri zindagi mein tumhare aane se main bohot khush hun…” I raised my eyebrows at her choice of words & she realized her folly, “Mera… mera… matlab hai ki… woh sab ke mere zindagi mein aane se main khush hun.” She was stuttering for the first time & I was so enjoying it. She uttered those words unconsciously but it reached straight to my heart…

The day will come soon when she would say the same words again for me only & I would make sure of that… I wanted to be her special friend & I will see to it that I would be her special friend soon. I don’t want to be in the same category as she has placed the rest… I promised myself that she will soon be where I want her in my life…

I tucked her hair behind her hair & felt her shiver… I don’t need to ask anything anymore. I got my answer loud & clear. She too felt the same as I did. She too was affected the way I’m affected by her. “Ummm… Sameer… Tumhe cakes kyun nahi pasand??? Uss din toh ekdum shouk se aluu halwa kha rahe the… Aaj icecream bhi khaaya…” “Pataa nahi Naina. Par mujhe pehle se hi cake pasand nahi hai…” “Agar main kabhi cake banau toh khaaoge Sameer???” I replied instantly, “Haaannn… Zaroor khaunga… Tum khaana bohot accha banati ho Naina…” She grinned, “Woh toh hai…”

“Tumne Rama aunty ko mere baare mein kya bataaya Naina???” I wanted to know desperately… “Woh toh main nahi bataungi…” She said teasing me… Suddenly we heard a sound of something falling in our house. I rushed downstairs & switched on the lights. I didn’t see anyone in the living room & I heard some noise coming from the kitchen. Naina picked up the empty vase that was lying on the table. I went towards the kitchen & Naina followed behind me.

I halted midway & Naina crashed on my back. We both shuddered at the contact… We saw Nanu was searching something in the fridge… We both sighed in relief. “Nanu… Aap iss waqt kitchen mein kya kar rahe ho aur kya dhoondh rahe ho fridge mein???” He looked at us shocked hearing my voice in the silent kitchen… “Woh… woh… Sameer… Main… na… Main… paani lene aaya tha…” He was stammering as if he was caught red-handed & I knew why he was here.

“Aap icecream aur cake dhoond rahe the naa???” I furrowed my eyes at him. He looked at Naina, “Tum dono kyun soye nahi abhi tak. Subah office nahi jaana tumhe???” “Nanu… Aap topic change mat karo. Maa ko uthau kya?” Naina giggled behind me watching our antics… I looked at her, “Tum kyun hass rahi ho? Maa ne raat ko Nanu ko icecream aur cake nahi diya isliye yeh yahaan khaane aaye hai…”

I turned to Nanu, “Kyun sahi kaha na?” He shook his head, “Haannn… Mujhe bhi icecream aur cake khaana hai?” “Nanu… Doctor ne aapko yeh sab cheezein khaane se manaa kiya hai na. Aap fir kyun aise karte hai?” I sighed… “Ek icecream se kuch nahi hota yaar Sameer…” I looked at Naina for help. She came forward, “Nanu… Main aapko aapka favourite icecream aur cake ghar mein hi banaa dungi… Chalega kya???”

He beamed in happiness… “Chalega nahi, daudega…” He was leaving the kitchen & suddenly turned, “Tum dono bhi jaa kar so jao… Bohot raat ho gayi hai. Baaki ki baatein kal raat ko terrace par kar lena.” And he winked at me… “Aapko kaise pataa hum terrace par baatein kar rahe the?”, I asked curiously. “Beta… Main tumhara Nanu hun… Samjhe… Ab so jao warna sach mein tumhari maa uth jaayegi aur sab ki class lagayegi… Chalo… Goodnight…”

Nanu left us in the kitchen, “Yeh Nanu bhi na kisi bacche se kam nahi hai…” I murmured… Naina again started giggling… I loved the sound of her laugh… I turned to her, “Thik hai na Sameer… Unhe bhi kabhi kabhi khaane ki iccha hoti hogi. Main unhe sugarfree icecream aur cake bana dungi. Thik hai…” I smiled fondly looking at her… We were again lost in each other’s eyes when I heard our clock chime. It was already twelve…

“Chalo Naina… Let’s sleep… Kal jaldi bhi uthna hai tumhe, aakhir pehla din hai as CFO… Aur haannn… Be ready by eight… Kaam ke time no dosti…” She looked happy & we led to our rooms. I switched off the lights of the kitchen & living room on the way… Naina was following behind me closely. We bid goodnight & went to our rooms.

I slept having Naina in my thoughts & how the days would be from tomorrow when she would be around me all the time. “Naina… I can’t wait for tomorrow to come any sooner…”

How was the update?

Do vote & comment if you like the update…

Ignore the mistakes…

With Lots of Love,

DIKU…❤

Hello everyone...

I'm back with the next chapter...

I'm sorry for the late update...

Ignore the mistakes...

With Lots of Love,

DIKU...❤

AN INEVITABLE INTRUDER

CHAPTER SIX

NAINA

I slept finally after tossing & turning for an hour... The reason behind it was one & only, 'The Sameer Maheshwari'. His behaviour has changed drastically since yesterday... I'm happy with that. Tomorrow it was going to be the first day as the CFO in 'The Maheshwari Industries'. This was like a dream come true for me. I never expected anything like that when I'd arrived in India...

Well... I hadn't even expected to fall for someone on the very first day... Sameer is still a mystery for me. His behaviour is unpredictable at times... I still need to know him better & this job would give me an ample time for that... I was surprised when he asked me to be his friend. I thought about it for a while & then I'd responded... He seemed very happy when I accepted him as a friend...

He was wiping my tears of happiness when I almost blurted my feelings aloud, "Yeh khushi ke aansoon hai Sameer... Meri zindagi mein tumhare aane se main bohot khush hun..." I smacked myself mentally when I realized my folly... I started stuttering trying to do some damage control, "Mera... mera... matlab hai ki... woh sab ke mere zindagi mein aane se main khush hun."

Sameer didn't say anything but was looking at me intently. I knew that he caught my blabbering & was thinking about it. My hair came out from the messy bun that I'd tied & he softly tucked it behind my ear. My body shivered with his sudden act... And I'm sure that he felt it too. The chemistry between us was blooming...

I asked him about why he didn't like cakes to divert our minds... I even asked if he would eat if I would make the cake & he agreed immediately. I was dancing mentally when he complimented that he liked my cooking. Ahhhh... I promised myself then & there that I would always cook for him at least once every day & continue to hear his compliments. The camaraderie between us was changing & I was beyond happy with it.

I knew he would ask about what I'd told my mother about him, but I'd escaped it by teasing him that I won't tell him anything. Our conversation broke when we heard some noise coming from downstairs. I followed Sameer as he was switching on the lights on the way. I picked up an empty vase ready to attack if the need arises. Sameer halted midway & I clashed with him. We shuddered at the contact... Neither of us looked at each other or reacted... We heaved a sigh of relief when we saw Nanu standing in the kitchen...

I was surprised that Nanu was the one who was sneaking in the kitchen to eat icecream & cake... He looked so cute when he was pouting & asking Sameer if he could at least devour one icecream. Sameer chided him that doctor has strictly restricted him from eating such sweet & cold things. I was giggling watching their antics... I agree with Sameer that Nanu was acting like a child who was fighting to eat an icecream...

Sameer looked at me for help & I told Nanu that I would prepare his favourite cake & icecream at home for him. Sameer didn't react but was calm once Nanu turned to leave the kitchen. We both were surprised that Nanu knew that we were on the terrace till now & asked us to continue our chitchatting later another night. I almost controlled the blush that was creeping on my face while Nanu said that.

I was thinking about all this & was excited to start my first new job in India, that too with Sameer... I tried to sleep but whenever I closed my eyes, his face would appear. I need to keep a check on myself from now on as I was going to work with him & our friends would be with us all the time. I don't want anyone to find out about my feelings for him just yet...

I got up before my alarm & freshened up to join Vishakha Maa in the kitchen... She was already preparing tea & I made aloo parathas for breakfast... Once everything was ready for the breakfast, I left to get ready for my first day in office. I already selected a yellow lucknowi kurti & white salwar pants for the day... I've always loved the Indian outfits... So, I'd brought maximum of what I had with me here. I still needed some more. I thought of planning to buy some more outfits with Preeti & Swati this weekend...

When I reached downstairs, I saw Nanu & Vishakha Maa were already on the dining table waiting for us... Sameer wasn't there anywhere... I just took a step ahead & my nostrils filled with his smoky fragrance. He was right behind me. I didn't turn around & we both reached the dining table together. When I looked at him, I was more than stunned to see him in a black suit with a light-yellow shirt... We were almost twinning in yellow...

Sameer kissed Vishakha Maa on her cheek & took blessings from Nanu, wishing them good morning... "Good Morning Naina...", he said softly taking in my appearance... I flustered under his stare & wished him good morning. I too wished good morning by taking blessings from Nanu & hugging Vishakha Maa... Sameer was already seated & I sat beside him... Maa served us breakfast...

"Ummmm... Maa... Aloo ke parathe bohot tasty bane hai... Aur ek do na please..." I heard his voice & blushed listening to his compliment... Maa served him another aloo paratha & said, "Taarif karni hai toh Naina ki karo Sameer, kyunki parathe usne banaye hai..." He was already looking at me, "Naina... Bohot acche bane hai aloo parathe... I loved it..." I lowered my eyes & muttered a thanks... Vishakha Maa spoke, "Naina beta... Tumhe shayad pataa nahi hoga par hamare Sameer ko aloo ke paratha bohot pasand hai... Favourite hai uske..."

I was glad that Vishakha Maa told me that. Now, I would see to it that I would make allo parathas for him on every alternate day... We finished our breakfast & were leaving for the office when Vishakha Maa stopped me, "Naina... Aaj tumhara pehla din hai toh yeh lo dahi shakkar kha lo..." She fed me a spoonful of it & my eyes were wet as my mother too would do the same... Maa immediately hugged me & kissed my forehead, "Naina... Mujhe pataa hai tum abhi Rama ko miss kar rahi ho. Par beta hamesha yaad rakhna ki unka aashirwaad hamesha tumhare saath rahega... Khud ko kabhi akela mat samajna... Hum sab bhi toh hai yahaan... Hamesha tumhare saath rahenge... Itne acche din ki shurawaat aansoon se nahi karte..." She wiped my tears & hugged me again. Nanu too hugged me & wished me good luck...

I silently followed Sameer to his car & as a gentleman he opened the door for me... I sat quietly... He took the driver's seat & our drive started... I was a bundle of nerves today... I was fidgeting all throughout the drive... Sameer stopped the car at the side of the road. I looked at him in confusion, "Office toh nahi aaya abhi tak..." He looked at me keenly, "Tum itna nervous kyun ho Naina???"

I started fidgeting again, "Sameer... I'm not sure ki main itni badi responsibility sambhaal paungi... Kal jab tumne mujhe CFO ki position di toh main bohot khush ho gayi. Par aaj jab main uss position ko lene jaa rahi hun, toh darr lag raha hai ki kya main usse sambhaal paungi yaa nahi..." I glanced at him & he slowly took my hand in his, "Naina... Meri taraf dekho." I took a deep breath & looked at him in his eyes finally.

"Naina... Tumhara nervous hona main samaj sakta hun. Don't worry... Hum sab tumhare saath hai. Aur especially main... Tum kabhi bhi mere paas aa sakti ho... I will always be ready to help you... Khud par bharosa rakha Naina... Tum kar sakti ho. Sab badon ka aashirwaad hai tumhare saath aur fir hum sab bhi toh hain... Tum chinta mat karo...", his words calmed my nerves & I smiled. He started driving again & switched on the music player & a beautiful song played,

Chhookar Mere Man Ko

Kiya Tune Kya Ishaara...

Badla Yeh Mausam

Lage Pyaara Jag Saara...

Chhookar Mere Man Ko

Kiya Tune Kya Ishaara...

Music was the only thing that could calm me. Sameer raised his eyebrows at me, "Ab thik ho???" "Sameer... Tumhe kaise pataa chala ki mujhe puraane gaane pasand hai..." His smile broadened, "Tumhare papa ne bataya tha mujhe. Unhone ne kahaa tha mujhe ki jab tum jyada nervous ho jau aaj toh puraane gaane bajaa dena. Naina ka mood ekdum thik ho jaayega..."

"Tumhe papa ne bataya ki tumne unse poocha Sameer???" I knew the answer but wanted to hear. He didn't look at me as he was concentrating on the road, "Ummmm... Mujhe pataa tha ki tum aaj bohot nervous hogi. Isliye maine hi unko call karke pooch liya tha..." I really wanted to hug him straight away... He was thinking about me... my nervousness & he was the one who called my father to ask what to do if I get more nervous... Why was he so nice??? I was falling for him all over again... How would I resist him if he continued doing such things all the time for me???

Before I could say anything, he stopped the car... And I realised that we've already reached the office... He switched off the music player & looked at me... "Chalein???" I nodded & got out of the car. He led me to the elevator & kept his protective hand at my back again as he had done yesterday. I was getting used to his touch now... We both glanced at each other at the same time. He held my gaze till the elevator dinged announcing its arrival... We moved inside the elevator & he entered the code for the top floor.

"Naina... Tum bhi yeh code yaad rakh lo. Aage kaam aayega..." I nodded. I wanted to ask him why would I need it but then I kept mum. We reached his floor & as yesterday, there was no one in sight except for his assistant, Kamya... She wished Sameer good morning but didn't glance at me at all. Ahannnn... Somewhere I felt that this chick was having a crush on her boss, so she was glaring me all the times we met since yesterday...

Sameer again led me inside his cabin with his protective hand still lingering on my back which was definitely not missed by Miss Kamya... "Naina... Welcome to Maheshwari Industries..." I was happy to hear that, "Thank You Sir..." He scrunched his eyebrows at me, "Sir???" I bit my lower lip & his eyes landed on my lips. "Ummmm... Ab office mein CEO ko Sir hi kahungi na???"

He smiled & came close to me, very close, "Tum mujhe office mein Sameer hi bulaogi... No Sir... Samjhi..." I could neither blink nor I could look away from his captivating eyes... We stood there looking into each other's eyes till we heard a soft knock on the door. I moved away instantly as he said, "Come in..." Kamya strode in the cabin walking past me & stood in front of Sameer.

"Good morning Sir... We have a board meeting which starts in the next fifteen minutes..." She read the day's schedule to him from her tab... Sameer listened to her attentively & blinked his eyes in affirmative. "Alright... I will be in the conference room on time. You may go now..." Kamya turned & stared at me for a while, "Kamya... Order two coffees for us..." I saw her glaring at me again but I didn't mind that. He gestured me to take the seat in front of him & I sat there.

"Naina... Tumhe bhi yeh board meeting attend karni hogi. Aaj se hi tumhe CFO ki responsibility leni hogi... So, are you ready for that???" "I'm ready Sameer & I promise that I would never let you & the company down..." He looked content, "I know Naina... I trust you..." When I heard his words, I went speechless... Did he really say that??? Kamya walked in breaking my small moment & kept the coffees on the table... She left the cabin & I was still looking at Sameer when he offered me the coffee mug. I took it slowly not breaking our eye contact...

My eyes closed when I could no longer look into his deep black eyes... Before we both could say anything, our friends entered his cabin squealing in delight. "Welcome Naina..." I got up & hugged everyone. "Ummmm... Yeh milan baad mein kar lena sab. Abhi board meeting ke liye chalein..." Pandit murmured, "Yeh hume shanti se milne bhi nahi dega... Khadoos kahin ka..." I chuckled hearing that & Sameer glared at him, "Suna maine... Ab iss khadoos CEO ke order follow karo aur sab conference room chalo..."

Everyone left his cabin one after the other. Sameer stood next to me, "Naina... All the very best... Yeh tumhari pehli board meeting hai..." "Thanks Sameer..." he walked ahead of me & opened the door for me. We walked out of his cabin & went to the conference room. It was on the nineteenth floor, so we took the stairs... I saw Kamya looking at us, when Sameer held the door of the conference room open for me.

All the board members were already present & I saw our friends sitting amongst them... The only chair that was vacant was next to the main chair that would head the conference... In short, I would be sitting next to Sameer... "Naina..." His voice broke my thoughts & he gestured me to the seat. He pulled the chair for me & I sat there glancing around.

"Good Morning Everyone... And thank you each & everyone for attending this special board meeting at such a short notice period." Everyone nodded & Sameer continued, "Yeh special meeting iss liye bulaayi gayi hai taaki aap log hamare naye Chief Financial Officer se mil sake. Unke baare mein humne kal hi video conference par baat kar li thi. Par aaj aap sab unse il bhi lijiye... So, here is the new Chief Financial Officer of Maheshwari industries... 'Miss Naina Agarwal'."

He looked at me & offered his hand. I placed my hand in his & all the nervousness that I was feeling seemed to fly away with his touch only... I got up from my seat & stood next to him, still holding his hand... I smiled looking at everyone... "Good Morning Everyone... I'm Naina Agarwal & I'm taking over the responsibility of the Chief Financial Officer from now on..." I spoke confidently looking around & in response everyone clapped for me, welcoming me in the Maheshwari Industries...

Sameer left my hand & I took the seat... He continued with his speech talking about the projects that needed immediate attention & was asking few questions to the departmental heads regarding their work... It was already an hour in the meeting, when I heard someone asking him, "Sameer. Have you thought about any specific place for our yearly outbound trip for this year???" "Ummmm... I haven't thought about it yet... But if you all have any suggestions for that, then do let me know..."

I saw Kamya making notes of whatever was being discussed there. I was impressed with the girl as she looked very much into work... But her crush on her boss could create some hitches in her work, I thought... Sameer thanked everyone & ended the meeting.

Once the meeting was over, Sameer introduced me to all the people who were present there. I already knew few of them as I was again being introduced to Rohan, Kabir & Rudra... They welcomed me warmly with their handshakes. Sameer didn't look comfortable when I accepted their handshakes... Was he getting jealous??? Noo... noo... It can't be... But what if he was really getting jealous.

My thoughts broke when I felt his presence behind me. This time I turned to see him straight in his eyes...

SAMEER

I was very excited that Naina was going to start working with me from today... I missed my workout session & got ready quickly as I got up late. Now, don't ask me why I got up late. I didn't sleep till three in the morning. I was thinking about Naina all the while. I forget to keep the alarm & that was the main reason that I couldn't get up on time. When I opened my eyes a little groggily to check the time on my mobile, I got up with a start... It was already seven in the morning...

I showered & got ready in half an hour, missing my workout routine. I hurriedly went downstairs & halted in the middle as Naina was just ahead of me. She stopped too & I knew that she'd felt my presence behind her... But as usual she didn't turn & continued walking towards the dining table.

My eyes finally landed on her, when I greeted her good morning. She looked stunning in that yellow kurti... She glanced at me with a knowing look... I was amazed with her cooking skills... I loved the aloo parathas that she'd made for breakfast & I'd blurted the same... I know Maa would be getting suspicious with my open appreciation about Naina's cooking. Naina lowered her eyes immediately when I'd praised her cooking... Was she blushing or was she embarrassed??? I need to find out...

She got emotional when Maa made her eat curd & sugar. I assume it was some ritual that was done when you started something new & important in your life. Maa used to give me that too. I was happy that Maa was making her feel at home. I knew that she was nervous for her first day in office & I already got some solutions for that from her father. I'd called her father yesterday night before going to the terrace. He told me that she would feel better once she listens to old songs as they were her favourites...

While going to office I stopped the car in the midway to calm her nerves. She was continuously fidgeting which didn't escape my eyes & I had to do something. Once I talked her out of it, I played the old songs on my music player & I was thankful to those songs that instantly calmed her... She asked me, ""Sameer... Tumhe kaise pataa chala ki mujhe puraane gaane pasand hai..." I smiled & told her about my conversation with her father.

I was surprised with the way she asked me, ""Tumhe papa ne bataya ki tumne unse poocha Sameer???" I couldn't lie to her & told her the truth... I don't know what she was thinking after that as she'd gone quiet. When we reached my cabin, I told her that she needed to attend the board meeting with me. She didn't know that the agenda for the meeting was about her joining as CFO too.

When I heard her say, "SIR", my heart had stopped beating... I never wanted her to call me 'SIR'. I loved the way she calls me Sameer & I would love it to hear that forever... I went very close to her & spoke, ""Tum mujhe office mein Sameer hi bulaogi... No Sir... Samjhi..." She stood her ground & didn't move at all. We were gazing into each other's eyes when Kamya knocked on the door. Our sweet moment broke with that & I chided myself that I can't do that with her here in the office. What would she think about me???

Our friends entered my cabin & started welcoming her & hugging her... I don't know why but I was surely getting jealous of seeing everybody hugging her... I stopped their banters & almost chided them, "Ummmm... Yeh milan baad mein kar lena sab. Abhi board meeting ke liye chalein..." I knew I was acting like a kid whose all friends got the candy except him... I heard Pandit mentioning me as a khadoos CEO, but I didn't care & asked everyone to move to the conference room.

I wished her good luck as she was attending her first board meeting. I led her to the conference room & I started the meeting. I knew that Naina would still be a little nervous, so I offered my hand to her while introducing her to all the people present in the meeting. The moment she held my hand, her nervousness flew away & she introduced herself confidently speaking in front of them. I held her hand throughout. I saw my friends glancing towards our entwined hands but it didn't bother me...

I discussed some details about important projects with everyone. Someone asked me about our yearly outbound trip for this year. It had totally skipped my mind & I asked them if they had any suggestions regarding the same. Once the meeting was over, I introduced Naina to everyone personally... People welcomed & congratulated her. When Rohan, Kabir & Rudra came forward for the introductions, Nanu's words started haunting me again...

My blood boiled the moment they shook hands with Naina. She had glanced my way before holding their hands... Could she read my mind? Did she know that I was getting a little jealous over their handshakes??? I stood behind her & this time she did turn to me. I wasn't expecting that as she never turned towards me whenever I stood behind her.

I wanted to just hug her here & tell everyone that she's mine. But I couldn't do that... First, I don't know if she feels the same about me like I do. Second, today is just the third day since we met... Third, I haven't told her about Sunaina yet... I heard a cough behind me that broke my thoughts & also our eye lock...

Kamya was standing there looking at me, "Ummm... Sir... the meeting that you were going to have in ten minutes is cancelled due to some personal reasons. They wanted to know if we could reschedule the meeting for tomorrow..." I thought for a while, "Alright... Reschedule it for tomorrow..." She left & I turned to see Naina watching her go... It was only the six of us in the conference room now...

"Sameer... Main soch raha tha ki iss baar yearly trip ke liye hume Nainital jaana chahiye...", Pandit spoke. Preeti & Swati too agreed for the same. Munna didn't say anything as he was looking at me. "Ummmm... Dekhte hain..." I need to finalise some nice place for this year as Naina also would be a part of it now...

Naina enquired, "Waise yeh yearly trip kya hai???" Munna answered her, "Naina... Hum har saal hamare poore staff ko trip par le jaate hai teen din ke liye. Hum wahaan staff ko alag groups mein baant dete hain. Ek cottage mein ek group rehta hai. Hum sab ke saath din mein team building exercises aur games khelte hai aur fir shaam se unhe jahan ghumna hai woh jaa sakte hai... Isse sab staff ki acchi outing bhi ho jaati hai aur sab ek dusre se connect kar paate hai..." Naina looked at me & I continued, "Hum sab bhi jaate hai taaki sabhi staff ko samaj paaye. Yeh sirf unke liye nahi balki hamare liye bhi important hota hai. Nanu ne yeh shuru kiya tha aur hum usse aage badha rahe hai. Mera personal experience hai ki isse hum sabko bohot faayda hota hai... Isliye aaj hamari Maheshwari Industries top par hai kyunki hum hamare employees ko hamari family jaise treat karte hai... Toh bas iss baar kahaan jaana hai yahi decide karna hai..."

"Wowww... Maine yeh pehli baar aisa suna aur dekha hai ki koi apne employees ko aise trip par le jaata hai... I'm impressed... I'm really happy to know that I'm going to be part of this family..." Her eyes gleamed with happiness & I wish one day she really becomes a part of my family... I smacked myself mentally when I saw Munna-Pandit were watching me intently... I just hope that they haven't read me completely...

"Chalo Naina... Main tumhe tumhara cabin dikha deta hun...", I said diverting my bff's attention. She followed behind me with the girls while my best friends were walking with me. "Sameer... Kya chal raha hai???" I looked at them sideways, "Kya chal raha hai?" My face was blank for now as I didn't want my friends to know that I've befriended Naina...

I turned towards the stairs again & walked to the twentieth floor... "Hum tere cabin mein jaa rahe hai kya Sameer?", Pandit asked me. I didn't reply & crossed my cabin. I stopped in front of a cabin which was just next to mine & was locked since I took over as CEO... Everyone stopped behind me & I opened the door. It was the same as my cabin...

I turned to Naina, "Naina... This is your cabin from now on. Just tell me if you want any changes to be done with the interiors... I will arrange that immediately..." Naina went speechless & others were looking at me. I know what they were thinking. I never allowed anyone to take this cabin. I didn't even permit my best friends for that and today I was giving this cabin to Naina... This was the biggest change that was happening since years...

Naina came in front of me, "Mujhe kuch bhi change nahi karna hai Sameer... Everything is just perfect... Ummmm... Waise woh door kahaan khulega???" She pointed towards a door to the left... I knew where it would open but is this the right time to say... But before I could speak, Munna walked to the door & opened it. That was a connecting door that would open in my cabin... I closed my eyes cursing my stars after a long time.

Naina didn't say a word after that & was looking at me... "Woh door mere cabin mein khulega..." I spoke after the door was opened... Munna closed the door & walked to us... "Ummm... Mujhe na bhook lagi hai. Kuch khaane ko manga le... Waise bhi Naina ka aaj first day hai toh celebration toh banta hai...", Preeti said breaking the silence that had filled the room.

I agreed & turned to Preeti, "Tum hi order kar lo. Main tab tak zara fresh hokar aata hun..." I left her cabin without giving a backward glance... I locked the door of my cabin & took some deep breaths to calm my heart & mind. I heard a knock & then Pandit's voice, "Sameer... Darwaaza khol. Hume tujhse baat karni hai." I knew this would be coming. I hadn't told them about all this change. I opened the door reluctantly & both of them walked in.

"Sameer... Kya chal raha hai bhai... Itna Parivartan kaise ho gaya?", Pandit said raising his eyebrows... "Koi parivartan nahi hua hai... Koi aur cabin abhi ready nahi tha toh mere paaswala hi de diya. Kab se khaali hi toh tha..." I spoke a little mechanically... They didn't believe my words; I could see that in their eyes... but they didn't bicker as the girls strode in my cabin through the connecting door.

My eyes connected with Naina & she lowered it immediately... Ahhhh... Have I made it awkward for her??? I walked to her & kept my finger under her chin & made her look at me, "Kya hua? Agar tumhe iss connecting door se problem hai toh main isse permanently nikaal dunga." She instantly spoke, "Maine kab aisa kahaa..." My heart danced at her words & she bit her lower lip unconsciously diverting my attention to them...

I turned around to face my friends, "Kisi aur ko koi problem hai kya?" No one answered but they looked astounded... There was a knock on my door & I spoke with authority, "Come in..." I saw someone coming towards me in full speed & hugging me tightly in front of everyone... I was very much elated to see another best friend of mine who had come all the way from New York...

She left me & punched me hard on my chest. "Tumhe itne saalon mein ek call karna bhi zaruri nahi laga na Sameer... Konsa friend aisa karta hai. Na mere mails ka jawaab dete ho naahi mujhe call back karte ho... itna busy hote ho na tum. Toh dekho main hi aa gayi tumse milne... Aur ek badi good news bhi hai... Main ab se India mein hi rehne waali hun..." She squealed in happiness & hugged me again...

Everyone was watching the scene unfolding in front of them with amusement... I glanced at Naina & my heart flipped seeing her in tears... Don't take me wrong. It's just that this is the first time some girl is hugging me in front of her... Her tears were the answer for my unasked question that had lingered on my mind since yesterday... She too is jealous when I'm near some other girl... My presence with some other girl was bothering her & I was glad to see that...

I turned with her towards my gang & was about to introduce them when she interrupted, "Let me guess Sameer... Ummm... yeh hai Manoj... akka Munna aur yeh hai Pandit..." She turned towards the girls, "I think she is Swati, Munna's wife & she is Preeti, Pandit's girl..." She was right till now. She turned to Naina, "Ummmm... I'm sorry... But main isse nahi jaanti Sameer... Tumhari girlfriend hai kya?"

I so wished that would turn true now but I was way too far away from that... Naina looked at me with her wet eyes, "Ummm... Yeh Naina Agarwal hai... Aaj hi hamari company mein as a CFO join kiya hai..." She turned towards Naina & congratulated her... Naina smiled at her whispering a thank you.

"Guys... Yeh hai meri best friend aur meri university ki meri sabse badi competitor... Amrita Khanna... Yeh New York main rehti hai. Kapoor company ki CEO hai madam... Munna, Pandit... Maine tumhe bataaya toh tha Amrita ke baare mein..." All my friends did a handshake with her while Naina remained aloof. Naina whispered something to Swati & was gone the next instant. I know that she was a little hurt. But for now, I let it be... I just needed to play the cards at the right time. I just needed to decide a place for our yearly trip to get to know Naina more & the rest I will leave it to my destiny...

How was the update?

Do you think Amrita's entry would help Samaina come closer or will it destroy their relationship even before it starts???

Let me know with your precious votes & comments...

Ignore the mistakes...

With Lots of Love,

DIKU...❤

Hello everyone...

I'm back with the next chapter...

Ignore the mistakes...

With Lots of Love,

DIKU...❤

AN INEVITABLE INTRUDER

CHAPTER SEVEN

NAINA

I was very happy when I confidently introduced myself to all the people in the conference room... The reason for my confidence was Sameer... He held my hand the whole time till I finished speaking... I knew our friends were looking at our hands but for now I didn't think about it much...

I heard someone asking about some yearly trip & I asked them about it once the meeting was over. Munna & then Sameer told me about it & I was really very much impressed. In excitement I spoke, "Wowww... Maine yeh pehli baar aisa suna aur dekha hai ki koi apne employees ko aise trip par le jaata hai... I'm impressed... I'm really happy to know that I'm going to be part of this family..." The words that came out of my mouth affected Sameer as I could see him staring at me dumbfounded.

He took us to the twentieth floor & I thought that we were again going to settle in his cabin before he showed me my cabin. But he didn't stop near his cabin & walked ahead... He halted in front of the door next to his cabin. I didn't notice that door yesterday... He opened the door & we all followed behind him. He turned to me, "Naina... This is your cabin from now on. Just tell me if you want any changes to be done with the interiors... I will arrange that immediately..."

I went speechless. Was he kidding??? Was this huge cabin mine??? Did I hear him properly??? I slowly moved & saw the cabin... It was enormous just as Sameer's cabin. I thought that not even Munna's & Pandit's cabins were such large... I turned to Sameer & spoke in a daze, "Mujhe kuch bhi change nahi karna hai Sameer... Everything is just perfect... Ummmm... Waise woh door kahaan khulega???"

There was a door at his left side. He didn't say anything & I saw Munna walking towards the door & opening it. I heard Sameer's voice, "Woh door mere cabin mein khulega..." My heart summersaulted hearing that. He allotted this cabin to me which had a connecting door to his cabin... I was beyond happy. I saw the others who were looking at Sameer with amused eyes...

Preeti cut the silence & said that she was very hungry & we needed to order something to eat as a celebratory lunch for my first day in office. Sameer asked her to order lunch & excused himself to freshen up. Munna & Pandit followed behind him.

Swati turned to me, "Naina... Kya jaadu chalaaya hai tune hamare Sameer par??? Preeti dekha tune???" I didn't understand what she was trying to say, "Swati kya bol rahi hai tu? Mujhe kuch samaj nahi aa raha..." She held me by my shoulders & made me sit on the couch. "Toh dhyaan se sunn ab. Sameer ne yeh cabin kisiko bhi nahi diya aaj tak. Munna aur Pandit ko bhi nahi... Jab se Sameer CEO banaa hai yeh cabin hamesha khali hi raha hai. Humne kai baar pucha par usne kabhi jawaab nahi diya."

Preeti continued, "Aaj yeh cabin tujhe dena, yahi bohot badi baat hai Naina... Sameer itna change kaise ho gaya??? Yeh toh mere bhi samaj ke baahar hai. Par mujhe aisa lagta hai ki yeh badlaav ka sabse bada reason tu hi hai Naina...Kyun Swati? Main sahi soch rahi hun naa???" Swati spoke instantly, "Hmmmm... Baat toh sahi hai Preeti... Naina ke aane ke baad se Sameer kuch jyada hi badla badla sa lag raha hai..."

I couldn't believe their words... Sameer didn't give this cabin to anyone, not even his best friends... I didn't know what to make out of this. But I was over the moon with this news. Does this mean that he wanted me to be close to him in office too??? The connecting door was the main highlight for me... We can approach each other whenever we like... Swati & Preeti felt the reason behind his change was 'Me'... Really??? I can't believe that...

"Kahaan kho gayi madam???", Swati broke my chain of thoughts... How could I tell these girls what was I thinking about??? I looked at them, "Kuch nahi... Main bhi yahi soch rahi thi ki Sameer ne yeh cabin mujhe kyun diya?" They raised their eyebrows at me & I lowered my eyes instantly. "Naina... Hume mile do din hi hue hai. Par fir bhi mujhe aisa lag raha hai ki tum humse kuch chupa rahi ho... Bolo kya baat hai???"

"Kuch bhi toh nahi... Bas I'm also confused like you..." This was the half-truth... They didn't push me for more & Preeti ordered pizzas for us... I got up to join Sameer, so that I could avoid my friend's questioning looks... "Arey Naina... Yeh connecting door se jaate hai na???" & Preeti pulled me towards that door. When we entered Sameer's cabin, his eyes landed on mine & I looked down immediately.

He came to me in the next moment... He kept his finger under my chin & made me look at him. My body instantly shivered with his intimate touch... I heard his soft voice, ""Kya hua? Agar tumhe iss connecting door se problem hai toh main isse permanently nikaal dunga." How can he think about that & I instantly replied, "Maine kab aisa kahaa???" I could see his eyes darkening a little & I bit my lower lip unconsciously diverting his attention to them... Why did I do that??? He closed his eyes instantly & turned to his friends to ask if anyone has any other problems...

My first day in office was great till someone ran into Sameer's arms... The scene in front of me was nothing I wished to see any time in my life. My heart sank the moment I saw that girl hugging Sameer so tightly. I was beyond furious... My eyes water immediately... I didn't let anyone see that but at the precise moment, Sameer looked at me. I knew he saw my twinkling eyes going wet... I closed my eyes to blink away those tears...

The girl in Sameer's arms left him & punched him hard... She was angry that he wasn't responding to her mails & calls... I was a little happy hearing that. Before Sameer could introduce her to us, she started guessing. Her guesses were right though... She stopped in front of me, ""Ummmm... I'm sorry... But main isse nahi jaanti Sameer... Tumhari girlfriend hai kya?"

My heartbeats started thumping loudly with her words. I so wished it to be true... I saw Sameer who was also lost in his thoughts... After a while he introduced me, "Ummmm... Yeh Naina Agarwal hai... Aaj hi hamari company mein as a CFO join kiya hai..." The girl congratulated me. I desperately wanted to know who she was... I didn't have to wait more as Sameer introduced her, "Guys... Yeh hai meri best friend aur meri university ki meri sabse badi competitor... Amrita Khanna... Yeh New York main rehti hai. Khanna company ki CEO hai madam... Munna, Pandit... Maine tumhe bataaya toh tha Amrita ke baare mein..."

'HIS BEST FRIEND', that was the only thing that I heard loud & clear... All our friends welcomed her & shook her hands. But I stayed away from her... I was feeling claustrophobic in his cabin now. So, I turned to Swati, "Main zara fresh hokar aati hun..." Saying that, I left from his cabin without looking at anyone... I went to my cabin & locked myself in the washroom. The tears started flowing again & this time I let it flow...

After sometime, I saw my face in the mirror. It had turned pale & my eyes were red... I immediately freshened up so that no one could see my tear-stained face... When I came out of the washroom, I heard my intercom ringing... I picked up, "Hello..." I heard his voice from the other end, "Ummmm... Naina... Lunch aa gaya hai... Toh please mere cabin mein aa jao. Everyone is waiting for you..." I just replied, "OK..." I didn't say anything further & kept the receiver down.

I thought to myself, "Naina... Tum overreact kar rahi ho. Amrita sirf Sameer ki best friend hai... uski girlfriend nahi, jo tujhe itna rona aa gaya. Tune khud ko kal hi samjhaya tha naa ki office mein sab ke saamne tumhe apne feelings ko control karna hoga..." I closed my eyes & took a deep breath, "Main apne feelings ko khud par haavi nahi hone de sakti. Main India apna sapna poora karne aayi hun aur main usse poora karungi. Toh ab se mera poora concentration sirf ussi par hoga... I will immerse myself in my work so much that I won't have time to think about anyone else... Sameer... I won't let you affect me so much..."

I took that oath to myself & went to his cabin. I knocked on the door & I heard his voice, "Come in..." I went inside & saw that everyone was indeed waiting for lunch. The pizza boxes weren't even opened yet. "I'm sorry. Mere wajah se tum sab ko itna wait karna pada... Ab main aa gayi hun toh khaana shuru karein, mujhe bohot bhook lagi hai..." I opened the boxes & we all started munching on the delicious pizzas... I felt HIS gaze on me several times but as usual I didn't turn or look at him. Instead, I concentrated on eating & chatting with the others...

Amrita seemed to be a nice girl. She was telling us stories about their university days in New York. She told us about all the pranks she had pulled on Sameer & we laughed out loud... Sameer too shared some of his memories... It sounded good & I was happy seeing the glint in his eyes when he was sharing all the incidences... I was happy seeing him happy. I hadn't seen him smiling like this since my arrival... Amrita's arrival brought back the genuine smile that everyone wanted to see on his face... I was happy too... Munna & Pandit also shared some of their childhood pranks & my mood improved drastically.

Once the lunch was over, everyone got up to go back to work. "Naina... Main tumhe hamara office dikha deta hun... Tum sirf departmental heads se aur board members se mili ho ab tak. Tumhe sab staff ka bhi introduction kara deta hun...", I heard Sameer's voice. I looked at him in his eyes & spoke, "Tumhe taklif lene ki zarurat nahi hai. Mujhe Swati aur Preeti introductions mein help kar denge..." I looked at Amrita & smiled, "Aaj Amrita tumse milne aayi hai. So, I think you should spend your time with her. I will manage myself..."

Before he could say anything, Pandit chimed in, "Naina ekdum sahi keh rahi hai. Hum hai na, Naina ko sabse milvine ka kaam hamara hai. Fikar not bhai, you carry on... Chal Naina..." Pandit offered his hand & I took it gladly, walking out of Sameer's cabin. I didn't look at Sameer all the while when Pandit spoke. I cajoled my heart, "It's time to behave professionally in office & it starts from now..."

My other half day went in knowing the staff on all the floors. Everyone welcomed me wholeheartedly. They all seemed happy with their work. When I came back to my cabin it was already five in the evening. I desperately wanted coffee. I asked Preeti if she too wanted it. We all settled on coffees & it was then I heard a knock & Kamya walked in my cabin.

I was surprised to see her there in the first place... She stood in front of me & spoke, "Sameer Sir told me to inform you that your email id has been initiated & he has sent you some mails related to our company. Rudra Sir will come in some time to help you with our system..." She smiled at me & wished me, "Welcome to the Maheshwari Industries Madam..." I couldn't believe that this girl who was glaring me since yesterday suddenly turned so polite with me.

I smiled back, "Thanks... Ummm... Kamya... Please call me Naina..." She nodded, "Naina... Do let me know if you want anything..." I hesitated for a while & asked, "Can you tell me the intercom of our canteen so I can order coffees for us???" She looked at everyone & said, "I will order them for you..." And she left... I was genuinely surprised with the sudden change in her behaviour.

I turned to my friends who were looking at me, "Kya hua??? Aise kya dekh rahe ho tum sab?" Preeti spoke first, "Kamya ne pehli baar Sameer ke alaawa kisi aur ke orders liye hai..." "Really???" I asked astonished... All of them nodded. There was another knock on the door & our coffees arrived. All my tiredness of the day vanished with just a sip of coffee... After few minutes, everyone left me alone in my cabin. I heard a knock again & the door opened, "Hey... Hii Naina Madam... I hope you recognize me?"

I smiled at him, "Hiii Rudra... Come in please & don't be so formal with me... Just call me Naina please..." His smile widened & he entered the cabin. He came with a laptop, "Naina... I'm here to handover this office laptop to you. It has all the applications that you will need for work." He explained me everything relating to the company's system. He handed me a confidential letter, "Naina... Isme tumhara username aur password hai. Jab first time login karogi toh password change kar lena yaad se... Password aisa rakhna jo hamesha yaad rahe..." He laughed & forwarded his hand for a handshake, "All the best again Naina..." I held his hand & the door to my cabin opened...

I saw Sameer standing there at the door, his eyes squinting at us. I lowered my eyes & saw that we hadn't left each other's hand yet. Rudra left my hand & turned fully towards Sameer, "Hey... I've handed over the laptop to Naina & have explained her everything related to our system..." Sameer nodded & Rudra turned to me, "Naina... Koi bhi problem ho toh mujhe bataa dena. I will help you out anytime... Chal bye for now... See you around..." He left after that & I saw Sameer was still standing at the door.

"Ummm... Kuch kaam tha???", I asked him softly trying to smoothen my raging heartbeats... He came inside & stood in front of me. He was looking at me earnestly... He didn't say anything & I was trying to understand his unsaid words... The door to my cabin opened again & Amrita walked in, "Sameer... Main kab se tumhe dhoondh rahi thi. Tum tumhare cabin mein nahi the. Fir maine Kamya se poocha toh usne bataaya ki tum yahaan aaye ho. Waise tum yahaan kya kar rahe ho?"

She looked at me, "Hiii... Naina... Right?" I nodded. "Sameer... Chalo naa bohot important baat karni hai tumse..." She smiled at me, "Ummm... Naina... Do you mind if I take Sameer with me?" My heart sank listening to her words but I replied nonetheless, "Yesss Amrita... Take him... He is all yours..."

SAMEER

I should've gone behind Naina when she left my cabin. The image of her tear-filled eyes was flashing in front of my eyes every now & then... I don't know if I should feel happy with Amrita's arrival or not... My friends kept her busy by asking her about her stay in New York. She even started to tell them about her career there...

I kept smiling but didn't hear any of their talks. My mind was focused on Naina. Where was she? Was she ok? The way she had left from here had not escaped my eyes. She looked damn upset with Amrita's appearance... How could I tell her that Amrita was just my best friend??? My mind contradicted, "Naina tumhari girlfriend thodi hai jo tum itna soch rahe ho...", but my heart instantly reminded me of her tears... Uhhhhh... I needed to see her now...

My thoughts broke when Kamya walked in with the delivery guy who brought pizzas for our lunch. I saw that my friends were still busy talking with Amrita. I walked to my table & dialled the intercom of her cabin. She picked up after few rings. Her voice sounded too much dull on the call. When I told her that the lunch has arrived & everyone is waiting for her, she just replied with a 'OK' & disconnected the call... Have I already ruined the chances of getting to know her better???

I heard a knock on my cabin door & I thought it would be Kamya. But I was stunned to see that Naina had knocked & was asking permission to enter. I couldn't react & she entered with a smile on her face. She apologised for making everyone wait for lunch. She opened the pizza boxes & everyone started eating & chitchatting again.

Amrita was telling them about the pranks she had pulled on me during our university days. I too shared some incidences with them. All very laughing & enjoying our talks. I stared at Naina many times but she didn't even look at me once. I had seen her red puffy eyes when she'd entered my cabin a while ago... I don't know what to do to make her feel better.

Once we finished our lunch, I offered to introduce her to the remaining staff of our company. But she softly denied, "Tumhe taklif lene ki zarurat nahi hai. Mujhe Swati aur Preeti introductions mein help kar denge..." She further said that I should spend time with Amrita as she was here to visit me. I didn't know what to say further. Pandit took her with him for the office tour.

Amrita kept talking about her family & work in New York. I was hearing but nothing registered in my mind. "Sameer... Mujhe na thoda kaam hai toh main zara aati hun thodi der mein..." I blinked & she was gone. After a while, I called Kamya in... "Kamya... I know tum meri assistant ho. But I want a little favour from you..." She nodded, "Tell me Sameer Sir. What help do you want?"

"Kamya... Naina hamare office mein nayi hai. Aaj hi usne as a CFO join kiya hai. Toh if you don't mind just help her a little till, she settles here..." "Don't worry Sir... I will take care of that..." I got a call from Rudra that Naina's official mail has been initiated & he would handover the company laptop in some time. I asked Kamya to deliver the message of Rudra to Naina... I was about to go to Naina's cabin when my mobile rang. It was a video call from my client. Kamya had already reminded me of that earlier.

I picked up the call & got busy for the next hour. Once the call ended, I got up to visit Naina... When I opened the door, I saw her shaking hands with Rudra. I was angry with myself that I should've come here before & stopped this from happening. Then I realized that I can't stop her from meeting people. I won't be around her all the time.

When I appeared at the door, Rudra updated me about handing over the laptop to her & helping her with our system. When he left, I was still standing at the door, looking at her. Naina hesitated for a while, ""Ummm... Kuch kaam tha???" I went ahead & stood in front of her. I was looking at her earnestly to see if I could see anything for me in her eyes. But she had masked herself really well. Before I could ask her anything, Amrita walked in her cabin looking out for me.

Amrita asked Naina if she could take me with her... I was astonished to hear Naina's reply, "Yesss Amrita... Take him... He is all yours..." Did she already assume that Amrita was anyone special to me? Amrita was just my best friend... How should I let her know that??? It was already six in the evening. We would head back home at seven. That was the perfect time to talk to her in the car while we go home together...

Amrita almost dragged me to my cabin. I checked the watch to confirm that it was just an hour more so that I could talk to Naina properly without any disturbance. "Tum sunn bhi rahe ho kya main kya bol rahi hun kab se???", I heard Amrita's voice booming over my ears. I looked at her impatiently, "Kya hai Amrita??? Kitna bolti ho na tum??? Thakti nahi kya itna bolte bolte???" I was beyond frustrated...

She looked at me with puppy eyes, "Tum sunn kahaan rahe the waise bhi... Accha yeh batao kya scene chal raha hai tumhara Naina ke saath???" I widened my eyes at her & she started laughing... "Sameer... Apni shakal dekho zara... Kitna frustrated lag rahe ho???" "Kuch bhi. Koi scene nahi chal mera kisike saath. Tum yeh batao tum kya bakwaas kar rahi ho kab se? Aur haannn... Main pehle poochna hi bhool gaya... Tum India mein settle hone aayi ho... Kyun??? New York jamm nahi raha tumhe???"

"Sameer... Tum na yun meri baat mat taalo... Batao na Naina ke saath kya chal raha hai tumhara???" I looked at her in anger, "Amrita... Tum sunna kya chaahti ho huh???" She thought for a while, "SIrf sachhh..." We were together for few years & she knows me better than others... "Arey bolo naa... Main sunn rahi hun..." She sat on the couch comfortably & was waiting for me to speak...

I knew this girl wouldn't let go until I tell her everything. I sat down next to her & started narrating all that happened since Naina landed at my place... Amrita was listening to me as if I'm narrating her one of her favourite story... When I was done, she looked at me incredulously... I stuttered a little, "Tum... Tum aise kya dekh rahi ho???" She kept her finger on her chin as if thinking something, "Main soch rahi hun ki finally Sameer ko pyaar ka bukhaar chadh hi gaya..." Saying that, she started laughing...

I shouldn't have told her anything. I should've known that this girl would laugh out once I tell her what I feel for Naina... She sobered down after few minutes... She looked at me, "Sameer... I'm happy ki finally tumhe kisi se pyaar toh hua. University mein tumne kitni ladkiyon ke dil tode the, yeh main hi jaanti hun. Unn mein se mera bhi ek dil tha... Yaad hai na tumhe..."

"Amrita... Tum please yeh sab mat bolo..." "Arey Sameer... Don't worry... I'm over it now... Waise Naina bohot lucky hai ki tumne usse chuna..." I looked at Amrita & spoke a little sadly, "Kaash main bol saku ki main bhi lucky hun ki Naina ne mujhe chuna..." She furrowed her eyebrows at me, "Tum aisa kyun bol rahe ho???"

"Main nahi jaanta uske dil mein mere liye koi feelings hai bhi yaa nahi... Kabhi kabhi lagta hai ki woh bhi mere tarah hi feel karti hai aur kabhi kabhi ekdum alag hi behave karti hai..." "Hmmmm... Jaise aaj Naina ne tumhe avoid kiya???" I nodded... "Jab tumne mujhe hug kiya sab ke saamne tabhi Naina ke aankhon mein maine aansoon dekhe... Jo mujhe accha nahi laga Amrita... Uske baad se hi woh mujhe avoid kar rahi hai... Main abhi gaya bhi tha usse milne par tum aa gayi mujhe lene..." I almost chided her...

She started laughing again... "Tum na ekdum buddhu ho Sameer... Sacchi... Tumhe pata bhi hai ek ladki ke aankhon mein aansoon aana kitni badi baat hai. Iska ek hi matlab nikalta hai ki Naina bhi tumhe pasand karne lagi hai. Agar aisa nahi hota toh tumhe meri baahon mein dekhkar usse bura nahi lagta..." I knew this but still I wanted to hear these words from Naina & I would have to wait a little more for something like that to happen...

"Tumhe kya itni important baat karni thi ki tum mujhe yahaan khinch kar laayi???", I asked her sternly. "Bohot important baat bataani hai tumhe... Sameer... Tumne abhi abhi poocha naa ki main yahaan India mein settle kyun hone aayi hun..." Now, I wanted to listen to her reason... "Woh... Main na apne pyaar ke liye India aayi hun Sameer..." I was staring at her after listening her reply... "Tum yahaan mere liye aayi ho???", I asked a little hesitantly... She face palmed herself & muttered some curses... "Sameer... Meri baat dhyaan se suno tum... Maine kahaa na ki I'm over it. Then I mean it that I'm over you... Main yahaan Rohan ke liye aayi hun..."

I raised my eyebrows at her & she continued, "Rohan mujhe New York mein mila tha... Woh koi conference attend karne aaya tha aur main bhi ussi conference mein thi. Mujhe toh usse pehli nazar mein hi pyaar ho gaya tha... Hum poore conference mein saath hi the. Uske baad ke teen din bhi hum saath hi the. Uske India aane ke baad, main usse bohot miss karne lagi. Fir ek din mujhe ek unknown number se call aaya aur pataa nahi kyun par maine bhi woh call receive kar liya."

"Aur woh call Rohan ka tha... Kyun sahi kaha na???" I asked winking at her. And she started blushing, "Haannn... Woh call Rohan ka hi tha... Uske baad hum roz baat karne lage... Fir ek din achanak Rohan mujhe milne New York aaya aur tabhi humne ek dusre ko apne dil ki baat bataayi... Hum do saal se relationship mein the aur ab jaakar Rohan ne mujhe shaadi ke liye propose kiya..."

"Woww... That's amazing... Congratulations Amrita..." She blushed again, "Tum congratulations baad mein dena... Pehle mujhe tumhari help chahiye..." Rohan has already asked her for marriage, so what was the problem now... I asked, "Kaisi help???" She looked a little worried now, "Ummm... Hamare parents ko manane mein help chahiye..." Aaahhhh... How can I forget her strict parents?

"Sameer... tum jaante ho na mere parents kitne strict hai aur Rohan ke parents bhi thode orthodox hain... Hum dono ke parents ko lagta hai ki main yahaan India mein settle nahi ho paaungi... New York se hun iss liye Indian culture mein dhal nahi paaungi..." Her eyes misted, "Main Rohan se bohot pyaar karti hun Sameer... Uske liye toh main kuch bhi kar sakti hun..."

"I can't believe Amrita ki yeh sab tum bol rahi ho... Jo ladki aaj tak New York ke alaawa kahin settle nahi hona chaahti thi, woh aaj India mein apne pyaar ke liye settle hona chaahti hai..." "Sameer... Tum meri help karoge na??? Dekho please manaa mat karna..." I smiled widely at her, "Main tumhari help zaroor karunga Amrita..."

"Aur hum bhi..." I heard my friends voice from the door. Munna, Pandit, Swati & Preeti were standing there... They entered & we both stood up from the couch... "We're extremely sorry Amrita... Sorry Sameer... Hum toh tumse milne aaye the, par fir tum dono itni important baatein karne lage toh humne disturb nahi kiya... aur chupchap wahin khade reh gaye aur tum logon ki sab baatein sunn li... We are sorry...", Pandit said & lowered his head with the others...

I & Amrita started laughing loudly... "Kya yaar tum log bhi... Koi sorry ki zarurat nahi hai... Waise achha hi hua ki tum logon ne sab sunn liya... Toh ab tum sab bhi meri help karoge na???", Amrita asked them with hopeful eyes... They all shouted together, "Haannn..." Preeti looked at me, "Waise tumhara aur Naina ka kya scene chal raha hai???", she asked me raising her eyebrows... I looked at everyone & they all started laughing again...

"Tum logon ne sab kuch sunn liya???", I asked closing my eyes... Munna came near me & kept his hand on my shoulder, "Maine to pehle hi kahaa tha ki Naina hi tumhare liye perfect hai... Par aaj tere muh se sunn kar hum sab bohot khush hai..." I opened my eyes & Munna hugged me... Pandit too came forward & hugged me... I saw everyone genuinely smiling & happy for me...

"Hum sab bohot khush hai Sameer... Tumhe kab se khush dekhna chaahte the...", Swati said smiling at me... "Waise tumhari choice bohot acchi hai Sameer...", Preeti teased me & I looked away, blushing a little... Naina was still in her cabin... I could see her silhouette through the connecting door.

"Amrita... Toh hume Rohan se kab milva rahi ho???", Munna asked her... "Ummm... Woh... Tum sab jaante ho Rohan ko...", she said nervously & we all looked at each other... "Tum Rohan Kapoor ki baat toh nahi kar rahi, jo hamare company mein Chief Marketing Officer hai???", I asked hesitantly... She looked nervous but still nodded, "Haannn... Main Rohan Kapoor ki hi baat kar rahi hun... Main thodi der pehle usse hi milne gayi thi..."

I couldn't control myself & dialled Rohan's extension, "Helloo... Rohan... Come to my cabin please... It's an emergency..." Amrita pleaded, "Dekho Sameer... Rohan ko kuch mat bolna... Usse nahi pataa hai ki main tumhari best friend hun... So please..." We all waited for Rohan to arrive...

He came after five minutes. "Hii Everyone... Bolo Sameer... Kya emergency hai?" He hadn't seen Amrita yet. "Emergency wahaan hai...", I said pointing at Amrita... He turned & froze for a moment & a beautiful smile crept up on his face when he saw Amrita who was standing behind Swati & Preeti... He moved forward & pulled Amrita for a hug... The way their eyes glinted in happiness were proof enough that they loved each other madly...

I coughed loudly & they broke their hug. "Rohan... Amrita ne hume sab kuch bataa diya hai aur hum sab tum dono ki help bhi karenge..." He looked relieved... "Thanks... We really need help..." We all discussed some plans for helping the love birds... It was already seven thirty when Kamya came in to bid us goodbye...

"Sameer... Waise tumhe nahi lagta ki tumhe bhi hamari help ki zarurat padegi..." I looked at Pandit's mischievous face. Rohan looked at Pandit, "Sameer ko help kyun lagegi???" Amrita took over, "Rohan... Main tumhe baad mein bataungi... Abhi chalein... Mujhe bohot bhook lagi hai aur tumne mujhe promise kiya tha ki aaj dinner par le jaoge..."

Rohan left with Amrita for dinner... I asked Preeti to call Naina so we could go home together... I was waiting for this desperately... I really wanted to talk to her & clear the misunderstanding... Preeti came & informed me that she will join us in five minutes after freshening up... "Maine decide kiya hai ki hum hamare yearly trip ke liye Shimla jaayenge..." I spoke & everyone cheered...

I looked at all my friends, "Dekho... Please Naina ke saamne kuch bhi aisi waisi baat mat karna. Main khud hi uske dil ki baat jaanna chaahta hun. Jab mujhe tum sab ki help chahiye hogi, main keh dunga. Tab tak please koi bhi Naina ko kuch mat bataana. Main khud hi uska dil jeet lunga... Waise bhi tum sab mujhe acche se jaante ho. Main jab kisiko dil se chaahta hun toh usse apna banaa kar hi rehta hun... Hamari Shimla wali trip jaldi hi plan karte hai taaki mujhe Naina ke saath thoda time spend karne mil jaaye..."

Pandit hooted, "Hum sab tumhare saath hai Sameer... Bas jaldi se Naina ko hamari Bhabhi banaa de... Kyunki hamare pet mein yeh baat rakhna thoda mushkil hoga...", he said teasing me... I heard a knock on the door & I knew that it was Naina this time. I need to do something about this knocking thing first...

She entered the cabin & joined us. We all left from there towards the parking lot... I opened the door for her & she sat down comfortably... I started driving the car & focused on the road as there was too much traffic... "Ummmm... Naina... Aaj ka pehla din kaisa raha???" She looked at me, "Bohot accha tha... Laptop milne ke baad main tumhare mails hi check kar rahi thi... Ummm... Sab toh nahi padh paayi... Ghar jaakar padh lungi..."

I stopped the car at the red lights & looked at her, "Naina... Office ka kaam sirf office mein. Ghar par sirf family time... Main bhi workaholic hun par mera kaam kabhi main ghar nahi le gaya. Toh I advise you the same. In fact, I will help you with whatever mails I've sent to you about our company tomorrow..." She nodded & that was a good sign...

The signal turned green & I started driving again... I understood that this wasn't the time to talk to her on our personal issues... I will definitely talk to her tonight on the terrace... That's our personal time & I will make sure of using it for making her mine...

"Yesss... She would be mine soon...'

How was the update?

Do let me know through your precious votes & comments...

Ignore the mistakes...

With Lots of Love,

DIKU...❤