Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

I wanna die like while para-trouping ... or something really wild..... it gives you a peek into that small moment bet' life and death.. an experience you can never get otherwise... and damn it, not believing in God makes it that much more harder since there is no hope in those small moments.....😊

Why sooo height.......just jump from 1st floor....😊 ðŸ˜‰

cRaZyGrL192 thumbnail
OK WELL IM GONNA START OFF BY SHARING SUMTHIN WITH ALL OF U... a few years back my nani(grandmother) passed away...my grandmother lived with me since the day i was born...she was more of my mother than my own mother was...she died in july and my birthday was is august... my unlce's...(my nani's son) birthday was a few days b4 mine in the same month...he morned and didnt celebrate his birthday...and did not allow n-e 1 to celebrate their birthdays or holidays in his house...my mother on the other hand decided to celebrate my birthday...and have a party...at first i was very upset...and i said how can u do that??? then she explained to me that my nani wouldnt have wanted me to sit and cry on my birthday...she wud feel so hurt if i did that. she was always the first person to wish me and the first person to give me a present and celebrate... than i realized my crying and not celebrating holidays it only hurts the ppl we lost...htat doesnt mean i dont miss her and i dont feel bad...there isnt one day i dont thihnk abt her...but i think u shud be practical and remember your loved ones happily...with a smile on ur face if u can... i kno i still cry sumtimes 😊

srry if i bored n-e 1...wid my ram kahani... 😳
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cRaZyGrL192

OK WELL IM GONNA START OFF BY SHARING SUMTHIN WITH ALL OF U... a few years back my nani(grandmother) passed away...my grandmother lived with me since the day i was born...she was more of my mother than my own mother was...she died in july and my birthday was is august... my unlce's...(my nani's son) birthday was a few days b4 mine in the same month...he morned and didnt celebrate his birthday...and did not allow n-e 1 to celebrate their birthdays or holidays in his house...my mother on the other hand decided to celebrate my birthday...and have a party...at first i was very upset...and i said how can u do that??? then she explained to me that my nani wouldnt have wanted me to sit and cry on my birthday...she wud feel so hurt if i did that. she was always the first person to wish me and the first person to give me a present and celebrate... than i realized my crying and not celebrating holidays it only hurts the ppl we lost...htat doesnt mean i dont miss her and i dont feel bad...there isnt one day i dont thihnk abt her...but i think u shud be practical and remember your loved ones happily...with a smile on ur face if u can... i kno i still cry sumtimes 😊

Om Asatoma Sadgamaya
Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya
Myrityoma Amritam Gamaya

it means...From delusion lead me to Truth
From darkness lead me to Light
From death lead me to eternal life....

Edited by Believe - 17 years ago
Majority thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

So the bottomline is...dont question people's faith and belief and customs ... keep an open mind about it!

Excellent.

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
"Death" is a  concept which no one likes to discuss even if we know that death is inevitable.
We mourn after the death of our loved ones (say friends or family or relatives) because we miss them,we cannot see them Physically or we cannot communicate with them thereafter as earlier.
Most of the South Eastern Asians ,don't celebrate any festivals and functions for1 year  if they lose their family member as a mark of respect to their family member.Its just their way of showing affection to the lost person.Even though they don't cry everyday in that 1 year time,they remember that person atleast on the festival days.
After the death of a hindu person,they do all the rites and perform some rituals for 13 days .Reason they say "the soul of the dead person wanders in that house or  that region for somedays".So we need to  convince the person's soul that we do care for them even after their physical disappearance we love them.I'm not sure of all these concepts ,earlier I used to think "Haah!! Why do people perform all these rituals and  make mess of death when they are already in misery".But the process of Death does'nt confine to leaving of the Physical body its much much more than that.(Now all of you don't ask me queries on this).Its not as simple as leaving Debate Mansion!!
I personally feel its unethical and immoral to celebrate festivals or to attend parties after the demise of the people we love and adore,it does;nt mean that people who are normal to their daily routine after the death of their loved ones are unethical or immoral.I just don't understand  westners in this concept.They forget people very easily and start the life afresh very easily.We don't have any right to question about the depth and intensity of the love they have on their people and the lost people.Because tears are same whether they are of an Indian or American and each soul is potentially divine.
When my granny died 3 years ago at a ripe age of 83,all of our family members cried a lot and my father's friend came to talk to us to convey his condolences after 1week.We were still in that mood of our granny's death and he brought 1kg of fresh  hot Jalebi (sweet).We were stunned !! What to do!! We ate those jalebi's crying when they are hot itself (by saying cheers to our Granny!!).
Cheers,
Mythili
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Excellent.

thanks 😃

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

Why sooo height.......just jump from 1st floor....😊 ðŸ˜‰

oye langde lulley ya phir comatose ko tum sambhalne aaogi ka?😆😆

Edited by qwertyesque - 17 years ago
ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
.Edited by ani11 - 14 years ago
TrubL thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cRaZyGrL192

I'm glad you posted your story. 😊

The american society typically lives in the present and looks forward, while our society dwells in the past a lot.  We have a lot of reeti rivaz we have to abide by - simple - vegetarian food, no sweets, no TV and so on. The younger generation now does not go through such an extended period of mourning. Mourning is a private affair - its length or lack of thereof does not mean that there is any less of an attachment. Everyone has their own way to mourn. American society moves on as one does not have much of a choice. And I think it is better to get back into the routine just so to make things bearable. Only time can heal the pain one feels with the death of a dear one.

cRaZyGrL192 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TrubL

I'm glad you posted your story. 😊

The american society typically lives in the present and looks forward, while our society dwells in the past a lot. We have a lot of reeti rivaz we have to abide by - simple -vegetarian food, no sweets, no TV and so on. The younger generation now does not go through such an extended period of mourning. Mourning is a private affair - its length or lack of thereof does not mean that there is any less of an attachment.Everyone has their own way to mourn. American society moves on as one does not have much of a choice. And I think it is better to get back into the routine just so to make things bearable. Only time can heal the pain one feels with the death of a dear one.

fnx 😛 i completely and totally agree with u...i couldnt have put it better my self...mourning is private and the way u decide to mourn in none of the so called society's business...i think it's about time that some of these reeti rivaz are forgotten...not all of them are practical...especially in todays time...