Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

WORD. I didn't watch the whole atrocity but heard Krishna declaring that Dwarka is free from any potential dangers until Radha is here. Do the writers even realize how wrong it is? Imagine holding thousands of innocents hostage in order to blackmail a bratty and immature crybaby into returning. 

In this show there's hardly any difference between Samba and Krishna. 

Well said Shruti! This serial has heavily deviated from the real story of Radha & Krishna! 

Lack of knowledge and wisdom about Krishna and Bhagavata Purana or Vedas or Puranas or Itihasas which deal with the true texts or older texts about Krishna or Radha makes these sort of distorted serials famous. ðŸ˜•

I dared to watch a few initial episodes of this serial and just could not get myself to watch further. My answer may be incorrect to some extent if the serial changed their storyline, but it is a very bad interpretation, much much worse than anyone can imagine! 

What they are thinking about Krishna, the fully developed supra-human who has shown divine powers since his birth till the end, who has accepted each and every attachment with revere, but kept himself as a water drop of a lotus leaf, unattached to any relationship ... how and why this SB Krishna dragged Radha wherever he goes, including into the battleground?  Why Radha was shown as a confused soul for the first half and a selfish woman in the second half? Difficult to spoil this story more than this! ðŸĪŠ

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

WORD. I didn't watch the whole atrocity but heard Krishna declaring that Dwarka is free from any potential dangers until Radha is here. Do the writers even realize how wrong it is? Imagine holding thousands of innocents hostage in order to blackmail a bratty and immature crybaby into returning. 

In this show there's hardly any difference between Samba and Krishna. 

You all will be surprised at the Fandom that still exists in insta, true love and all that. The producer and writers are catering to just that Fandom. I dont think they ever cared about portraying the true essence of this divine couple. Classic example of one spoling their own dish or burning  their own house i would say.

vyapti thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RainFire125

You all will be surprised at the Fandom that still exists in insta, true love and all that. The producer and writers are catering to just that Fandom. I dont think they ever cared about portraying the true essence of this divine couple. Classic example of one spoling their own dish or burning  their own house i would say.

I just realized one thing. The word "fanaticism" actually comes from the word "fan". 

RainFire125 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vyapti

I just realized one thing. The word "fanaticism" actually comes from the word "fan". 

hahahah probably V!!! But i really wonder the mindset of these fans. ARe they naive or Edited by RainFire125 - 3 years ago

vyapti thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

If love is considered as divine then why is desire considered as a sin?

Can anyone explain this?

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

[QUOTE=vyapti]

Can anyone explain this?

[/3QUOTE]

As per Bhagvath Gita Desire is not Sin, Selfishness is.

Fulfilling desires at the cost of harm to others is Sin.

Many people make a wrong interpretation of one person for a family, one family for a community, one community for a village and a village for a  Kingdom as sacrifice.

Actual interpretation is....

A person can strive to fullfill his/her desires but should not let that desire cause misery to the family. Similarly a family can pursue their desires but should not let those desires cause misery to their community. A community then should not become selfish about their desires and cause misery to their village and so on.

The philosophy is extended to mother nature/environment.

For eg... A parent has a stable job but desires to be an actor. He/ she can take every effort to fulfill that desire, but if he / she in the pursuit of that desire destroys financial security of the family then it is a sin.

Lesson is if you get to a situation where you have to choose between desire and duty you must choose your duty.

That is the sin part.

But connected to desire is the senseof entitlement (Ahankar)

A man or a woman is but a tiny inconsequential spec in the whole universe, where millions of variables in totally random behavior result in a unpredictable outcome.

So its not necessary that your desire will get fulfilled, even if you are deserving.

So take efforts to achieve your desires but dont ever assume you are entitled to a favourable outcome, or that desired fulfillment. Because if you take efforts you may get what you want or you may not. But if you dont take efforts you will definetly not get what you want

For eg. You want to top JEE. So you study really hard and take every possible effort to ace it. But whether you will actually achieve your desire to be topper is dependent not just on your efforts, but also the actions of question paper setter, the lakhs of other students who attempt the paper just as you and even nature. Eg a random event like Covid pandemic. But if you dont take efforts to study to be the topper. You will definetly not become a topper.

That is Karm kar Phal ki Iccha mat kar. This is the meaning of Ichha mat kar. 

Ichcha mat kar doesnt mean dont desire.

To sum up, Take efforts to fulfill your desires, because without efforts no desire can get fulfilled, but dont assume that your desire will get fulfilled just because you are deserving and most importantly dont ignore your duties while you take efforts to fulfill your desire.

Edited by Chiillii - 3 years ago
Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Unlike the utter BS shown in RK Serial, 

Radha and Krishna's love was the reason for their desire to be together, but when situation arose such that it was either they could perform their duty towards their family / society or fulfill their desire to be together, They rightly chose duty by giving up their desire.

Radha that people worship never assumed that just because her love is pure and true, her desire to be together in a happy married life with Krishna should be fulfilled. 

This show has made a complete mess of what was a beautiful lesson to everyone.

Edited by Chiillii - 3 years ago
RainFire125 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chiillii

Unlike the utter BS shown in RK Serial, 

Radha and Krishna's love was the reason for their desire to be together, but when situation arose such that it was either they could perform their duty towards their family / society or fulfill their desire to be together, They rightly chose duty by giving up their desire.

Radha that people worship never assumed that just because her love is pure and true, her desire to be together in a happy married life with Krishna should be fulfilled. 

This show has made a complete mess of what was a beautiful lesson to everyone.

So well said!! 

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

This show was actually watchable inspite of too many distortions in the first few months. Later the writers and the director decided to only fulfill the wishes of teenage fans who just want to see their Sumellika together in every episode even at the cost of the show and that's what happened. These teenagers enjoy seeing Sumellika but this show has become the worst mytho show ever. 

The director was boasting that the show would definitely run in 2021 too, of course it would run but for not too long. I have a feeling it won't survive for even 6 months 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: vyapti

Can anyone explain this?

Desire is not sin.

Nor is dispassion virtue. 

Any act which harms another is a sin. A married woman who hurts her husband and children with desire for another is committing a sin. Then again, nuance. What if he's an abusive you-know-what? Is selflessness under such circumstances virtue? Isn't it in fact sin because you're teachng your children the wrong thing? Isn't dispassion in this scenario merely a coping mechanism?

So yeah... blanket statements like the ones Swastik likes to give are meaningless. I suppose they do it to make themselves sound deep or something.

Lots of misinterpretations of MBh and Krishna story happened even before visual media, mostly for some constipated old men to control how society functions. Basically, they recoil in horror at the thought of physical passion.😆 These hypocritical fellows are also more likely to abuse depedents. In the bad, old days, these kind of things were rampant. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago