Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: diasingh2

It still doesn't translates to .... "Raavan was a rapist."
I am not saying Raavan was as holy as a saint, but this is just ABSOLUTE misinformation.

पितामहस्य भवनम् गच्चन्तीम् पुञ्जिकस्थलाम् |

चञ्चूर्यमाणामद्राक्षमाकाशेऽग्निशिखामिव || ६-१३-११

"Once I saw a celestial nymph, Punjikasthala(by name) flashing like a flame, concealing herself in the sky and proceeding towards the abode of Brahma."

सा प्रसह्य मया भुक्ता कृता विवसना ततः |

स्वयम्भूभवनम् प्राप्ता लोलिता नलिनी यथा || ६-१३-१२

"She was made unclothed by me and was enjoyed forcibly. Thereafter, appearing like a crumpled lotus, she went to the abode of Brahma."

तच्च तस्य तदा मन्ये ज्ञातमासीन्महात्मनः |

अथ सम्कुपितो वेधा मामिदम् वाक्यमब्रवी || ६-१३-१३

"I think that the matter was made known to the high soled Brahama and then the enraged Brahma spoke to me the following words:

अद्यप्रभृति यामन्याम् बलान्नारीम् गमिष्यसि |

तदा ते शतधा मुर्धा फलिष्यति न संशयः || ६-१३-१४

"From today onwards, if you revel with any other woman forcibly, your head then undoubtedly will break asunder into a hundred pieces.

Book VI : Yuddha Kanda - Book Of War

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

पितामहस्य भवनम् गच्चन्तीम् पुञ्जिकस्थलाम् |

चञ्चूर्यमाणामद्राक्षमाकाशेऽग्निशिखामिव || ६-१३-११

"Once I saw a celestial nymph, Punjikasthala(by name) flashing like a flame, concealing herself in the sky and proceeding towards the abode of Brahma."

सा प्रसह्य मया भुक्ता कृता विवसना ततः |

स्वयम्भूभवनम् प्राप्ता लोलिता नलिनी यथा || ६-१३-१२

"She was made unclothed by me and was enjoyed forcibly. Thereafter, appearing like a crumpled lotus, she went to the abode of Brahma."

तच्च तस्य तदा मन्ये ज्ञातमासीन्महात्मनः |

अथ सम्कुपितो वेधा मामिदम् वाक्यमब्रवी || ६-१३-१३

"I think that the matter was made known to the high soled Brahama and then the enraged Brahma spoke to me the following words:

अद्यप्रभृति यामन्याम् बलान्नारीम् गमिष्यसि |

तदा ते शतधा मुर्धा फलिष्यति न संशयः || ६-१३-१४

"From today onwards, if you revel with any other woman forcibly, your head then undoubtedly will break asunder into a hundred pieces.

Book VI : Yuddha Kanda - Book Of War

I am amazed that this is from Valmiki's Ramayan, yet I was unaware of this.

Is it really true Ravan raped Rambha?

I don't know Sanskrit.  So considering the English translation is correct, this is an eye opener for me.smiley23

rupsii thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Dimdim

One should always be open to different points of view. But to justify the abduction of  Goddess Sitaji who is worshipped and revered by many is insulting and is unnecessary.  Distorting Hindu scriptures, traditions, mythology, and our Gods & Goddesses under the garb of artistic freedom is another Bollywood trait. Only in India, you can target a majority community and get away with it without too many consequences. And then when some sections protest, they call Hindus intolerant. 

The fact is Hindus have been tolerant for a very long time, but things have changed recently. We have now learnt how to raise our voices and protest like how others do,  from different communities. 

And on top of all this, India gets called to be a Snowflake too.  

Good luck to Saif Ali Khan.

Couldn't have worded better than this!! 👏.. 

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

And on top of all this, India gets called to be a Snowflake too. 

I asked a simple question to the above poster to clear my doubt on whether she's claiming that Ravan raped Sita without making any demeaning comment on her...and my post gets deleted again proving that India is a country of snowflakes and they also exist on this forum.

Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

I asked a simple question to the above poster to clear my doubt on whether she's claiming that Ravan raped Sita without making any demeaning comment on her...and my post gets deleted again proving that India is a country of snowflakes and they also exist on this forum.

Why would your post get deleted? How is that even possible on IF? Is there a delete button?

And I still think it's not right to label a country ' snowflakes' based on someone's actions

Edited by Dimdim - 3 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Why would your post get deleted? How is that even possible on IF. Is there a delete button?

Mods deleted it, probably because of mass reporting.

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Lonewalker.

I know. It's really scary. I have seen people in MB forum & in Quora spaces who think Karna was the actual hero of Mahabharata but Maharshi Veda Vyasa was a biased fanboy of Arjuna & hence his narration was partial. I couldn't even comprehend what that could possibly mean 
I guess now a few decades later on, there will be similar arguments about Ravana & Meghnaad too 🤔

Must be the crowd that prefers the trashy soft p0rn version of MB that showcases Karna as this tragic, brooding anti-hero for whom Draupadi's heart pines. They know who they are.

Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

Mods deleted it, probably because of mass reporting.

Oh okay.  It's a public forum.  It was probably considered offensive. You should reach out to the mods who deleted it and find out the exact reason.  No harm in dialogue.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Dont we already know that? Ravana's abduction of Sita is already justified. 

An added fact is that Ravana did it to attain moksha and returned at Lord Vishnu's gatekeeper. 

Ravana (originally Jayan) was originally one of the gatekeepers of Vaikunth along with his brother (Vijayan). They were cursed to be born on Earth a thousand times before returning to Vaikunth. When they begged the sage their births were reduced to three but they had to be Vishnu haters. 

Vijayan's Birth one was as Hiranyashakan so the Varaha avatar killed him. 

Jayan was born first as Hirayakashipu so Narasimha killed him.

Ravana was Jayan's second birth and Kumbakaran was Vijayan. He was given immortality by Lord Shiva and could only return to Vaikunth if Lord Vishnu would kill him, hence the Rama avatar. 

The third birth was as Shishupala (Jayan) and Dhandhavakra (Vijayan) who were cousins of Krishna...they were killed by Krishna avatar.

Thanks for sharing the information, dear! 🙂 

I never knew this story at all. Today, I learnt something new. 

Stella_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

keeping aside all the religious thing , how can anyone justify abduction of a women as a revenge ?? women aren’t fu*king object that one can use them as a mean for revenge and dare say oh I have a reason to justify it !! gtfo already ..