Saif : " we will justify abduction of Sita and war with ram" - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

Indian television & modern literature have already whitewashed Karna to the point he can endorse fairness products now.

Indian Cinema has to follow suit & make the same happen to Ravana also I guess🤓

Edited by .Lonewalker. - 3 years ago

Would Koena play Surpanakha in this? 

Ravana didn't rape Sita. However, he raped other women before Sita's abduction and was cursed for it.

"From today onwards, if you revel with any other woman forcibly, your head then undoubtedly will break asunder into a hundred pieces.

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 years ago

Originally posted by .Lonewalker.

Indian television & modern literature have already whitewashed Karna to the point he can endorse fairness products now.

Indian Cinema has to follow suit & make the same happen to Ravana also I guess🤓

THIS. The whitewashing of Karna is on another level altogether. 😅

Loool Saif always puts his foot in it 😆

One should always be open to different points of view. But to justify the abduction of  Goddess Sitaji who is worshipped and revered by many is insulting and is unnecessary.  Distorting Hindu scriptures, traditions, mythology, and our Gods & Goddesses under the garb of artistic freedom is another Bollywood trait. Only in India, you can target a majority community and get away with it without too many consequences. And then when some sections protest, they call Hindus intolerant. 

The fact is Hindus have been tolerant for a very long time, but things have changed recently. We have now learnt how to raise our voices and protest like how others do,  from different communities. 

And on top of all this, India gets called to be a Snowflake too.  

Good luck to Saif Ali Khan.

Edited by Dimdim - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Wistfulness

Ravana didn't rape Sita. However, he raped other women before Sita's abduction and was cursed for it.

"From today onwards, if you revel with any other woman forcibly, your head then undoubtedly will break asunder into a hundred pieces.

It still doesn't translates to .... "Raavan was a rapist."
I am not saying Raavan was as holy as a saint, but this is just ABSOLUTE misinformation.

Agreed. But, if we disregard these divine origins and histories of characters, the abduction can't be justified. 

The IV bits make me feel like the narrative would be twisted heavily to justify Ravana and to include him in the category of those wretched grey anti-heroes. Already we see ignorant people sharing trash with captions like Ravana never touched Sita blah blah when it's established that the former was a RAPIST.

@bold: Aint that the beauty of Sanatana Dharma. When u see the story with the past, the actions aren't justified, but it gets proven that everything happens for a reason. When you see the story individually and specifically, you learn lesson: like here, you should follow your Dharma, walk the path of non violence until someone provokes you. Shri Rama did both: saved his wife, saved the human race and finished adharma.

I think they are giving Ramayana a very wrong twist. Thats why I don't like Bollywood doing ancient history, they turn it into some controversy. Then scream and protest when Hindus (dubbed as 'bhakts') boycott and try block the film's release.

THIS. The whitewashing of Karna is on another level altogether. 😅

I know. It's really scary. I have seen people in MB forum & in Quora spaces who think Karna was the actual hero of Mahabharata but Maharshi Veda Vyasa was a biased fanboy of Arjuna & hence his narration was partial. I couldn't even comprehend what that could possibly mean 
I guess now a few decades later on, there will be similar arguments about Ravana & Meghnaad too 🤔

TBH both Bollywood movies & Indian TV Channels like SP, Colors, Zee etc don't care much about historical / mythological accuracy. 
Most of the movies / shows look like they are just fanfictions written on characters having similar names. 😆