Saif : " we will justify abduction of Sita and war with ram" - Page 4

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by .Lonewalker.

TBH both Bollywood movies & Indian TV Channels like SP, Colors, Zee etc don't care much about historical / mythological accuracy. 
Most of the movies / shows look like they are just fanfictions written on characters having similar names. 😆

@bold this is so true 😆

the way every historical/mythological movies or shows are actually nothing but fanfics 

Is Saifu the next Salman? The way he has been giving attntion grabbing statements

Originally posted by Wistfulness

“It’s interesting to play a demon king, less strictures in that. But we will make him humane, up the entertainment quotient, justify his abduction of Sita and the war with Ram as revenge for what was done to his sister Surpanakha by Lakshman, who cut off her nose,

^ LOL! These adaptations never fail in making a hero out of highly problematic men like Ravana and Karna. 

Curious to know how demoness Shurpanakha's acts will be justified. I guess the narrative would be tweaked to paint her Treta Yuga abla naari. 😅

Moreover, will they show the humane Ravana killing his dearest sister's husband? 😓

The thing with mythology is that there are so many different versions of every story and every character has a problematic side to them if you go and analyze the story but that is the beauty of these stories too. Everyone has a bad side to them and I guess as a reader it's upto us how we interpret their storyline and what meaning we take out of it. Now glorification is something which we tend to do and it's again upto the reader which character they relate to and sympathise with most. 

Originally posted by Cpt.DudleySmith

Must be the crowd that prefers the trashy soft p0rn version of MB that showcases Karna as this tragic, brooding anti-hero for whom Draupadi's heart pines. They know who they are.

Nah. Not really. I have seen plenty of people who claim to have read the BORI Compilation or KMG translation rooting for Karna & trashing Krishna - Arjuna. It's not the effect of one single folktale. Recent literature & Indian television have created such a victimized image of Karna, that people have started to believe that to be true & just do not wish to accept the truth anymore. 

They quote cherry picked lines, nitpick over few particular words from BORI & KMG versions and think they can twist the narration as per their fancy. Hell! In fact they even believe it!

For example - There is clear mention of Karna failing at Draupadi's swayamvar task both in BORI & KMG version. But these people living in denial, think that since it's written only "Karna who is famous for his archery skills & physical strength" it can be any Karna. Probably some minor king from other Kingdom or Gandhari's son Karna. It's not written "Suryaputra Radheya Karna" you see. 😆 Such is the level of denial & desperation to find loopholes😆 

Yeah! It's scary.

Thank God Ravana still does not have such fan following so far. But Meghnaad is alarmingly close to that.

Nah. Not really. I have seen plenty of people who claim to have read the BORI Compilation or KMG translation rooting for Karna & trashing Krishna - Arjuna. It's not the effect of one single folktale. Recent literature & Indian television have created such a victimized image of Karna, that people have started to believe that to be true & just do not wish to accept the truth anymore. 

They quote cherry picked lines, nitpick over few particular words from BORI & KMG versions and think they can twist the narration as per their fancy. Hell! In fact they even believe it!

For example - There is clear mention of Karna failing at Draupadi's swayamvar task both in BORI & KMG version. But these people living in denial, think that since it's written only "Karna who is famous for his archery skills & physical strength" it can be any Karna. Probably some minor king from other Kingdom or Gandhari's son Karna. It's not written "Suryaputra Radheya Karna" you see. 😆 Such is the level of denial & desperation to find loopholes😆 

Yeah! It's scary.

Thank God Ravana still does not have such fan following so far. But Meghnaad is alarmingly close to that.

LOL, not just Karna, even other mytho characters either get caricatured or portrayed wrongly thereby ITV creating their own fantasies that such & such occurred. Audience gets influenced believing, "okay, so such and such occurred" w/o researching the facts. 

Originally posted by Meena_J

LOL, not just Karna, even other mytho characters either get caricatured or portrayed wrongly thereby ITV creating their own fantasies that such & such occurred. Audience gets influenced believing, "okay, so such and such occurred" w/o researching the facts. 

But the level of Karna is something else altogether😆 

I have issues with portrayal of Shri Krishna by few certain serials also, but thankfully I haven't come across people who actually believed in them.

In Karna's case, people even blame Vyasa for being biased 🤣

But the level of Karna is something else altogether😆 

I have issues with portrayal of Shri Krishna by few certain serials also, but thankfully I haven't come across people who actually believed in them.

In Karna's case, people even blame Vyasa for being biased 🤣

😆

Biased towards whom? Arjuna?

Its refreshing to come across folks who don’t idolize Karna btw. Otherwise there is so much misinformation that gets peddled through these useless episodic TV dramas simply because they need to fill their time with shocking drama.

Lmao this reminds me of that scene from Suryaputra Karna where he calls Draupadi a Vaishya. I think in the original he meant to insult her but in the show he was crying more than the Pandavas were lol. And they made it seem like Duryodhan forced him to call Draupadi that. Utter nonsense 

Dimaag kharaab hua hai kya Saif ka...pagal insaan🤢

When will these idiot BW wales learn not to mess with religion and faith of people...kameeno sambhal jao...🤢

Originally posted by pink_doughnut

Lmao this reminds me of that scene from Suryaputra Karna where he calls Draupadi a Vaishya. I think in the original he meant to insult her but in the show he was crying more than the Pandavas were lol. And they made it seem like Duryodhan forced him to call Draupadi that. Utter nonsense 

And it works. My 7 year old nephew thinks Karna was misunderstood, misrepresented and ultimate tragic hero of the Epic who was compromised (by Krishna) just so that Arjuna can come across as the Hero.🤔. Now how do we reason it out with a 7 year old?