Younger actor with older actress: do you think it works?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

We hardly see older actresses romancing young actors, though old actors still continue to be paired opposite girls half their age.

We have seen examples of such pairings in Ki and Ki, Wake Up Sid, Dil Chahta Hai, and Ae Dil Hai Mushkil among others. Did you feel it was odd, or was it okay for you to see such couples? Why don't we see more of such pairings in Bollywood?

Personally, I thought Ranbir shard more chemistry with Aishwarya than Anushka in ADHM.

Upcoming film also has Siddhant Chaturvedi opposite Deepika Padukone (if I'm not wrong).

Discuss what you feel about such pairings.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Do we see a lot of such couples in real life?  The audience is expected to suspend belief and accept that the hero and the heroine are of the same age group. We have Amitabh- Waheeda in Kabhie Kabhie, Madhuri with Akshay Khanna in Mohabbat, Sridevi with SRK and Salman in Army and Chaand kaa Tukdaa, Rekha with Rishi Kapoor in Azaad desh ke gulam.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Well, it's always a complain by many people about age appropriate casting and stories with couples having age difference, but movies that did feature couples with elder women didn't really do well all the time, like Dil Bole Haddipa.

But now, the crowd is becoming smart, like you said, Aish-Ranbir>>>Anushka-Ranbir popularity wise. So, I think if the story is right (like DCH, Wake up Sid) and the chemistry is right (ADHM), audience won't mind and elder woman romancing a younger man or a story between such couple. But it has to click.

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 3 years ago