Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

natkhat_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

In elementary school I had a very strong British accent because my English teacher was British, middle school I slowly lost it while I was living in India and during high school I developed an American accent because it was an American school. Right now if you close your eyes and listen to me, it seems as though I am an Indian trying to imitate an American accent using British words. Language and accent is highly influenced by where you live and keeps evolving for third culture kids like me and based on what little information is available about Katrina, her. 

About why people like it - most people love “exotic” accents. Where I live most people like a British/Italian/Australian accent. I don’t think that is limited to India or Indians. 

CuttingChai thumbnail

The Family International cult has ppl from all over the world , and she moved all over the world like HongKong , Hawaii. So her accent is a mish mash of all the accents. 

Good for her, that she has achieved so much in her life. But I don't know how many girls Katrina's mom and her partner have  introduced to the cult with that 12 foundation stone crap , in the guise of being a charity in India. 

Edited by MooPoint - 3 years ago
BlueWaters20 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I was curious about her accent as well, so I went looking for her old interviews to see if it's changed. Her interview for her first films press conference (Boom) is on YouTube, and in it she has a more recognisably British accent. Although it's not a pure British accent (also sounds a little American), it sounds cleaner than the way she speaks now. 

To me her accent now sounds like a mix of British / American / Indian. You can hear a bit of a British accent, some words she says with an American accent, but her speech has an overall Indian slant to it. 

I think she now puts on a bit of an Indian actress, perhaps in a misguided attempt to 'fit in'. Or maybe her accent just has naturally changed, as she's been based in India for a long time now. 

In her BBC Asian Network interview, her accent sounds a little closer to how it did in the Boom press conference. But that might be because she's talking to a British interviewer. She may be one of those people who unconsciously adapts her accent in accordance with the person she's talking to.

Edited by BlueWaters20 - 3 years ago
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Always find it funny when Indians back home claim they got a British accent due to their teachers or school... but actually sound just as Indian as everyone else there lol.

Kat's accent sounds mixed/European to me.

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Real.Madrid

Always find it funny when Indians back home claim they got a British accent due to their teachers or school... but actually sound just as Indian as everyone else there lol.

Kat's accent sounds mixed/European to me.

😂 yeah, its like desis who start twanging after just a quick trip to another country... like Sri Lanka. 😂