Whats up with Katrina Kaifs english accent?

J3601 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Ive never seen anyone from the UK speak like that.. Im pretty sure she grew up in London 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

She has changed it for the uneducated Indian media so that they can understand it. I am pretty sure she talks normally to her family. 

Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

It's a hybrid, it has always leaned towards being North American. I guess that is on account of her living in Hong Kong and her French-Canadian father.

No one would say it's an English accent.

Course even after sounding like that people, mostly Indians revere it.

Edited by Mrignaini - 3 years ago
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

All I know is that it's not a British/English accent. 

I have also always wondered from where she gets that accent as it doesn't sound American either. Her sister Isabelle also has that accent.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Katrina said in one interview that she was home schooled by through some American correspondent courses. So possible she has a mix accent. Plus her childhood as per her interviews, has been spent around the world through France, Hong Kong, Switzerland and so on, even including sometime in Eastern Europe. So it's possible she never developed a particular accent. And it is some sort of mix. But I do think she speaks like one of those english speaking Indians from India, who have some sort of American influence, but not entirely American. 

GumGum thumbnail

Call center walon se training li. Sallu bhi ek time pe fake US accent mein baatein karta tha. Shayad ek hi master ji raat ko dono ko A for apple B for ball sikhane aate the. 

Edited by GumGum - 3 years ago
kites_and_stars thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Her accent is a mix of British English, American English, and Canadian English, though most of the time she sounds like a Canadian.

Sense9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Coz of her accent, there is something very unclear in how she enunciates many English words.

Have heard a lot of accents - personally / official work and through media - movies etc but never heard someone pronounce words like she does. Unclear.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Most people who have been raised in different countries like Kat have an American-ish accent similar to her...

Many Europeans also speak English with that kind of accent, I have seen myself.

J3601 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjalika01

Most people who have been raised in different countries like Kat have an American-ish accent similar to her...

Many Europeans also speak English with that kind of accent, I have seen myself.

but she grew up in london and thats not Cockney accent... she sounds like a person who learnt how to speak english in her early teens