Frequent Posters

Muskie thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Vidya balan and Akshay Kumar from mission Mangal 👍🏼

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I genuinely can’t understand why people think a boy and girl can never be “just friends” 😶

Like do you people feel attracted to every opposite gender person that you meet?? 🙃🙃

Anjalika01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Soha Ali Khan & all the boys in RDB. 

Best example tbh 

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Muskie

ohh yess it was truely visibly in "tu bin bataye"👍🏼 

But all the boys did share amazing bonding with soha's character 😳

IKR. But yeah they didn’t build up on it and just left it to the audiences’ perception I guess.

On bold: Ohh. absolutely! ❤️

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: FilmiDhun

Main hoon Na is not a good example. SRK and amrita had their own love interests in the film and therefore there was no need of forcing a romantic angle into their equation.

But yeah, I have racked my brain and can't think of a movie where the hero heroine were just friends with them being the focal point of the movie. (Don't give examples like say Aditi and Bunny from YJHD because like MHN, they had their own LIs and they weren't the central pair of the film).

I can't blame BW though. Let's ask ourselves. If you are straight and have this really deep bond with a person of the opposite sex, is it possible to keep your feelings completely platonic? Especially if say that person is attractive?

Experience has shown me that a straight girl and a straight guy can be very good friends, but not "BEST" friends. In such cases either both eventually fall in love, or one person falls for the other and gets friendzoned.

@bold, only if I'm not a virgin.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Anjalika01

I genuinely can’t understand why people think a boy and girl can never be “just friends” 😶

Because pyar dosti hai 😆

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: FilmiDhun

I can't blame BW though. Let's ask ourselves. If you are straight and have this really deep bond with a person of the opposite sex, is it possible to keep your feelings completely platonic? Especially if say that person is attractive?

Experience has shown me that a straight girl and a straight guy can be very good friends, but not "BEST" friends. In such cases either both eventually fall in love, or one person falls for the other and gets friendzoned.

Being attracted to someone does not mean you cannot be friends. There is nothing wrong with being in the friendszone. 

Are heterosexuals OK? It seems like interpersonal relationships are so hard y'all. 😆

Anjalika01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Because pyar dosti hai 😆

🤣

True to some extent though tbh...

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Rani and her 3 roommates in Queen, though it is implied there could be something romantic brewing between Oleksander and Rani, with the other two, it's platonic.

I saw this movie recently called Karvaan, and I expected there would be a romance between Mithila Palkar's and Dulquer Salman's characters, but it never happened. They remain friends.

This movie is an oldie, but Amitabh and Rakhee's characters in Bemisaal start out as probable love interests but their relationship evolves in a platonic manner after she marries Vinod Mehra's character. It's one of the most refreshing portrayals of a non-romantic man-woman relationship I've ever seen in a movie. Though he could address her as "bhabhi" since she marries his friend, he doesn't - he calls her "sakhi".

Bhootnath and Chhoti Bahu in Sahib, Bibi Aur Ghulam.

Govind and Damini in 'Damini'.

Supari_khala thumbnail

Not true, feelings die. People move on. There are some men I’ve fcuked who I wouldn’t again because they’re just not my type anymore. It’s possible to be platonic 

Oh as far as friendship between men and women in BW movies, I think Kangana’s relationship with Oleksander in Queen was shown nicely 

Edited by Chameli_billi - 3 years ago