Amitabh Bachchan of early 2000 > Bachchan of 70s

J3601 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Flashback Friday: Stills from K3G | Amitabh bachchan, Bollywood  celebrities, Bollywood17 Years of Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (14/12/2001) | by Bollywoodirect |  MediumThe Big B: Amitabh Bachchan

He is was better looking and also better actor in 2000s

what y'all think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlxfIIgKZho

Early 2000s he was playing quite a lot of stern fathers and father figures- quite limiting.  He got  interesting  again as an actor when he moved past  that phase.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Bachchan was mesmerizing in his Hrishikesh Mukherjee phase and his dad phase is also great. But I can't stand his angry young man phase -Deewar,Trishul and the rest. By the late 80s  there was this muttering of "Why doesn't he retire?"  To be fair the same thing was said of Vinod Khanna, Jeetendra,Dharmendra and the rest of the 70s crew also.

maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

My God The craze for him was absolutely madness in theatres ..elders, young people all luvd him ðŸ˜Š..Angry young man his aura--people used to clap,whistle  for his first entry.....He is and  was MegaStar😊

Now there is no craze for stars --from last 10 -15 yrs--now BW and TV stars are like same, are  in same category

Very soon now u will see negative articles on AB sr.😆

Edited by maha15 - 3 years ago
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I never watched Hindi movies of the 70's. I'm born in 1985, and I started seeing movies only in the 90's.

But yes, I think 2000's was his best phase....he was epic in those movies like Mohabbatein and K3g.

I also think he's doing some amazing work now- he was SUPERB in  Badla and MIND-BLOWING in Gulabo Sitabo. He just gets better with age, like wine.

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Lol no. Bachchan at his peak in the 70s is pretty much the GOAT star-actor. 

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Bachchan at his peak was bigger than any current superstars, the angry young man was something I love him for, Deewar, Trishul some of his greatest performances, in the 80s it got boring after seeing him repeat himself in the same kind of roles. Post 2000 he reinvented himself and experimented with different types of roles, much like in his early 70s pre-angry young man era.

simplyrdb thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

There is simply no comparison for Bachchan at his peak in the '70s in the entire Indian film industry. He did everything that is possible to do for an actor and a star - storywise. 

Everyone else was/is doing different iterations of the plots done by him. 

Edited by simplyrdb - 3 years ago
Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

One doesn’t even have to be born during his time to imagine the kind of craze he must have generated to topple the likes of bonafide superstars like Rajesh Khanna. 

He is the ultimate favorite of about 99% Hindi Cinema fans- which consists of people from all religions, genders and age groups. 

He kept on reinventing himself at every turn of his career and excelled. He is the Super Mega Star of Indian Cinema and there is absolutely no one as of now who is anywhere at sight who can reach his level of greatness, let alone surpass it! 

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Aanandaa

One doesn’t even have to be born during his time to imagine the kind of craze he must have generated to topple the likes of bonafide superstars like Rajesh Khanna. 

He is the ultimate favorite of about 99% Hindi Cinema fans- which consists of people from all religions, genders and age groups. 

He kept on reinventing himself at every turn of his career and excelled. He is the Super Mega Star of Indian Cinema and there is absolutely no one as of now who is anywhere at sight who can reach his level of greatness, let alone surpass it! 

Sushant??